4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

On 7/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, Volatollotalov said:

If it's real, this would imply that the game is in a much more advanced state of development than Henderson would have people believe.

At least, not in need of another four years or so of development.

I don't think this map means anything in that regard, personally. I still think it's more than likely fake. I just have a suspicion about it. If it were fake, I feel like they'd make it bigger, for starters?

Anyway, it could still be early to mid in development and they've just got everything in place on the map. That is done first afterall.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, ivarblaauw said:

we see a lot returning from GTA V but also from GTA IV

"Hey cousin. Let's go bowling!"

Honestly, I hope it's real just for that alone.

But then, maybe that's a clue to it being fake. Would Rockstar bring bowling back?

• Like 2

Here I have created a more accurate rendition of Vice City in this game, the other creator missed a whole lot of roads in Vice City (as you can see).
I also added some 'house overlay colors', to show that Vice City ain't that small at all!

I don't know how to do all that stuff, but I can see a few other details missing or mistaken. For example there's no roundabout on Vice Beach. And Dodge Island connects to both islands.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:21 PM, Len Lfc said:

I don't think this map means anything in that regard, personally. I still think it's more than likely fake. I just have a suspicion about it. If it were fake, I feel like they'd make it bigger, for starters?

Anyway, it could still be early to mid in development and they've just got everything in place on the map. That is done first afterall.

"Hey cousin. Let's go bowling!"

Honestly, I hope it's real just for that alone.

But then, maybe that's a clue to it being fake. Would Rockstar bring bowling back?

I honestly hope they will. Perhaps they will even add bowling in the E&E of GTA V... 

I do think that if it was fake it would definitely be bigger. It is roughly 2x the size of GTA V, but it definitely has a lot more water, so in terms of landmass it is about 1.7x or something like that? 

Not that much bigger at all. Keep in mind that Henderson said that they would focus on map additions over time, so in that case they wouldn't need to focus on a 'huge' map in the first place. 

I honestly think that diving would be awesome, especially to check out the underwater world. (I have played a bit to much 'ManEater') 
I just want to fight a Megalodon who eats them surfers... hehehehe

On 7/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, Len Lfc said:

I don't know how to do all that stuff, but I can see a few other details missing or mistaken. For example there's no roundabout on Vice Beach. And Dodge Island connects to both islands.

Yeah I wasn't planning on redoing all of the vice city rendition. I don't have the time nor I don't want to do that... Just a quick show off that half of the roads were missing, so of course it felt 'empty'.

I think the 'roundabout' on Vice Beach is Sea world or something like that. 

I also wonder if sea race is confined to just boats, or that we can also use surfboards.

Damn surfing in GTA would be badass (and a must to be honest)

Vice City ain't that small at all!

Yeah, if you look at Downtown and compare that to Downtown Los Santos, you can see how it can be deceiving. Los Santos' map 'looked' smaller, because the city blocks were bigger, thus meaning less roads. Compared to Algonquin in Liberty City, which had much smaller blocks thus leading to more roads = it looked bigger. I think Vice City in this map is actually quite big. It just 'looks' small. Real or fake, that's the illusion I detect.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:34 PM, ivarblaauw said:

I also wonder if sea race is confined to just boats, or that we can also use surfboards.

Most likely just speedboats and jet ski's. Can you even race surf boards if you need to ride a wave? lol

• Like 3

Yeah racing with surfboards is difficult, but there were a load of racing surfgames on the PS1 and PS2, I sometimes miss those days!

I think that, if this is the real deal, the map is divided much better than GTA V. I see at least 4 smaller cities in this map:
Bluefish Point, this minor city would be roughly the size of Bohan, Charge Island and Colony Island together (Three islands from GTA IV)

Whitewater, this minor city would be roughly the size of Bohan

Key Big, a city about 3x the size of Paleto Bay area

Tortona Beach, a city about 3x the size of Paleto Bay area

In addition to that I see at least 7 towns the size of Paleto Bay (or Grapeseed depending if it consist out of more farmland than houses).

Some of these are named: Rosalind, Mayes Haven, Croc's Head, Polo Island and a bunch of others.

The only thing that still makes me doubt: where are the everglades and / or bayou?
Perhaps it ain't visible (just as with The Crew), or it wasn't discovered yet, but shouldn't there be more of those areas in the map?

fireflightim

Kinda shoddy but I went ahead and tried to add names on the map based on where the cursor lines up with the name in the corner.

I tried to post an extensive overview in the GTA 6 subreddit but theyre pretty bad about authorizing posts I think.wjoUq8x.jpg

On 7/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, ivarblaauw said:

The only thing that still makes me doubt: where are the everglades and / or bayou?

"The Swamplands" area may be partially obscured with the 'fog of war' and technically count as water, so may not be visible as land on the map. I don't know.

• Like 2

@fireflightim well done mate! I actually shows how indepth this map already is, which makes me believe it even more to be honest.

It looks like Rosalind isn't a town, but more a hamlet or holiday estate situated in everglade/bayou like territory? (Mosquito lakes)

I also looked better and the lake in the top right features more islands than initially thought. 

it also seems @Len Lfc, when I look at this map, that the Swamplands actually go up all the way to Polo Island? Or am I just imagining things?

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:29 AM, ivarblaauw said:

I think the 'roundabout' on Vice Beach is Sea world or something like that. 

Im pretty sure that its a clothing symbol not a roundabout 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:08 PM, ivarblaauw said:

it also seems @Len Lfc, when I look at this map, that the Swamplands actually go up all the way to Polo Island? Or am I just imagining things?

This is what I see: Green is where I imagine the swamplands are

SX82CzP.png

But why does it say FL(Florida)? GTA is a parody game and there is no "california" in GTA 5 either, it's san andreas. 

fireflightim
On 7/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, Len Lfc said:

Kennedy Space Center? Canaveral National Seashore, above it?

XI4XvrE.jpg

Also are those some drug deals in Quincy World? The 4chan leak this lines up with mentions drug deals in Quincy World.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, dyz said:

Im pretty sure that its a clothing symbol not a roundabout 

It is. The symbols change between Shops & Services and Pastimes & Activities, so the clothes symbol isn't there in one part, but there in another.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, Chrom said:

But why does it say FL(Florida)? GTA is a parody game and there is no "california" in GTA 5 either, it's san andreas. 

Florida does exist though. We don't know why. But Florida always existed.

"Dumb. Florida. Moron"

- Tommy Vercetti, for example.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 12:13 AM, fireflightim said:

Also are those some drug deals in Quincy World? The 4chan leak this lines up with mentions drug deals in Quincy World.

Wait, what 4chan leak?

On 7/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, Chrom said:

Vice City was always set in Florida, the same as New Bordeaux is set in Louisiana. 

On 7/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, Len Lfc said:

This is what I see: Green is where I imagine the swamplands are

SX82CzP.png

Agreed, thanks!

On 7/11/2021 at 12:15 AM, ivarblaauw said:

Vice City was always set in Florida, the same as New Bordeaux is set in Louisiana. 

yeah but rockstar doesn't name their maps/cities after real names, it's a parody name so florida wouldn't be called florida in gta6

fireflightim
On 7/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, ivarblaauw said:

Wait, what 4chan leak?

I made a post about it in the r/gamingleaksandrumours subreddit here - https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/ohr1fk/an_extensive_analysis_of_the_questionable_leaked/

There was a 4chan post a few weeks ago that mentioned a few locations on the map. They said like daytona beach, disney world, palm beach, the keys, and a town with epsilon presence.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, Chrom said:

yeah but rockstar doesn't name their maps/cities after real names, it's a parody name so florida wouldn't be called florida in gta6

Even Niko mentions Florida in GTA IV. I don't think Rockstar change Florida, for whatever reason. 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, fireflightim said:

and a town with epsilon presence.

Kraff Way and Epsilon Outpost are on the map.

Either they're all faked by the same person, or...

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 2

Volatollotalov
On 7/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Len Lfc said:

Maybe someone with familiarity with the sequence of game development could advise, but my understanding is that the map is done to this level of detail some way into the development cycle.

It at least means the script is finished, missions and their settings have been figured out and the whole thing is playable enough for whoever leaked this to have apparently moved around a good proportion - but not all - of the map in-game.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, Volatollotalov said:

Maybe someone with familiarity with the sequence of game development could advise, but my understanding is that the map is done to this level of detail some way into the development cycle.

It at least means the script is finished, missions and their settings have been figured out and the whole thing is playable enough for whoever leaked this to have apparently moved around a good proportion - but not all - of the map in-game.

Well the map is always the first thing they do. You only have to look at the leaked RDR2 map to see the differences to the final game. And even compare locations from Trailer 1 to final release. New Hannover is almost unrecognizable. 

Agreed. 

This is either someone who goes all the way faking this, or this is a legit leak. 

Weird thing is... this also lines up perfectly with Henderson's information. Due to this, I would say this is the real deal. 

On the one hand, this would make me happy, on the other hand however... this confirms that GTA Online will be the focus forward unfortunately.

A small side note:

I do think that, when looking at the map, it is made with map expansions in mind. Just as Henderson, VGC, IGN and a few others confirmed.

@Len Lfc

what interests me, is that we see a lot returning from GTA V but also from GTA IV and also Red Dead 2.

Fishing tournaments are of course 1 on 1 taken from Red Dead. Marine Supplies however... It seems that if this map is real, the sea might be more important than before. 

Snorkling, Diving and perhaps fighting some sharks with harpoonguns? I am all for it.

I wonder if we can just chose to start fishing/diving anywhere, or if these are location limited. 

I do miss Tennis, so I hope that this will make a return though!

Here I have created a more accurate rendition of Vice City in this game, the other creator missed a whole lot of roads in Vice City (as you can see).
I also added some 'house overlay colors', to show that Vice City ain't that small at all!

Uxg9U7w.jpg

Made some slight edits to the map, just to highlight where the roads are a little off and point out the clothes icons.

sglyOIu.jpg

On 7/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, Chrom said:

well cities were always 'fake' in gta but states weren't, with exception of san andreas being california, i think there were other usa places mentioned too, including cities. 

CynicalMexican

Ugh, if they have a Disney World parody in GTA. That would be dope. Would be controversial AF though.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, KonradGM said:

well cities were always 'fake' in gta but states weren't, with exception of san andreas being california, i think there were other usa places mentioned too, including cities. 

Yeah, it's named Florida in the Vice City games

why would they call it Quincy, is there some satire kind of meaning to it?

overall I feel like this might be a good fake, from how others have mentioned the roads and interchanges seem odd, and also didnt the leaker send the stable version of the vid like he wanted attention? (either way this is still fun to analyze :yee:)

fireflightim
On 7/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, Starbeth said:

why would they call it Quincy, is there some satire kind of meaning to it?

"Freds Pictures" is the Disney equivalent in GTA- https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Fred's_Pictures

Ran by Fred Quincy who is actually part of a murder mystery they added in the ps4/xbox one version of V- https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Fred_Quincy 

I don’t think this is real but I will say while at first I wasn’t too impressed due to the size the more we evaluate this the more impressive it is. It’s likely fake but I will say the creator of this fake did a good job. It lines up very well with Jason Schrier revealing the game will be moderately sized to avoid crunch. It looks like it manages to condense a lot of Florida locations into these small areas so there’s a reason to traverse the map but at the same time it can be expanded with more states in the future. Almost certainly is fake but at the same time there is the minuscule chance it MIGHT be real. Regardless I think at this point GTA 6, while likely still a great game, will NOT be the massive, multi-big-city map the majority of fake leaks portrayed. If that will allow Rockstar employees to enjoy better working conditions, I’m all for it. Plus, if this is real we get a parody of Disney World. The satire potential for Disney alone is HUGE. I mean, back in 2013 Disney, while still big, was not the giant it is today. I can imagine a hilarious combination of both Disney culture and urban legends in a Disney World parody.

• Like 4

I'm feeling conflicted on this leak, as there are some interesting details visible but also some red flags.  The overall design and UI don't have a "Rockstar feel" to me.  All R* games have a fairly consistent look and feel in their menus, which I don't get from the new video/map.

At the same time, there are some details visible that I'd expect from a new Vice City map.  Canals in the city, an amusement park, the Space Coast, etc.  That said, I still think the 1985 leak is probably legit and that these details are there, they're just not distinguishable due to the low res image.  Either way, it's always fun to have something new to speculate about.

• Like 2