1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

On 7/21/2021 at 11:42 PM, evelpod666 said:

https://sites.google.com/view/lastfishsupper/home

Incidentally you  have been enshrined in the Truth Map I made for the Scot.

I'm genuinely a little concerned for your sanity.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, dantedenirodeniro said:

That's for sure, Rockstar would never make us wait an entire year just for a regular port of the game for the new gen. Maybe not a feature like the first person mode, but i'm really hoping to see an updated RAGE, better physics, car damage, better A.I, etc. I think we can safely believe that. Otherwise, that would prove that Rockstar really went downhill by the years.

Id keep your hopes much lower then that, I'm expecting slight graphical changes and thats about it. Dont you think that over the last year we would have heard what E&E is bringing to the table, especially since pre orders are now available apparently. They couldnt even be bothered to create a new trailer for it when it was announced

ArthurZussman
On 7/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, KoolHoven said:

Id keep your hopes much lower then that, I'm expecting slight graphical changes and thats about it. Dont you think that over the last year we would have heard what E&E is bringing to the table, especially since pre orders are now available apparently. They couldnt even be bothered to create a new trailer for it when it was announced

"Slight graphical changes" yet they are taking 1 year and a half to release this version. If it were just an 4k upgrade, wouldn't be taking this long

On 7/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, ArthurZussman said:

"Slight graphical changes" yet they are taking 1 year and a half to release this version. If it were just an 4k upgrade, wouldn't be taking this long

This, a whole lot of this.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 5:07 PM, ArthurZussman said:

Clearly they're adding more trees to the map which is very time consuming.

• KEKW 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:58 AM, Fail_At_GTA said:

One tree each 4 days.

CynicalMexican
On 7/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, Fail_At_GTA said:

Tbh seeing GTA 5 with more foliage and vegetation overall would be pretty cool.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, Fail_At_GTA said:

Also buying licenses for more music, without laslow getting them is way harder, obviously...

On 7/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, ArthurZussman said:

Could just be the mixture of Covid and Rockstar seemingly trying to reduce crunch culture. Either that or they are holding the release off until they more next gen consoles had sold. Not much point releasing a nextgen game if not many people own the console to run it. Maybe Rockstar is actually fixing the online, like all the bugs it has, the huge security issues and maybe even rebalance the weaponry available.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:32 AM, CynicalMexican said:

Tbh seeing GTA 5 with more foliage and vegetation overall would be pretty cool.

Honestly would quite like that lol. Make the place feel more alive in the nature sense. That and maybe updating the texturing plus touching up the lighting. That imo would be quite a nice thing to breath some fresh air into the game

CynicalMexican
On 7/21/2021 at 6:50 PM, KoolHoven said:

Could just be the mixture of Covid and Rockstar seemingly trying to reduce crunch culture. Either that or they are holding the release off until they more next gen consoles had sold. Not much point releasing a nextgen game if not many people own the console to run it. Maybe Rockstar is actually fixing the online, like all the bugs it has, the huge security issues and maybe even rebalance the weaponry available.

Honestly would quite like that lol. Make the place feel more alive in the nature sense. That and maybe updating the texturing plus touching up the lighting. That imo would be quite a nice thing to breath some fresh air into the game

If GTA V E&E has the amount of vegetation that was shown in the 2011 intro trailer, I would be... quite happy. That, and a bunch of other real improvements to the product.

Glad this guy admitted it was fake. There was so much delusion going on amongst the younger fans it was starting to annoy me, especially on Reddit. Look, the game is years away from being finished. We know that because the game is not announced yet. If a map got leaked for real, it wouldn't look like a map you would see in a pause menu, or one you'd see printed on the in-case materials.

Those 'finished' maps have got go through designers for years, and they probably see hundreds of various iterations before heads sign them off and they are coded into the game. And it's not just the look, there will be thousands of names of locations, buildings, areas all associated with the map that also need to be signed off. They aren't going to lock a design into the game early like this because a simple name change (think New Bordeaux RDR2) would throw it all off and they'd be working backwards for weeks to amend it all.

If anyone plans on faking a map again in the near future, it's probably best to at least try and make it look like a development grid that developers have to work with whilst they finalise the game ready for the designers to do their work, complete with grid systems and highlight colours. Like so:

It looks like this because it was at a stage when the game was still being made and things were probably changing in regards to the map on weekly basis. It would be moronic for designers to spend time creating finished artwork at this time.

Honestly, to me it's as stupid as 'leaking' a disc artwork and trying to convince people you have the game, despite the game being years away. Just an impossibility. What annoys me is that people actually believed it.

Edited by DarkDayz

On 7/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, DarkDayz said:

Glad this guy admitted it was fake. There was so much delusion going on amongst the younger fans it was starting to annoy me, especially on Reddit. Look, the game is years away from being finished. We know that because the game is not announced yet. If a map got leaked for real, it wouldn't look like a map you would see in a pause menu, or one you'd see printed on the in-case materials.

Those 'finished' maps have got go through designers for years, and they probably see hundreds of various iterations before heads sign them off and they are coded into the game. And it's not just the look, there will be thousands of names of locations, buildings, areas all associated with the map that also need to be signed off. They aren't going to lock a design into the game early like this because a simple name change (think New Bordeaux RDR2) would throw it all off and they'd be working backwards for weeks to amend it all.

If anyone plans on faking a map again in the near future, it's probably best to at least try and make it look like a development grid that developers have to work with whilst they finalise the game ready for the designers to do their work, complete with grid systems and highlight colours. Like so:

It looks like this because it was at a stage when the game was still being made and things were probably changing in regards to the map on weekly basis. It would be moronic for designers to spend time creating finished artwork at this time.

Honestly, to me it's as stupid as 'leaking' a disc artwork and trying to convince people you have the game, despite the game being years away. Just an impossibility. What annoys me is that people actually believed it.

Yeah that RDR2 map was unfinished because Annesberg and van horn have swapped places as well as colter and Adler ranch there.

CynicalMexican

I think Colter was supposed to be a proper town too IIRC

nicktestbranch

I've edited the OP to include a link to the leaks archive by Len_LFC for tracking purposes, and so there's a source of sorts for bits of information that could point towards credibility based on their origins. I have also edited the OP to give a somewhat-arbitrary "status" on leaks discussed in this thread, with only one truly achieving [DEBUNKED] status. The other maps including the elusive Vestawa Island map are left as unverified, simply because we don't have something to compare with to disprove them yet, and so discussion should continue on them.

• Like 3

I was busy playing O yesterday, such a shame I missed this unraveling.

I stopped posting after I saw this all become a mess but I said:

"I'd rather be mocked for being skeptical than for believing in some silly image that someone faked and posted on the Internet."

Edited by BlackScout
  • KEKW 2

What page was this fake link originally posted on? I just wanna see the first few reactions. This site is a bitch these days on mobile, you get ads every time you click another page.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:26 PM, NikosUncle said:

What page was this fake link originally posted on? I just wanna see the first few reactions. This site is a bitch these days on mobile, you get ads every time you click another page.

Page 41, its a bit anticlimactic and kinda sad 

CynicalMexican
On 7/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, BlackScout said:

I was busy playing O yesterday, such a shame I missed this unraveling.

I stopped posting after I saw this all become a mess but I said:

"I'd rather be mocked for being skeptical than for believing in some silly image that someone faked and posted on the Internet."

People have been creating fake fanon that passes off as real since the Book of Enoch dropped, son. 

I'm wonder if that "plane leak" and "car leak" pics was also a Tim works...

I also liked the way he tried to infiltrate the investigation, and make a huge post exposing one of his fake leaks. :kekw:

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:47 AM, Yannerrins said:

I'm wonder if that "plane leak" and "car leak" pics was also a Tim works...

🤔

The yellow plane one? he said he didn't create those screens.

nicktestbranch
On 7/22/2021 at 8:26 PM, NikosUncle said:

Page 41, here's the post itself.

Lol For Sure.

on a scale of 1 - 16 how blurry will the next "leak" be ...

On 7/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, Inter6135 said:

Lol For Sure.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:58 AM, Fail_At_GTA said:

Trees will need some time to grow, it's not that easy.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:30 AM, Inter6135 said:

69.420 is my prediction

Seriously speaking, it's very sad to come here just to get the confirmation that there are no news about VI. We really don't know anything and there's nothing even remotely resembling a possible leak. Good job on R* keeping everything secret.

Edited by Geisterfaust
  • Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Geisterfaust said:

Seriously speaking, it's very sad to come here just to get the confirmation that there are no news about VI. We really don't know anything and there's nothing even remotely resembling a possible leak. Good job on R* keeping everything secret.

This is why I finally decided to put this thread together, after months of not thinking it was worth it lol

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 5:30 AM, Inter6135 said:

Lol For Sure.

h hey guys im work at r star a

and uh um

I got gameplay leak and it lo

IqUNk5z.png

oh cru crumbs hol on my

my arms are shakeing h haa

FEi0iaX.png

ohg sh*t i think f*ck sa sam is coming oh god nono onon

gwZr6Zc.png

On 7/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, RedDagger said:

h hey guys im work at r star a

and uh um

I got gameplay leak and it lo

IqUNk5z.png

oh cru crumbs hol on my

my arms are shakeing h haa

FEi0iaX.png

ohg sh*t i think f*ck sa sam is coming oh god nono onon

Idk why but the first picture reminds me of RuneScape.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, Yannerrins said:

The only question that puzzle me - why Gonnaenodaethat approve fake leak?

I think he was being sarcastic. It took me awhile to understand that since I don't know much about scottish comedy.

Edited by OOI
  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1