Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

DeadEyeAdler

High level players please read this.

Recommended Posts

DentureDynamite

^^ Maybe, just maybe--having to refund money to players will get the attention of someone higher up at R*/Take Two as to the crap that's been going on behind the scenes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

My hopes for this thing get lower every week.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
29 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

So apparently they're refunding everything you've spent.

 That still wouldn't account for any free items you may have received due to purchase related or affiliated bonuses, such as Twitch Prime, etc.

 

You might be forgiven for thinking the company with the highest profiting entertainment product could do a little better...even once would be a shock.

To be honest, I haven't been able to receive anything for free, or even at a discount, for a long, long time since I've ranked up so much. I don't buy clothes and I already bought all the stuff they discount or give away. About the only thing I get for free now and then is gold. I've been considering getting rid of Twitch too. I only joined it for the rewards but haven't been getting any that I can use lately.

Edited by StyxTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
30 minutes ago, StyxTx said:

To be honest, I haven't been able to receive anything for free, or even at a discount, for a long, long time since I've ranked up so much. I don't buy clothes and I already bought all the stuff they discount or give away. About the only thing I get for free now and then is gold. I've been considering getting rid of Twitch too. I only joined it for the rewards but haven't been getting any that I can use lately.

I have Twitch Prime for free since I have Amazon Prime, paid for itself in shipping since I use amazon a fair bit.

The way things are going I'll never reach higher levels., so it won't probably be an issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath

I'm only at lvl 284, think I'll be really limiting my game time until they figure all of this out.

 

The thing I find strange about this is that after the moonshine update my character had lost the guns in my cutscenes, although my posse mates could see them, and when I asked other players about it they said that it was a glitch that was only attached to my character and that others have had the same thing. But not everyone.

After the last *fix* that R* gave us to deal with the Naturalist problem my character now has his guns in those cutscenes, but now they aren't visible on other player's screens. Just like when we took the posse photos with the photographer booth, I could see my character with the gun but my husband and my daughter could not. It's all strange.

 

If they make me reset my character completely I just might back away from Online.

Seriously, they would have to allow us all access to the outlaw pass Items we had, the special items we picked up, etc. Not to mention that I have a huge wardrobe, how am I going to remember everything that I bought? And will we have to buy back everything for our horses too?

 

This will completely change everything for this game if they don't fix it, how could they let this become such a problem?

Edited by Direwrath
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Found this tread on reddit

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zalwig

From reddit, R* seems to be aware.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

Okay, now let's hope they manage to fix it sooner or later, without breaking it completely in a different way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash

I am starting to think Rockstar, is ran by a bunch of Pikers. These f*ckers, are never on the level.

 

They should create a PSA, addressing all high ranked players. Warning us, about this colossal buggy f*ckery.

 

I can imagine them, roaming the country side. Painting holes on the sides of mountains and collecting tolls for a tunnel.

 

Rockstar: Enjoy the tunnel ride.

Players: *splat*

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrionSR

I'm currently stockpiling my Collectibles and Samples for fear of increasing my level too quickly. I'm not sure how to continue playing and making progress without earning too much XP. Anything that's the least bit profitable tends to come will gobs of XP, and even daily challenges have bonuses that pile up quickly? Soon I'll be back to beta strategies - selling fish to squeak out enough cash to cover expenses. I've got a larger satchel now but, no thanks. Been there, done that.

Edited by OrionSR
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxwolfe

Yeesh, just noticed this thread, and just saw one of the last linked reddit threads with a guy rank 347 talking about getting it, I'm 323 but thankfully haven't had any issues with it yet. Gonna just keep my streak going and not play much outside of that for a while I guess.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath

So they are saying that they do not want players to reset their characters if they get bugged by this? Either they don't want to have to deal with the large scale payouts to make players happy, or they have an idea what is happening and know that they can fix it without us losing our progress?

 

2 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Yeesh, just noticed this thread, and just saw one of the last linked reddit threads with a guy rank 347 talking about getting it, I'm 323 but thankfully haven't had any issues with it yet. Gonna just keep my streak going and not play much outside of that for a while I guess.

Oh no! Well that does it, I'm not playing at all until this is fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
12 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Yeesh, just noticed this thread, and just saw one of the last linked reddit threads with a guy rank 347 talking about getting it, I'm 323 but thankfully haven't had any issues with it yet. Gonna just keep my streak going and not play much outside of that for a while I guess.

I'm at 482 but I'm on PC. I still haven't heard if it also affects PC or it's just a PS thing. But so far I haven't had any problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
10 hours ago, Direwrath said:

So they are saying that they do not want players to reset their characters if they get bugged by this? Either they don't want to have to deal with the large scale payouts to make players happy, or they have an idea what is happening and know that they can fix it without us losing our progress?

 

Oh no! Well that does it, I'm not playing at all until this is fixed.

Heard through the grapevine that they are working on a fix.

This was according to a friend of WiiSportsTryhard who was either the first or among the first to report it and has been in direct contact with R* about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Kyra

How high level do you have to be for your character to be at risk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
3 hours ago, Captain Kyra said:

How high level do you have to be for your character to be at risk?

Some say as low as 500 others that only 700+ are effected

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Kyra
37 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Some say as low as 500 others that only 700+ are effected

Ah I’m nowhere near that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
2 minutes ago, Captain Kyra said:

Ah I’m nowhere near that lol

I'm 455 as of today, and not slowing down for now, I'll certainly post the results if it starts happening on PC.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mik73
6 hours ago, Captain Kyra said:

How high level do you have to be for your character to be at risk?

Caution: Pure speculation here  -  Seems like it's not so much a specific level that's a 'tipping point', but maybe some combination of role progress, unlocks, what you've done in the game, what you've accumulated, or have in inventory, or maybe even a glitch between all the above and the Social Club and the console/R* networks.   Only common factors I've heard are the way the bug goes from 're-appearing Story NPCs on Map' to bugs in jobs/roles/locations/NPCs and then to having your account unable to sign in to Online entirely.  

 

Basically, the longer you've played, the more you've done, the more you've achieved, unlocked, accumulated or touched all the various RDO game systems....the greater the chance you'll stumble on to this issue in some way.  Seems to only be a thing since Naturalist role and those dubious 'patches' were released.  Could be anything that sets it off. Which is why even I and my friends, who are just in the level 100s, are taking a break until we hear some more concrete info.  I'm not that worried at this point, we may do just enough to get our Outlaw passes levelled up. But I don't have the time or energy to re-play or rebuild my character if something really weird were to happen.  

 

Just hope they can find the specific issue and really squash it, rather then just patch up players who've already been 'exposed' to it.  We don't want a 'Walking Dead' situation where most, or all, of us are just ticking time bombs with a bug in our save files waiting for us to achieve something or reach some threshold that sets it off...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aFinn

As someone who is suffering from all the the symptoms except bounty hunter and who just hit over 700 I am being quite stupid and still playing every day on my main account. I should just switch to my secondary account alltogether, but it's so hard as my main is ..my main you know...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath
9 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Heard through the grapevine that they are working on a fix.

This was according to a friend of WiiSportsTryhard who was either the first or among the first to report it and has been in direct contact with R* about it.

I really hope so, I wanted to get my Pass hashed out before the halloween events. 

 

1 hour ago, Mik73 said:

Caution: Pure speculation here  -  Seems like it's not so much a specific level that's a 'tipping point', but maybe some combination of role progress, unlocks, what you've done in the game, what you've accumulated, or have in inventory, or maybe even a glitch between all the above and the Social Club and the console/R* networks.   Only common factors I've heard are the way the bug goes from 're-appearing Story NPCs on Map' to bugs in jobs/roles/locations/NPCs and then to having your account unable to sign in to Online entirely.  

 

Basically, the longer you've played, the more you've done, the more you've achieved, unlocked, accumulated or touched all the various RDO game systems....the greater the chance you'll stumble on to this issue in some way.  Seems to only be a thing since Naturalist role and those dubious 'patches' were released.  Could be anything that sets it off. Which is why even I and my friends, who are just in the level 100s, are taking a break until we hear some more concrete info.  I'm not that worried at this point, we may do just enough to get our Outlaw passes levelled up. But I don't have the time or energy to re-play or rebuild my character if something really weird were to happen.  

 

Just hope they can find the specific issue and really squash it, rather then just patch up players who've already been 'exposed' to it.  We don't want a 'Walking Dead' situation where most, or all, of us are just ticking time bombs with a bug in our save files waiting for us to achieve something or reach some threshold that sets it off...

I was thinking the same thing, which is why I am very careful with my character at the moment. Since the Moonshiner update he has had certain bugs that don't really affect my game play, but are still obvious in the cut scenes. Namely the loss of my weapons during the cutscenes, and since not everyone experienced this issue it tells me that it is my save that somehow has it baked into it. After the last patch my guns have returned and it seemed all is well, and than this happens? 

I'm worried that I have somehow cursed my save file for my character and am just going to sit back and wait for things to work themselves out before I move too far ahead. 😞 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Hope we get a patch this week....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
On 9/18/2020 at 4:14 PM, aFinn said:

As someone who is suffering from all the the symptoms except bounty hunter and who just hit over 700 I am being quite stupid and still playing every day on my main account.

Reached rank 685, the other day and since knowledge of this bug, went viral. It has shortened, my game time.

 

I noticed the Kennewick hat (ugly feathery bastard from the Naturalist DLC), always returns to my horse saddle. No matter, how many times I remove it from the inventory. Switch session or join lobby, it comes back.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
5 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

Hope we get a patch this week....

With R* history of patches it may just cause even lower ranks to be affected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
3 hours ago, StyxTx said:

With R* history of patches it may just cause even lower ranks to be affected.

That is so true! But last time we got patches it was Mondays

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clickalot

I am level 587 and everything is fine for now

Wil keep an eye out

Thanks for the headsup

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
4 hours ago, StyxTx said:

With R* history of patches it may just cause even lower ranks to be affected.

Or more people not to be able to play at all.

 

R*: "Here's another PATCH! We really tested the heck out of it"

Players:  "Tested iT?"

 

Edited by kcole4001
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
32 minutes ago, Clickalot said:

I am level 587 and everything is fine for now

Wil keep an eye out

Thanks for the headsup

What platform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath
1 hour ago, kcole4001 said:

Or more people not to be able to play at all.

I have yet to log on, and I'm hoping this doesn't ruin the halloween event.

Leave it to R* to take the one thing the one exciting thing to happen to online for me in a long time and ruin it because of bad programming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
2 hours ago, Direwrath said:

I have yet to log on, and I'm hoping this doesn't ruin the halloween event.

Leave it to R* to take the one thing the one exciting thing to happen to online for me in a long time and ruin it because of bad programming.

Also the random mid-week PC patch that switched graphic APIs to DX without any regard of whether their system can physically run DX as opposed to Vulkan.

Having to wait for a community fix for their game is extremely unprofessional of R*.

They're just throwing sh*te out the door and saying "here, you guys test this, let us know how you fix it, too".

Pretty sad.  🤨

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.