3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Quest for Distant Eyes

Jade95

Hello. Recently, I discovered one unsolved mystery of GTA III.

It's called Distant Eyes, and according to GTA Myths Wiki, there's not much is known about this and it's extremely unknown and old myth. Also, it says that its status is Possible. Check the page for more information (https://gta-myths.fandom.com/wiki/Distant_Eyes)

I tried to find more information, but only information other than the wiki was one topic in this forum called GTA 3 distant eyes myth, real? fake? or two stars? However, I couldn't enter this topic and it says I don't have permission.

So I set the search filter. I tried to look for any articles about this written from Jan 2001 to 2007 Dec and I could find nothing.

Do you guys know anything about this creature? If you do, let's search for it together

• Like 1
Earthbound

If you use the Wayback Machine, you can actually see the post you mentioned, and unfortunately it isn't very useful, click. He does specify a location where he claims to have seen it, might be worth seeing what you can find there?

Blaze

Gonna throw it out there and say it's more than likely stars/lod lights/etc as opposed to a "monstrous and enigmatic creature" - take anything you read on GTAWikia with a grain of salt. Most of the "myths" that surround the GTA series are just unfounded hearsay that has been repeated over the years with no definite evidence.

Edited by Blaze
On 8/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, Earthbound said:

If you use the Wayback Machine, you can actually see the post you mentioned, and unfortunately it isn't very useful, click. He does specify a location where he claims to have seen it, might be worth seeing what you can find there?

Thank you! I will investigate the area and take screenshots if I find something look like Distant Eyes.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, Blaze said:

Gonna throw it out there and say it's more than likely stars/lod lights/etc as opposed to a "monstrous and enigmatic creature" - take anything you read on GTAWikia with a grain of salt. Most of the "myths" that surround the GTA series are just unfounded hearsay that has been repeated over the years with no definite evidence.

Thank you!

Edited by Jade95
E Revere

I agree with @Blaze here. While I do commend all the effort that went into GTA Myths wiki and even had friendships with some of their old admins, most of the myths on there are just fake screenshots, mods and old creepypastas that people once tried to fool children into believing. If you consider the possibility of any of them being true despite being nowhere in the game's code, then you're also considering there being some sort of demonic spirit that possessed your PC and made that myth appear in your game. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

31 minutes ago, E Revere said:

I agree with @Blaze here. While I do commend all the effort that went into GTA Myths wiki and even had friendships with some of their old admins, most of the myths on there are just fake screenshots, mods and old creepypastas that people once tried to fool children into believing. If you consider the possibility of any of them being true despite being nowhere in the game's code, then you're also considering there being some sort of demonic spirit that possessed your PC and made that myth appear in your game. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

That's true!!! thx

14 hours ago, BlueLion90 said:

That's GTA II looking to see how it's child handles 3D 😁

Thx for posting but can you tell me what do you mean?

4 hours ago, Jade95 said:

Thx for posting but can you tell me what do you mean?

It was a joke. It might just be a boat.

• 4 months later...
1funeral2many

tried looking for these "mysterious eyes" the other night but no luck, grabbed a boat by asuka's place and drove around during the night cycle with my draw distance all the way up. it was raining but idk if that could mess with the chances of them dissappearing.

discovered the gta myth wiki the other day which is where i heard of it. most of it is obvious fakes done to goof with people and even if the more believable stuff is complete bs i like to imagine that deep down big foot or ratman is real, like if i had a multi-million dollar development team with the budgets to put weird secret stuff in my games id totally do it lol