3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Preorder Disc

captainrootbeard

Howdy folks, I stumbled across a preorder disc for Vice City. I've had it on display, but was considering opening it because I don't actually know what the bonus skin that comes with it looks like. Are the preorder skins just those that came with the Japanese release? Much appreciated if anyone has the information. 

Edited by captainrootbeard

@captainrootbeard hello, yes, those skins were pre-order exclusives but later they were released with the Japanese version of the game and later made available for download from the official GTA VC website. Would you share a pic of the disc you have? :) 

Edited by RIDE2DAY
captainrootbeard

@RIDE2DAY Sure thing, I ended up opening it and checking out the contents. https://i.imgur.com/HLms9el.jpeg

The disc contains the skin 'tache," here called "ebgames_exclusive_tommy_skin."  What I found most interesting about it is that the wallpapers contained within are all of Avery Carrington, which lead me to believe the skin is tribute to his voice actor, Burt Reynolds.

I suspect the Gamestop variant may house wallpapers of Phil Cassidy; making "wild" a tribute to Gary Busey. You wouldn't be at all interested in cracking your Gamestop variant open for the purposes of verifying a theory and the making of a video, would you? I desire to make a video enlightening the origin of these skins. Especially considering they may have more significance than previously thought. 

Edited by captainrootbeard
On 10/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, captainrootbeard said:

@RIDE2DAY Sure thing, I ended up opening it and checking out the contents. https://i.imgur.com/HLms9el.jpeg

The disc contains the skin 'tache," here called "ebgames_exclusive_tommy_skin."  What I found most interesting about it is that the wallpapers contained within are all of Avery Carrington, which lead me to believe the skin is tribute to his voice actor, Burt Reynolds.

I suspect the Gamestop variant may house wallpapers of Phil Cassidy; making "wild" a tribute to Gary Busey. You wouldn't be at all interested in cracking your Gamestop variant open for the purposes of verifying a theory and the making of a video, would you? I desire to make a video enlightening the origin of these skins. Especially considering they may have more significance than previously thought. 

Thanks for the pic, I haven't seen the design of those discs before. Your theory about the tribute to the voice actors seems really good actually, both skins are similar to their voice actors, I didn't notice that until now. I'm sure that GameStop and EB Games pre-order skins are different, so yes, the GS one must have the Wild skin. I rather keep it sealed for now to be honest since I can source both skins online. Probably the disc I have has the same design with the GS logo, I can send a few pics of the sealed copy if you need them for the video.

I'd be interested on buying your EB Games disc if you consider selling it.

Kind regards.

• 6 months later...
Adrian51399

When you pre-ordered and received the game, did the Gamestop/EB games Exclusive Grand Theft Auto Vice City Skin Disc come separate or was it physically inside the big box retail copy of Gta Vice City when you guys were unboxing the game? I'm just curious.

Also, what's the difference between the Gamestop and EB games version of the skin disc if there are any? ( Country, region, or just simply the store's name? ).

• Like 2
Adrian51399
On 10/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, RIDE2DAY said:

Thanks for the pic, I haven't seen the design of those discs before. Your theory about the tribute to the voice actors seems really good actually, both skins are similar to their voice actors, I didn't notice that until now. I'm sure that GameStop and EB Games pre-order skins are different, so yes, the GS one must have the Wild skin. I rather keep it sealed for now to be honest since I can source both skins online. Probably the disc I have has the same design with the GS logo, I can send a few pics of the sealed copy if you need them for the video.

I'd be interested on buying your EB Games disc if you consider selling it.

Kind regards.

May I see the skin disc with the Game Stop logo? I'm a huge Vice City fanatic. If one day you ever decide to sell your Game Stop Vice City skin disc (factory sealed is worth extra) in the future, name the price and I'll pay you good money for it.

Edited by Adrian51399
3 hours ago, Adrian51399 said:

May I see the skin disc with the Game Stop logo? I'm a huge Vice City fanatic. If one day you ever decide to sell your Game Stop Vice City skin disc (factory sealed is worth extra) in the future, name the price and I'll pay you good money for it.

I don't have close pics of it but you can spot it here with some other items I own:

I think the only design difference is the logo and the skin they contain.

As far as I know, the skin CDs were not in the box with the game, they were given away separately.

Edited by RIDE2DAY
  • Like 2