4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

On 7/21/2021 at 7:44 AM, RedDagger said:

To springboard into something more productive: this shows that there's a large hunger for fan-made GTA VI concepts, use this opportunity as some inspiration to make your own map, write your own preview or make other fan content!

But if you're a faker please don't steal anything from here! :kekw:

• KEKW 3

On 7/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, MonoChrome213 said:

the map was pretty good nonetheless. some of you act on him like he killed your dog or something lol, just relax and let it go

Well I feel like he’s done worse than that! I am f*ckn fuming about this! My whole world was in that map, it was my everything!

Now… I just don’t see the point in anything. I wonder if he ever thought he could ruin someone’s entire life with a simple fake leak. I’m done!

Seriously though did you check out his post history on Reddit? He seemed like such a nice guy when he made those threads about his own fake map analysing it etc like a regular fan would and he even acted sceptical about it saying it could easily be a fake but it was fun to speculate about etc lol it’s so weird. Then when he came out as the leaker he did a compete 180 and started acting like a child. So weird. 

• Like 2
  • Blini Judging 1

Itscoming2020
On 7/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, TheBossMan5000 said:

Just gonna say, Tim's a pretty damn good 2d and 3d artist, Rockstar would probably benefit from hiring him.

maybe but if the person is trash the skills are nothing worth....

On 7/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Zello said:

I gotta give it to the guy though the amount of effort he put in it'll be a tough act to follow for other fake leakers. I said it before a while ago jokingly that we deserved a better class of fake leakers and he delivered. We can't accept anymore low quality sh*t.

But seriously though dude get some help.

A funny thing would be if a legit and real leak came out but it was way more basic and more simple than all what this person did with their attempt lol

Edited by The_Ghost

nicktestbranch

hey guys bad news

i think that quincy world map might not be real

On 7/21/2021 at 7:44 AM, RedDagger said:

To springboard into something more productive: this shows that there's a large hunger for fan-made GTA VI concepts, use this opportunity as some inspiration to make your own map, write your own preview or make other fan content!

I posted my attempt at making a logo in there, I am definitely going to look into making a map, although it's a bit of a tough one lol

nicktestbranch

to sum up my thoughts on the faker confessing to their craft, good work. not great, not bad, and they got quite a few people. it narrows us back to some other leaks that are likely fake as well, and my life moves on.

I see the recent map leak has come out as fake. Cant say I'm surprised tbh. Scaling for a start was completely off for a 2023-25 release (it was pretty off even for a 2021 release). I mean compare it to Cyberpunks city, which absolutely dwarfs Los Santos, let alone the much smaller Vice City in that map. 
This also means we have confirmation that those "debug" screenshots were all fake, not that anyone believed them.
Also, why are people getting so angry over this being faked, especially from people who were apparently sure that it was fake. If you were so sure this map was fake, it should not have come as any surprise at all, let alone one to make you this worked up over it lol. 

I just hope we will stop seeing people saying "This leak is too well done to be fake" etc, but I know we wont

• Like 1

Rockstarter

reminds me of the filipe borgess guy doing the bully 2 leaks a couple years back, had people biting then came out, I'm pretty sure he's here on these forums .

Actually seems like a good guy was just f*cking around having some fun. 

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

BabaFamilias

For those who got trolled by a 14 year old lonely kid:

Kerminator369

This is actually scary. That Fred fun world map looked really legit I was actually starting to believe the map. Now we’ll never be able to differentiate a real leak from a fake one made from a Great Value joker living with mommy 

nicktestbranch
On 7/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, RighteousMind369 said:

This is actually scary. That Fred fun world map looked really legit I was actually starting to believe the map. Now we’ll never be able to differentiate a real leak from a fake one made from a Great Value joker living with mommy 

idk, it was the points others hammered on about that basically screamed "obvious fake" when we discussed it last week. The lack of interchanges, the UI design, and the fog (spray can tool) basically debunked it for me, though I had just a little bit of belief left behind in case there was a convoluted reason by the leaker why we did not see the entire map. Even with the "it lines up" posts, they couldn't justify the biggest reasons the map had its flaws. But if I said I wasn't fooled for a single second, I'd be lying. I definitely was on the fence when I first saw it, and saw a total possibility until excellent points by fellow fans put a final ruling in my head. I get fooled, and I will get fooled again, it happens. It was fun though. I believe with the keen eyes many of our members have, we'll still be good at detecting a potentially real leak against a fake one.

ADropInTheOcean
On 7/21/2021 at 4:37 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Here's the throwback to when this sadistic weirdo was exposed for the first time:

Damn, and to think that I, the deboonker who exposed that attempt, walked right into his trap and actually found Quincy's World to be genuinely plausible for short while. Credit when due, the effort here was impressive regardless, this is definitely going into the history of fake GTA leaks for years to come.

ADropInTheOcean
On 7/20/2021 at 3:15 AM, ADropInTheOcean said:

If Quincy World is fake then this would make it the second very high-effort leak (the first one being the pause menu map) that can be correlated to a statement made in this 4chan thread. If all this information is false then we might be either looking at one person posting all of this or, maybe, multiple different users directly coordinating with each other to create what could as well be the most impressive chain of fake leaks we have ever seen for a GTA game.

Although hey, I did at least call it though!

... Well, kind of!

afOB4tg.jpg

Edited by ADropInTheOcean

Imagine real game map is 3x smaller than the most ridiculous fake that was posted and the release in 2024.

• KEKW 1
  • Blini Judging 1

The leaked map was meh anyway. I've seen better fan-made maps like I've said before.

But yea when it comes to exclusively leaks, this has to be the one with most effort.

I'm sure we'll get a bigger map than that, GTA V was made for PS3/360 era while GTA VI is being made for PS5/Series X era, surely it should be larger than that, not as large as 4 times or anything that crazy but atleast considerably bigger than GTA V's, unlike the leaked map which was not that bigger compared to V's map and it was too similar to V's map shape.

• Like 1

ADropInTheOcean

Can anyone link the Reddit profile of the madman? I'd really dig to read through his post history and try and pin down what tactics he used to push for these leaks.

Edited by ADropInTheOcean

On 7/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

Can anyone link the Reddit profile of the madman? I'd really dig to read through his post history.

Honestly, I don't think it's wise to publicly link things or talk about it, giving them attention. Save it for DMs or something.

Just my opinion, though.

The dude says he did all the maps and the disney art and y'all just believe him just like that? btw there are other members that act pretty much the same way as this new clown does both here and on reddit when it comes to defending and hyping those fakes.

Funny how now everyone is jumping on the "it's fake" wagon while just some pages ago they were saying sToP sAYIng itS fAKe

Edited by _MK_

ADropInTheOcean
On 7/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, Len Lfc said:

Honestly, I don't think it's wise to publicly link things or talk about it, giving them attention. Save it for DMs or something.

Just my opinion, though.

Yeah, that is fair enough. If someone has the original user name then please DM me, I'm keeping track of multiple GTA VI leaks in the hopes of perhaps documenting them in the future and this is definitely something worth recording.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, ADropInTheOcean said:

I'm keeping track of multiple GTA VI leaks in the hopes of perhaps documenting them in the future and this is definitely something worth recording.

Pretty sure @Len Lfc Is doing something similar 👀

I kinda wanted to do the same, but maybe it's too late for that haha.

• YEE 1

ArthurZussman
On 7/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, _MK_ said:

The dude says he did all the maps and the disney art and y'all just believe him just like that? btw there are other members that act pretty much the same way as this new clown does both here and on reddit when it comes to defending and hyping those fakes.

Funny how now everyone is jumping on the "it's fake" wagon while just some pages ago they were saying sToP sAYIng itS fAKe

"Ooh, hypocrisy, Franklin. Civilization's greatest virtue."

i didnt fell for this fake map luckily

always stay sceptical

but R* should really break their silence soon, or the internet will go (even more) nuts before

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, Punkd said:

but R* should really break their silence soon, or the internet will go (even more) nuts before

Rockstar is really the only gaming company that can make the internet stop dead with a single announcement post, doesn't matter when.

The dude is lying(no sh*t) the map and the disney art as a talent don't match, the map is just a concept, he toke the concept and sprayed it showing how sh*tty of a talent he has when it comes to using Photoshop or whatever software he used, on the other hand the disney art is well made, there is no relation between the two.

He might have done the map and grabbed the disney art form somewhere in order to hype it all up. Upon looking very closely to some of the areas on that art it seems it's an actual paper that got scanned into a image(no not made to look like a paper just like on a billboard but an actual paper).

Or he didn't do any of it and he's just playing you(he's probably playing you either way).

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 3:29 AM, cp1dell said:

Jesus Christ that video was unbelievably cringey. Felt like something straight out of the 2000s.

So this is how /v/ looked like back in the days.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:58 AM, fireflightim said:

Yes, I am the sussy baka

You got skiiilllzzz boyyy!!!

Quality wise, Fred's Fun World poster was the best (looked like something Bethesda artists would do), the island map not so much (No interchanges).

Give us an insight on your modus operandi.

How long did it take?

Do you see yourself making this regularly (for work) or is it just a hobby?

fmferreira

If both leaks are from the same person, it's indeed a great outcome to all of this lol.

However, this guy could be only wanting attention and isn't even the owner of neither of those fake leaks. Making fakes of fake leaks.

That's what I would call "leakception"

CynicalMexican

So the map is fake, not shocked.

I was always relatively skeptical with so many oddities. The small Mainland, the weird road design around Vice too similar to GTA VC, everything being a bit too close to each other, Orlando having an awkward appearance, etc.

The FunWorld concept definitely had me believing a bit more, it was a REALLY good fake.

Anyway I see this thread lost its sh*t again.