Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

DeadEyeAdler

High level players please read this.

Recommended Posts

Rev. Gnash
38 minutes ago, No Homing said:

I would hate to lose all my progress, but I think I would be relieved eventually.

I hear, ya.

 

I'm going to stick around for the f*ckery. Besides getting rid of unwanted clothing and having awards reset, might not be bad.

 

@DeadEyeAdler

 

How much did those knuckleheads, give your friends in cash (ballpark)?

 

Please and thank you.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
7 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

I hear, ya.

 

I'm going to stick around for the f*ckery. Besides getting rid of unwanted clothing and having awards reset, might not be bad.

Awards are all I care about. And looting treasure maps. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
37 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

I hear, ya.

 

I'm going to stick around for the f*ckery. Besides getting rid of unwanted clothing and having awards reset, might not be bad.

 

@DeadEyeAdler

 

How much did those knuckleheads, give your friends in cash (ballpark)?

 

Please and thank you.

I suppose it would make all those vouchers worth something.

 

The limited time clothes would be what I'd miss the most.

I suppose I do have enough cash and gold to re-buy everything, well, not EVERYthing, there are some things I'd not bother with, but it would be quite a drain on my gold to have to buy things I got free because of Twitch Prime, used vouchers, etc.

 

I'm level 447 at the moment, but I see reports of this striking lower and lower as time goes on.

 

They had better get this fixed ASAP, like the garage and vehicle glitch that happened in GTA.

My cars are still all fuxed up, in all the wrong garages, and I'm not wasting hours reallocating them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeadEyeAdler
2 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

 

@DeadEyeAdler

 

How much did those knuckleheads, give your friends in cash (ballpark)?

 

Please and thank you.

I only know of one person who did the reset. In the ballpark? I think around 200k cash and 1300 gold on top of what he already had. He had to spend most of this buying back the stuff he lost.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath

Now I don't want to hit level 300.. 😐 It was going to be a milestone for me, but I don't want to lose my character if this hits the lower tier, high level players. I really hope they figure this out soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

A friend of mine has that mission on the map since the DLC released, he's fine so far.

How long will it take till his character gets nuked? Is there anything known about that?

If only rank 700s have been nuked but rank 500s have had the first signs like a story mission on the map, is it possible we are safe from getting nuked till we hit rank 700?

Would it help to stop playing?

I know I'm asking too much and I'm sure no one knows this for sure, but I doubt R* is gonna do something about this till it gets out of hand, so I feel like my only hope in saving my character from getting nuked is with the community.

We need to get to the bottom of this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer

Ah, so seems to be rank 500 plus possibly where it starts?

 

No story mission on the map, at 298 or something now (or other problems.)

 

I would think they'd want to fix such an obvious bug fast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aFinn
21 hours ago, *Lola said:

@DeadEyeAdler

Was everyone that encountered this bug console linked to Rockstar Social Club?

You are high level, do you have any of these issues?

You reckon it could be a syncing issue with Social Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Lola
20 minutes ago, aFinn said:

You are high level, do you have any of these issues?

You reckon it could be a syncing issue with Social Club?

No issues and haven't seen that mission back up on the map either.

Can't say for sure if social club is the problem.

I'm not console linked to it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeadEyeAdler
10 hours ago, No Homing said:

A friend of mine has that mission on the map since the DLC released, he's fine so far.

How long will it take till his character gets nuked? Is there anything known about that?

If only rank 700s have been nuked but rank 500s have had the first signs like a story mission on the map, is it possible we are safe from getting nuked till we hit rank 700?

Would it help to stop playing?

I know I'm asking too much and I'm sure no one knows this for sure, but I doubt R* is gonna do something about this till it gets out of hand, so I feel like my only hope in saving my character from getting nuked is with the community.

We need to get to the bottom of this.

I don't want to assume anything because glitches could evolve. But from what I've seen so far things only start to get serious when you're in the high 600 range. How fast do you rank up?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
2 hours ago, DeadEyeAdler said:

I don't want to assume anything because glitches could evolve. But from what I've seen so far things only start to get serious when you're in the high 600 range. How fast do you rank up?

Slower than the average rank 500 I think. I'm getting quite bored of this game again, so I guess it's best I play less from now on.

A friend of mine who has had a mission on the map since the DLC dropped just now has the bounty intro on the map in Rhodes.

 

It's like the Benjamin Button movie, we are going backwards.....

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aFinn
On 9/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, *Lola said:

No issues and haven't seen that mission back up on the map either.

Can't say for sure if social club is the problem.

I'm not console linked to it.

That is quite interesting though. Maybe Social Club does have something to do with it then?

 

Wasn't there a problem in GTA back in the day day and we all had to unlink our social club account to be able to play or do I remember wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Lola
12 hours ago, aFinn said:

That is quite interesting though. Maybe Social Club does have something to do with it then?

 

Wasn't there a problem in GTA back in the day day and we all had to unlink our social club account to be able to play or do I remember wrong?

There's been so many problems I can't remember if that was one of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx

What I find weird is that rank itself means nothing once a player reaches 100. No one over rank 96 has any weapons that anyone at level 96 doesn't have access to. All it means is more experience, money, gold but that comes naturally by playing. It is possible this is their way of dealing with those who used the jeanropke collector map since new players can't take full advantage of that. But that's not logical either since they give you your rank, role rank, cash and gold back. But when it comes right down to it, very few players play long enough to reach high, high ranks, even when the collector map was there so what difference should it make to R*? I have a PC account which I use all the time and I have the PS4 version which I stopped playing when the PC version came out. I was rank 332 on PS4 and had to do that the hard way before any of the roles came out. Even today when I go on PS4 the list of players has primarily players under rank 100 and how long has that version been out there? A majority of players stop playing after a short period of time anyway so if they think that new players are at a disadvantage, that may be true in a way but most of those players aren't going to be playing very long anyway. So yeah, let's punish the loyal, long time players.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Doing less dailies now to keep my level low.... But between this forum and reddit the attention seems low!

 

 

Edited by Nerfgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

Is this a low key way to ban collector map users?  I mean the only way anyone is over 700 is grinding collector using the map. 

Spoiler

I know you played 10,000 showdowns and got 70 kills per game and no deaths...no one cares.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
1 hour ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Is this a low key way to ban collector map users?  I mean the only way anyone is over 700 is grinding collector using the map. 

  Reveal hidden contents

I know you played 10,000 showdowns and got 70 kills per game and no deaths...no one cares.

 

But no one is being banned, support is offering resets with your rank, cash and gold kept and they even give you extra gold and cash to buy your lost stuff back.

 

This is just the type of crazy bug that you'll only find in R* titles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
23 minutes ago, No Homing said:

But no one is being banned, support is offering resets with your rank, cash and gold kept and they even give you extra gold and cash to buy your lost stuff back.

 

This is just the type of crazy bug that you'll only find in R* titles.

Maybe ban was the wrong word, it really makes no sense that a corruption bug would not effect lower ranks as well. I have a story mission prompt on my minimap, I always assumed that it was related to solo lobbies like its supposed to be there but its just doesnt show like most other things that dont show.  I thinks its in Van Horn.  I am level 507.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
15 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Maybe ban was the wrong word, it really makes no sense that a corruption bug would not effect lower ranks as well. I have a story mission prompt on my minimap, I always assumed that it was related to solo lobbies like its supposed to be there but its just doesnt show like most other things that dont show.  I thinks its in Van Horn.  I am level 507.

Yeah but that's the thing with this game and GTAO, it has tons of glitches that makes no sense at all.

Like in GTA, who would have thought having a dead hooker in the passenger seat of your car would allow you to dupe your car for profit?

 

I'm guessing the game has trouble with all the data our high rank characters have stored or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
2 hours ago, No Homing said:

Yeah but that's the thing with this game and GTAO, it has tons of glitches that makes no sense at all.

Like in GTA, who would have thought having a dead hooker in the passenger seat of your car would allow you to dupe your car for profit?

 

I'm guessing the game has trouble with all the data our high rank characters have stored or something.

So because R* is cheap and gone with the less expensive route we are screwed?

 

Going to compose a twitter message but don't know yet how to formulate it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
2 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

So because R* is cheap and gone with the less expensive route we are screwed?

 

Going to compose a twitter message but don't know yet how to formulate it!

A fix for this bug won't happen overnight, but I hope they are aware by now and are working on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
1 minute ago, No Homing said:

A fix for this bug won't happen overnight, but I hope they are aware by now and are working on it.

But it has be knowned for over two weeks by now... So some information from support should be helpful!

 

If they are just resetting our progress the need to release Outlaw Pass 1 and 2 again for free and every limited clothing again and keep it availablein catalog until all of this is fixed!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potestaquisiter

My posse mate is suffering from this bug, it started after the fixed that botched patch.  He got the yellow "van Horn" story mission pop up and has a lot of connectivity issues, and gets kicked from the game if he tries to do the harriet missions  he is rank 742

 

Im having abit of a panic myself, though I dont have any issues myself atm and my game is functioning properly except for the low population lobbies. But im rank 593 atm lol........and on 247 day streak!

 

I asked about it on the reddit rdr2 online subs because my mate asked me about this last week when he said he had the old story mission pop up.  A user on reddit gave me this explanation.....sounds pretty solid but as R* have said nothing it all speculation atm

  

"I saw the video you’re mentioning and what it seems like is a stack overflow somewhere in the profile. Somewhere, in the blocks allocated for character profile (xp, items, clothing, outfits, satchel contents, anything you can save) there happened an instance that R* didn’t predict happening. Either players have too much of something and the data are bleeding into a fault condition. It’s a serious enough problem that, should they alter or reallocate the tables, it would entail completely rewriting profile handling code for the entire game-which took ten years to get to this point.

Have you buddy start grinding on an alt-there May not realistically be anything that can be done, in the short term. Even a patch to convert and reallocate tables could take months to compile with thousands of items being added to the game.It’s just speculation, but it’s definitely a code issue on Rockstars end'

Edited by Potestaquisiter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx

I'd be curious to know if any of the players who got their rank, gold and money returned along with the extra gold and money to buy their stuff back have had a repeat of the problem. If not I don't think I'd mind if I ran into the problem. It would reset all the awards, for one thing. I have alot of those maxed out.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

Well, if that's true I guess my journey ends. And so does the little faith I had left in C*.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

If my character is reset for this game, I will never play a R* game again.  I am pretty close to buying their games 2nd hand at this point.  This woule be unacceptable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
11 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

If my character is reset for this game, I will never play a R* game again.  I am pretty close to buying their games 2nd hand at this point.  This woule be unacceptable.

Same, lol. 

There's no excuse for this happening almost 2 years into the game.

It happening in GTAO's first month or so, was understandable and hardly a setback for those affected.

I'm not grinding all my awards back I spent the last year working on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeadEyeAdler

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

if this is similar to a file system bug, I would hope(?) R* could come up with a "read data from old" and "write data to new" conversion process (typical file recovery) that addresses the issue.

 

Either way, it's very short-sighted; player data stability should have been well thought-out and tested.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

So apparently they're refunding everything you've spent.

 That still wouldn't account for any free items you may have received due to purchase related or affiliated bonuses, such as Twitch Prime, etc.

 

You might be forgiven for thinking the company with the highest profiting entertainment product could do a little better...even once would be a shock.

Edited by kcole4001
f*cking R*...SMH
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.