Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread


nicktestbranch
 Share

Recommended Posts

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, KGBeast said:

I'd have to disagree with that pretty greatly, this map doesn't have the same quality and design philosophy of Rockstar's maps at all. As one of the tweets notes, the map is utterly barren of any detail besides urban sprawl and swamp. This is pretty obviously not a map that exists in a game, it hasn't been built, it hasn't been designed and detailed beyond this high aerial view. It basically appears to be screenshots from Google Maps cut into rough shapes, layered together, with roads and beaches drawn in. 

 

We can respectfully disagree.

 

Though admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of R* map design. Vice City's map had a large part which was just beach; it took up way too much space.

 

And of course GTA 5. Largely wasteland that was difficult to traverse, with only one real other adjacent town (Paleto Bay) - Chumash was too damn small and Sandy Shores was basically mini red neck Detroit. Plus the weird decision to put the Salton Sea directly north of what's supposed to be LA (IRL it's more closer to San Diego) and the ocean floor no one really explored.

 

(Though at this point, I'm just airing my gripes about GTA 5 - I'm hardly a fan of that game)

 

But I definitely agree with you on the Google Maps thing. If this were handdrawn like other GTA maps, I would be sold. But it's not.

 

Maybe it's the topography? Florida is flat, unlike California which is more mountainous and varied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

But I definitely agree with you on the Google Maps thing. If this were handdrawn like other GTA maps, I would be sold. But it's not.

 

You'd believe it if it were a (much easier to fake) schematic map instead of this high-level satellite-style map?  If you agree that this is just Google maps images stitched together (it's not), please point out an edge where two separate images were composited into one.  It's very easy to do on the obvious fakes, but there's absolutely nothing that stands out to me on the leaked map images as being anything other than a professionally made game map.

  • Like 1
  • Bruh 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ArthurZussman
2 minutes ago, bakerach said:

You'd believe it if it were a (much easier to fake) schematic map instead of this high-level satellite-style map?  If you agree that this is just Google maps images stitched together (it's not), please point out an edge where two separate images were composited into one.  It's very easy to do on the obvious fakes, but there's absolutely nothing that stands out to me on the leaked map images as being anything other than a professionally made game map.

You created this map, didnt you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, bakerach said:

Lol take it up with Rockstar, they're the ones who made it.  Like I said, regardless of whatever you compare it to, be that organ, leafy greens, etc, that doesn't make it any less legit.

Take it up with Rockstar? take what up with Rockstar? Rockstar aren't the ones "leaking" this cabbage map that has the same shape of V's map...there's nothing for me to take up with Rockstar. If anything i should take this up with the low life who toke V's map and made this google earth concept from it and called it "VI's leaked map".

Edited by _MK_
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ArthurZussman said:

You created this map, didnt you?

As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level for over a decade and who extensively studied urban planning while pursuing an architecture degree, I have neither the time nor the knowledge required to create maps at the level of the leaks.

 

People who claim it's easy or that they're obvious fakes should appear in psychology textbooks as prime examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect at work.

 

Edit: and, like I thought, you had no real input on why it's just "Google maps layered together," only a lame attempt at deflection.  Bruh.

Edited by bakerach
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bakerach said:

As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level for over a decade and who extensively studied urban planning while pursuing an architecture degree, I have neither the time nor the knowledge required to create maps at the level of the leaks.

 

People who claim it's easy or that they're obvious fakes should appear in psychology textbooks as prime examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect at work.

 

Edit: and, like I thought, you had no real input on why it's just "Google maps layered together," only a lame attempt at deflection.  Bruh.

 

Ahh sh*t true... his credentials check out bruhs... its real I guess

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican
2 hours ago, bakerach said:

You'd believe it if it were a (much easier to fake) schematic map instead of this high-level satellite-style map?  If you agree that this is just Google maps images stitched together (it's not), please point out an edge where two separate images were composited into one.  It's very easy to do on the obvious fakes, but there's absolutely nothing that stands out to me on the leaked map images as being anything other than a professionally made game map.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. 

 

What I meant to say, more specifically, is that the map uses a style that's really unusual for a Rockstar map. 

 

I don't recall any Rockstar game having a satellite-like map. It's not that it's unconvincing or "looks photoshopped"; it's the actual style of the map that makes me skeptical. It seems odd for a Rockstar leaked map to have a "Google Earth" look, especially in comparison to previous GTA maps. 

 

Or, if this is a real leak, this is just some rendering (probably for development purposes) and I'm looking waaaaaay too deep into this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, bakerach said:

As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level for over a decade and who extensively studied urban planning while pursuing an architecture degree, I have neither the time nor the knowledge required to create maps at the level of the leaks.

 

People who claim it's easy or that they're obvious fakes should appear in psychology textbooks as prime examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect at work.

 

Edit: and, like I thought, you had no real input on why it's just "Google maps layered together," only a lame attempt at deflection.  Bruh.

 

unknown.png

 

Literally the first fake that came out had the rest of the map drawn in MS PAINT!! lmao .... finally 5 months later we get the "full picture"...

 

What did you do with photoshop at a professional level for over a decade now?

Edited by pariah87
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

I don't recall any Rockstar game having a satellite-like map. It's not that it's unconvincing or "looks photoshopped"; it's the actual style of the map that makes me skeptical. It seems odd for a Rockstar leaked map to have a "Google Earth" look, especially in comparison to previous GTA maps. 

GTA V had a similar satellite-style map for the mobile app, that's where the hi-res photos of V's map come from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bakerach said:

GTA V had a similar satellite-style map for the mobile app, that's where the hi-res photos of V's map come from.

 

88113ffc33a6e47a4f11c5cadab1cc0e.jpg

That looks like an actual map tho...

 

The 20min fake has better map sense... 

Edited by pariah87
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pariah87 said:

 

unknown.png

 

Literally the first fake that came out had the rest of the map drawn in MS PAINT!! lmao .... finally 5 months later we get the "full picture"...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. This image wasn't from the map leaks, it was made by someone in this forum - and it shows.  Or were you under the impression that this was connected to the leaked map photos?  The neighborhoods cutting off a quarter mile of highway or the sharp 90° turn on the interstate in that goes through the middle of downtown city blocks weren't a giveaway?  Like I said, the clueless people are all too happy to out themselves.

 

To answer your question, I use Photoshop to create ads/marketing materials for various companies, to draw storyboards for projects in pre-production, and to finalize graphics for use in video edits/TV shows.

Edited by bakerach
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, bakerach said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. This image wasn't from the map leaks, it was made by someone in this forum - and it shows.

 

To answer your question, I use Photoshop to create ads/marketing materials for various companies, to draw storyboards for projects in pre-production, and to finalize graphics for use in video edits/TV shows.

 

You said with all your experience that you attained throughout your years, that you have no skills making maps at the level of the leaks. I'm trying to show you the contrast between a 20min fake and a fake that has had some work/time put into it.

 

With your pursuing degree and healthy resume.. you would think, you'd see how bad of a fake this is.

 

 

Sorry I had to spell it out for you.. I don't have any degrees.

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pariah87 said:

 

You said with all your experience that you attained throughout your years, that you have no skills making maps at the level of the leaks. I'm trying to show you the contrast between a 20min fake and a fake that has had some work/time put into it.

 

I didn't say I had *no* skills, just that I don't have the required time/knowledge to create R* level game worlds.  And yes, the 20 minute map you posted is embarrassingly amateurish when compared to the leaks.

1 minute ago, pariah87 said:

 

 

Sorry I had to spell it out for you.. I don't have any degrees.

Color me surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bakerach said:

 

I didn't say I had *no* skills, just that I don't have the required time/knowledge to create R* level game worlds.  And yes, the 20 minute map you posted is embarrassingly amateurish when compared to the leaks.

Color me surprised.

 

Colour*

I wouldn't say its as embarrassingly bad as your knowledge of rockstar level maps, considering you have a bunch of education and professional work in that specific field it seems. 

"Hey guys.. I didn't say I had no skills in map making... I just said I don't have the required time!     but also I extensively studied urban planning while pursuing an architecture degree..."

Edited by pariah87
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish

As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level for the past two decades, it still looks fake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Exactly, and maybe they shouldn't focus too much on the graphics of the smaller games, makes it easier for them to release a small GTA every 2 years or so, I'll be happy to wait for a bigger GTA for 7+ years if we have smaller GTAs in-between.

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeltaV20 said:

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 

While that would be cool, I can't see them adding to the map in that way (i.e. creating land mass on the former coastline).  I think the islands approach would be the most likely way for them to grow the game world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 


As someone who's used Photoshop at a professional level for over a decade, I can say this map is real.

Edited by Thomas Cavendish
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they ran out of cabbage with this one.

  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 

 

Careful posting stuff like this on here, people will think it's a GTA VI leak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish

Why is this guy so eager to defend this map?
As @ArthurZussman said, he must have done it by himself. That's for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 

Can't really see any resemblance between this concept and SA's map, this just looks like one huge chunk of land while in SA the land is separated by water.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish
2 minutes ago, KGBeast said:

Careful posting stuff like this on here, people will think it's a GTA VI leak.


If the cabbage map was a leak, this one will be an official announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, _MK_ said:

Can't really see any resemblance between this concept and SA's map, this just looks like one huge chunk of land while in SA the land is separated by water.

yea right LV and SF doesn't exist in SA 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, KGBeast said:

Careful posting stuff like this on here, people will think it's a GTA VI leak.

Just you wait, someone is gonna cover it with spinach leaves and add it to the "80's cabbage VI map leak" and people will be discussing how real it is.

Edited by _MK_
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _MK_ said:

Just you wait, someone is gonna cover it with spinach leafs and add it to the "80's cabbage VI map leak" and people are start discussion how real it is.

Lol, y'all are obsessed -- and you're going to feel pretty dumb when the game releases.  I hope you're confident enough in yourselves to not delete these comments when that happens, it'll be a really fun trip down memory lane

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bakerach said:

Lol, y'all are obsessed -- and you're going to feel pretty dumb when the game releases.  I hope you're confident enough in yourselves to not delete these comments when that happens, it'll be a really fun trip down memory lane

Obsessed? are you sure you know what that really means buddy? you're the one who's posting "the cabbage map is so real oh my gawd stop saying it's fake holysh*t what's wrong with you people" while I'm actually using my senses before jumping on the believing wagon, gave you a good reason why it's fake but you are very determined to stay your course and that's up to you after all but point is it's pretty clear who's the "obsessed" one here.

 

And feel free to screenshot what I'm saying i won't delete a thing.

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _MK_ said:

gave you a good reason why it's fake

Nobody has done this, but you have called it a kidney and a cabbage several times for some reason, so I guess that counts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

Eh, it would be much better if they saved their best ideas for flagship GTA titles and not make any smaller GTAs inbetween, at least in my opinion. It would be much more interesting if they started to make new games in other IPs rather than making smaller GTAs.

 

I agree with you. The fact they have so many great IPs and have just let them rot away is so f*cking depressing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, KGBeast said:

 

Careful posting stuff like this on here, people will think it's a GTA VI leak.

47 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

man i just want GTA LV and GTA SF as mega expansions for gta V , two new protags.
imagine this :
aoZ2d9e_700b.png?width=432&height=573
aka San Andreas 2 

 

WOAH!, is that GTA VI map? 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Edited by The Tracker
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 6 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests

    • wadiya1
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.