nicktestbranch

i prayed to God last night, he said the map was fake

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

1 hour ago, nicktestbranch said:

i prayed to God last night, he said the map was fake

Hallelujah!

CynicalMexican

But I prayed to Lord Beerus God of Destruction, he told me it was real! 

Thomas Cavendish

I don't get why people make these 500 miles STRAIGHT roads.

7 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Take a look at an actual map of South Florida sometime.

CynicalMexican
9 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

It's called a highway system... 

Thomas Cavendish

and you are all excited to play 20 minutes drivining in a highway system. ok then.

46 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

and you are all excited to play 20 minutes drivining in a highway system. ok then.

It wouldn't be a 20 minute drive, and nobody said anything about being excited.  You said you don't get why the highways are straight and you got answers.

VCVvRuv.png

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Actually, highways were something that were so wanted in GTA 5.

Have you not traveled between two major cities? Literally, straight highways. It's not the 1960s where highways are just being paved and people have to use sketchy routes.

What's wrong with realistic road infrastructure? 

EDIT: you just reminded me of True Crime LA. The highway drive from Downtown LA to Santa Monica on the Interstate was accurate in time. 

Edited by CynicalMexican

12 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Well yes if you're role playing as a truck driver or simply driving from one city to another instead of flying.

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, _MK_ said:

Well yes if you're role playing as a truck driver or simply driving from one city to another instead of flying.

I get why people don't like the "easy" driving in GTA 5, but much highway infrastructure is designed in such a way. It's better than GTA 3/VC. American Interstates are meant to make driving between major locations relatively easy. Unless we're going to make a GTA in the 1940s/50s, I'd hate to see interstates go away. 

People will bring up GTA SA, but GTA SA's map design was much different. The highway infrastructure in that game is meant to accommodate cities that are smaller than IV LC/V LS.

The highway design also roughly reflected real life; SA's version of Interstate 5 goes directly from Los Santos to Las Venturas (much like LA to Sac). The LS-SF highway roughly reflected US101/Cal Route 1, which take longer to traverse than taking I-5 and then I-80 if you're driving from LA to SF. There really isn't a direct LV-SF highway in SA, which is why San Fierro takes longer to drive to.

2 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Sounds like True Crime Streets of LA.

CynicalMexican

I know that game was made during a time when game dev periods were much shorter and that map used a LOT of asset recycling, but it's still impressive how accurate it is to real life LA.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:36 PM, Kirsty said:

Posted (edited)
These map photos are probably real. In one of the nightclubs, we can find postcards showing Paradise Isle. You can see three islands on them. This would correspond to the map diagram:

https://imgur.com/sdVPKBTsdVPKBT.jpg

iXlbCWY.jpg

OCi1U1M.jpg

The postcards show screenshots from a very early alpha version.

Rockstar gave us another clue. Every time I ask them on Facebook how long we still have to wait, the next day we get another clue from R * employees on reddit.

Edited by Joymaxx

3 minutes ago, Joymaxx said:
These map photos are probably real. In one of the nightclubs, we can find postcards showing Paradise Isle. You can see three islands on them. This would correspond to the map diagram:

[url=https://naforum.zapodaj.net/f0108e032172.jpg.html][img]https://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/f0108e032172.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://naforum.zapodaj.net/7de40079c1a2.jpg.html][img]https://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/7de40079c1a2.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://naforum.zapodaj.net/08dd8dce2dbc.jpg.html][img]https://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/08dd8dce2dbc.jpg[/img][/url]

Rockstar gave us another clue. Every time I ask them on Facebook how long we still have to wait, the next day we get another clue from R * employees on reddit.

The distances between land masses on the in-game photo are way off from the distances between the islands on the leaked map.

4 minutes ago, bakerach said:

The distances between land masses on the in-game photo are way off from the distances between the islands on the leaked map.

Of course it is because we wrongly define distances between maps. Due to optimization, they will be much smaller than we expect.
  • Like 2

gucciflipflops
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Joymaxx said:

https://imgur.com/sdVPKBT

The postcards show screenshots from a very early alpha version.

not trying to rain on your parade, but if anything that looks like guarma from red dead redemption 2. also haven't those pictures have always been there? i wouldn't trust those map leak photos, it's unlikely that it has anything to do with the next installment of the franchise

Edited by gucciflipflops
  • Like 1

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, Joymaxx said:
Of course it is because we wrongly define distances between maps. Due to optimization, they will be much smaller than we expect.

GTA SA is a golden example. Draw distance in that game makes the map feel much larger than it really is. 

2 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

GTA SA is a golden example. Draw distance in that game makes the map feel much larger than it really is. 

Yeah, that's true. Each version of the engine produced for GTA, no matter if the 3D or HD universe, the engine scales the image in such a way that it creates the effect of an optical illusion. You guys speculate too much, you get lost in it all. The photos from the club were quickly cleared up because we still can't know that GTA VI is being produced. If they were 100% true, then we would be sure. You will still compare these photos with the final version of the map, you will see ...

On 6/2/2021 at 12:27 AM, Joymaxx said:

Yeah, that's true. Each version of the engine produced for GTA, no matter if the 3D or HD universe, the engine scales the image in such a way that it creates the effect of an optical illusion. You guys speculate too much, you get lost in it all. The photos from the club were quickly cleared up because we still can't know that GTA VI is being produced. If they were 100% true, then we would be sure. You will still compare these photos with the final version of the map, you will see ...

We will see? No, we won't. What is this? Just stop fabricating based on your weird fantasies. None of this is happening.

• 1 month later...
nicktestbranch

I'm finished. Analysis coming soon. This took far longer than I expected because stitching shaky frames is a bitch, as well as having to grab more frames from the video to fill in some areas. 

GTA Forums, prepare your polishers. I'm definitely stepping away from the PC after putting this together. Credit is not needed, turn this into whatever you want.

New post coming to the thread soon. The 7-7-2021 map "leak" is interesting, but because of how little visibility there is (unexplored areas), it's hard to guess just what all there is. I'm not sure if I'm ready to rule it as fake yet, but it's pretty likely. It's slightly more effort than other fake maps I've seen if it is.

HWNOSUG.png

Staff edit: Merged posts after move. Cheers! :) 

CynicalMexican

Is it just me or does Vice City seem kinda paltry?

Volatollotalov
On 7/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, nicktestbranch said:

New post coming to the thread soon. The 7-7-2021 map "leak" is interesting, but because of how little visibility there is (unexplored areas), it's hard to guess just what all there is. I'm not sure if I'm ready to rule it as fake yet, but it's pretty likely. It's slightly more effort than other fake maps I've seen if it is.

Excellent work Rude Nick, and I'm looking forward to the analysis!

• Realistic Steak! 1

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)

At least it's something new to discuss aside from whatever run of the mill online only DLC. Good work dude.

If that's real I am not happy with the size of Vice City.

Edited by CynicalMexican

Posted (edited)

Personally I hope the real map is bigger than this, in terms of cities I mean. It seems to be doing the same mistake as GTA V, but the Miami portion looks smaller than the Los Santos portion did in V.

And same with small towns spread around the map, there should be small towns but also a second city, or better yet, another island to make water and air transportation way more useful.

Also there seems to be way too many water bodies? It's wasting a lot of space in the map the same way GTA V wasted space because of mountains, and it doesn't look natural either. If the real map is anything like this, then they're making the same mistake as GTA V, which I don't think they would do, especially after seeing the improvements that RDR2 brought to the tables.

Edited by Orthur
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:53 AM, CynicalMexican said:

I agree, that Vice City looks way too small. Looks a lot smaller than Los Santos

On 7/8/2021 at 11:23 PM, CynicalMexican said:

Yea it looks smaller than the Los Santos portion in GTA V for some reason. And the water bodies are a waste of space and seems like filler, worse than the mountains in the GTA V map.

The general layout looks like V's map too, the small town spread along the map is seem to be doing the same mistake that V's map did with paleto bay. I'd rather have a bigger second city or even another island.