3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Maibatsu Penumbra FF Appreciation

Standard Deluxe 59

Isn't Eclipse basically rebadged Chrylser/Eagle?

They are from the era of Diamond-Star Motors when Chrysler basically rebadged same models to sell under a different brand.

They were made in Illinois on american components from amarcan parts and never even sold in Japan due to emission and other restrictions.

Why the heck people put JDM accenets on 100% american build sport car? It has as much to do with Japan as for example Viper or Corvette since all 3 are american sports cars.

Edited by Darekl92

3 hours ago, Darekl92 said:

Why the heck people put JDM accenets on 100% american build sport car?

What exactly are jdm accents? 

On 9/15/2020 at 6:52 PM, Darekl92 said:

They are from the era of Diamond-Star Motors when Chrysler basically rebadged same models to sell under a different brand.

They were made in Illinois on american components from amarcan parts and never even sold in Japan due to emission and other restrictions.

Why the heck people put JDM accenets on 100% american build sport car? It has as much to do with Japan as for example Viper or Corvette since all 3 are american sports cars.

What, you expect them to put American Racing wheels on them and big-ass bugcathers sticking out the hood?

Also I suppose the Viper and a Corvette also have inline Mitsubishi engines, right? Since they're all the same, according to you.

6 hours ago, Dinosbacsi said:

What, you expect them to put American Racing wheels on them and big-ass bugcathers sticking out the hood?

Also I suppose the Viper and a Corvette also have inline Mitsubishi engines, right? Since they're all the same, according to you.

People don’t realise not all tuners are from Japan, and people misuse ‘JDM’ constantly. JDM means Japanese Domestic Market; i.e., something sold specifically for the Japanese market. A Nissan Skyline is JDM, an Acura Integra is not. In 2020, JDM has taken on the same meaning ‘Tuner’ did in 2002. 

There are American tuner cars [Cobalt SS, Neon SRT4], European tuner cars [Fiesta ST, Golf GTI], Korean tuner cars [Veloster N, Genesis Coupe], and so on. In the case of the Eclipse, it was designed and developed by Mitsubishi in Japan but was built in the US for tax reasons. It’s Japanese-American like a Toyota Tacoma.

• 2 weeks later...

e06cfefc-52c1-4e71-a300-bf7a95ce8c8c.png e5a48d22-490e-4fdf-bec3-64878800e567.png Now i can say i got a clean Penumbra rather then my paul walker tribute car. Paint was inspired from the NFS world Eclipse but all and all im happy on this simple build! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, Bravado Buffalo said:

Yes anime 373159826525519872.png?v=1

EVE-20201010201113.008.png

What i don't like about this itachi liveries in gta are those military camos that often we see in some part of the livery...and it breaks the harmony with the rest of the livery imo. I did mine a replica from Paul Walker and now i'm waiting for a discount to buy a second one for my female character and put that flower livery, i will show how it will look according to my idea, soon as it's possible. 😃

On 8/22/2020 at 6:26 AM, Partajeesus said:

I'm always happy to add another princess robot bubblegum car to my garage, but I have to wonder who got the bright idea to use that awful camo pattern on the bumpers.

I was first going to use the f&f livery and thought that maybe my green primary had something to do with it, but nope. The bumpers look always like that.

Of course I still bought it, because it's prb :D

Lmao, i complained about the same problem before even seen this comment, i know how you feel, bruh.

Edited by VitoCorleone1992

16 hours ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

What i don't like about this itachi liveries in gta are those military camos that often we see in some part of the livery...and it breaks the harmony with the rest of the livery imo. I did mine a replica from Paul Walker and now i'm waiting for a discount to buy a second one for my female character and put that flower livery, i will show how it will look according to my idea, soon as it's possible. 😃

Lmao, i complained about the same problem before even seen this comment, i know how you feel, bruh.

Itasha was never intended to be stylish anyway. The word literally means ‘cringe car’ in Japanese. It’s supposed to be as degenerate and loud as possible

1 hour ago, éX-Driver said:

Itasha was never intended to be stylish anyway. The word literally means ‘cringe car’ in Japanese. It’s supposed to be as degenerate and loud as possible

I disagree. All itachi i saw in google at the moment had all the livery harmonious in all aspects, not this visual break with military camo that don't have anything to do with the rest of the livery.

Surprisingly nice to handle, given my prior experience with these "suspension upgrade = stance" cars.

eyOnMYw.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Terrabyte said:

I tried. I saw it and I thought myself, that must be the Penumbra FF, hope Im right.

penumbra-FF.jpg

Yeah your right, the car couldnt possibly be based on the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (same car from F&F - which would explain the liveries... ya know?)

https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/image/1/700/0/uploads/posts/2015/12/19aa4a6f4ed6d3343b7744a907b4a5df.jpg

3 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

Yeah your right, the car couldnt possibly be based on the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (same car from F&F - which would explain the liveries... ya know?)

Im just not sure because of the front, its a lot more pointy.

• Bruh 1

23 minutes ago, Terrabyte said:

Im just not sure because of the front, its a lot more pointy.

LOL this isnt Grand Turismo.... There suppose to be lore friendly versions of the cars, not exact replica's. If it looked 100% like it did in real life they would get copyright charged up the wazooooooo..

12 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

LOL this isnt Grand Turismo.... There suppose to be lore friendly versions of the cars, not exact replica's. If it looked 100% like it did in real life they would get copyright charged up the wazooooooo..

No. I meant my real life picture. I know the Penumbra FF is based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Im just not sure about my picture because it has whole different nose to it. Very shap unlike any other Eclipse.

6 minutes ago, Terrabyte said:

No. I meant my real life picture. I know the Penumbra FF is based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Im just not sure about my picture because it has whole different nose to it. Very shap unlike any other Eclipse.

Umm... because the picture you shared is indeed not an eclipse.. Its an early 90's Mitsubishi 300GT/GTO. A completely different animal in the Mitsubishi line up.

2 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

Umm... because the picture you shared is indeed not an eclipse.. Its an early 90's Mitsubishi 300GT/GTO. A completely different animal in the Mitsubishi line up.

Thats what I meant. Sorry, I really have no clue about japanese/asia cars and I wasn't really sure. It was close for me.

Edited by Terrabyte
  • YEE 1

• 2 weeks later...
Standard Deluxe 59

2Q_PuUWTnkycSOiKJr_enQ_0_0.jpg?downsize=

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:25 PM, Bravado Buffalo said:

Yes anime 373159826525519872.png?v=1

EVE-20201010201113.008.png

Itasha! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 6:52 PM, Darekl92 said:

Yes and no. You know that acura is honda, right? They just changed the name to sell better in the us. It's still a jdm car. On your logic, a japanese car that would be assembled in the us is an us car, but it isn't. Btw, yes, crysler and talon licensed those models with theire batch but the eclipses, also the early 90s ones, are still japanese with a us paint on it (so you can call it). Mitsubishi done those. The batch alone didn't change that. 

But Acura is still Honda, like infinite is nissan (like earlier datsun) and lexus is toyota.

I would even rather call the crysler and talon one us, then those three. 🤔

Edited by Fenrill

• 1 month later...