Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

AmyStone

What's wrong with the lobbies?

Recommended Posts

kcole4001
34 minutes ago, StyxTx said:

I'll ask again since no one has answered the question before. Exactly what kind of interaction with other players are you talking about? I'm asking seriously since even with full lobbies and 3500 hours game time I rarely had interaction with players other than modders or those trying to kill me.

Today I had one of the 4 other players stand and wait to see what I would do in Van Horn as we were both there picking up collectibles.

I greeted them with a bow, and they waved back.

That always makes me feel good.

 

The other day someone sniped me while I was in my camp.

I though the name looked familiar, and I recalled it's the same one who shot me some time ago from Bard's Crossing bridge while I was fishing down on the Dakota River.

 

Personally, I prefer friendly encounters to meeting assholes.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
3 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Today I had one of the 4 other players stand and wait to see what I would do in Van Horn as we were both there picking up collectibles.

I greeted them with a bow, and they waved back.

That always makes me feel good.

 

The other day someone sniped me while I was in my camp.

I though the name looked familiar, and I recalled it's the same one who shot me some time ago from Bard's Crossing bridge while I was fishing down on the Dakota River.

 

Personally, I prefer friendly encounters to meeting assholes.

 

I've had a few people emote me but when I say few, I mean few. I think since PC version came out I've had 3 people emote me. It's not like I don't give them the opportunity. I don't move fast at all when I'm playing and I don't run away when I see another player. On the other hand, if I try to take a carcass to put on someone's horse, they take off like a bat out of hell before I get there. I just stopped trying to do things for people since I can never get close enough to do it. People go so fast on their horses that if I do try to emote them, they are gone before I can. So much for interaction. I guess the only thing I do that other people take advantage of is clearing enemy hideouts or revenuer checkpoints while they come to loot but I don't care if they loot since I have more money than I'll ever use anway. Most of the time I only clear those things because I need a collectible that's there and they're in the way. The 50 cents total I can loot off of them isn't really something I need.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

Looting is a very well ingrained habit of mine, I'm an old school RPG'er...SOMEONE has to loot those bodies!

 

I must say the vast majority of interactions I've had have been positive.

I generally have to find someone at their camp to donate a carcass to them though.

If it's a collectible and another person is there, I'll let them go first, but there's no suitable emote for 'go ahead'...maybe pointing might work.

 

The worst thing is when going for an emote and you get the keys messed up and draw a weapon, usually if you put it away quick they get the message, but not always.

I got tackled once near the fast travel at Armadillo, everyone was waiting their turn to travel after coming out of a showdown and someone missed the travel post and used E to tackle me accidentally. :lol:

I didn't know what they were trying to do at the time, but they let go right away and then went to the fast travel post, so I figured it was unintentional.

Some time later I found out that E is used to tackle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
55 minutes ago, StyxTx said:

The 50 cents total I can loot off of them isn't really something I need.

Collectibles, tonics and treasure maps - oh my!

 

I still loot saddlebags.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
9 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Collectibles, tonics and treasure maps - oh my!

 

I still loot saddlebags.

I tend to hit roadblocks when I see them (they are the way I leveled up my moonshiner, not by delivering moonshine) but especially on days when a challenge might involve acquiring three bottles of liquor. I guess I'd rather take them off of a dead agent rather than dig them up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
33 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Collectibles, tonics and treasure maps - oh my!

 

I still loot saddlebags.

Yeah. I'm maxed out on tonics in my satchel and my camp box/post office. Treasure maps...well...$285,000 and 1,070 gold. Not necessary but I'll take them. A little income is nice I reckon. I'll go check saddle bags and get kicked. I don't mind the kick so much but it knocks my hat off and that's a fighting action. 😄

18 minutes ago, netnow66 said:

I tend to hit roadblocks when I see them (they are the way I leveled up my moonshiner, not by delivering moonshine) but especially on days when a challenge might involve acquiring three bottles of liquor. I guess I'd rather take them off of a dead agent rather than dig them up.

Admit it. You're violent prone. 😂

39 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Looting is a very well ingrained habit of mine, I'm an old school RPG'er...SOMEONE has to loot those bodies!

 

I must say the vast majority of interactions I've had have been positive.

I generally have to find someone at their camp to donate a carcass to them though.

If it's a collectible and another person is there, I'll let them go first, but there's no suitable emote for 'go ahead'...maybe pointing might work.

 

The worst thing is when going for an emote and you get the keys messed up and draw a weapon, usually if you put it away quick they get the message, but not always.

I got tackled once near the fast travel at Armadillo, everyone was waiting their turn to travel after coming out of a showdown and someone missed the travel post and used E to tackle me accidentally. :lol:

I didn't know what they were trying to do at the time, but they let go right away and then went to the fast travel post, so I figured it was unintentional.

Some time later I found out that E is used to tackle.

I had a guy drag me off my horse once after I showed him a collectible location, but he was low ranked and I assumed when he tried to get on his horse it sent him to mine instead since they were about the same distance from him. I've accidentally jumped on the wrong horse at times. I've also accidentally tackled NPCs now and then.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
2 hours ago, netnow66 said:

I tend to hit roadblocks when I see them (they are the way I leveled up my moonshiner, not by delivering moonshine) but especially on days when a challenge might involve acquiring three bottles of liquor. I guess I'd rather take them off of a dead agent rather than dig them up.

Not to mention the gold watch in the white wagon lockbox!

I can't pass up loot, especially when I know it's there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath
4 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

The worst thing is when going for an emote and you get the keys messed up and draw a weapon, usually if you put it away quick they get the message, but not always.

I got tackled once near the fast travel at Armadillo, everyone was waiting their turn to travel after coming out of a showdown and someone missed the travel post and used E to tackle me accidentally. :lol:

I didn't know what they were trying to do at the time, but they let go right away and then went to the fast travel post, so I figured it was unintentional.

Some time later I found out that E is used to tackle.

 

4 hours ago, StyxTx said:

I had a guy drag me off my horse once after I showed him a collectible location, but he was low ranked and I assumed when he tried to get on his horse it sent him to mine instead since they were about the same distance from him. I've accidentally jumped on the wrong horse at times. I've also accidentally tackled NPCs now and then.

I hate when this happens, it's sole reason why my husband is very careful to not emote a player when we see them. 

 

You name it, I've had a player do it on accident towards me. It's why I have my "don't retaliate unless they seem deliberate rule". When it does happen I try my best to let the other player know that I'm not salty about it, but they usually take off before I can react. It sucks because I enjoy greeting the other players and don't want them to feel like I'm going to go after them for an honest mistake. Heck I've done it a few times myself.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
7 hours ago, Direwrath said:

I hate when this happens, it's sole reason why my husband is very careful to not emote a player when we see them. 

 

You name it, I've had a player do it on accident towards me. It's why I have my "don't retaliate unless they seem deliberate rule". When it does happen I try my best to let the other player know that I'm not salty about it, but they usually take off before I can react. It sucks because I enjoy greeting the other players and don't want them to feel like I'm going to go after them for an honest mistake. Heck I've done it a few times myself.

I've accidentally killed/stomped killed chickens, slapped my horse's rump (and gotten kicked in the face for it), shot at other players, etc., because I don't have all the button presses down pat (PSN). When I do shoot/shoot at a player accidentally, I immediately turn my back to them and stand there while I figure out what to do. No one has ever killed me when I've done that. There are some really good people playing this game. On the other hand, someone was just remarking that he hates fishing challenges and posted himself getting Carcano-ed after tucking a fish away. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
19 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

I still loot saddlebags.

If the horse kicks me, it dies.

 

Real horses could care less what you do with a saddlebag; the random kicking has R*'s middle finger written all over it. Especially when saddle bags are magically UN-lootable when the horse is down and can no longer kick you.

 

Amazing how that works.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 4
  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Lola
4 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

If the horse kicks me, it dies.

I put horse in between two things so it doesn't kick when looting them.

 

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Details, please? I'm all ears! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Lola
5 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Details, please? I'm all ears! 😎

Next to the butcher in Blackwater for example.

It'll block both sides of the horse enough to loot and not give it room to kick.

You may have to back it up in places to perform the same thing.

Edited by *Lola
  • Like 3
  • YEE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
3 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

If the horse kicks me, it dies.

 

Real horses could care less what you do with a saddlebag; the random kicking has R*'s middle finger written all over it. Especially when saddle bags are magically UN-lootable when the horse is down and can no longer kick you.

 

Amazing how that works.

Yep, an agitated horse irl would kick a guy by just standing too close, not just the moment the guy decides to open a saddlebag. f*ckers....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath
5 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

If the horse kicks me, it dies.

 

Real horses could care less what you do with a saddlebag; the random kicking has R*'s middle finger written all over it. Especially when saddle bags are magically UN-lootable when the horse is down and can no longer kick you.

 

Amazing how that works.

True, if you can get that close to a horse's flanks without it pulling a leg and flattening it's ears, then it doesn't care that you are there. Horses are very picky about their bubble, you'd know long before you got close that the horse wasn't keen on you being around. On that same note, a horse isn't going to stop mid stride with a cougar on it's trail to kick it's rider from it's back. For the horse stopping at that moment means death, it just wants to make space and as long as it's moving, it knows it's safe.

Once again, a mechanic that is meant to frustrate the players and nothing more. 

 

11 hours ago, netnow66 said:

I've accidentally killed/stomped killed chickens, slapped my horse's rump (and gotten kicked in the face for it), shot at other players, etc., because I don't have all the button presses down pat (PSN). When I do shoot/shoot at a player accidentally, I immediately turn my back to them and stand there while I figure out what to do. No one has ever killed me when I've done that. There are some really good people playing this game. On the other hand, someone was just remarking that he hates fishing challenges and posted himself getting Carcano-ed after tucking a fish away. 

Yep, I have a hard time with the controls sometimes. It's worse in the saloon after getting a drink, I will hit Rt again thinking I haven't finished and end up hip shooting the barkeep. Thus making myself the bane of existence in town and having the entirety of townsfolk want my character's head in a noose. 😂

 

When someone does something against me I never draw my gun and try to emote them a friendly greeting instead, but if they shoot me again and don't kill me, I fire a warning. If they continue after that I know their intentions and it's game on. I've never really had that happen though, usually the ones that mean trouble shoot me in the back or in the head and run. Or they use flammable or explosive ammo. Still those are rare occurrences, thankfully.

I have heard from many players that fishing can be a dangerous past time in this game because that's when players are usually targeted. And it's usually with a sniper rifle, shows the character of the players doing it. 🤨

  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
2 hours ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

Yep, an agitated horse irl would kick a guy by just standing too close, not just the moment the guy decides to open a saddlebag. f*ckers....

I got kicked once by walking around another player's horse to go into the doctor's in Valentine to sell some herbs.

Apparently I was too close and turned to see what the horse's name was ... and BOOT!   😮

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
12 hours ago, Direwrath said:

True, if you can get that close to a horse's flanks without it pulling a leg and flattening it's ears, then it doesn't care that you are there. Horses are very picky about their bubble, you'd know long before you got close that the horse wasn't keen on you being around. On that same note, a horse isn't going to stop mid stride with a cougar on it's trail to kick it's rider from it's back. For the horse stopping at that moment means death, it just wants to make space and as long as it's moving, it knows it's safe.

Once again, a mechanic that is meant to frustrate the players and nothing more. 

 

 

You're spot on about the horses stopping when a cougar blip hits the map.

 

I've seen black bears running right next to NPC horses and their horse acted like nothing was there while my horse, a good 50 feet behind is freaking out. Then there is when I'm crossing a railroad bridge up north and a snake 30 feet below the bridge riles up my horse. More on snakes in a bit. I've seen NPCs on horseback moving around trying to shoot a predator. The other day one was surrounded by wolves. Did their horse throw them? No. What did happen is I went flying by and the wolves decided to chase me rather than stay with a trapped NPC. I've often told my wife I wish I could have whatever horse the NPC is riding. I'm at the point that I don't even want to use the horse because I spend so much time shoving food in it's mouth to calm it.

 

I've seen a Grizzly attack that limping person up there near Harriet's place above Little Creek and I was across the field using the binoculars to see what would happen. The Grizzly pounced on the NPC 7 or 8 times and the NPC kept getting up till the bear ran off. Realistic, right?

 

I've seen predators come right past an NPC or group of NPCs to go an extra 200 feet to get to me. I've had a grizzly go right through the shooters outside a camp I was rescuing, then right through the people in the camp I was rescuing just to kill me. None of the NPCs even noticed the bear. I don't know of any animals IRL that will run towards the action when shooting is going on. I have wolves and bears chase me for what is the equivalent of at least a mile even though they were not gaining ground while also running through easy prey. How phony. For the most part, the predators in the game are programmed in a stupid way. The horses do not act like real horses and we can't control them while we're riding them like we could our own real life horse. I've done a lot of horseback riding in my day and none were as stupid as the ones in this game. I've sent them feedback umpteen times about the horses but to no avail.

 

I've gone way wide of camp rescues to avoid getting involved but that didn't stop the raiders from shooting at me, even when I'm in walking slowly through the trees where they shouldn't even be able to see me. In the meantime, some NPC strolls by a lot closer than I am and no one shoots at them. I also think we should be given the option of doing any camp rescues, revenuer checkpoints, enemy camps, burning crops, etc and not automatically trigger them. I know we don't have to do them but some things can't be done while the "mission" is still open.

 

Basically, whatever can happen to players should also happen to NPCs. Otherwise it's phony as hell and proves your point that it's programmed just to mess with players.

 

That's like this idiocy with snakes being out in temps under 60 degrees. It doesn't happen IRL. They're cold blooded and need the heat from the sun and air to stay warm. I've even seen snakes slithering along right at the snow line up north.

 

As I said earlier, R* goes out of their way to mess up the enjoyment for players, in every conceivable way, and it seems they are getting even worse about it. For a company that prides itself on creating a realistic world they fall pretty short in so many ways. Right now it's all BS.

 

But hey, keep those outifts coming! lol

 

I know this is a long rant but I've spent over 3500 hours playing this game since beta days and have been watching it get worse and worse as R* continues to ignore the users. Just venting I guess.

 

 

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx

Repost by mistake

Edited by StyxTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmaster234

11 players lobby here... of course 0 dynamic events...here we go again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
14 hours ago, darkmaster234 said:

11 players lobby here... of course 0 dynamic events...here we go again.

How many posses? I had 11 for a while yesterday but 6 were in a posse. I'm still trying to figure out if my theory on posses and lobbies is true.

Edited by StyxTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Just one in session with me today, only popped on for 2 quick dailies though as had 5-6 others on the last few days and got attacked by a couple of pairs of ponces. But given I've had so much freedom and peace of late, it didn't bother me too much. Still, if the lobbies are growing, so will that childish sh*te. * Le sigh * 

 

Hopefully just a one off weekend. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

One thing about these smaller sessions, if you see a red dot it's likely a griefer.

Loaded in to get a couple of quick dailies before I had to go out in case the power went off (hurricane in the neighborhood) and there were 5 blue players and 1 red.

Of course, that one could have been because of the posse versus thing, but it's usually a pretty good warning sign.

 

============================================================================================

 

4 hours ago, StyxTx said:

How many posses? I had 11 for a while yesterday but 6 were in a posse. I'm still trying to figure out if my theory on posses and lobbies is true.

It would be too easy for R* to just tell us what's happening and how the system works, but no, keeping players completely in the dark is 'their style'.

 

I very seriously wish Microsoft would buy R*.

I expect it's only going to be good news for Bethesda fans.

It couldn't make things any worse than what R*/T2 does.

Edited by kcole4001
formatting
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.