Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Help: Modder dropped money on my friend


Ogg360

Recommended Posts

Hello all.

 

It is my first time ever posting here and I am unsure if these sorts of questions are allowed. But I was still hoping for some sort of help. If they aren’t then I apologize.

 

Last night, my friend and I were playing around GTA when all of a sudden a modder somehow teleported her out of my car and was dropping money on her. She said that the money on hand was increasing by the 100’s and she left the game immediately. She went into an invite only session and she said that she currently has around $86,000 on hand. I don’t know if she had money already on hand, but that is what she saw.
 

Now I have seen many threads around the internet giving extremely mixed answers and it is stressing me out. Will she get banned for receiving even a little bit of modded money? And what is the best course of action to do right now because she hasn’t submitted a ticket to Rockstar support yet. I am assuming that’s a good thing to do, but even then I read that Rockstar said that there is no need to report I and that they can differentiate between modders and legit players who were given modded money by mistake. And then of course there are people that say Rockstar cannot tell the difference even if they stated it themselves they do. 
 

Can someone please clarify these things for me as it stresses me out and I do not want anything bad to happen to my friend’s account.

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ogg360 said:

Will she get banned for receiving even a little bit of modded money?

No. 

 

44 minutes ago, Ogg360 said:

And what is the best course of action to do right now because she hasn’t submitted a ticket to Rockstar support yet. I am assuming that’s a good thing to do, but even then I read that Rockstar said that there is no need to report I and that they can differentiate between modders and legit players who were given modded money by mistake. And then of course there are people that say Rockstar cannot tell the difference even if they stated it themselves they do. 

So the answer to that one becomes more technical. Rockstar Games can tell the difference in modded money and legit money, but sometimes it'll depend on where that money's coming from. Modders Cheaters might be able to make it seem like legitimate game transactions occurring, albeit just at a much faster rate, or with much higher values, but to Rockstar those just look genuine. 

 

When it comes to money spawning in session that other players can pick up, Rockstar are notified about the money drop event taking place and might join sessions to "sort that out" and in those cases, players who were deemed to be actively involved in the money drop - soliciting it or wanting it - would get banned. I'm not entirely sure on whether that still happens or if they just ban the person doing the money drop. That is, of course, if the cheater is stupid enough to remain in the session whilst Rockstar are there watching them... 

 

You never need to create a support ticket for modded money - there are people that have done that in 2017 and still waiting for their money to be wiped - and nothing will happen if that money gets spent. 

 

Welcome to the forums, and good luck for the future!

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ogg360 said:

Hello all.

 

It is my first time ever posting here and I am unsure if these sorts of questions are allowed. But I was still hoping for some sort of help. If  not want anything bad to happen to my friend’s account.

 

Thank you.

You don't get banned for receiving modded cash no matter who tells you different. Deposit the $87,000 into your Maze bank account and continue to play the game as you normally would making sure you always keep a minimum bank balance of $87,000. Next time Rockstar does a sweep they will remove it so it better be there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, Gaffa said:

No. 

 

So the answer to that one becomes more technical. Rockstar Games can tell the difference in modded money and legit money, but sometimes it'll depend on where that money's coming from. Modders Cheaters might be able to make it seem like legitimate game transactions occurring, albeit just at a much faster rate, or with much higher values, but to Rockstar those just look genuine. 

 

When it comes to money spawning in session that other players can pick up, Rockstar are notified about the money drop event taking place and might join sessions to "sort that out" and in those cases, players who were deemed to be actively involved in the money drop - soliciting it or wanting it - would get banned. I'm not entirely sure on whether that still happens or if they just ban the person doing the money drop. That is, of course, if the cheater is stupid enough to remain in the session whilst Rockstar are there watching them... 

 

You never need to create a support ticket for modded money - there are people that have done that in 2017 and still waiting for their money to be wiped - and nothing will happen if that money gets spent. 

 

Welcome to the forums, and good luck for the future!

Thank you very much for the reply. I actually didn’t know anyone responded to this thread until I logged back in. 
 

That is a weight off of my mind. I didn’t know that Rockstar could do that sort of thing. 
 

And alright, I did read that statement from Rockstar where they inquired that you do not need to submit a ticket ever for these kinds of situations and that the innocent players will be safe. It is the amount of people who give me all sorts of different answers and everything else that has made me paranoid.
 

Again, thank you so much for the help.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, daisymollie said:

You don't get banned for receiving modded cash no matter who tells you different. Deposit the $87,000 into your Maze bank account and continue to play the game as you normally would making sure you always keep a minimum bank balance of $87,000. Next time Rockstar does a sweep they will remove it so it better be there. 

Thank you very much for the reply. The weight on my head has been lifted.

 

Also, what do you mean by to always keep a minimum balance of $87,000? Will Rockstar money wipe even more money if they ever decide to do that for my friend? 
 

Again, thank you

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ogg360 said:

...Also, what do you mean by to always keep a minimum balance of $87,000? Will Rockstar money wipe even more money if they ever decide to do that for my friend? 
 

Again, thank you

All Rockstar wants is the $87,000 that wasn't earned so don't let your Maze bank account drop below that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, Gaffa said:

When it comes to money spawning in session that other players can pick up, Rockstar are notified about the money drop event taking place and might join sessions to "sort that out" and in those cases, players who were deemed to be actively involved in the money drop - soliciting it or wanting it - would get banned. I'm not entirely sure on whether that still happens or if they just ban the person doing the money drop. That is, of course, if the cheater is stupid enough to remain in the session whilst Rockstar are there watching them... 

It does still happen on PC, but the chances of getting a ban on the spot from R* moderators (for receiving drops i mean) is like 1% these days, they will often just take the money if they know how much it is, and if they dont know they will question the person, if that doesn't give them a satisfactory answer they just take a percentage of the players money.

Sadly the amount of times i see R* moderators show up has lowered significantly, last i've seen them is months ago now, you can really tell that they are even less interested these days when compared to a few years ago.

 

3 hours ago, Ogg360 said:

Also, what do you mean by to always keep a minimum balance of $87,000? Will Rockstar money wipe even more money if they ever decide to do that for my friend? 

Theres an automated system running in the R* servers that tries to figure out what players are spending money they never should've had in the first place, if theres a fairly large amount of money unaccounted for it results in an automated ban. So what a lot of people have figured out (because in general R* support people seem pretty uninterested in fixing your balance) is that you can just keep track of what money you shouldn't have, and always make sure to have that amount of money on your in game bank account, that way you essentially never spend cheater money and never get in trouble. (to figure out how many funds you have gotten from cheaters just look in stats at "total earned" vs "total spent" and calculate that with what money you have in your wallet/bank account, if you add wallet/bank account to total spent you should end up at total earned, anything above that is the cheater drops)

Personally i do like to occasionally tell R* support the state of my cheater-funds because it can get quite bad over time, and just in case i ever do get an automated ban i want to be able to go "but look, i've been telling you guys to remove cheater funds from my account for years now!" i got 1.6mil though, a lot more then 87k, so they are a bit more active towards me about that compared to the average player (this thread made me check a open ticket i made last week about exactly this and yea, they actually went 'please confirm this request over your email acc so we can proceed' this morning)


Long story short, you can really only get banned for SPENDING cheater money, as long as your friend doesn't do that they will be left alone, if either of you start getting large amounts of cheater funds you can get R* support to remove it by contacting support (and i strongly suggest everybody to occasionally do this just to be on the safe side) but it can be a uphill battle sometimes (depending on the amount of money and the support person you get)

Edited by suicidal_banana
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suicidal_banana said:

It does still happen on PC, but the chances of getting a ban on the spot from R* moderators (for receiving drops i mean) is like 1% these days, they will often just take the money if they know how much it is, and if they dont know they will question the person, if that doesn't give them a satisfactory answer they just take a percentage of the players money.

Sadly the amount of times i see R* moderators show up has lowered significantly, last i've seen them is months ago now, you can really tell that they are even less interested these days when compared to a few years ago.

Well Rockstar Staff spoof their details these days, so nobody will really know for sure who's on or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

It does still happen on PC, but the chances of getting a ban on the spot from R* moderators (for receiving drops i mean) is like 1% these days, they will often just take the money if they know how much it is, and if they dont know they will question the person, if that doesn't give them a satisfactory answer they just take a percentage of the players money.

Sadly the amount of times i see R* moderators show up has lowered significantly, last i've seen them is months ago now, you can really tell that they are even less interested these days when compared to a few years ago.

 

Theres an automated system running in the R* servers that tries to figure out what players are spending money they never should've had in the first place, if theres a fairly large amount of money unaccounted for it results in an automated ban. So what a lot of people have figured out (because in general R* support people seem pretty uninterested in fixing your balance) is that you can just keep track of what money you shouldn't have, and always make sure to have that amount of money on your in game bank account, that way you essentially never spend cheater money and never get in trouble. (to figure out how many funds you have gotten from cheaters just look in stats at "total earned" vs "total spent" and calculate that with what money you have in your wallet/bank account, if you add wallet/bank account to total spent you should end up at total earned, anything above that is the cheater drops)

Personally i do like to occasionally tell R* support the state of my cheater-funds because it can get quite bad over time, and just in case i ever do get an automated ban i want to be able to go "but look, i've been telling you guys to remove cheater funds from my account for years now!" i got 1.6mil though, a lot more then 87k, so they are a bit more active towards me about that compared to the average player (this thread made me check a open ticket i made last week about exactly this and yea, they actually went 'please confirm this request over your email acc so we can proceed' this morning)


Long story short, you can really only get banned for SPENDING cheater money, as long as your friend doesn't do that they will be left alone, if either of you start getting large amounts of cheater funds you can get R* support to remove it by contacting support (and i strongly suggest everybody to occasionally do this just to be on the safe side) but it can be a uphill battle sometimes (depending on the amount of money and the support person you get)

Hmmm I see. Thank you for your reply. It has been a couple days now since we played so we aren’t sure if anything happened or not. She tells me she isn’t worried about it. 
 

And how exactly do you not spend the cheater money? Does she keep it in her hand and not in the bank?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ogg360 said:

And how exactly do you not spend the cheater money? Does she keep it in her hand and not in the bank?

You don't play the game again. 

 

Otherwise it's impossible as there's no separate "bank" or "wallet" for modded money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

You don't play the game again. 

 

Otherwise it's impossible as there's no separate "bank" or "wallet" for modded money. 

Are you serious? I have never seen anyone else suggest that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ogg360 said:

Are you serious? I have never seen anyone else suggest that.

Because that's what people expect you to do and it's a bit stupid and totally unrealistic. 

 

Just do what most people do who get dropped modded money - keep playing the game as if nothing happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ogg360 said:

...And how exactly do you not spend the cheater money? Does she keep it in her hand and not in the bank?

This is not rocket science. Just make sure you have enough in your Maze bank account to cover the $87,000 when Rockstar comes to collect it. I'm done with this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ogg360 said:

Hmmm I see. Thank you for your reply. It has been a couple days now since we played so we aren’t sure if anything happened or not. She tells me she isn’t worried about it. 
And how exactly do you not spend the cheater money? Does she keep it in her hand and not in the bank?

13 hours ago, daisymollie said:

This is not rocket science. Just make sure you have enough in your Maze bank account to cover the $87,000 when Rockstar comes to collect it. I'm done with this.

Like @daisymollie said your friend needs to just make sure to keep enough in their bank account to cover the 87k for when R* finally does come to collect it.

 

 


Also here you go directly 'from the mouth of the beast' so to speak, got this earlier today:
p57NV7l.png

There you have it, from R* support, as long as your friend didnt do any cheating (and based on everything you've told us they didnt) there's nothing to worry about, all that might happen is R* removing the money during a sweep. (if you read the paragraph above the one i highlighted you can see they have both an automated system & manually do sweeps aswell)

Heres the link 'Alice A' shared:
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115008697067/Illegitimately-Gained-In-Game-Money-Removal-and-RP-Adjustments

 

So again, all your friend has to do is just keep at least 87k in their bank account so that when the sweep does happen theres no issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, it literally says right there

4lcZjNG.png

 

One-time accommodation. 

 

So if you get money dropped again, you're f*cked. That's literally what that means because you can't request them to remove it again as they've already fulfilled that in the original request. It's not "one time" if you can do it multiple times. 

Lol.

  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Lol, it literally says right there

4lcZjNG.png

 

One-time accommodation. 

 

So if you get money dropped again, you're f*cked. That's literally what that means because you can't request them to remove it again as they've already fulfilled that in the original request. It's not "one time" if you can do it multiple times. 

Lol.

Typical "R* support wording" but i've gotten my balance fixed as a 'one time' thing many times over now 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, suicidal_banana said:

Typical "R* support wording" but i've gotten my balance fixed as a 'one time' thing many times over now 😛

You're one of the few then. 

They've got better things to do anyway than answer people's bi-weekly "remove my modded money" requests and of course, whether they actually do it or not rather than give you the automated response of the system doing it when it does it, entirely depends on who you get. 
 

I'd put my time to better use, honestly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

You're one of the few then. 

They've got better things to do anyway than answer people's bi-weekly "remove my modded money" requests and of course, whether they actually do it or not rather than give you the automated response of the system doing it when it does it, entirely depends on who you get. 
 

I'd put my time to better use, honestly. 

Its just a matter of know how to "sell" your problem to them, so they take the ticket seriously.
In case of getting cheated money removed i tend to wait till around the time they release a new DLC then i go something along the lines of:
"With a new DLC releasing and me having gotten (x amount) of cheater funds over the past months i would very much like these funds to be removed, so that i dont accidentally spend them and get in trouble", that usually gets them to do those 'one-time' fixes 😛 

Also i honestly spend at least 30% of my gaming-time reporting cheaters, and then around DLC releases i report all bugs i find, glitches they didn't fix, etc. Its how i have that 'good standing' with Support that we've discussed in the past (and you dont really believe lols) i dont really mind doing those things, i'd rather spend a little time on that in an effort to make the game better then look the other way and complain in the B*tch & Moan threads and get nothing changed. As a nice bonus i often get some millions for my efforts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a company that's been cutting staff left, right and centre, sure go ahead I guess. Whatever makes you sleep at night. 


🤦‍♂️

Edited by Gaffa
  • Best Bru 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.