4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Make GTA IV ignore EFLC music?

BrynnaDaRosa

BrynnaDaRosa

I finally got GTA IV to work after i bought it a few days ago and had to troubleshoot with R* support, and listen... I enjoy K109 the Studio like nobody else I know. But TLAD's additions to Liberty Rock Radio have GOT to go. I heard some of it in the cutscene at the apartment and I just had to skip. Couldn't deal. Vibes are OFF!!! I will sacrifice Renegade and China Grove because I just cannot deal with the rest of it. That's how important this is. More important than getting the old music back, with all the fixes not working for the moment.

Anybody know what I can do?

Yeah I also am (apparently one of the few) very against the addition of EFLC BGM to the original IV as it totally ruins the atmosphere in my opinion. Music, especially in a GTA game, is extremely important to me and a defining factor towards creating a certain mood/vibe/atmosphere. Hence why when I play GTA IV I'd like to listen to Eastern European rap and dance music, and when I play EFLC I'd like to listen to western dance and electronica. Anything else just feels wrong. Also, the new songs added to already-existing stations like LRR, The Beat 102.7 and SJS too, even though they still sort of match the theme of their original IV counterparts, it just feels wrong to hear tracks Love Lockdown, Suavemente, Wanted Dead or Alive, Free Ride or Arab Money in the original IV. I guess maybe because I am so used to hearing them in their respective episodes, but also because to me those songs just only work in TBOGT or TLAD. I don't exactly know how to properly explain it. It just feels that way.

Even though I legitimately own the game on Steam, this was such a huge deal breaker for me that I resorted to just pirating the original version as it seems no one has realy looked into this much at all. And if so, no restoration modification seemingly has been made and I bet probably won't be made in a while as it seems the majority of the community is on-board with this decision.

I wish Rockstar did the right thing and just de-listed the game - like literally any other studio/publisher would do - instead of completely butchering it to high hell.

Edited by CarsonGT
  • Like 2
Ash_735

Just downgrade your game to an earlier version then, go to a point where they were split IV + EFLC again. I'm sure you guys already know but this is how Rockstar intended for it to be anyway, IV + DLC on consoles and the old PC version would combine the radio into slots so it would mix for everyone. It was only split for EFLC which I guess became the norm for PC gamers, so now that it's back to the original style it feels "wrong".

• Like 2

Spoiler

Open up setup2.xml in both DLCs folders and remove:

<content>
        <name>The Ballad of Gay Tony</name>
        <id>3</id>
        <audiometadata>e2_radio.xml</audiometadata> 
        <enabled />
    </content>

and the TLAD equivalent. Radios will only play IV music now. EFLC music will still play in their respective interiors (EFLC K109 in Hercules, EFLC Vladivostok in Bahama Mamas, etc...)

Jump to new comment:

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 6
BrynnaDaRosa
5 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Just downgrade your game to an earlier version then, go to a point where they were split IV + EFLC again. I'm sure you guys already know but this is how Rockstar intended for it to be anyway, IV + DLC on consoles and the old PC version would combine the radio into slots so it would mix for everyone. It was only split for EFLC which I guess became the norm for PC gamers, so now that it's back to the original style it feels "wrong".

Is there even a way to do that with the RGL version though? :(

BrynnaDaRosa
On 9/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, B Dawg said:

<content>
        <id>3</id>
        <enabled />
    </content>

and the TLAD equivalent. Radios will only play IV music now. EFLC music will still play in their respective interiors (EFLC K109 in Hercules, EFLC Vladivostok in Bahama Mamas, etc...)

Worked PERFECTLY! I absolutely did NOT do this to tbogt, though, just tlad. Love k109 far too much. I cant thank you enough. Only the best of LRR!!! (well, except for 1979 💔)

Edited by BrynnaDaRosa
Ash_735
1 hour ago, BrynnaDaRosa said:

Only the best of LRR!!! (well, except for 1979 💔)

There's a downgrader patch in the works in the modding section that restores all the cut content (and fixes a few audio issues like the missing menu music, etc) but it's still in testing at the moment due to issues with Vladivostok FM (since the patch gives multiple options for it like just Old, Old+DLC, Old+DLC+New, etc).

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

There's a downgrader patch in the works in the modding section that restores all the cut content (and fixes a few audio issues like the missing menu music, etc) but it's still in testing at the moment due to issues with Vladivostok FM (since the patch gives multiple options for it like just Old, Old+DLC, Old+DLC+New, etc).

Spoiler

😳 Flushed Face Emoji

Edited by CarsonGT
  • 2 weeks later...
Reizov
On 9/21/2020 at 7:12 PM, B Dawg said:

<content>
        <id>3</id>
        <enabled />
    </content>

Hmm, is there a way to do it with ignoring IV music but keeping the EFLC music? Of course keeping the IV exclusives like Fusion FM, Classics etc.

I tried doing it by myself by going into the rpf.xml file.

By removing the lines that are something like this:

-<Rpf>

<Name>radio_hardcore</Name>

<Type>rpf</Type>

<Alias>radio_hardcore</Alias>

</Rpf>

Everything was ok, EFLC radios played fine for now, didn't see any issue. Until I listened LCHC from the EFLC version, It's just plays an advert which I'm pretty sure that wasn't suppose to happen and then it goes silent and also In Lost MC clubhouse It is silent as well. The music played of course, but when the radio ended, It played the advert and then silence.

Is there a way to fix this? Or I am doing something wrong? 

TheOriginalGunslinger

I don’t mind it really. Knowing those songs are on the airwaves kind of feels cool in my opinion considering within the game world the stories of TLAD and TBoGT are included as well but like separate (obviously due to the fact that there was never a character switch wheel) but all songs are playing within the game’s world if that makes sense. However, I can agree with your post to be honest as well so I can see where you are coming from. :^:

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
lilchris131

Never had a problem with this mostly, only Vladivostok additions from EFLC got on my tits as it ruins Niko’s early story with having tracks that are completely irrelevant to that radio station (IMO). Not to mention that the length of these tracks delayed the blasted news stories which I like to hear.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
B Dawg

I've figured out how to disable episodic music from playing in IV, without disabling it in the episodes themselves. Basically, e1/2_radio.xml applies to all games, while e1/2_audio.xml applies only to the episode it belongs to. The solution is to just move all the data lines from _radio.xml over to _audio.xml (with the exception of <noloadingtune />)

Download

(Bonus: it also disables the Funkmaster Flex segment from playing on The Beat 102.7 as it does not fit in TLAD, if you don't want it disabled, remove EP1_SFX2 line from ep1_audio.xml)

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 3
B Dawg
On 11/20/2020 at 2:56 PM, B Dawg said:

I've figured out how to disable episodic music from playing in IV, without disabling it in the episodes themselves. Basically, e1/2_radio.xml applies to all games, while e1/2_audio.xml applies only to the episode it belongs to. The solution is to just move all the data lines from _radio.xml over to _audio.xml (with the exception of <noloadingtune />)

Download Patch 7/8 - CE

(Bonus: it also disables the Funkmaster Flex segment from playing on The Beat 102.7 as it does not fit in TLAD, if you don't want it disabled, remove EP1_SFX2 line from ep1_audio.xml)

If anyone downloaded this before, redownload it as I had accidentally broke episodic weapon sounds. It's fixed now.

• Like 2

I don't have the GTAIV music in the episodes since I have a non-steam version. Anyway to add the base IV music to them?

B Dawg
9 hours ago, Yinepi said:

I don't have the GTAIV music in the episodes since I have a non-steam version. Anyway to add the base IV music to them?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Mez352

Same i'm still waiting for this, kinda sucks how you have to listen to all of eflc vladivostok to get to the iv songs, all because its one big mix

B Dawg
28 minutes ago, Mez352 said:

Same i'm still waiting for this, kinda sucks how you have to listen to all of eflc vladivostok to get to the iv songs, all because its one big mix

What are you waiting for? Scroll up.

Mez352
6 hours ago, B Dawg said:

What are you waiting for? Scroll up.

sorry i was meant to quote @Kubigz about EFLC songs playing first when merged

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, B Dawg said:

Download Patch 7/8 (DLC folder setup) - CE

Completely replaced all og files with yours but still have DLC radios in IV. Also don't have a system xml originally, any idea? Using steam version

Zed_Bosniak91

If you cant just buy cheap 2nd hand PS3 on internet and play the game offline. 

• 2 weeks later...
Panzermann11
On 11/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, B Dawg said:

Download

How about my alternative:  EFLC songs for Radio Broker, The Beat, Liberty Rock and The Studio can play in both the original and EFLC, but only alternative EFLC versions of stations play in EFLC?

ProfitTP

On 11/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, B Dawg said:

Download

This works, except I'm trying to re-enable the Funkmaster Flex segment and having issues. I want it to play during TBoGT (TLAD too if it must, I won't be playing that) but this step isn't working for me. Any help?

Edited by ProfitTP
B Dawg

You have to enable TLAD music in Tbogt to have it. I haven't tested it, but e2_audio_tbogt should look like this I think:

Spoiler

<EpisodeTwo>
  <game content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_game.dat</game>
  <sounds content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <curves content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_curves.dat</curves>
  <speech content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SPEECH.rpf</wavepack>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SCRIPTED_SPEECH.rpf</wavepack>
  <category_patch content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/categories.dat</category_patch>
  <game content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_game.dat</game> 
  <sounds content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <speech content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/sfx/EP1_SFX.rpf</wavepack>
  <game content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_game.dat</game> 
  <sounds content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <speech content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SFX.rpf</wavepack>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SFX2.rpf</wavepack>
  <staticbank content="ascii">EP2_SFX\EP2_RESIDENT</staticbank>
</EpisodeTwo>

ProfitTP
21 hours ago, B Dawg said:

You have to enable TLAD music in Tbogt to have it. I haven't tested it, but e2_audio_tbogt should look like this I think:

Reveal hidden contents

<EpisodeTwo>
  <game content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_game.dat</game>
  <sounds content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <curves content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_curves.dat</curves>
  <speech content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SPEECH.rpf</wavepack>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SCRIPTED_SPEECH.rpf</wavepack>
  <category_patch content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/categories.dat</category_patch>
  <game content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_game.dat</game> 
  <sounds content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <speech content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_radio_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/sfx/EP1_SFX.rpf</wavepack>
  <game content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_game.dat</game> 
  <sounds content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_sounds.dat</sounds>
  <speech content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/config/ep2_radio_speech.dat</speech>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SFX.rpf</wavepack>
  <wavepack content="ascii">e2:/pc/audio/sfx/EP2_SFX2.rpf</wavepack>
  <staticbank content="ascii">EP2_SFX\EP2_RESIDENT</staticbank>
</EpisodeTwo>

Thank you! I was just able to test it and that did the trick.