Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread


nicktestbranch
 Share

Recommended Posts

CynicalMexican

One big red flag - the interstate system in this map seems so disjointed, especially if they're going to include many major areas of Florida.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So the same kidney map with a new look, how nice. Guess the kidney cabbage thing didn't work out so now he's pulling it using the same V menu map style.

Edited by _MK_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

nicktestbranch

I'm on the 100% fake train with this map now. Didn't think I'd hop on that soon, but damn. Good effort, not great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, GTA3Rockstar said:

 

 

 

Here's a takeaway : This good looking map took one day at most to make. With talent, making a good fake map is easier than some people think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nicktestbranch
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if that guy actually made the "leaked" map at this point, though that's coming from my lack of experience on making maps. It's beautiful, even if it feels a lot is missing.

Edited by nicktestbranch
cleaned up
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 9:32 PM, nicktestbranch said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that guy actually made the "leaked" map at this point, though that's coming from my lack of experience on making maps. It's beautiful, even if it feels a lot is missing.

Just an observation but the guy who remade the "leaked" map has an account age of 5 days. It's weird, could be nothing, though. They also seem to be defending the map for some odd reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, GTA3Rockstar said:

 

 

 

Aesthetically? Holy Holes!


Unless the intention was to make it seem more diverse/dynamic than gta 5's turtle map (round map) when viewed from the sky and driving around the edges of the map. Also would take away from the flatness of a Miami/Florida like terrain, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, OOI said:

Aesthetically? Holy Holes!


Unless the intention was to make it seem more diverse/dynamic than gta 5's turtle map (round map) when viewed from the sky and driving around the edges of the map. Also would take away from the flatness of a Miami/Florida like terrain, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

The south west portion, near "The Swamplands" is obscured by the 'fog of war'. Doesn't appear to be water. Same for the upper right hole. Imagine it like when you've driving round the GTA V map, but not yet been up Chiliad, yet. There's a 'hole' in the V map where Chiliad is, until you've been there.

Edited by Len Lfc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

who posted this map (video) originally online? is the original poster uploading/commenting etc sth else? or did he stay completely silent?

 

anyone remember how the rdr2 map leaked? where and who uploaded it to the internet and did he stay silent after the map upload?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, Punkd said:

anyone remember how the rdr2 map leaked? where and who uploaded it to the internet and did he stay silent after the map upload?

This is how the RDR2 map leaked: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-red-dead-map-leaked.1207284/

 

As for this one, I'm not sure. Someone just posted the video in the main topic. I didn't get on until about 4 hours after it was posted. by that point the video had already been removed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Is there a size comparison?

 

Edit:  here's an estimate:

33GuoJn.jpg

Edited by GRANDHEIST
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

nicktestbranch
On 7/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, Orthur said:

Just an observation but the guy who remade the "leaked" map has an account age of 5 days. It's weird, could be nothing, though. They also seem to be defending the map for some odd reason.

I noticed that too but decided not to say much, the guy may be legitimately a big fan not connected to the map's origin, and I'm not gonna dig into that, despite how much of a Rude Nick I am lol

 

@GRANDHEIST I was about to make one when I saw your comment, but looks like there's no need now. It's the method I would have used by comparing airports.

 

Also, I take back what I said earlier about the airport design being too close to the roads:

 

k8ZqINN.png

 

That's another point deduction for a nicktestbranch analysis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AbokommandantPro
On 7/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, GRANDHEIST said:

Is there a size comparison?

 

Edit:  here's an estimate:

33GuoJn.jpg

That's a good one. Can you add the other fake map?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish

Good in size. But the density is kind of a let down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Volatollotalov

The 'entire map with labels' pic is not very accurate at all.

 

It's a good go at it with a few hours to spare, but it misses or distorts a huge amount of detail that can be seen even at a glance of the video. It also misses a lot of the place labels and other valuable info flashed up in the video.

 

Unlike our Direct Rudeboy Nick, I'm not 100% convinced this is fake. I'm 99% convinced it's fake.

 

If it is a confection, as it almost certainly is, then it is well informed.

 

I wonder why the leaker chose the name Jim Smith?

 

Edited by Volatollotalov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, GRANDHEIST said:

Is there a size comparison?

 

Edit:  here's an estimate:

33GuoJn.jpg

I feel that the size is a bit off, the leaked map should be a bit bigger imo. For example look at Paleto Bay, there is much more space between the blocks. The same for the airport comparison.

 

The scale should be a bit larger, give or take 20-30%. This would make the map about twice the size of GTA V, and Vice City roughly the same size as Los Santos.

 

On the one hand disappointing that we won't see a larger city than Los Santos (if this map is real), but on the other hand I would be happy to see more cities albeit smaller. This definitely has my preference. 

 

I think this is a better estimate:

0Ou4R6q.jpeg

 

I do think that the map created from the leak isn't fully accurate, swamplands and the hole top right are probably filled with bayou / everglades like areas. 

 

The one thing that makes me believe it is the real deal, is the layout. It tackles a few major issues of GTA V's map, mainly being: ports/harbors. This time they are all around the map, instead of just in Los Santos.

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every GTA map has been different from its predecessor, not "learning from the mistakes of the previous" and having it be shaped similarly. Only GTA III and VC had similar layouts, and IV was because it was, well, NYC based. I have no reason to believe that map, especially based on the cpomparison to a concept posted before.

 

I've said this many times back in 2011-2012 with all the leaked V maps IIRC, so this is just bringing back memories :D People believed so many fake maps back then, that eventually the GTAF mapping topic got something really close to the real map from trailers and screens, R* released the official thing and it was a party - and revealed every single "map leak" was fake as well lol.

 

The RDR2 map leak was a whole different league and very clearly something straight out of some sort of design doc/presentation, this is straight up supposed "menu" footage and what not? Riiiight. Not to mention the RDR2 map leak was unprecedented, and knowing R* I wouldn't be surprised if it had been on purpose right before announcement to avoid another Mapping Los Santos situation, to mess with people. :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone over there said 

Quote

I am more interested in knowing actually when they will officially announce this game. If they do it this year, then I guess it may release in 2018.

f*cking nostradamus

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican
On 7/9/2021 at 11:06 PM, ivarblaauw said:

I feel that the size is a bit off, the leaked map should be a bit bigger imo. For example look at Paleto Bay, there is much more space between the blocks. The same for the airport comparison.

 

The scale should be a bit larger, give or take 20-30%. This would make the map about twice the size of GTA V, and Vice City roughly the same size as Los Santos.

 

On the one hand disappointing that we won't see a larger city than Los Santos (if this map is real), but on the other hand I would be happy to see more cities albeit smaller. This definitely has my preference. 

 

I think this is a better estimate:

0Ou4R6q.jpeg

 

I do think that the map created from the leak isn't fully accurate, swamplands and the hole top right are probably filled with bayou / everglades like areas. 

 

The one thing that makes me believe it is the real deal, is the layout. It tackles a few major issues of GTA V's map, mainly being: ports/harbors. This time they are all around the map, instead of just in Los Santos.

Well, it makes sense for the other Florida cities to be smaller, as Tampa and Orlando are smaller than LA in real life.

 

What makes this a much harder sell for me is the interstate system. It doesn't appear to be particularly well connected or designed. In a game with such a large area, it doesn't make much sense.

 

Granted, San Andreas' interstate design wasn't amazing either; the only SF-LS highway was based on Cal State Route 1 which takes a long time to traverse. But still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys,there is no way HD counterpart of Vice City would be smaller than 3D one.

 

Even other fake map is million times better than this tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GTA3Rockstar
On 7/9/2021 at 1:00 PM, GRANDHEIST said:

Is there a size comparison?

 

Edit:  here's an estimate:

33GuoJn.jpg

 

 

 

ppNaW16.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaccerKentPaul
On 7/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, GTA3Rockstar said:

 

 

 

Red flag is vice city being too small. This map looks too crowded and disorganized to be real

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, GTA3Rockstar said:

 

 

 

This is just not true. Look at the cityblocks, the map isn't scaled correct. 

 

Check this link for a more accurate version:

0Ou4R6q.jpeg

Check the city blocks, airfields, road width, this lines up much better. This one is much closer to reality than the ones in your post.

 

If I look at this, the map should be around twice the size of GTA V's map. 

 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, CynicalMexican said:

Well, it makes sense for the other Florida cities to be smaller, as Tampa and Orlando are smaller than LA in real life.

 

What makes this a much harder sell for me is the interstate system. It doesn't appear to be particularly well connected or designed. In a game with such a large area, it doesn't make much sense.

 

Granted, San Andreas' interstate design wasn't amazing either; the only SF-LS highway was based on Cal State Route 1 which takes a long time to traverse. But still.

The interstates are not that different from GTA V. Once you get out of the city in GTA V, the interstates aren't that special. 

 

The only good interstates are in the city itself (which are great!), but outside of that, it is just as basic as the interstates seen on the 'leak'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Every GTA map has been different from its predecessor, not "learning from the mistakes of the previous" and having it be shaped similarly.

1985 map plus rust belt city it is to me then.

Even if it ends up a fake I will always like it.

Edited by OOI
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AbokommandantPro

There are so many things wrong with this map

- Vice City is SUPER small 

- It looks like a recreation of a concept map with a few changes (As seen in older posts)

- The video we're we saw the map was super blury (Like it was recored with a 2008 phone camera)

- Outdatet GUI 

- There was no audio in the video

 

 

It looks like a good fake but you can quickly see that it's fake.

The 9teen8e5 one was a better fake imo just because of the things behind it (Like that he planed it  atleast 3 years earlier) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican
On 7/10/2021 at 12:43 PM, OOI said:

1985 map plus rust belt city it is to me then.

Even if it ends up a fake I will always like it.

Yeah I like the 1985 map much better, Vice City seemed more scaled realistically to Miami's size.

 

In this map the Vice Beach area has so much attention while Mainland Vice seems less so, kinda like with V's Los Santos where all the famous areas got so much attention while lesser areas were lesser shown or just omitted completely for an ocean floor, a giant desert airstrip, and big mountains that were difficult to traverse.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a sneaking suspicion this might end up being real, in the end. But It does look how I imagine a Florida based map would look.

I know I've said this previously:

  

On 7/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, Len Lfc said:

Hey, whoever made that map you should post the full one. It's decent little map. I'd like to see the full version. I know they're almost certainly reading this, that's kinda' the point when you make fakes.

 

 

 

But I can very easily be wrong and I'm not above admitting that. And since we have nothing else to do, why not analyze it, anyway?

 

These are the index names and locations I worked out from the map. Should make it easier for people to read and come back to.

 

Shops & Services

  • Armory - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL
  • Auto Customs - Deep Canal, Bluefish Point, FL
  • Barber Shop - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL
  • Car Wash
  • Clothing
  • Dealership
  • Drug Store
  • Gym
  • marine Supplies
  • Mechanic
  • Motorsports
  • Plastic Surgeon
  • Restaurant
  • Salon & Spa
  • Smoke Shop
  • Sports & Outdoors - Seawaft, Tortona Beach, FL - Shriveled Shrub, Croc's Head, FL - Muddy Circle, Mayes Haven, FL
  • Tattoo Parlor - Sandyside, Tortona Beach, FL


Pastimes & Activities

  • Attraction - Quincy World, Rosalind, FL
  • Basketball - Pthalo Park, Whitewater, FL
  • Bowling Alley - Kraff Way, Whitewater, FL
  • Country Club
  • Drug Deal - Flamingo Junction, Polo Island, FL - Peeking Peach Street, Croc's head, FL - Vice Gardens, Vice City, FL - Downtown, Vice City, FL - Ocean Beach, Vice City, FL - New Town, Big Key Head, FL
  • Fishing Tournament
  • Golf Course
  • Movie Theater
  • Parachuting
  • Sea Race
  • Stock Car Race
  • Street Race
  • Strip Club

 

Locations

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Volatollotalov
On 7/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, Len Lfc said:

I've got a sneaking suspicion this might end up being real, in the end.

 

If it's authentic, this would imply that the game is in a much more advanced state of development than Henderson would have people believe.

 

At least, not in need of another four years or so of full-on development.

 

Edited by Volatollotalov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Len Lfc

what interests me, is that we see a lot returning from GTA V but also from GTA IV and also Red Dead 2.

Fishing tournaments are of course 1 on 1 taken from Red Dead. Marine Supplies however... It seems that if this map is real, the sea might be more important than before. 

Snorkling, Diving and perhaps fighting some sharks with harpoonguns? I am all for it.

I wonder if we can just chose to start fishing/diving anywhere, or if these are location limited. 

 

I do miss Tennis, so I hope that this will make a return though!

 

Here I have created a more accurate rendition of Vice City in this game, the other creator missed a whole lot of roads in Vice City (as you can see).
I also added some 'house overlay colors', to show that Vice City ain't that small at all!

Uxg9U7w.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.