3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why do you like RDR2?

MuscleS

Hey there fellow outlaws, my name is Nik and I'm working on a cool 3D motion design project about RDR2.
I am a RDR2 player myself and love discussing the game as much as the next guy, but now I'm in need of your help guys!
I'm just trying to understand what you guys like the most about the game, so I can apply this in my video :)
Will be very thankful if you can help me!

Let's start:
1. Why do you like RDR2 the most?
2. Who's your favorite hero in the game? I think I know the answer, but still :D
3. What do you like doing in the game the most?
4. The game is very beautiful, full of various colours - so, what colour schemes do you like the most in RDR2? I know it might hard to answer this question, so here are a few examples:
E.g. epic orange of sunset, or desert at solstice. Or you can just name the colours you admire the most in the game :)
5. Weather. Since most of the colours are changing with weather and the weather is one of the most remarkable things in the game, could you, please,
tell me what weather in the game do you like and why?

The mood. As you already might understand, the reason behind all of this "information collection" (this phrase sounds horrible, I know) is to create a right mood for my upcoming video.
I've attached a few great mood pictures and will appreciate if you can share some of yours, that would be superb!

A little disclaimer: I'm not forcing anyone on answering these questions, just trying to create an unusual, fun and informative discussion!

I will be posting updates soon, so will be happy to share if you guys are interested!
Your health *sip*

P.S. Will be more than happy to PM someone and talk about RDR2 :)

Spoiler

Screenshot-2.png
9.png
Ae3.jpg

Edited by MuscleS
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!
It's been two weeks since I started working on the RDR2 3D Motion Graphics video. Those were the most intensive weeks in my life I must say, but it is extremely interesting since I've never done this before. Not even a bit.
I guess now I'm playing RDR2 on the next level!

Here's how it goes. The process of creating a 3D motion graphic video is like building a spaceship, but harder :D
It all starts with a rough visualization of your idea. It includes basic objects, their animation and the composition.

spacer.png

This is one of the first shots and the objects in it represent the base elements of the game - shooting, exploring, collecting, gold - the cornerstone of western.

spacer.png

You probably already got the idea of what this shot represents - desert. That's right, where do you think you can find another mesa? :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can you imagine making RDR2 based video and not including Arthur Morgan in it? I cannot.

spacer.png

What are those cubes and stuff you ask? The answer is - abstractionism. I wanted to stick to abstract vision of RDR 2 since that's one of the main principles of motion graphics. But hey, it's still a RDR2 video and it's a rough visualization.

So, what do you guys think? Do you find that interesting?

To be continued.. of course! Thanks everyone!

Edited by MuscleS
Change text
  • Like 3
hugh750

i like the good story, and the dialog choices.

you can start a conversation by being nice one minute and next minute being mean (they can sometimes be funny).

and the bar fights in the saloons.🤣

• Like 1
Taterman
4 hours ago, hugh750 said:

i like the good story, and the dialog choices.

you can start a conversation by being nice one minute and next minute being mean (they can sometimes be funny).

and the bar fights in the saloons.🤣

Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta hit that "Antagonize" button.

In the epilogue, I recently antagonized Abigail while she was playing piano.  😃     Good stuff.

John's haircut

Mostly bc it's the best shooter in terms of realism and "aftermath of a fight". Yes the gunplay is sometimes clunky and hard to enjoy against too many NPCs but holy sh*t the dynamic blood (it's pr0n), artery shots, flesh wounds, dynamic wounds (the blood taking more and more space around the bullet wound) blood/mud/snow on clothes/horses are totally astonishing. It's a Tarantino movie, in dead eye you can hear the bullets penetrate the bodies exactly like a Tarantino. A really mature atmosphere. Story was basic and easily guessed but sooo natural like the transitions at the start or end of a mission is gorgeously done. I'm tired of hunting bc I did it too much in games but it's beautiful, animals are so detailed. And you can talk to everyboy for f*ck's sake ! GtaV looks like Fortnite in comparison. The first month of playing felt so freacking real.

My biggest issues are John that looks like a bad clone of Arthur and the boring end game. Like seriously they could randomize bounty hunting missions or other activities so we could still have fun.

Hope my english isn't too bad.

• Like 2
Caffeination

Not sure how to explain it, but the gameplay and its pacing, the shooting and crafting, the emotional attachment you form with your horse as it's your only ally in the wild, the vast beautiful landscapes and littered amount of interesting places you can go... It all amounts up. When I truly get immersed in the game, I feel at ease, thus making me enjoy and appreciate the game.

• Like 3
Taterman
4 hours ago, John's haircut said:

Mostly bc it's the best shooter in terms of realism and "aftermath of a fight". Yes the gunplay is sometimes clunky and hard to enjoy against too many NPCs but holy sh*t the dynamic blood (it's pr0n), artery shots, flesh wounds, dynamic wounds (the blood taking more and more space around the bullet wound) blood/mud/snow on clothes/horses are totally astonishing. It's a Tarantino movie, in dead eye you can hear the bullets penetrate the bodies exactly like a Tarantino. A really mature atmosphere. Story was basic and easily guessed but sooo natural like the transitions at the start or end of a mission is gorgeously done. I'm tired of hunting bc I did it too much in games but it's beautiful, animals are so detailed. And you can talk to everyboy for f*ck's sake ! GtaV looks like Fortnite in comparison. The first month of playing felt so freacking real.

My biggest issues are John that looks like a bad clone of Arthur and the boring end game. Like seriously they could randomize bounty hunting missions or other activities so we could still have fun.

Hope my english isn't too bad.

Great post and I totally agree with the bold. John just doesn't have  enough of a personality and I miss bounty hunting too. I wish more would pop up or something other than finishing the dinosaur bones...

And your English is fine.

ETA: I don't mean to sound negative about the game at all. It's probably my favorite game ever. I'm in the epilogue now but already planning another playthrough and probably 100% completion.

Edited by Taterman
  • YEE 1

The environment and the perfectionism on animation, characters (voice acting and such), horses, gunfights and all the details. In no other game horse riding is so satisfying.

• Like 2
guerilla_man

what I like about RDR2.

The graphics are so realistic.

the massive number of animals and other things to do to fill up the trapper is amazing!

Plus you get all these side activities to complete!

I am currently up to the epilogue after 6 full days of hours of playing and still got loads to do.

My trapper I spent hours of filling up pelts and hunting animal pelts and still even by the epilogue almost finished the story Got so many pelts to hand in and garments .

I think the game is designed to always give you something to do no matter how many hours you play . You always got something to do.

Hunting is legendary in this game! This is what I like the most!

• Like 1
Taterman
7 hours ago, guerilla_man said:

what I like about RDR2.

The graphics are so realistic.

the massive number of animals and other things to do to fill up the trapper is amazing!

Plus you get all these side activities to complete!

I am currently up to the epilogue after 6 full days of hours of playing and still got loads to do.

My trapper I spent hours of filling up pelts and hunting animal pelts and still even by the epilogue almost finished the story Got so many pelts to hand in and garments .

I think the game is designed to always give you something to do no matter how many hours you play . You always got something to do.

Hunting is legendary in this game! This is what I like the most!

You finished chapters 1-6 and made it to the epilogue in 6 hours?!?!?

Hey everyone, thank you for answers, I really appreciate that!

Another week gone and here I am with a new portion of fresh screenshots :)

The last post was about creating a rough visualization of the ideas I had in mind. So, following the path - this time I'll tell you about the next stage.
This week my main task was to replace all those cubes and blocks with final models. Some had to be modeled by my own hands, but hey.. western is a quite popular topic, which is really great for me as modelling everything by hand is super time consuming.

e9f7755a-05be-4104-a4c4-31b659ab5cf1.png

5c9ceea6-09dd-4e1d-8c98-6cd3892b8367.png

A desert town. Before and after.
So, as you can see all of these houses were just blocks and cubes, but look at them now, this is pure magic.

be9a012c-dc77-412e-aed6-ec4b4cd8fa9b.png

Explosives, safe, gun and booze. Do you see where this is going? Hehe

dd34502e-c97f-434e-8117-03031083b430.png

So, where's madam Nazar today? Need to bring all of those cards, rings and coins back :D

In the next week I'll tell you about the most interesting stage - creating a brand RDR2 look - volumetric lighting, texturing and the purest magic.
As always thank you for your attention guys! Happy to share all of that new experience with you.

Edited by MuscleS
Small changes
  • Like 4
HeyThereFriend

1. Why do you like RDR2 the most?

It's not my favorite video game of all time, that title belongs to Fallout New Vegas. However it did do the unthinkable and take Mass Effect 2's place as my second favorite video game of all time. Why do I love it though? It's hard to put into a few sentences but I'll try. I love the world and it's diversity, it has everything, desert, swamps, grasslands, old time classic towns like Rhodes, a tropical island and a whole freaking city...in an RDR game, just wow. The characters are amazing, all of them. Even Agent Milton is a well done villain. The story is beautifully told. The immersion is just insane, I've never been so immersed in a game before.

2. Who's your favorite hero in the game? I think I know the answer, but still 

John Marston. Enough Said. Best Voice In Gaming Ever!

3. What do you like doing in the game the most?

Playing through the story and free roaming as Arthur or John

4. The game is very beautiful, full of various colours - so, what colour schemes do you like the most in RDR2? I know it might hard to answer this question, so here are a few examples:
E.g. epic orange of sunset, or desert at solstice. Or you can just name the colours you admire the most in the game 

I'd say the orange look to Lemoyne.

5. Weather. Since most of the colours are changing with weather and the weather is one of the most remarkable things in the game, could you, please,
tell me what weather in the game do you like and why?

I like clear weather the most, completely opposite from real life, I enjoy overcast in real life. I don't know why my preference in game is so different from real life.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

I enjoyed RDR1 because it was pretty much a spaghetti western movie, and I've had never see anything like that before in a video game (not with the same quality at least).

RDR2 is not a spaghetti western, but I enjoyed the "redemption" journey of the game a lot more. As much as I love John Marston, I have to admit that Arthur Morgan is a more releatable character and it's very easy to get attached to him. Plus the soundtrack in this game is simply outstanding.

Edited by Gamarra
  • Like 2
Jabalous

The nature, the scenic views, the wilderness and the sense of individualism, mystery and adventure are why I like the Red Dead Redemption series. It happens that Westerns have all of those qualities!

• Like 3
On 10/10/2020 at 7:35 AM, Taterman said:

Impossible. He said 6 full days of hours playing the game.

Edited by Dan_1983
  • Like 1
Taterman
3 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

Impossible. He said 6 full days of hours playing the game.

Thanks, I must have misread it.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:04 PM, Peckinpah said:

I'll just get straight to the point.

I really f*cking like westerns.

Couldn't have said it any better. The only thing i hate about RDRII is i can't sleep with Mary Linton :(  :( :( :( :(.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mac- said:

Couldn't have said it any better. The only thing i hate about RDRII is i can't sleep with Mary Linton :(  :( :( :( :(.

You old dog, Cogburn ;) 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
guerilla_man
On 10/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Taterman said:

it took me like 6 full days game hours from chapter 1-6.from prologue to epilogue..

that's like 120+ hours or over of gameplay.

But I done heaps of hunting for the trapper.

Edited by guerilla_man
  • Like 1
guerilla_man

it's really good the number of side activities you can do and makes you feel you are immersed within a real american frontier realistic western world.

You got all the settings for a legendary western ,desert,mountains,snow , fields...classic western game and not many like it.

I think rockstar hit the nail on the head perfect western game!

• Like 1
guerilla_man
On 10/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Taterman said:

sorry too much confusion.

24 hour game play hours + extra 7 full days means 24 hours +24 hours and etc etc.

sorry I didn't explain myself properly.

I usually play red dead redemption 2 for 6 hours a day or less or more on and off.

and take breaks here and there.

• Like 1
LorshZontek

Honestly i like RDR2 just for the environments and world, it's just really interesting and immersing to explore this detailed world and just relax in it, it does a good job at making it feel like you are actually there.

• Like 2
guerilla_man
5 hours ago, LorshZontek said:

Honestly i like RDR2 just for the environments and world, it's just really interesting and immersing to explore this detailed world and just relax in it, it does a good job at making it feel like you are actually there.

if there was a red dead redemption 2 in Australia though I be amazed! it will be like being in a time machine in my own home country lol 

• Like 1