2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Hogwarts Legacy

el carlitos

Yeah, this has jumped pretty high on my most anticipated games list. I just wonder how much of Hogwarts will be explorable. I imagine the whole building will be available to an extent, but how many corridors are just filled with locked doors? I mean, I imagine it'll be pretty impressive either way but the inclusion of so much outside of Hogwarts has me slightly worried that the school won't be as massive and detailed as I'd hoped.

They better let me play some quidditch though, regardless. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheJesus1996 said:

Here's hoping it's a single player immersive experience and not a mmo live service...

Everything about the description of the game and its story makes it sound like a single player game, and various sites reporting on it are calling it that, but it's super weird that Portkey never actually says that it's a single player game anywhere on the official site. Not even in the FAQ.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, DexMacLeod said:

Everything about the description of the game and its story makes it sound like a single player game, and various sites reporting on it are calling it that, but it's super weird that Portkey never actually says that it's a single player game anywhere on the official site. Not even in the FAQ.

Man I hope so if not I'm gonna loose all my interest just like what happened with The Avengers game.

• Like 1

I'm only interested in the game if it's single player. Actually, I'm stoked. But if not, my interest evaporates instantaneously.

• Like 5

On 9/18/2020 at 1:30 AM, DexMacLeod said:

Q: Is Hogwarts Legacy an original story?

A: Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world, single-player, action role-playing videogame (RPG) set in the 1800s wizarding world. The story has players experiencing life as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry like never before, as they live the unwritten and embark on a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world.

https://hogwartslegacy.warnerbrosgames.com/faq

I can't wait to see actual gameplay of this game:)

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kris194 said:

Q: Is Hogwarts Legacy an original story?

A: Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world, single-player, action role-playing videogame (RPG) set in the 1800s wizarding world. The story has players experiencing life as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry like never before, as they live the unwritten and embark on a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world.

https://hogwartslegacy.warnerbrosgames.com/faq

I can't wait to see actual gameplay of this game:)

Oh that's great to hear, I only read the PS blog post and they didn't mention any of this. 

A Hogwarts open world game similar to Bully is one of my dream games, hopefully it delivers...

On 9/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, DexMacLeod said:

Yeah, this has jumped pretty high on my most anticipated games list. I just wonder how much of Hogwarts will be explorable. I imagine the whole building will be available to an extent, but how many corridors are just filled with locked doors? I mean, I imagine it'll be pretty impressive either way but the inclusion of so much outside of Hogwarts has me slightly worried that the school won't be as massive and detailed as I'd hoped.

They better let me play some quidditch though, regardless. ;)

I can see most of it being explorable but I do think they'll be some locked doors with cut/hidden content behind them (like in every open-world game). Yeah, they've got to add quidditch as a minigame. 

Edited by FortifiedGooner86

Cutter De Blanc

An open world game (hell yeah) 

based on a series of novels written by renowned author J.K. Rowling (hell no)

18 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

An open world game (hell yeah) 

based on a series of novels written by renowned author J.K. Rowling (hell no)

What the hell did you expect from a game set in the Harry Potter universe?

Cutter De Blanc
25 minutes ago, Yokelsson said:

What the hell did you expect from a game set in the Harry Potter universe?

Hope the writing is better than the books!

Something's telling me that you've not even read the books and that you're simply jumping on the "let's hate J.K.Rowling" bandwagon.

Try to be original in your thinking and opinions.

• Like 1

In fairness, J.K Rowling has done nothing but give people reasons to think she's a bit of a twat. There's a reason WB have had to distance the game from her after the announcement.

The game does look fantastic though, I'm very interested to see more of it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jason said:

In fairness, J.K Rowling has done nothing but give people reasons to think she's a bit of a twat. There's a reason WB have had to distance the game from her after the announcement.

Where's the sense in criticizing her writing, though? Especially if the person who's criticizing her hasn't even read her books. That's just stupidity for stupidity's sake.

Edited by Yokelsson
  • Like 5

I really don't care about J.K to be quite honest. I just wanted a open-world RPG Harry Potter game and there is one so that's amazing.  Also, it has been stated that she doesn't have anything to do with the game so I don't know why people are rivaled up. If you like the series it doesn't mean you have to like the author, so just be happy this game is coming out if you're a fan.

Otherwise, I'm hoping that the game will do well so they have the incentive to make a sequel

Edited by MarshDanni
  • Like 1

Cutter De Blanc
On 9/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, Yokelsson said:

Something's telling me that you've not even read the books and that you're simply jumping on the "let's hate J.K.Rowling" bandwagon.

Try to be original in your thinking and opinions.

Something tells you wrong. I read a couple of them. Her writing is mediocre at best. 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Something tells you wrong. I read a couple of them. Her writing is mediocre at best. 

And I totally, totally believe your every word.

• KEKW 1

• 5 weeks later...

Robert Galbraith,  no  George Elliot, is She/he

Game looks well. Magical

Edited by Failed Again

• 1 year later...

It's looking ambitious and very in-depth in terms of the exploration, combat and crafting, looks great.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

I aint a HP fan at all but that looks like a whole load of fun. Definitely picking that one up bar some catastrophic reviews.

Grichka Bogdanoff

I don't want to get hyped bros...

I'll just pretend this doesn't exist until it releases or so then go fully blind in it.

• Best Bru 1

Best way with any entertainment these days tbh. Watch the first one or two trailers to get a gauge for it, wait for reviews, then buy. Going in nearly completely blind makes for such a more interesting playthrough.

• Like 3

Space Cowboy

It looks phenomenal. It feels like a dream come true for many of us. I am loving the art style, the attention to details, and the environments and combat look fun as well. Although HP games have always been kinda mediocre, they have been my guilty pleasure since forever. And this game genuinely looks excellent in all areas, vastly above what any HP game accomplished. There is no denying that HP fans will love it, but if the game has some genuine qualities besides of what we have seen already, it might just attract a wide audience too. From what I've seen it definitely caught the eye of people outside HP fanbase.

It's hard to keep my expectations low... but I gotta say I've never been more excited for a game before lol. 

• Like 1

Between this (phenomenal gameplay trailer!) and Starfield AND Breath of the Wild 2 ... wow, we have what should be one of the best Holiday gaming line-up in like forever? Now I really hope these games don't come out within weeks from each other!

I think I am not the only one having waited for/dreamt about such a Harry Potter game for 20 years and it's finally coming to reality! Oh man, I'm so excited.

PS.: Dynamic season changes as the school year progresses ... yes, THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ... one of Bully's best features is making a return in video games. Here's hoping for seasonal events and decorations all throughout Hogwarts Castle (Christmas, Halloween, ...).

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 1

Mister Pink
On 3/18/2022 at 5:58 PM, Emmi said:

PS.: Dynamic season changes as the school year progresses ... yes, THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ... one of Bully's best features is making a return in video games. Here's hoping for seasonal events and decorations all throughout Hogwarts Castle (Christmas, Halloween, ...).

I was really delighted to see seasonal changes. 

I haven't watched any HP films or read any books but I'm tempted to watch the films in anticipation of this game. 

I'm curious as to how much time will pass in the game and if there will be a way to keep exploring the world after the story's ended. Since we'll only be a student for three years will we experience that three years and that's it or does the whole game just take place over one school year?

Either way, it'd seem weird to just sort of wander around Hogwarts after we've graduated or over the course of an "endless summer".