1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

fireflightim
On 7/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, bakerach said:

I still think the 1985 leak is probably legit and that these details are there, they're just not distinguishable due to the low res image

The 4chan leak that the new map lines up with claims that they thought the 1985 map was made by someone working off of a description of the real map so I think youre onto something there. 

On 7/11/2021 at 12:10 AM, fireflightim said:

The 4chan leak that the new map lines up with claims that they thought the 1985 map was made by someone working off of a description of the real map so I think youre onto something there. 

For me, the 1985 map is just too well made to be anything other than a legitimate leak.  I might be wrong and someone who's very good at mapmaking just has way too much time on their hands, but if I had to call one of these fake based on what we've seen, it would be this new video leak.  Either way, a lot of time and effort was put into both of them, but the map from the new leak would be much easier to mock up than the satellite-style image.

fireflightim
On 7/10/2021 at 11:32 PM, bakerach said:

the map from the new leak would be much easier to mock up than the satellite-style image.

anyone who is remotely proficient at photoshop will be able to tell you the old leak is clearly just a bash of google earth images

On 7/11/2021 at 12:41 AM, fireflightim said:

anyone who is remotely proficient at photoshop will be able to tell you the old leak is clearly just a bash of google earth images

As someone who is very proficient at Photoshop, I keep hearing people say this but I disagree.  If it's "clearly" a bunch of Google earth shots edited together, then surely you could point out some stitch points or poor blending that make it so obvious, right?  Because everyone else who's made that same point just keeps repeating it without being able to back up the assertion.

Edit: just like I thought, more empty claims of "obvious Photoshop"

Edited by bakerach
  • Like 2

If you look closer at the icons, some are obvious, e.g. a t-shirt is the clothes store, a camera is the movie theater, but these are instantly recognisable from V.

There's some others that are questionable ->

Gym -> muscley arm = armwrestling in V

Bowling alley -> exists in the beta icons list

Country club -> looks like champagne class? = bar in V

Drug store -> a pill with white on the bottom, which matches the beta icons list (it is black at the bottom in V)

Drug deal -> looks like an inverted version of the police station icon in V (3 pointed shield with star in the middle)

V blips

V beta blips

Of course everything claimed to be a leak can only be 50/50, but instinctively I don't trust it enough at the moment, even though the cleaned up version looks neat and I do like the location names. Sure it could be an early version, like the RDR2 map, and I would happily eat my words if it turns out to be true, but in my own future-self defence how could I have known.

Is this map truly innovative enough to be real?

fib_ufo_small.png

Acetaminophen
On 7/11/2021 at 1:28 AM, Kirsty said:

If you look closer at the icons, some are obvious, e.g. a t-shirt is the clothes store, a camera is the movie theater, but these are instantly recognisable from V.

Drug store -> a pill with white on the bottom, which matches the beta icons list (it is black at the bottom in V)

Drug deal -> looks like an inverted version of the police station icon in V (3 pointed shield with star in the middle)

V blips

V beta blips

Of course everything claimed to be a leak can only be 50/50, but instinctively I don't trust it enough at the moment, even though the cleaned up version looks neat and I do like the location names. Sure it could be an early version, like the RDR2 map, and I would happily eat my words if it turns out to be true, but in my own future-self defence how could I have known.

Is this map truly innovative enough to be real?

Those remind me of the "leaked" Icons for gta 6 from like 3 years ago on 4Chan :kekw:

e8oZY9Y.jpg

• KEKW 4

CynicalMexican
On 7/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, bakerach said:

I'm feeling conflicted on this leak, as there are some interesting details visible but also some red flags.  The overall design and UI don't have a "Rockstar feel" to me.  All R* games have a fairly consistent look and feel in their menus, which I don't get from the new video/map.

At the same time, there are some details visible that I'd expect from a new Vice City map.  Canals in the city, an amusement park, the Space Coast, etc.  That said, I still think the 1985 leak is probably legit and that these details are there, they're just not distinguishable due to the low res image.  Either way, it's always fun to have something new to speculate about.

I'm leaning slightly towards fake.

One thing that gets me is the seeming lack of density in urban areas depicted. The road layouts seem weird and it makes it seem that the urban areas are rather sparse with few roads. This was a pretty big flaw with the original Vice City map (specifically the Mainland) and that kinda makes me fear they're repeating the same mistake.

But the other thing that seems odd is the other urban areas. The one named "Rosalind" appears to be based on Orlando with a Disney World parody, but it appears to be small (like the size of Palomino Creek) with a lack of an interstate highway directly connecting to it. That just seems... weird. I'm not shocked that the cities outside VC are rather small, it's just that one in particular seems a bit too small. I'd imagine an Orlando parody might be somewhat larger than that.

• Like 2

The thing I want to point out: there is NO Rosalind city on the leaked map. This is an idea created by the mapper. He took a lot of liberties and the map is far from a 1 on 1 rendition. 

As far as we know, there is Quincy World and the Mosquito Lakes (Holiday resorts as it seems). 

But the city (including airport) Rosalind is NOT FEATURED on the leaked map and 100% imagination of the original mapper.

• Like 2

Is Quincy World supposed to be Disney? Because that's Fred's in the GTA universe... If there's a Disney World in a Florida VI, it's 99.9% gonna be Fred's World or some sh*t.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Is Quincy World supposed to be Disney? Because that's Fred's in the GTA universe... If there's a Disney World in a Florida VI, it's 99.9% gonna be Fred's World or some sh*t.

He is called Fred Quincy, so Quincy world makes sense

• Like 1

The branding in-game is Fred's regardless though, such as the logo. Still, it's not impossible for this guy to know GTA lore if they're a fan and stick it into a map - I'm starting to think the author of this map is the same guy who advertised that other "well-made" fake map for over a year and we found out he was a previously banned GTAF member seemingly with graphic design experience trying to gather attention on Reddit, having then re-registered accounts here to advertise the map forcibly.

This is the analysis topic and it's a good walk down memory lane to similar things people did with V maps, but it's a "I don't believe this" from me personally, this one. :p 

• Like 3

i mean it could be placeholder icons/menu ui. Didn't they used the gta4 radar in gta5 development?

90CrJz6.jpg

• Like 1

The GTA V in-dev menus were shown out of a portfolio and it was basically similar to the final thing. At that stage in the picture, the game probably didn't even have a pause menu, nor the map was completed tbh. Early production versions of GTA V just booted into a generic loading screen showing bug stats and to-do's and it probably didn't have any other menus yet, so it makes sense they'd be reusing IV stuff for HUD temporarily. But the pause menu likely wouldn't be reused IMO.

Edit: Also, why the dark room and shaky cam? Rockstar is still WFH by corporate choice, and I also don't think a dev map would have Fog of War enabled.

I just saw this on Reddit...
Spider has a valid point, why is everything so shaky and messed up? LMAO...

Did they go on to wank to the game and decide it was a good enough idea to stick a Go-Pro to their teeny weewee, flopping around and all that stuff, just to record some "leaked footage"?

If you recall, the RDR2 map leak appeared to be very sharp and well defined... As a result, there may only be two options from now on:

Either it will look like this again, or we will not see the map at all.

Edited by BlackScout
t'was reddit, I'm awake now

On 7/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, CynicalMexican said:

Yeah I like the 1985 map much better, Vice City seemed more scaled realistically to Miami's size.

In this map the Vice Beach area has so much attention while Mainland Vice seems less so, kinda like with V's Los Santos where all the famous areas got so much attention while lesser areas were lesser shown or just omitted completely for an ocean floor, a giant desert airstrip, and big mountains that were difficult to traverse.

The new map (I'll call it the alien/warlock* map because that's what it reminds me of) overall doesn't feel like it's was designed and planned by someone with an Architecture or Urban Planning background. It feels like it was mostly drawn by your typical level/map designer.

Besides lacking interchanges and apparently having highways that don't loop or go straight into small areas, Vice city feels so small and that downtown area is just ugh! It's like they were desingning the city and someone remembered that there should be a downtown area and said "Oh! Just tuck it down below, near the river, it should be good enough."

If this was real/official I would ask if they had fired their architects/urban planning team.
Unless, like I said before, they really wanted to go for something different more diverse/dynamic and with less empty spaces and more steered towards gameplay over realistic looks, setting it apart from the GTA 5 map with its 2/3 of countryside.

* What it reminds me:

sol3dsstmrfd.jpg

1896309.jpg

On 7/11/2021 at 11:33 AM, Spider-Vice said:

The branding in-game is Fred's regardless though, such as the logo. Still, it's not impossible for this guy to know GTA lore if they're a fan and stick it into a map - I'm starting to think the author of this map is the same guy who advertised that other "well-made" fake map for over a year and we found out he was a previously banned GTAF member seemingly with graphic design experience trying to gather attention on Reddit, having then re-registered accounts here to advertise the map forcibly.

This is the analysis topic and it's a good walk down memory lane to similar things people did with V maps, but it's a "I don't believe this" from me personally, this one. :p 

Now that I've lost some time looking into the leaked maps, I 'm starting to agree with you, that the maps are fake.

Do you know what's R*'s MO when designing a map? I have only found this article. Cheers.

Edited by OOI

I don't believe this map is real. But I'm starting to suspect it may actually be real.

I'm trying to look at it analytically and without bias. It's just difficult, considering just how many fake things get posted, trying to pass themselves off as leaks.

I've seen a lot of comments that it looks small, or that downtown looks small. I look at that and say, what about downtown in GTA V's Los Santos? That was small, too. So for me, it looks about right. Miami is smaller than Los Angeles, after all.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:28 AM, Kirsty said:

Yeah, this is what makes it highly suspicious. But what if (Pure speculation time) they are attempting to have a unified UI experience with GTA V, or perhaps more accurately GTA Online? Instead of having different icons for the same types of locations, perhaps it would make sense if they were all the same?

However, that theory somewhat falls short when the gym uses the same icon as the arm-wrestling in GTA O.

Seems quite likely it's a very good fabrication using actual icons and maybe a few new ones? Or it's all real and literally just place holders... lol

I've seen a lot of obviously fake leaks happen. They get laughed at and ridiculed. And sometimes they actually turn out to be real; Halo 4 Barn Leak, Apex Legends Map Leak, for example.

I guess all I'm thinking is; I'm not willing to say it's 100% fake, at this time. Experience tells me it most likely is, but there's always a chance the most unbelievable looking or sounding thing can turn out true in the end.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, Acetaminophen said:

Those remind me of the "leaked" Icons for gta 6 from like 3 years ago on 4Chan :kekw:

e8oZY9Y.jpg

Column 8, row 5. Is that a dildo? blini.png

On 7/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, Spider-Vice said:

I also don't think a dev map would have Fog of War enabled.

The fog of war is actually one of the things that looks sus from the beginning. It doesn't dissipate evenly in some areas (e.g. if you were following the road) or the uncovered gap between foggy areas is just too small - especially in the north part, between Whitewater and Quincy World.

Edited by OOI

i guess this is still a 50/50 thing

at what point did we know that the leaked rdr2 map was real indeed? or what gave us THE hint/proove that it was real indeed?

On 7/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, Spider-Vice said:

The GTA V in-dev menus were shown out of a portfolio and it was basically similar to the final thing. At that stage in the picture, the game probably didn't even have a pause menu, nor the map was completed tbh. Early production versions of GTA V just booted into a generic loading screen showing bug stats and to-do's and it probably didn't have any other menus yet, so it makes sense they'd be reusing IV stuff for HUD temporarily. But the pause menu likely wouldn't be reused IMO.

Edit: Also, why the dark room and shaky cam? Rockstar is still WFH by corporate choice, and I also don't think a dev map would have Fog of War enabled.

The only way I'd believed this map was if the game was coming in a few months, I said this in the other thread, the pause menu just doesn't make any sense to me if the game is still a good while away, if it's a game dev he also wouldn't have the Fog Of War, if he was a tester he wouldn't be in a dark room and probably have no phones/cameras, if the game has a pause menu and fog of war already then it should be almost done.

Like I mentioned, it's a pretty good fake to be fair, but the existence of it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 2:58 PM, Punkd said:

at what point did we know that the leaked rdr2 map was real indeed? or what gave us THE hint/proove that it was real indeed?

After "Cornwall" was spotted on a train in one of the trailers. Even then, some of the location names matched with street names in Blackwater. And The Wreck of the Serendipity mentioned "Tallulah Jetty" which was also on the leaked map.

• Like 3

So i have some thoughts regarding the map being 'small', since we assume that the 'high detail' means it will actually showcase buildings, what if this part of the map also have buildings?

Ryk2dUW.png

On 7/11/2021 at 2:58 PM, Punkd said:

The first time I saw the RDR2 map it seemed like a draft or a map analysis so it felt natural to me (legends, colours used, working with big chunks, wide water paths, establishing a main road path, grid use). Working from big to small, Less detail to more detail.

Edited by OOI

fireflightim
On 7/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, The_Ghost said:

if he was a tester he wouldn't be in a dark room

He isnt in a dark room though. The surroundings are masked out and if you check the unstabilized one then you can see the wall peeking out a couple of times- https://streamable.com/sbqkaw

Updated the locations and linked to their real life counterparts:

On 7/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, Len Lfc said:

Shops & Services

• Armory - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL
  • Auto Customs - Deep Canal, Bluefish Point, FL
  • Barber Shop - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL
  • Car Wash
  • Clothing
  • Dealership
  • Drug Store
  • Gym
  • marine Supplies
  • Mechanic
  • Motorsports
  • Plastic Surgeon
  • Restaurant
  • Salon & Spa
  • Smoke Shop
  • Sports & Outdoors - Seawaft, Tortona Beach, FL - Shriveled Shrub, Croc's Head, FL - Muddy Circle, Mayes Haven, FL
  • Tattoo Parlor - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL

Pastimes & Activities

• Attraction - Quincy World, Rosalind, FL
  • Basketball - Pthalo Park, Whitewater, FL
  • Bowling Alley - Kraff Way, Whitewater, FL
  • Country Club
  • Drug Deal - Flamingo Junction, Polo Island, FL - Peeking Peach Street, Croc's head, FL - Vice Gardens, Vice City, FL - Downtown, Vice City, FL - Ocean Beach, Vice City, FL - New Town, Big Key Head, FL
  • Fishing Tournament
  • Golf Course
  • Movie Theater
  • Parachuting
  • Sea Race
  • Stock Car Race
  • Street Race
  • Strip Club

Locations

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 4

Itscoming2020
On 7/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, Len Lfc said:

Updated the locations and linked to their real life counterparts:

epsilon outpost is based on the HQ from Scientology. Its in Clearwater (Whitewater on the map)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology_Flag_Service_Organization

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2019/investigations/scientology-clearwater-real-estate/

Edited by Itscoming2020
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, Itscoming2020 said:

Yeah, I already listed that as whatever was on Kraff Way. It's probably what Epsilon Outpost is, and I intended to link them together but I typed them in order of appearance. I should probably re-organise that.

• Like 1

nicktestbranch
On 7/11/2021 at 1:34 AM, Acetaminophen said:

I'm not actually quoting you but typing on mobile is being a Rude Nick to me right now and won't let me delete the quote box, so I'm replying with nothing relevant

I didn't expect a ton of discussion over the Quincy/Fred World location, but it is something I wondered about when I saw it come up. I completely forgot about the subtle lore added to this map, and I'm still in belief it's a dedicated fan. Honestly of all the leaks we've discussed, this one's becoming my favorite. To discuss I mean, I'm not 100% with my disbelief in its validity anymore but I guess 97% is where I'm at. 

If this ends up the real map, then I somewhat wonder if this is an early version due to no interchanges and hardly any streets in cities. Those with knowledge of how map design works in game studios though may tell me I'm incorrect and that's not how it works, I'm admittedly ignorant. 

I'm more curious about what other locations exist apart from the state of Florida, ala North Yankton or Guarma, as I could almost see Rockstar having multiple locations to make up for the size of the map. It's not as big as we would expect, but I don't think the size is that bad if it's well-detailed and players get to explore beyond the island. Plus I imagine parts of Project Americas haven't been completely scrapped. For a story that presumably takes place in Vice City, there's bound to be interaction south of it in countries where crime is high. It's a vital location for trafficking.

I think this week I'll write up more thoughts between all the leaks, as well as what speculation has a higher chance of being correct. I try not to rely hard on sources like Schreier and Henderson, but their comments are worth thinking about.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:55 PM, nicktestbranch said:

I'm more curious about what other locations exist apart from the state of Florida

Let's say this map is real, for the sake of discussion. I find it interesting that each location is marked "FL". None of the locations in GTA V mentioned the state or county. Perhaps this is just a new added detail, or maybe it is indicative of Florida being only one location and there are more. South America? Cuba? Los Santos?

GTA3Rockstar

Daytona speedway?

l599vze.png

• Like 3

ppNaW16.png