1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread

nicktestbranch

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bakerach said:

Nobody has done this, but you have called it a kidney and a cabbage several times for some reason, so I guess that counts?

It being called a "kidney" because that's exactly what it is, a direct copy/paste of V's map which is the only GTA map with a kidney shape. Some seem to be going after this map as "legit" without any sense just like those previous fake "character" "cop car" "street" "airport" screenshots that all turned out to be fake but yeah lets feed the troll that made this GTAV cabbage map, nothing like free dopamine.

You really think Rockstar would use the same map layout for a new GTA? holyhell.

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, _MK_ said:

It being called a "kidney" because that's exactly what it is, a direct copy/paste of V's map which is the only GTA map with a kidney shape. Some seem to be going after this map as "legit" without any sense just like those previous fake "character" "cop car" "street" "airport" screenshots that all turned out to be fake but yeah lets feed the troll that made this GTAV cabbage map, nothing like free dopamine.

You really think Rockstar would use the same map layout? holyhell man.

"It's an oblong island with a city in the corner and a large body of water, literal copy/paste.  The world's best open world game designers wouldn't make two oblong islands with a city on one side and a body of water at the other.  Cabbage!  Kidney!"

Great point.  I'll stick with my interpretation, feel free to stick with yours.

9 hours ago, bakerach said:

"It's an oblong island with a city in the corner and a large body of water, literal copy/paste.  The world's best open world game designers wouldn't make two oblong islands with a city on one side and a body of water at the other.  Cabbage!  Kidney!"

Great point.  I'll stick with my interpretation, feel free to stick with yours.

To be honest you aren't making any sense to me so yeah no need for you to quote me every time i make fun of that vegetables map.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

At least it does somewhat resemble California when it comes to shape.

Grand Theft Auto V's map shape is awful.

Edited by Americana

CynicalMexican
2 hours ago, bakerach said:

You never clarified your reason for posting that really bad 1985 photo -- were you trying to say that was *better* than the leaks?

And if you can't tell that the leaks show a significantly larger map (in terms of land mass and multiple large urban areas) than GTA V, you really should take a better look.

Edit: also, lol at the idea that Florida having different terrain than California is one of your reasons.  Someone's never visited Miami or LA, it seems

I'm gonna side with you here. Devils advocate 😈

IF this is a partial test map, and we have another US/Mexico city (maybe Chicago and CDMX) plus South America, we would have an EPIC map.

And yeah, I mean look at a satellite map of Florida. It's flat and green. Idk why people are comparing it to California lol, they're on two different sides of a continent. It's basic understanding of topography and climate.

At least with this "non GTA fake" we get more cities to explore, unlike GTA 5 and it's puny Paleto Bay... 

8 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

I'm gonna side with you here. Devils advocate 😈

IF this is a partial test map, and we have another US/Mexico city (maybe Chicago and CDMX) plus South America, we would have an EPIC map.

And yeah, I mean look at a satellite map of Florida. It's flat and green. Idk why people are comparing it to California lol, they're on two different sides of a continent. It's basic understanding of topography and climate.

At least with this "non GTA fake" we get more cities to explore, unlike GTA 5 and it's puny Paleto Bay... 

Lol, it's sad that having a realistic viewpoint means having to play "devil's advocate."

The only credible info we have about the location are the scouting reports, the Project Americas info, and the leaked screenshots.  They all seem to corroborate each other despite seemingly coming from different sources.

From the Project Americas leak, we're supposed to have Vice City/Everglades, Havana, and "somewhere in Panama/Brazil/Columbia [sic]."  The only one I can't really place yet is Havana, but we clearly have Vice City and the Everglades here, and possibly an island meant to be Cuba, though I don't exactly see Havana -- looks more like Nassau to me, which would make sense from the location:

9bngm6z036171.png?width=987&format=png&a

and here we have a likely stand-in for Rio de Janeiro:

HObAjJB.jpg

But hey, the screenshots are kind of blurry and the islands supposedly look like body parts or something, so I guess people won't be convinced until the game releases.  Either way, it's kind of hilarious to see people get worked up (can't wait to be quoted by someone saying "I know you are but what am I").

CynicalMexican

Oh wow, it definitely looks like Rio, especially the placement of the lagoon there. Only thing off is that the city faces west rather than east.

CynicalMexican
2 hours ago, Americana said:

At least it does somewhat resemble California when it comes to shape.

Grand Theft Auto V's map shape is awful.

I mean, GTA SA was literally a giant square and was completely inconsistent with North American geography lol. What would be Oakland was basically dry grassland and Las Venturas' location corresponded to Sacramento. NorCal was basically turned into the Mojave Desert in GTA SA.

GTA V had plenty of odd quirks (the Salton Sea being north of LA, the small desert, LA's surrounding counties being mushed together, etc) but it was more believable.

Would be fun to think of WD2's map being north of LS/Blaine with areas added in between. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

Only thing off is that the city faces west rather than east.

My thought is that they positioned it that way in order to keep the map "centered" since VC faces east.  If we're island hopping from North > South America to get there, it makes sense from a game design perspective to have the airport on the north side and the city oriented towards the rest of the playable area.

edit:  btw, driving through the favelas is going to be dope.

Edited by bakerach
  • Like 3

The Green Goo
3 hours ago, _MK_ said:

It being called a "kidney" because that's exactly what it is, a direct copy/paste of V's map which is the only GTA map with a kidney shape. 

You have to think about how a GTA map will look taking into consideration things like draw distance in a flat map like Florida and content. It can't be too thin because you'll be able to see across the entire map from the top of a tall building. That means the most likely shape will be round or kidney shaped. The only way around that would be to have an elongated map with significant wideness. That would mean a map with much more landmass than V and they would need to create more content to fill it. Much of V's map was unused space so I don't see why they'd want to go bigger.

You wanna see maps that are similar and look copied? Look below. V's map is just like Florida. Similar shape, cities on the coast with a large body of water to the north. In San Andreas, San Fierro rotated right looks like Los Santos. Coastlines in the same spots. Airports in the same spots. Docks in the same spots. Despite the similarities, they played and felt different.

mXmxYkI.jpg

• Like 2

nicktestbranch
4 hours ago, bakerach said:

Nobody has done this, but you have called it a kidney and a cabbage several times for some reason, so I guess that counts?

you're becoming a real appendix right now

Ok, we had "cabbage", "kidney", I guess, that something that looks like a lungs will be real :kekw:

• KEKW 1

GTA VI's map will be our collective hearts. ❤️ 

What if it's a piece of realistic steak?

CynicalMexican

Nah it's gonna be a taco obviously. 

nicktestbranch
Posted (edited)

holy sh*t gang. another one of these poorly made leaks has made its way to the internet, but i guess the question is, is it worth analyzing?

lwNkKCJ.jpg

i'm guessing it's their rendition of a hawaii or something

Edited by nicktestbranch
edit

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Kidney, cabbage, now brussel sprouts?

24 minutes ago, nicktestbranch said:

holy sh*t gang. another one of these poorly made leaks has made its way to the internet, but i guess the question is, is it worth analyzing?

lwNkKCJ.jpg

At this point, it's hard to tell if you people are really this dumb, lol

• Like 1

nicktestbranch

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand leaked GTA maps. The detail is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical geography most of the details will go over a typical forumer's head. 

1 minute ago, nicktestbranch said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand leaked GTA maps. The detail is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical geography most of the details will go over a typical forumer's head. 

German humor moment 🤣

46 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Nah it's gonna be a taco obviously. 

Or a paella.

18 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

Or a paella.

Si Dios quiere

• YEE 1

nicktestbranch
1 hour ago, nicktestbranch said:

-snip-

welp had my fun, debunked:

White mold (aka drop) on lettuce | Vegetable Pathology – Long Island  Horticultural Research & Extension Center

RlklKXJ.png

Thomas Cavendish

As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level, I can say the lettuce is fake and the blurred map is a real leak.

Still trying to get over the fact that people in this thread said the 90% finished RDR II map looked fake and amateurish but a bad photoshop of cabbage looks 100% real.

33 minutes ago, KGBeast said:

Still trying to get over the fact that people in this thread said the 90% finished RDR II map looked fake and amateurish but a bad photoshop of cabbage looks 100% real.

Who said that?

1 hour ago, KGBeast said:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought the rdr2 leak was real... we used it in map building and analysis before release so....

Not 90% complete either, lots missing in mainmap, lots changed and moved as well.

The Green Goo
2 hours ago, KGBeast said:

It's about a thousand times easier to make a RDR2 type map leak than that Vice City map. I'm an amateur with a cheap image editor and I created the map below pretty quickly. 

uqSBaTw.jpg

27 minutes ago, The Green Goo said:

It's about a thousand times easier to make a RDR2 type map leak than that Vice City map. I'm an amateur with a cheap image editor and I created the map below pretty quickly. 

uqSBaTw.jpg

Bruh. The RDR II map is an actual 3D environment that was designed and built then tweaked and improved over the course of years. You're bickering over the visuals of the reference map that leaked rather than the underlying environment it depicted. What you've posted isn't crafted playable geometry, all you did was take a topographical map and lay colored blotches and squiggly lines over it. It is transparently not an in game environment, just like this bullsh*t Vice City leak, and neither are in anyway comparable to the RDR II map. You are delusional if you think otherwise and I'm done entertaining your foolishness.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KGBeast said:

Bruh. The RDR II map is an actual 3D environment that was designed and built then tweaked and improved over the course of years. You're bickering over the visuals of the reference map that leaked rather than the underlying environment it depicted. What you've posted isn't crafted playable geometry, all you did was take a topographical map and lay colored blotches and squiggly lines over it. It is transparently not an in game environment, just like this bullsh*t Vice City leak, and neither are in anyway comparable to the RDR II map. You are delusional if you think otherwise and I'm done entertaining your foolishness.

Again, I'll ask you who said the RDR leak was fake and amateurish?  I don't remember seeing that in this thread, but maybe my memory is lacking.  Then again, you haven't really answered any of the specifics I've asked you about in regards to your doubts about the leak, so I'm not really expecting you to start now.  If you understand that the RDR map contained playable geometry but you can't see the intricate design in the leaks, just take a cue from the guy in The Last Airbender and keep yelling about your cabbages.  edit:  lol, crickets.

Also, @The Green Goo -- thanks for drowning my house, my friends, and all of my favorite mountain bike trails in your map.

Edited by bakerach