4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

On 7/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, Len Lfc said:

Anyway, time to calm down a bit, I think. Chill out and go and catch some Bugsnax!

[UPDATE] Got the Platinum Trophy in Bugsnax!

Since everyone is now on the "it's fake" side first of all congratulations on finally letting go of this fake, what a relief, secondly get some sleep and eat well, you are going to need it for the next "looks too good to be fake" "omg the lines match looks real" "lemme grab some real maps and put it aside the new VI fake map" "100% fake but it's so interesting look at it omg lets keep discussing it" "its so fun being laughed at by the faker so lets keep giving him more attention" "it looks fake, it smells fake, it feels fake but sh*t just give me anything fake to analyze no matter how sh*tty it looks" "oh it's fake? ok lemme act like i didn't see that....ok uhmmm yes the map is real" and the cycle goes on.

• Best Bru 2

Thomas Cavendish
On 7/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, CynicalMexican said:

The small Mainland

it is actually a relief. 
the Ocean Drive part looks smaller than the Tommy Vercetti's.

CynicalMexican
On 7/21/2021 at 7:45 AM, Thomas Cavendish said:

it is actually a relief. 
the Ocean Drive part looks smaller than the Tommy Vercetti's.

Same. At least the 1985 map is scaled better with Miami's real shape. This just felt like a larger version of the OG VC map.

Volatollotalov
On 7/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, fmferreira said:

If both leaks are from the same person, it's indeed a great outcome to all of this lol.

However, this guy could be only wanting attention and isn't even the owner of neither of those fake leaks. Making fakes of fake leaks.

That's what I would call "leakception"

Maybe he wants us to think that he's faking ownership of the leaks, in an attempt to trick us into thinking that he didn't make them after all.

In the squalid and shallow world of faking there are only two things worse than a faker; a fake-faker and, worst of all, a fake fake-faker.

Edited by Volatollotalov

Thomas Cavendish
On 7/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, _MK_ said:

the cycle goes on

To me, I will analyze every leak that pops up here. That's why I'm here for. 

• Like 1

ADropInTheOcean

Honestly, I feel like we wouldn't have to bear through these vague-ass leaks every month where you literally have no way of inferring whether or not they are legitimate if Rockstar just said *anything* at all about GTA VI.

Or the 3D trilogy remastered.

Or even Expanded & Enhanced.

... Holy f*cking sh*t Rockstar just do something with the GTA franchise besides GTA:O updates PLEASE

zr9qPsz.png

This sucks, why does all the fun stuff happens while I am sleeping at night...

• KEKW 2

CynicalMexican
On 7/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Honestly, I feel like we wouldn't have to bear through these vague-ass leaks every month where you literally have no way of inferring whether or not they are legitimate if Rockstar just said *anything* at all about GTA VI.

Or the 3D trilogy remastered.

Or even Expanded & Enhanced.

... Holy f*cking sh*t Rockstar just do something with the GTA franchise besides GTA:O updates PLEASE

zr9qPsz.png

I just want to know what E&E looks like. FFS lol, just do something new.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, CynicalMexican said:

For anyone out there who wears glasses, like me. Take them off, look at GTA V. Then put them back on and look at it again. It'll look like that!

😜🤓

ADropInTheOcean
On 7/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, bakerach said:

Now we can get back to discussing the actual map leak, the 1985 map.  Carry on, everyone.

lmao, if this map looked dubious in some regards then the 1985 map is like a fart on a canvas.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, CynicalMexican said:

Same thing here, I'm dying out of curiosity to know what is so special about E&E that Rockstar hasn't shown a single bit of footage from it for over a year since it was announced. Certainly, there must be some pretty unique features to it that are going to blow our minds in the same way that first person for PS4 and Xbox One did, right?

... I hope?

Edited by ADropInTheOcean

nicktestbranch
On 7/21/2021 at 12:29 PM, bakerach said:

Now we can get back to discussing the actual map leak, the 1985 map.  Carry on, everyone.

That's honestly a fun one to discuss, despite how hard I ripped on it last week. It's been forever since there's been an "update" on it.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, nicktestbranch said:

That's honestly a fun one to discuss, despite how hard I ripped on it last week. It's been forever since there's been an "update" on it.

At least it looks bigger than this fake one, well in theory

Edited by BAGS00
  • Like 2

CynicalMexican
On 7/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, nicktestbranch said:

Say what you want about it but at least Mainland Vice is properly scaled and IMO would be fun to cruise in that map.

• Like 3

Thomas Cavendish
On 7/21/2021 at 12:26 PM, MrBreak16 said:

the guy dropped the bomb while the sun was over the Pacific

On 7/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Certainly, there must be some pretty unique features to it that are going to blow our minds

:kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

• KEKW 2

On 7/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, Thomas Cavendish said:

the guy dropped the bomb while the sun was over the Pacific

CO4XnrQ.jpg

• KEKW 2

dantedenirodeniro
On 7/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Certainly, there must be some pretty unique features to it that are going to blow our minds in the same way that first person for PS4 and Xbox One did, right?

That's for sure, Rockstar would never make us wait an entire year just for a regular port of the game for the new gen. Maybe not a feature like the first person mode, but i'm really hoping to see an updated RAGE, better physics, car damage, better A.I, etc. I think we can safely believe that. Otherwise, that would prove that Rockstar really went downhill by the years.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Yeah, that is fair enough. If someone has the original user name then please DM me, I'm keeping track of multiple GTA VI leaks in the hopes of perhaps documenting them in the future and this is definitely something worth recording.

After the plane screenshot leak, I don't trust no one with a plane as an avatar.  blini.png (Sorry @Len Lfc ) :kekw:

jk

On 7/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, bakerach said:

That one is dubious too (because of the transparent roads, main city seems too condensed, etc...) but I do like the overall appearance. I think it hasn't been debunked yet, but unless someone releases a higher res image so we can see the roads, streets, etc, I'm counting it off for now. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by OOI

Kerminator369
On 7/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, nicktestbranch said:

idk, it was the points others hammered on about that basically screamed "obvious fake" when we discussed it last week. The lack of interchanges, the UI design, and the fog (spray can tool) basically debunked it for me, though I had just a little bit of belief left behind in case there was a convoluted reason by the leaker why we did not see the entire map. Even with the "it lines up" posts, they couldn't justify the biggest reasons the map had its flaws. But if I said I wasn't fooled for a single second, I'd be lying. I definitely was on the fence when I first saw it, and saw a total possibility until excellent points by fellow fans put a final ruling in my head. I get fooled, and I will get fooled again, it happens. It was fun though. I believe with the keen eyes many of our members have, we'll still be good at detecting a potentially real leak against a fake one.

On second inspection, yeah the art and the spray can tool is pretty blatantly amateurish 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, MrBreak16 said:

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°) 

sucks don’t it? 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, Thomas Cavendish said:

This is the type who shot people at school

:kekw:

Well done fake leaker you did a nice map:

( T_T)\(^-^ ) 

Now it's time to forget about you and move on: 

(・–・) \(・◡・)/

• KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:41 AM, Jason said:

Listen if you think that map was somehow a well done fake leak, then you're either young or very inexperienced when it comes to these things.

It was practically an 2 minute MS paint job compared to the Rayman Smash Bros fake a few years back. Which is also a really good example for pooing on the "b-b-but no one would spend so much time creating fake leaks!" argument.

The thing about the map to me was "why is it a thing" rather than whether it's legit or not, I do not expect a functional UI map right now, the game is still a good bit away so the existence of a functional UI map AND with the Fog of War is such an odd thing , at least to me.

What reinforced this was the comment that noted how the Fog Of War looks incorrect and doesn't reveal the routes as it should.

• Like 3

nicktestbranch
On 7/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, The_Ghost said:

What reinforced this was the comment that noted how the Fog Of War looks incorrect and doesn't reveal the routes as it should.

That comparison was what "sealed it" in my head for me. I can't believe I was that blind to overlook that lol

On 7/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, nicktestbranch said:

That comparison was what "sealed it" in my head for me. I can't believe I was that blind to overlook that lol

I had people try to argue the whole fog thing with me by saying "Its uneven because they drove on the other side of the road" Like lmao, you'd have to drive way off the road for that to make any sense.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, The_Ghost said:

The thing about the map to me was "why is it a thing" rather than whether it's legit or not, I do not expect a functional UI map right now, the game is still a good bit away so the existence of a functional UI map AND with the Fog of War is such an odd thing , at least to me.

You know, it's kinda funny seeing relatively high effort fake in-game maps for a game that is reportedly still a few years away when they could just make a much rougher looking map that looked a bit amateurish similar to say, oh I don't know... The leaked and very real RDR2 map?

:lol:

• Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, Jason said:

You know, it's kinda funny seeing relatively high effort fake in-game maps for a game that is reportedly still a few years away when they could just make a much rougher looking map that looked a bit amateurish similar to say, oh I don't know... The leaked and very real RDR2 map?

That's what I said before, it would be funny if an actual legit leak has surfaced but it had nowhere near the amount of details and effort that went into this one lol.

• Like 2

ArthurZussman
On 7/21/2021 at 5:30 PM, Jason said:

I always ask myself this, why these fake leakers dont take inspiration from the RDR2 leaked map? We can only wonder...

On 7/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, The_Ghost said:

That's what I said before, it would be funny if an actual legit leak has surfaced but it had nowhere near the amount of details and effort that went into this one lol.

There was a reddit post before RDR2 (I think) was announced that named Arthur as the protagonist, said it revolved around a gang, and featured a prologue like RDR1, among other details such as the Houser's not being happy with the game at the time which was backed up after launch in an article Jason Schreier did on the crunch. No one really took any notice of it, and was rather hard to find the actual comment by launch, I think only screenshots existed of it and even those were hard to find. It wasn't often discussed either.

The map leak was far more hotly debated, select members of the gaming press said they had verification that it was real but that didn't stop people (including my self!) doubting it's legitimacy, but it was discussed for a long time until it was proven legit.

So yea, there could very well be a legit GTA VI leak out there, could be Tom Henderson's, one of the million reddit posts or maybe even someone here*, we'll just never know until there's proof.

*unless it was said by the scot who knows nothing

On 7/21/2021 at 9:48 PM, ArthurZussman said:

I always ask myself this, why these fake leakers dont take inspiration from the RDR2 leaked map? We can only wonder...

I'm honestly expecting one soon now that I've brought light to it tbh.