2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Trevor's sexuality

Johnny Forelli

Johnny Forelli

Throughout the years since I've played GTA 5 ever since it was released back in 2013 I've noticed that Trevor has shown an interest in men as well as men. It's more than obvious that he f***ed Floyd Hebert more than once and Mr. Raspberry Jam the teddy bear but also in one of the character switch cut scenes Trevor is scene chasing down a guy in a car whilst apologizing for showing his c**k and says that he must have a kiss and is refusing to leave unless he has a kiss. Let's not forget that Trevor offered to have sex with Johnny the former leader of Lost MC too.

My best friend thinks that Trevor just has sex with men to show dominance or to just mess with their minds.

I don't know if I'm right or my friend's right or Trevor Philips is in fact bisexual but also likes to mess with people's minds.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Is Trevor bisexual or just controlling or is he both?

41 minutes ago, Johnny Forelli said:

It's more than obvious that he f***ed Floyd Hebert

I think it is more about sexual assault than having intercourse. Trevor seems to imply these kind of things but we never seen him actually have a serious sexual interaction with a male.

Mr. Raspberry Jam the teddy bear

Yes but what is interesting is that he seemed to put female underwear on the teddy bear (Mr Raspberry Jam is the name given by Floyd though, not Trevor). I would say he is a paraphilic than bisexual for doing a teddy bear but seeing how he only jokes around male who aren't traditionally masculine and has plenty of hookers leaving notes on his trucks, not to mention him chasing after Molly and Patricia, adding the fact that he dreams of having a wife and a secretary that does sexual favors for him makes me believe his preference tips more towards femininity and away from masculinity. 

Trevor is scene chasing down a guy in a car whilst apologizing for showing his c**k and says that he must have a kiss and is refusing to leave unless he has a kiss. Let's not forget that Trevor offered to have sex with Johnny the former leader of Lost MC too.

Same as Floyd case, he seems to mess around people that aren't aggressive as him. Also we know for a fact that he intended to hurt Johnny, not have sex with him. But it is confirmed that Trevor did have sex with Ashley. So evidently, Trevor has f*cked a female over male in that scenario.

My best friend thinks that Trevor just has sex with men to show dominance or to just mess with their minds.

Trevor is a character that is surrounded by more rumors than actual acts. This is intentional IMO. 

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Is Trevor bisexual or just controlling or is he both?

Well when Lamar calls him out on being gay for Michael, Trevor says that he doesn't go for male as a rule but again, vaguely implies that there has been exceptions. Again it seems more talk but nothing concrete. 

Edited by Ryo256

billiejoearmstrong8

When Franklin asks Trevor if he's gay he says "No, yes, labels man" and adds that whatever makes him happy is what he does. Another time he mentions to Franklin "I'd rather suck dick than smoke weed, and I've done both". And during the game we see that he's attracted to men and women, not just the prison sex dominating other men for power and benefits type stuff but also some more innocent flirting with Lamar etc. There's an interview with Steven Ogg where it was brought up and he says how he's received positive comments from some LGBT+ people about how his bisexuality doesn't define him and is just there as a part of his character, and other characters don't make a big deal about it. So yeah he isn't straight, he says no labels but bisexual or pansexual would be an accurate description.

He also uses his sexuality to gain power over and control others of course, and has some interesting fetishes. But it's more than just that, seems pretty obvious that the guy isn't straight and is intended to be perceived as not straight. Straight doesn't have to be the default for any character that doesn't explicitly state they're gay or bisexual, putting it across more subtly is a thing (just like how most straight characters don't explicitly state that they're straight, but smaller clues can tell us).

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

When Franklin asks Trevor if he's gay he says "No, yes, labels man" and adds that whatever makes him happy is what he does. Another time he mentions to Franklin "I'd rather suck dick than smoke weed, and I've done both".

Problem is that I never quite took what Trevor said that seriously. Steven Ogg has described him a man without a plan and so it seems Trevor just says whatever he likes sometime and sometime he's straight up bullsh*tting you. That said I want to point out that while Trevor's sexuality may not be entirely straight, he has shown to be attracted to Ashley, Denise, Patricia, Molly, Mary-Ann, Josh's wife and the usual booty calls/hookers he can interact with. The thing is there is no male counterpart to these examples. It's not quite like say Commander Shepard in ME3 who can romance a male interest should he wish to show he is bisexual. That said I think Trevor extremely likely to engage in homosexuality if he couldn't find a woman. Also I don't think he dominates women in prison-style like he does with men so I think it is more of a control mechanism and him being goofy than expressing his attraction. So I guess bi-curious maybe? 

Edited by Ryo256

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Ryo256 said:

Problem is that I never quite took what Trevor said that seriously. Steven Ogg has described him a man without a plan and so it seems Trevor just says whatever he likes sometime and sometime he's straight up bullsh*tting you. That said I want to point out that while Trevor's sexuality may not be entirely straight, he has shown to be attracted to Ashley, Denise, Patricia, Molly, Mary-Ann, Josh's wife and the usual booty calls/hookers he can interact with. The thing is there is no male counterpart to these examples. It's not quite like say Commander Shepard in ME3 who can romance a male interest should he wish to show he is bisexual. That said I think Trevor extremely likely to engage in homosexuality if he couldn't find a woman. Also I don't think he dominates women in prison-style like he does with men so I think it is more of a control mechanism and him being goofy than expressing his attraction. So I guess bi-curious maybe? 

I think it's fairly clearly stated that he's had sex with men as well as women. And that he's attracted to men as well as women (he isn't only intimidating Floyd, he's his boy toy lol, and his suggestive comments to other characters like Lamar and others are only half joking). And asked if he's gay he says "no, yes, labels man" "whatever makes me happy". It doesn't matter if he's more attracted to women than men or even if he's actually engaged in relationships or sex with men. If he's attracted to men and women he's bisexual or whatever other word you want to use to describe not only attracted to women, it doesn't need more qualifiers. If the man who played Trevor acknowledges that he's an LGBT+ character that seems pretty concrete to me.

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

I mean hes also attracted to old ass Patricia Madrazo so I think its safe to say he has unusual tastes

• Like 4

10 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I think it's fairly clearly stated that he's had sex with men as well as women. And that he's attracted to men as well as women (he isn't only intimidating Floyd, he's his boy toy lol, and his suggestive comments to other characters like Lamar and others are only half joking). And asked if he's gay he says "no, yes, labels man" "whatever makes me happy". It doesn't matter if he's more attracted to women than men or even if he's actually engaged in relationships or sex with men. If he's attracted to men and women he's bisexual or whatever other word you want to use to describe not only attracted to women, it doesn't need more qualifiers. If the man who played Trevor acknowledges that he's an LGBT+ character that seems pretty concrete to me.

I have a lot of say here but there is so much to unpack:

Spoiler

hWfpLeZ.jpg

So I am gonna pass:

Spoiler

jBIDCgA.png

With this parting gift:

Spoiler

• excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

Mr Philips The Gey

I think the mental health has to do with Trevor's sexual activity addiction, other than that it doesn't really bother me that much, (I'm 11 yrs. old lol) that it makes him the Trevor we all know 

Edited by mr phillips the great

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Ryo256 said:

I have a lot of say here but there is so much to unpack:

Hide contents

hWfpLeZ.jpg

So I am gonna pass:

Hide contents

With this parting gift:

Hide contents

I don't really know what the issue is. Bisexual doesn't mean equally attracted to men and women, it still "counts" however different the levels of attraction are. Characters' bisexuality gets erased/explained away all the time, same thing happens to bisexual people irl. I just think it's a bit of a shame to do that when it was a well done character trait imo and the actor himself has confirmed it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don't really know what the issue is. 

That's the issue, for me to elaborate what the issue is, I need to unpack how GTA as a whole handles LGBT+ characters and how writers did a great job at crafting a certain part of Trevor that sorta gets undermined if we just decide a few things based on your findings. It's similar to how I had to explain V mimicking SA before going to Johnny's death thing in the other thread and honestly I can't be bothered to write two body of texts before I make my point clear.....which is likely to get challenged again, making me realize that's not the hill I wanna die on today.

13 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I view it as if he wakes up in bed with either a woman or a man he's going to get some action either way.

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Ryo256 said:

That's the issue, for me to elaborate what the issue is, I need to unpack how GTA as a whole handles LGBT+ characters and how writers did a great job at crafting a certain part of Trevor that sorta gets undermined if we just decide a few things based on your findings. It's similar to how I had to explain V mimicking SA before going to Johnny's death thing in the other thread and honestly I can't be bothered to write two body of texts before I make my point clear.....which is likely to get challenged again, making me realize that's not the hill I wanna die on today.

Fair enough, we don't have to get into it

4 hours ago, Zello said:

I view it as if he wakes up in bed with either a woman or a man he's going to get some action either way.

Indeed lol. And an accurate word to describe that is bisexuality (or pansexuality I guess). I just don't think it has to be that complicated, yeah there's plenty more going on with his sexuality than just which genders he's attracted to but that doesn't mean you can't make the simple observation that he's a bi dude.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Cutter De Blanc

He also f*cks Mr. Raspberry Jam, or at least its strongly alluded to that he f*cked the bear

i love Trevor's special ability, he'll be so angry, but i still hate him, not because he is gay, because he always shout the word f..., he always tell to Ron "imma cut ur arm" or whatever he says, and he is really crazy, a psycho, he pees in the sidewalks, he take bowels on alleys instead in the Bathroom/Comfort Room

• 4 weeks later...
Johnny Forelli
On 10/7/2020 at 9:31 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don't really know what the issue is. Bisexual doesn't mean equally attracted to men and women, it still "counts" however different the levels of attraction are. Characters' bisexuality gets erased/explained away all the time, same thing happens to bisexual people irl. I just think it's a bit of a shame to do that when it was a well done character trait imo and the actor himself has confirmed it. 

I never had a problem with it, I have friends who are gay, trans, lesbian and what not.

I just wanted to know what Trevor's actual sexuality was because I wasn't sure if he is straight or likes men as well as women.

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Johnny Forelli said:

I never had a problem with it, I have friends who are gay, trans, lesbian and what not.

I just wanted to know what Trevor's actual sexuality was because I wasn't sure if he is straight or likes men as well as women.

Oh yes that wasn't directed at you, nothing wrong with your question at all. I agree with your point in the OP that he uses sexuality for control/dominance, and I guess there are times where a character is straight but does that just to control/intimidate other men. But with regard to the other points you bring up yeah, to me it definitely seems like he is bisexual, and the control/intimidation thing is just an additional thing he does.