Exporting GTAV Full map with problem.

albertundead

I'm trying to export full map of GTAV into 3ds max and convert to fbx files. But there are some missing textures which I can't locate which ytd file it belongs to. If there are some methods or tools would be wonderful. 

Thanks in advanced.

Currently I can't find these textures below.

IM_Kerbs03
DC_Sidewalk004
IM_Road_001
IM_Road_edge_001
IM_Sidewalk010
IM_Drains02
IM_Road_017

Edited by albertundead

These can all be found in globalroads.ytd in update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday2ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\generic\gtxd.rpf\

If you think you might need to find more textures, here's my useful tip. Get Codewalker and go to Tools > Extract Textures. Choose just .ytd and extract them to a folder. When Codewalker extracts a texture, it includes the source as part of the filename. So for instance, IM_Kerbs03 is found in several locations but the most obvious was globalroads.ytd_IM_Kerbs03.dds, so you can see it has the name of the ytd as part of the image name. It makes finding textures really easy.

Do each "From Files" option into its own folder, so you can search for each file type more easily. The files take a long time to extract and you'll have a lot of files... like 280,000 just from ytd files (50.1 GB). I use a search tool called MasterSeeker, which makes finding files much faster as it caches all the filenames when it runs.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

These can all be found in globalroads.ytd in update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday2ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\generic\gtxd.rpf\

If you think you might need to find more textures, here's my useful tip. Get Codewalker and go to Tools > Extract Textures. Choose just .ytd and extract them to a folder. When Codewalker extracts a texture, it includes the source as part of the filename. So for instance, IM_Kerbs03 is found in several locations but the most obvious was globalroads.ytd_IM_Kerbs03.dds, so you can see it has the name of the ytd as part of the image name. It makes finding textures really easy.

Do each "From Files" option into its own folder, so you can search for each file type more easily. The files take a long time to extract and you'll have a lot of files... like 280,000 just from ytd files (50.1 GB). I use a search tool called MasterSeeker, which makes finding files much faster as it caches all the filenames when it runs.

Thanks LeeC22, YOUR tips are really helping. I'll share the workout lately. Hopes it is helpful for someone's need.

• 2 years later...