4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

5 hours ago, Collibosher said:

What do you think about that "airport" on this fake map, even the 3D era Vice City has more realistically shaped runway? This fake airport only consists of runaway and nothing else, no hangars or anything.

It does. You can clearly see the terminal on the northeast side and 2 large hangars 'underneath' the runways.

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

If it is real (which I don't think it is) I'm bored of it already and the game isn't even out yet.

True... that's what I thought when I saw it. Looks like something from Just Cause game.

Also, I've been bored of Vice City since at least one year.

Edited by Americana

I’m not going to doubt any credible leaks such as this one unless there’s enough evidence suggesting that it is fake. I remember RDR 2’s map leaking a few months before the game was even announced and a lot of people did not believe that map was real either so I’m not surprise to see the same thing happening with this one. The map definitely seem to had been done during early development at best.

One question I have though is if this map does turn out to be fake then what type of program could someone had possibly used to pulled it off? 

Edited by Gtaman_92

1 hour ago, Gtaman_92 said:

One question I have though is if this map does turn out to be fake then what type of program could someone had possibly used to pulled it off? 

Photoshop and google maps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gtaman_92 said:

I’m not going to doubt any credible leaks such as this one unless there’s enough evidence suggesting that it is fake. I remember RDR 2’s map leaking a few months before the game was even announced and a lot of people did not believe that map was real either so I’m not surprise to see the same thing happening with this one. The map definitely seem to had been done during early development at best.

What on earth makes this "leak" any more credible than this 5 minute photoshop I just did from couple aerial maps of miami?

DBjW6W6.png

5 minutes ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

UP: i made one too. took 20 min

Xa0FsrQ.jpg

Everything in this map makes more sense and is more believable from every aspect 🤣

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

Xa0FsrQ.jpg

does this mean that the map is false? 

by the way, great edit

Edited by George twelve
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

7 minutes ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

If we all agreed about everything it would get real boring real quick lol. It's fine as long as we keep it civil

Discussion is good 👍

Nothing wrong with being proven wrong, learning something new, or seeing things from a new perspective, etc. And there's also nothing wrong with saying when you just don't know something.

1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

It simply means it can be made. By anyone, including Rockstar. 

Spent the last 20 minutes trying to create a Liverpool map spoof to prove you wrong. Did horrible, but still sharing it for the effort:

Spoiler

12.png

Edited by BlueLion90
  • KEKW 3

1 hour ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

Xa0FsrQ.jpg

You are lying. It must be the real map, because you have got a Dan Houser avatar. Therefore you must be a R*-employee.

Nice trolling, R*! Good job! Making us believe that a random GTAforums user creates a "fanmade" map, but it's actually the real deal. Brilliant strategy.

The RDR2 one looked fake as hell lbh. Like it didn’t look like a map made by a multi billion dollar company. But then again this one looks a bit more professional so to speak but could very well be fake. There’s just no way of knowing.

Like the RDR2 plot leak where it mentioned birthing a foal etc. It just sounded so ridiculous at the time.

Edited by YNNEL

21 minutes ago, mussefar03 said:

So we believe it's real?

The fact that the users on this forum are able to make more believable maps than that fake looking one pretty much says everything lol.

Let's leave aside the fact that this map may be true or false ...
What do you guys think about it?
Would you like this to be the final map of the game?
To me personally it is not very convincing. I see too much sea between the islands... Too much empty space.
How long would it take us to travel from one island to another?
(I'm referring to the complete map of all the islands, not just Miami)

Just now, Vaultboy99 said:
Let's leave aside the fact that this map may be true or false ...
What do you guys think about it?
Would you like this to be the final map of the game?
To me personally it is not very convincing. I see too much sea between the islands... Too much empty space.
How long would it take us to travel from one island to another?
(I'm referring to the complete map of all the islands, not just Miami)

Yes i like it. I just wish liberty city also were there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mussefar03 said:

Yes i like it. I just wish liberty city also were there

Maybe they could include it with some type of teleport (taking a plane at the airport maybe?).

Like North Yankton in GTA 5.

I guess it depends on the story they want to create, it has to be correlated with the main story and not just an addition to expand the map of the game.

Guys what do you think about this GTA V map leak in 2011?

https://topcoder23.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/official-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-from-rockstar-games/

I think it could be a very early beta version, because look at the roads like the one of the right, is the same road near the beach and Kortz Center in the top, also East Los Santos, that is so similar to the factories zone of Palomino Highlands and the Mission Row Police Station, and in the top there are 3 villages that are located in a strange way where Paleto Bay, Grapeseed and Sandy Shores are located, and the early Alamo Sea of course. And the Los Santos Golf Club, that´s quite interesting that is located in a similar way with the final game.

Edited by rml_gta

6 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

https://topcoder23.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/official-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-from-rockstar-games/

I think it could be a very early beta version, because look at the roads like the one of the right, is the same road near the beach and Kortz Center in the top, also East Los Santos, that is so similar to the factories zone of Palomino Highlands and the Mission Row Police Station, and in the top there are 3 villages that are located in a strange way where Paleto Bay, Grapeseed and Sandy Shores are located, and the early Alamo Sea of course.

If it is real it must be the earliest piece of map i have ever seen. It has been changed very much. But it kinda looks like it was a base model for the real map.

8 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

I think it could be a very early beta version, because look at the roads like the one of the right, is the same road near the beach and Kortz Center in the top, also East Los Santos, that is so similar to the factories zone of Palomino Highlands and the Mission Row Police Station, and in the top there are 3 villages that are located in a strange way where Paleto Bay, Grapeseed and Sandy Shores are located, and the early Alamo Sea of course. And the Los Santos Golf Club, that´s quite interesting that is located in a similar way with the final game.

It's fake. It's always been fake. The screenshot using the map as it's minimap was faked as it's a location from GTA IV.

6 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

It's fake. It's always been fake. The screenshot using the map as it's minimap was faked as it's a location from GTA IV.

Really? I see so many coincidences in the layout with the GTA V final map, I mean, the "rounded" motorway model, the villages locations, the similar distributions of LS, the big Alamo Sea in the middle, and the Palomino Highlands factories wasn´t in San Andreas, but if you are talking about the "gameplay image" yeah that´s quite fake, but the pause menu...I have doubts with it

Edited by rml_gta

Someone showed me this on Twitter (not sure if it's already been discussed) I skimmed through here and didn't see any mention past or present. 

But on the @1985 Twitter account where these images originated from in 2018, the account only follows one person and that account is @VG_Marketing

On this account, which was abandoned in December 2018, the same day that @1985 posted the "leaked map" photos, it Tweeted, "This will be my last tweet. Bye. Maybe I'll see you in 'Miami'."

This is a reference to that billboard in GTA 3. Also from other Tweets it can be gathered that this user was involved in the video game industry. 

But this is where it gets interesting - I understand it can be fake but this would take dedication - because this account Tweeted in October 2015 an image of a calendar... But if you look in the top left image, you can see a paper with the Take 2 Interactive logo and some telephone numbers. So could this person really be an insider? 

1U95Ify.png

Edited by ZacCoxTV
to post image

8 minutes ago, ZacCoxTV said:

Someone showed me this on Twitter (not sure if it's already been discussed) I skimmed through here and didn't see any mention past or present. 

But on the @1985 Twitter account where these images originated from in 2018, the account only follows one person and that account is @VG_Marketing

On this account, which was abandoned in December 2018, the same day that @1985 posted the "leaked map" photos, it Tweeted, "This will be my last tweet. Bye. Maybe I'll see you in 'Miami'."

This is a reference to that billboard in GTA 3. Also from other Tweets it can be gathered that this user was involved in the video game industry. 

But this is where it gets interesting - I understand it can be fake but this would take dedication - because this account Tweeted in October 2015 an image of a calendar... But if you look in the top left image, you can see a paper with the Take 2 Interactive logo and some telephone numbers. So could this person really be an insider? 

1U95Ify.png

Now i can print T2 logo, make fake twitter acc, post img similar to this and in the future ppl will be talking about it because they saw T2 logo :kekw: