• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yoječ

• sivispacem

• DEALUX

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's tough to buy a new GPU for a good price these days but I've managed to score a decent deal, 16 megs should last me for years   (jk)  

Just bought a second hand Lian Li case.   Absolutely no idea what I'd need it for, but I like it already  

My rig has been down since March/April and I'm finally getting around to taking care of business.  At first I thought it might be the sata controller on my mobo failing somehow.     I didn't

I want an absolutely stable 1440p 60 FPS at max settings experience or something as close to it as possible.

Edited by Kristian.

I want an absolutely stable 1440p 60 FPS at max settings experience or something as close to it as possible.

Me too, man! I want to play GTAV on absolute 1440p60 at max settings including the advanced graphics and grass on ultra, everything on max!

I want steady, smooth, baby ass, silky 60FPS when driving on areas full of grass!

The advanced settings don't really do much. High resolution shadows are not that noticeable and the distance stuff is not that important either in my opinion.

Not being funny or anything, but the same thing tends to apply to graphics options... Ultra settings don't really do much more than high settings other than chew through processing power... I mean, if you're going to imply that RST shouldn't use advanced settings because they 'don't do much', should you not apply that logic to normal settings as well, therefore making your earlier complain about it not running games at a constant 60fps @ max settings rather redundant? Just a thought.

Edited by TheMcSame

I literally just put my R9 290 on Ebay no less than 5 minutes ago for $209 and sold it immediately. :O

That was too easy, to say the least. Putting this toward my 1070. In the meantime, I have an old sh*tty 1GB video card I'll be using.

And from the benchmarks I've seen on the dozen or so reviews that I've read, you'll be getting that. Most triple A titles have average frames in the 100fps region, drops below 60 are usually engine or optimisation related.

I literally just put my R9 290 on Ebay no less than 5 minutes ago for $209 and sold it immediately. :O

That was too easy, to say the least. Putting this toward my 1070. In the meantime, I have an old sh*tty 1GB video card I'll be using.

You could have sold it for $250 if that was too easy.

I know, but I initially bought it for $220 from Newegg with a free copy of GTA V at a $64 value, so I'm more than happy with the sale. Now I just have to keep my eye on the release. Chances are that the card is going to sell out pretty quickly when it hits the shelves.

I've also got a Corsair H55 bundled with a NZXT Kraken G10 GPU mount for sale on Ebay, so I'm excited to see if I can get rid of that, too.

I know, but I initially bought it for $220 from Newegg with a free copy of GTA V at a $64 value, so I'm more than happy with the sale. Now I just have to keep my eye on the release. Chances are that the card is going to sell out pretty quickly when it hits the shelves.

I've also got a Corsair H55 bundled with a NZXT Kraken G10 GPU mount for sale on Ebay, so I'm excited to see if I can get rid of that, too.

Holy sh*t, almost no lost XD Good job :p

I won't probably be upgrading to 1070 or 1080. I'll save the performance boost when GTX1180 will be released.

Do you guys think there will be 3rd party models on release day? All I see is talk of the Founders Edition cards.

I'm planning on making a pre-order through my local MicroCenter, and then hopefully just doing an in-store it up that day.

I am thinking of buying the GTX 1070 when it drops in June...

What do you guys think of this?

Might be worth waiting a little bit to dodge the early adopter tax.

Does this guy have a legitimate argument, or is he just trying to click-bait? IICR, JayzTwoCents said something like the CUDA core counts don't matter when comparing generational gaps.

It's click bait and a misunderstanding on your part. His point in the video is that the gap between the 1070 and the 1080 is bigger than the gap between previous X70 and X80 cards.

In fact, reading the description would've helped... "I am disappointed about the fact that it is specced that damn lower than the 1080, and I am confident that it will perform that damn lower too.... that is what I am really disappointed about"

That being said, he's making a rookie mistake, he's assuming that specs mean something, and in today's tech world, specs are virtually meaningless. It's all about actual performance these days.

Edited by TheMcSame

sh*t. I am planning on buying a 4790K. I really should have gone with a Skylake build though, and one was proposed to me when I was looking for parts.

You're only looking at 10% difference or so. A 4790k that's been mildly overclocked will match a stock clocked 6700k,and you don't have to buy expensive DDR4.

That being said, he's making a rookie mistake, he's assuming that specs mean something, and in today's tech world, specs are virtually meaningless. It's all about actual performance these days.

This is kind of unnerving me now, because on one hand, I'd like to put a decent video card back in my PC; on the other, I don't want to rush to purchase something and make a regrettable choice. I guess my only option at this point is to wait for the benchmarking tests on the 1070. :/

Then again, why am I even being anal about it? It's certainly going to be a huge upgrade from what I previously had. I'm overthinking it, I think.

and you don't have to buy expensive DDR4.

Huh? Haven't checked other countries, but in Poland DDR4 and DDR3 cost roughly the same, they're both cheaper than ever Edited by yojc

DDR4 is still a good 20% or so dearer here comparing rough equivalents. Corsair Dominator LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15 is currently £68.99 on Amazon, non-LPX 16GB DDR3-2400 CL11 is £57.99.

so i just bought and built my first PC a few week ago

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz

GPU: EVGA SC GTX 980Ti @ 1479mhz + 4005mhz

RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula ROG

CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61

PSU: EVGA 1200W P2

CABLES: Cablemod E-Series Black

STORAGE: 256GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB + 2TB WD Blacks

EXTRAS: NZXT HUE+

Total cost: $3,515 AUD

2cdaf441f3.jpg

dc2655ffe0.jpg

7855327ff9.jpg

57713ed2e1.jpg

also decided to paint my 980ti, and sanded off the green colour on the LED.

1fd60091f3.jpg

and then i upgraded my case to the newly released tempered glass version...

584891f5a0.jpg

cc986dc050.jpg

ffd96ee3f2.jpg

and i also just bought another 980ti, will be here on thursday so i'll post some more pics when i get that painted and installed too :p

Kinda bad time to buy two 980 Ti cards, not that I had any clue what to buy when I built my PC (with the help of the members of the forum of the site I bought the parts from). Isn't a 1200W PSU overkill? Are you planning on having three cards in there? Even that wouldn't warrant the huge power of your PSU.

Speaking of PSUs, suppose I want to upgrade to one of the upcoming GP100 cards, presumably a Titan X equivalent (with way more impressive specs obviously). The power requirements would probably be lower for those future GPUs than those of a Titan X but we should factor in overclocking as well. Would I also be able to add two more HDDs (4 TB ones) and not reach my PSU's 650W limit? It seems like a stretch to me but I think at least one more HDD is doable.

Edited by Kristian.

You won't get anywhere near the limit of your PSU.

You could have sold it for $250 if that was too easy.

I know you're happy with the deal you made, but I would instead try to sell it for even higher to see if someone would take it, and slowly drop the price if it didn't worked. I mean, you pretty much got the value you paid for it, but still, the more cash you make, the more you have to invest on your rig.

yes yes i know the PSU is overkill. it was half retail price so i snapped it up. can never have too much power right?

and sli 980ti will still outperform the 1080, i am waiting for the 1080ti (which won't release until the end of the year at the least)

SLI 980Ti will outperform the 1080 in applications with good SLI support as long as the frame buffer size is below 6GB. It's very circumstance dependent.

Nonetheless, fantastic looking build. Where did you get the comb separators for the braided 24-pin and PCI-E power cables? I just realised I want some.

So, there are already sh*t leaking about the 1080Ti. What are your thought? My thoughs, is this is real, then nVidia is really high on horse.

Only that it's rumoured to be on a different chipset from the GP100. That's not really much info.

I'm gonna save money from October 'til January to get the new Titan. f*ck me. I'm already excited.

I know you're happy with the deal you made, but I would instead try to sell it for even higher to see if someone would take it, and slowly drop the price if it didn't worked. I mean, you pretty much got the value you paid for it, but still, the more cash you make, the more you have to invest on your rig.

I honestly went with the going market price on Ebay, that's how I priced it, and I didn't expect it to sell within 5 minutes of listing it. Regardless, I just pocketed another $100 from selling my Corsair H55 with NZXT G10 mount. I'm $500 now to put towards new components. I was looking at a new CPU, preferably the i7 6700, but that requires me to get a new board and memory, which will do me in at around $800 total. I'll need to sell some more junk to meet those funds.