Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

AmyStone

What's wrong with the lobbies?

Recommended Posts

1898
8 minutes ago, No Homing said:

What, people still play in public lobbies? Lol.

Yes. Have and always will, I have no problem with it.

Edited by 1898
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrungeNinja
10 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Yes. Have and always will, I have no problem with

Same here. It seems some ppl dont understand not everyone play with friends, in fact I think the majority actually. Even on Gtao once and a while when my friends decide to do something we get together in public lobbies there.

Edited by GrungeNinja
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

The weekend was bliss again, the most I've had in any session was 6 others, that was Saturday. Otherwise it's only been 1-4 others in session which is awesome indeed.

  • Like 5
  • YEE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
3 hours ago, No Homing said:

What, people still play in public lobbies? Lol.

I still visit public lobbies on occasion, especially now to see if there is a difference between a solo and the "new" public lobbies. And my opinion is that there are differences, enough so that I still try to get into solos as much as possible.

 

And I say "as much as possible" because I have found fewer players making solo lobbies now that the "new" public lobbies (with fewer players) are working. 

 

A solo lobby has a certain flow to it that I've become used to and it's different (to me) from that of the "new" public lobbies. Even I was surprised when, while I was traveling to drop off an NPC, I ran into that cop tied to a stake and rescued him, ran into a legendary animal, sampled it and then dropped the NPC off. That's the kind of action flow I'm used to while in a solo.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Yeah, last night I was in a solo (public) session for quite a while, and since I was bored, grabbed a mail delivery mission from Emerald Station.

 

Not long into the mission, I ran into a treasure hunter--didn't know that was possible! I knew multiple random encounters were, but I had thought that random encounters were locked out while doing missions.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I was in a solo at one point yesterday, camp had filled up to 100, and the daily was to make $200 from trading, so I thought 'why not do a distant sale?'

As soon as the cut scene for the sale finished I checked and there's another player there now.  🤨

 

They didn't end up being a problem, but still...WTF!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer
9 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

As soon as the cut scene for the sale finished I checked and there's another player there now.  🤨

 

They didn't end up being a problem, but still...WTF!!!

 

I find it INCREDIBLY RARE to even SEE another player (as a blue dot, on the map), even if in a lobby with as many as six of them; so it is no longer really a concern

for me at all.

 

If I do, it actually makes me happy and I tip my hat at them ;) The times I have (seen another blue dot at all) , we were both just out riding our horses wherever, rather than engaged in a delivery or something.

Then I make it a point to holster my weapon, then tip my hat. I think griefer types are probably not in such lobbys; they'd probably not bother to be in a lobby with only a couple of people, if they were really

wanting to grief/bother people.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
On 9/16/2020 at 10:42 AM, GrungeNinja said:

Same here. It seems some ppl dont understand not everyone play with friends, in fact I think the majority actually. Even on Gtao once and a while when my friends decide to do something we get together in public lobbies there.

I made friends in these lobbies to play with. I don't have any real life friends who play PC games at all.

13 hours ago, Krommer said:

 

I find it INCREDIBLY RARE to even SEE another player (as a blue dot, on the map), even if in a lobby with as many as six of them; so it is no longer really a concern

for me at all.

 

If I do, it actually makes me happy and I tip my hat at them ;) The times I have (seen another blue dot at all) , we were both just out riding our horses wherever, rather than engaged in a delivery or something.

Then I make it a point to holster my weapon, then tip my hat. I think griefer types are probably not in such lobbys; they'd probably not bother to be in a lobby with only a couple of people, if they were really

wanting to grief/bother people.

They're still out their but I guess the effort it takes for them to actually run across anyone makes it not worth the time. They can't just hang out in Blackwater, Tumbleweed, St. Denis and Valentine knowing people will be along frequently. As far as modders, it's a lot harder for them to hide who is doing the crap when there are only 2 people in the lobby.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmaster234

So people are saying in twitter that small lobbies are gone !!! Someone that confirm this please...😥

Edited by darkmaster234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster

Nope still small where I'm at. Between 2-4 people per session today.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almostnasty

I joined a Protect Legendary Animal event in Free Roam yesterday and it was nice to see 10+ players congregated in an area for the first time in a while. One thing immediately caught my attention though, there were spikes of server lag and when a lot of players happened to get closer to each other the frames got real choppy. It was pretty jarring to say the least.

 

That encounter just further reinforced how lonely the game has been as of late. Of course I have friends readily available to join up with, but I also love meeting new players and personalities along the way too.

 

Rockstar is great at world building and making vast sandboxes, but IMO the lack of a social hub of any sort just seems like a huge oversight on their part. Posse Up? That’s cute but all of the good posses are full or invite only so that only adds to the list of counterintuitive maneuvers on their end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Assblaster said:

Nope still small where I'm at. Between 2-4 people per session today.

Same here.

 

Joined the game and there was 4 others, 2 in a posse were red though, so I quit that session immediately and reloaded in. Only 2 others in the next one and that went to 1 other after about half hour.

 

Awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, darkmaster234 said:

So people are saying in twitter that small lobbies are gone !!! Someone that confirm this please...😥

 

1 hour ago, Assblaster said:

Nope still small where I'm at. Between 2-4 people per session today.

 

35 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Same here.

 

Joined the game and there was 4 others, 2 in a posse were red though, so I quit that session immediately and reloaded in. Only 2 others in the next one and that went to 1 other after about half hour.

 

Awesome!

Same here. I've not had more than 5 other players in a lobby with me all day.

 

Over the last few days I've landed in larger lobbies, still only 10 or 12 players, but they've all dwindled down to just a hand full fairly quickly.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Same on the PC (Steam); last night I started out with 10 players (largest in a while), but it shrank shortly afterwards to 2-4 and at times, I was in solo sessions... gotta love it!

 

These small sessions are the only reason I've (legitimately) encountered treasure hunters and treasure trees since playing on the PC (January this year).

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
44 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Same here. I've not had more than 5 other players in a lobby with me all day.

 

Over the last few days I've landed in larger lobbies, still only 10 or 12 players, but they've all dwindled down to just a hand full fairly quickly.

I'm just eager to see what R* do going forward now, with this but also regarding the other thread where high levels are seeing issues too.

 

I'm loving the game at the mo but still can't fully embrace things as I expect the worst on the next DLC/batch of fixes, plus seeing it could all get lost if I hit higher ranks is disheartening to see as well. But if it remains like this for lobbies or we get the coveted lobby options, the DLC would get an instant liking from me, lol. :)

 

18 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Same on the PC (Steam); last night I started out with 10 players (largest in a while), but it shrank shortly afterwards to 2-4 and at times, I was in solo sessions... gotta love it!

 

These small sessions are the only reason I've (legitimately) encountered treasure hunters and treasure trees since playing on the PC (January this year).

Found me a treasure hunter myself over the weekend too. Been saving my maps for now and have 11 stashed on me and 2 at the post office, lol. A tasty lil' nest egg indeed. Never had this many ready to do. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
16 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Found me a treasure hunter myself over the weekend too. Been saving my maps for now and have 11 stashed on me and 2 at the post office, lol. A tasty lil' nest egg indeed. Never had this many ready to do.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with having a stash of maps ready--personally have nine of them. :)

 

But this time I'm going to let the Kamassa River map permanently stagnate in storage so that my favorite treasure tree doesn't keep giving me more duplicate maps. :) The next Brandywine Drop map I get deserves the same fate. lol

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hotrats773
3 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Yeah, you can't go wrong with having a stash of maps ready--personally have nine of them. :)

Hahaha. The "Adder Bonds" of RDO. 

  • Like 4
  • KEKW 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
5 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Yeah, you can't go wrong with having a stash of maps ready--personally have nine of them. :)

 

But this time I'm going to let the Kamassa River map permanently stagnate in storage so that my favorite treasure tree doesn't keep giving me more duplicate maps. :) The next Brandywine Drop map I get deserves the same fate. lol

I find Kamassa not too bad for locations, but Brandywine sucks, way too many levels to have to search.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ What would be helpful is if R* expanded the "gold swirl" visibility range when activating Eagle Eye. In my experience, it doesn't show until you're almost standing next to the treasure chest--which IMO is rather pointless, as it's supposed to help you locate the treasure.

 

Sure; it's supposed to be a search--but in cases like Brandywine Drop, it's downright annoying to find (let alone get to that chest), even when you know the four general locations. If I could discard treasure maps, Brandywine Drop would get ditched every time.

 

And I'd still like to see some treasure at the wrecked ship on the island west of Rhodes. The perfect spot to put a treasure chest... still doesn't have one. Doesn't have to be at the ship--other locations on the island would be fine too.

 

Heck, phase out Brandywine Drop for the island location, and watch players smile!

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
1 hour ago, hotrats773 said:

Hahaha. The "Adder Bonds" of RDO.

lol Except these are actually 100% legit (no "money laundering" involved). ;) To date, I still haven't received a penny of "modder" money in RDO; fairly impressive for R*.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
5 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ What would be helpful is if R* expanded the "gold swirl" visibility range when activating Eagle Eye. In my experience, it doesn't show until you're almost standing next to the treasure chest--which IMO is rather pointless, as it's supposed to help you locate the treasure.

 

Sure; it's supposed to be a search--but in cases like Brandywine Drop, it's downright annoying to find (let alone get to that chest), even when you know the four general locations. If I could discard treasure maps, Brandywine Drop would get ditched every time.

 

And I'd still like to see some treasure at the wrecked ship on the island west of Rhodes. The perfect spot to put a treasure chest... still doesn't have one. Doesn't have to be at the ship--other locations on the island would be fine too.

 

Heck, phase out Brandywine Drop for the island location, and watch players smile!

We need some treasure map locations in Tall Trees, I'm really suprised there aren't any there.

And more in the snowy region, like up at Spider Gorge for example.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
2 hours ago, No Homing said:

We need some treasure map locations in Tall Trees, I'm really suprised there aren't any there.

And more in the snowy region, like up at Spider Gorge for example.

😱Not Tall Trees!!! I hate that place. I'm preditor bait up there. 😬

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
8 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ What would be helpful is if R* expanded the "gold swirl" visibility range when activating Eagle Eye. In my experience, it doesn't show until you're almost standing next to the treasure chest--which IMO is rather pointless, as it's supposed to help you locate the treasure.

 

Sure; it's supposed to be a search--but in cases like Brandywine Drop, it's downright annoying to find (let alone get to that chest), even when you know the four general locations. If I could discard treasure maps, Brandywine Drop would get ditched every time.

 

And I'd still like to see some treasure at the wrecked ship on the island west of Rhodes. The perfect spot to put a treasure chest... still doesn't have one. Doesn't have to be at the ship--other locations on the island would be fine too.

 

Heck, phase out Brandywine Drop for the island location, and watch players smile!

The improved binoculars work pretty well for searching out treasures.

I was determined to not use the collector map for doing maps.

I generally load in just to clear some maps when I feel like it, and treat those sessions as relaxed paced exploration.

Find a high spot and scan the area, kind of make a grid search of it.

Eventually you get to know the area and the likely spots.

 

Except for Brandywine, that one's a pain, I have never spotted the treasure from any distance there.

 

==============================================================================

 

Picked up another map from a Treasure hunter today, as well as one for Rank 455, now my Kamassa map in the lockbox is greyed out, so I must have looted one at a random shine mission or the hideout at Fort Mercer, which appeared as I was approaching to get the daily done, thanks to these low pop sessions.

 

When they "fix" the lobbies they had better actually fix all the things that make regular sessions suck so bad.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza

lol. Nothing wrong with the lobbies. I've been able to rank up Moonshiner on my #2 character by doing the story missions once each, 2 sales and the rest with the open world bootlegger spawns. Didn't even try to rank up the role itself, but got it done anyway 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxwolfe

Personally I'd rather have full lobbies, the online portion is lacking too many of the features from the story mode for me to get enough enjoyment out of low pop/solo lobbies. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the random encounters working more consistently, but other than that the game feels dead as f*ck to me, it would be one thing if my character had a similar level of interaction with the NPCs/world.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I was testing a couple of ideas to get screenshots working again last night (which still didn't work) and the sessions kept filling up from just 1 other player to 6 or 7 in the 5-10 minutes I was on each time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898

I think they should introduce a new Daily/Weekly Challenge or maybe even a new Role.

 

Call it "Find Another Player". 

 

Imagine you and the other 2 guys running around looking for each other. It should pay double or triple bonuses and a special belt buckle if you're able to pull it off.

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
18 minutes ago, 1898 said:

I think they should introduce a new Daily/Weekly Challenge or maybe even a new Role.

 

Call it "Find Another Player". 

 

Imagine you and the other 2 guys running around looking for each other. It should pay double or triple bonuses and a special belt buckle if you're able to pull it off.

 

I used to do the former one "avoid any other player" and it's the best thing ever. 

 

In these lobbies, you get a lot more done in less time, giving you time to either goof around a lot more or play another game. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
On 9/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Foxwolfe said:

Personally I'd rather have full lobbies, the online portion is lacking too many of the features from the story mode for me to get enough enjoyment out of low pop/solo lobbies. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the random encounters working more consistently, but other than that the game feels dead as f*ck to me, it would be one thing if my character had a similar level of interaction with the NPCs/world.

I'll ask again since no one has answered the question before. Exactly what kind of interaction with other players are you talking about? I'm asking seriously since even with full lobbies and 3500 hours game time I rarely had interaction with players other than modders or those trying to kill me.

Edited by StyxTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
On 9/20/2020 at 7:56 AM, kcole4001 said:

I was testing a couple of ideas to get screenshots working again last night (which still didn't work) and the sessions kept filling up from just 1 other player to 6 or 7 in the 5-10 minutes I was on each time.

Not sure why, but my sessions typically go the other way--they start out large (~8-11 players), then drop to around 2-3, or even leave me in a solo session within maybe(?) a half hour.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.