4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

That Thread about US current events

Raavi

QAnon supporters are being told not to  update the cellphones waiting on a  text message from Trump   for there next attack, something to those words 

QAnon falsehoods move to text message chains - NBC News

xeeYa6U.jpg

This scarf has been an ongoing talk of the town in Sweden since the riots at the Capitol. It was found discarded on the ground outside the Capitol. The scarf is a rare scarf sent out from the swedish municipality of Skellefteå in a limited edition of only a 1000 copies some years ago. The question is: Who is the man wearing it and how did he get a hold of the scarf. Do you know who he is? One of Swedens largest evening newspapers Expressen ran this story tonight. They want any tips they can get about him. Source:

Sweden wants to know who the man in Skelleteå-scarf is!

Edited by Craigsters
On 1/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, Craigsters said:

he'll be lucky if he gets a bologna sandwich with  mildew on the meat and bread, let alone  organic food, starve you  idiot 

The way his mouth is open makes it look like he's about to receive somebody's money shot. As for Parler's site I assume it was either written in crayon or using Apple II Basic.

sorry for the double post, but this you've got to see, she's quite the character , the part that get's interesting is 8 minutes into the interview

Edited by Craigsters
Uncle Sikee Atric
42 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

sorry for the double post, but this you've got to see, she's quite the character , the part that get's interesting is 8 minutes into the interview

I've got dementia in my family as well....  Joe 'might' have issues with it longer term, but right now he hasn't.

I doubt he'll be up for a second term anyway.

Trump was just impeached in the house again.  First time in history a president has ever been impeached twice.  History!

Kind of hope we get to be part of some good history soon too.

Edited by trip

upper chamber of senate

17 minutes ago, trip said:

Trump was just impeached in the house again.  First time in history a president has ever been impeached twice.  History!

My neighbour said something about going to a  upper chamber of senate where evidence and people  have to  appear to finish the process  and  it well take two weeks to do so, is he right???

I'm reading else where that by Friday they have to convict him

Edited by Craigsters
12 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

upper chamber of senate

My neighbour said something about going to a  upper chamber of senate where evidence and people  have to  appear to finish the process  and  it well take two weeks to do so, is he right???

Yeah.  It has to go over to the senate now.  There is no set date but it is looking like it won't be until Trump is gone.  

The same neighbour  also said it is going to get violent in the states with the trump supporters  rioting etc

56 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

The same neighbour  also said it is going to get violent in the states with the trump supporters  rioting etc

Let's hope not.   I at least hope your every-day nut has been deterred by some of the arrests and NoFlyList videos and such.  I'm sure we will see small packs here and there, but nothing like The Capital riot last week.

And in another month I hope we can all take a deep breath and continue onward.

1 hour ago, trip said:

Isn't this is all just what he wants now though? The more he gets this sort of attention, the more he can't just fade away with history. Basically all he wanted from it all IMHO.

Not saying the muppet shouldn't be held accountable of course, just the quicker he's a forgotten fallen fool the better.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, trip said:

Let's hope not.   I at least hope your every-day nut has been deterred by some of the arrests and NoFlyList videos and such.  I'm sure we will see small packs here and there, but nothing like The Capital riot last week.

And in another month I hope we can all take a deep breath and continue onward.

Downtown DC is pretty much on lockdown. National guard, cops, feds, roadblocks. Cant really attempt anything.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Isn't this is all just what he wants now though? The more he gets this sort of attention, the more he can't just fade away with history. Basically all he wanted from it all IMHO.

Not saying the muppet shouldn't be held accountable of course, just the quicker he's a forgotten fallen fool the better.

I just don’t get how he ended being a right wing figurehead...it doesn’t make any sense to me...why would he leave the life he had to be that person?

He seemed a bit douchey but never gave off these vibes to me prior to politics...its offkey to me.

Edited by Halal Cyborg
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

I just don’t get how he ended being a right wing figurehead...it doesn’t make any sense to me...why would he leave the life he had to be that person?

He seemed a bit douchey but never gave off these vibes to me prior to politics...its offkey to me.

To be fair, other than to say he's just seems so arrogant and determined to be right in his mind, weather right or wrong outside of it, I don't know enough about the man really.

He just strikes me as a rotten egg, but one to have on side in the boardroom when looking to make money, lol. I never thought he'd make it when he went for the top job of President at all. He struck me as a weak leader in the sense that he would turn on anyone including his own to save his own skin asap and not one to 'take one for the team' so to speak. Not good credentials for President in my opinion, but again, I just don't know enough to really say much more.

It all just feels/felt a bit dream like to see he was actually the President. But unfortunately it's all just become a bit of a nightmare for the American people to see how it's all turning out at the end here. Hopefully things are much more peaceful going forward and during the handover etc.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Hopefully things are much more peaceful going forward and during the handover etc.

Let us hope that things turn around for the better.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Craigsters said:

That’s what every half nutty right wing boomer says.  But when push comes to shove they see others getting arrested, they see nothing changing, they’ll tuck tail and cry about their freedoms into their buckets of chicken.

• KEKW 1
make total destroy

The fascist creep isn't just going to disappear because some dudes get locked up on federal charges and Trump got impeached again. It may sway your average elderly Trump supporter, but it's not likely to deter the radicalized and motivated. In fact, it's more likely to have the opposite effect. 

• Like 2

Right? Do people seriously think that once Joe is in, that the terrorist attacks will just stop? f*ck no. They'll intensify. This is what you get for not stomping fascism down when it rears its ugly head. Now you gotta deal with the cancer that has spread through the entire body. Good luck, America. 

Oh look fascist Joe with the sweatshirt was arrested! Hurray! That'll show the other fascists you don't mess with good old US of A!

Edited by Tchuck
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Halal Cyborg said:

Egoism is a powerful thing. One thing that's often claimed about Trump is that he's always resented the upper-class elites of NY for never accepting him as one of their own; maybe he's got a weird daddy complex about that, which causes him to keep doubling down and trying to go bigger/better/brasher to "show" them or something.

And when you've lived your whole life without consequences, what's there to lose?

I always got the impression that until about 2016 Trump was a bit of a hanger-on, he had stints of affiliation with the Democrats, Libertarians and Republicans. He's never really exhibited much of a defined political identity throughout the majority of his life, though he's always had a bit of xenophobia/bigotry associated with him (such as getting in hot water with the New York authorities for refusing to let property to minorities).

As for "the life he had" questions remain over exactly how much of it is an illusion. The liquidity and viability of many of his companies has been up for debate for a long time now and the vultures were circling even before his presidency. But I don't really think the financial side of things is something he actually cares about that much; it's more about the prestige, power and authority over his fellow man he can exercise. My personal view is that he saw the presidency in a similar light; the ultimate "chairman of the board" governing a whole country. 

• Like 1

I don't think he'd love to live in Trump country either. Have you seen some of those Red States? 

He just used them to get to power. It was pretty smart the dems wouldn't support him if he ran as a Democrat and would have been treated as a joke candidate.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Zello said:

I don't think he'd love to live in Trump country either.

He just used them to get to power. It was pretty smart the dems wouldn't support him if he ran as a Democrat.

I agree...

See to me I see no reason why poor people would support Trump...He’s an archetypal rich dude they can’t relate to.

As Dave Chappelle said he’s not gonna fight for you you’re poor...he’s gonna fight for me I am rich.

Part of me feels the vilification of Trump is the only reason a dinosaur like Biden has been able to slip into the White House...a man with a dark past too in terms of racism.

Edited by Halal Cyborg
Pooka Mustard
3 hours ago, Halal Cyborg said:

Part of me feels the vilification of Trump is the only reason a dinosaur like Biden has been able to slip into the White House...a man with a dark past too in terms of racism.

That is indeed the general consensus. Biden is not really exciting as a candidate. He shows some promise but most of which he only showed a bit late in the elections game, but during the Democratic primaries there was practically no reason to go for him over Bernie or others like Yang.

Now the Democratic primaries are over and Bernie has conceded, and it was now Biden or Trump. If you hated Trump, you couldn't care less if the Democrats had Bernie, Biden or even a wooden doll run for presidency, you would have voted for the Democratic candidate. You could say that the next four years is a test for Biden, and whether he is fit to lead in 24-28 or if people will find him useless and look for someone else. Hopefully not another Republican nobody on this entire planet needs four more years of those lunatics.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, sivispacem said:

Firstly, the fact that minorities are over-represented in crime, or violent crime, doesn't implicitly justify a higher rate of police shooting. It's noteworthy in my view that unarmed black Americans are something like 3 times as likely to be killed by law enforcement that white Americans.

And this is really the main point. I don't know why people keep refuting this. On top of that, why do people feel like responding "well they likely resist arrest/did something stupid" is a good argument as if that really justifies their death. Unbelievable.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Halal Cyborg said:

See to me I see no reason why poor people would support Trump...He’s an archetypal rich dude they can’t relate to.

He had scapegoats, that's all you need. With a scapegoat you can win over anyone who isn't well informed. Plus, while I am not well versed in his speeches I assume the way he spoke, the words he used made an impact on his listeners.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

He had scapegoats, that's all you need. With a scapegoat you can win over anyone who isn't well informed. Plus, while I am not well versed in his speeches I assume the way he spoke, the words he used made an impact on his listeners.

He's got the speeches of a car salesman.  Tell the customer (people) what they want to hear (be it true or not) and it usually works.

• KEKW 2
8 hours ago, Halal Cyborg said:

a man with a dark past too in terms of racism.

What "dark past" does Biden have with racism? I know he supported legislation that's disproportionately negatively affected minorities, but much of that is down to how the law is implemented rather than the letter of it, and even if this weren't the case I don't think it's indicative of any kind of racial prejudice. 

• excuseme 1
2 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

And this is really the main point. I don't know why people keep refuting this. On top of that, why do people feel like responding "well they likely resist arrest/did something stupid" is a good argument as if that really justifies their death. Unbelievable.

Probably because that's good advice. Don't resist arrest. Don't do dumb sh*t like steal an officer's taser and attack him with it. Good advice is important and has the potential to save lives. If you're going to teach people to resist the police as much as they can, no doubt this will lead to harmful outcomes. If you think black lives matter, teach people not to resist arrest. You'll save lives that way.

Edited by Eutyphro
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1