1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bravado Gauntlet Classic Custom Appreciation

Standard Deluxe 59

Standard Deluxe 59

pwZtGaaCRUe9CqiEm0mCIA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

SC3ZwJ-RM06dmqpE5IJFkw_0_0.jpg?downsize=

By the looks of it we're finally getting a 1969 Daytona/1970 Superbird lookalike that at the very least will be in the game files come Tuesday. The car's body appears to be based on the Gauntlet Classic which while definitely not the worst model, it is a bit off from a 1969/1970 Charger which was a little bigger than the 1970-1974 Challenger that the GC is based on.

In game description: "The temptation of Aglaia, Yellow Dog with Cone, the Bravado Gauntlet Classic Custom. Some works of art are too perfect to tamper with. Unless of course, you're Benny. When a car has room for this many mods, it would be an artistic crime to ignore your reckless creative impulses. Eligible for customization at Benny's Original Motorworks. 

Price: $615,000 + upgrade fee of $575,500*

Edited by Standard Deluxe 59
* discount price
  • Like 4

That roll cage looks weird. I don't think the GC has that cage, does it?

Edit: It does actually. Hmm. It doesn't seem like they've changed all that much. Doesn't look good 

Edited by HamwithCheese

17 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

That roll cage looks weird. I don't think the GC has that cage, does it?

Edit: It does actually. Hmm. It doesn't seem like they've changed all that much. Doesn't look good 

It may just be a LSC mod.

Rockstar's car promos are not known for having good customization choices.

2 minutes ago, BadaBing_1996 said:

It may just be a LSC mod.

Rockstar's car promos are not known for having good customization choices.

If that's the case, then why show it at all? If this is a Benny's vehicle, and all they've done was add custom seats, steering wheels, a cone, tie down pins and bullet mirrors, I don't think that will command a couple hundred grand.

I hope you're right, but I'm betting you aren't 

• Like 1

Standard Deluxe 59
Just now, Gorn Lord said:

Why isn't it based on the Dukes though?

Rockstar Logic (TM)

• Like 6

It looks bad. Seriously. And the Gauntlet Classic already had plenty of mods. You could literally make it look like two or more different Challenger variants or a Hemi Cuda... so what dimwit thought it needed more modifications... especially ones from a car with an entirely different body style... that do not fit... that would've instead fit another already existing car that is actually in dire need of more mod options (the Dukes)?

Jesus. This better be the village idiot of this update. I really hope the rest of the Benny's cars aren't this laughable. 😂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Yeah it might be a bit early to start this thread but since surprisingly no one else had started one for this car, I figured I might as well since sooner or later someone else would. 

I mean, I made a thread about this and the new Indy car yesterday, as soon as the news popped about it. Still, can't complain; more info and shots of this beautiful upcoming car is great! 

Edited by Thronedcircle9

Much as I like the gauntlet classic, I always felt it rode a little high.  I hope they address that with a Daytona/superbird variant. Especially considering the dukes ride height was always spot on

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bravado Buffalo said:

-sigh-

EVE-20200807095841.007.png

FiveM lore friendly mod? 

• Like 2

lol surprised this thread was created so late, considering there was almost a fight for who'd make a topic for the new Lampadati. That Indycar is still without its appreciation thread.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bravado Buffalo said:

-sigh-

EVE-20200807095841.007.png

I was just looking over this mod, and it looks really solid. As for this thing, they didn't even fix the biggest gripe I have with the GC, tiny ass wheels. I bet they didn't even change the exhaust note either. 

Yeah upon close inspection I can tell that this model looks half-assed precisely because they used the wrong car for it.

Just look at the that side profile detail abruptly ending where the daytona aerokit begins, that sh*t is f*cking laughable and wouldn't happen if they had used the Dukes as the base model instead of the Gauntlet Classic.

At the very least they could widen the tires a bit but they didn't even do that either, though to be fair the car is LSC wheels that are narrower than the stock wheels.

Still though, I hope this is the ugly duckling of the update and there's no uglier cars expecting us...Though that P72 also looks ridiculous.

As long as it comes with liveries and that trademark Daytona/Superbird wing, I’ll make it work. 

The rusty spoon

Yea I always thought the GC needed a speed boost anyways maybe it will top the peyote or hellfire well just have to wait and see

21 hours ago, Gorn Lord said:

Why isn't it based on the Dukes though?

Because the Dukes is a mix of 2nd and 3rd gen GTO's. They don't brand it as Imponte for no reason, the Charger wasn't the only car to have flip lights, fender curves, and extended pillars. It was pretty common of the era.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

inb4 (pardon the pun) "Spoiler alert - there's no big Daytona wing!" 
And then everyone goes crazy, and rightly so. 

• Like 2

This may be the one Gauntlet I won't own, because a Daytona Challenger just seems stupid to me(aside from modern Challenger kits, as the modern Charger scarcely resembles the old ones, and so the Challenger is as close as it gets).

Edited by 79'Blazer4x4

On 8/7/2020 at 10:47 PM, HamwithCheese said:

If that's the case, then why show it at all? If this is a Benny's vehicle, and all they've done was add custom seats, steering wheels, a cone, tie down pins and bullet mirrors, I don't think that will command a couple hundred grand.

I hope you're right, but I'm betting you aren't 

You new here or something? The first wave of Benny’s cars amounted to paying for overcambered wheels and the privilege to then go ahead and pay hundreds of thousands to make your interior look like sh*t. 

This will absolutely be a Benny’s car. Nothing more than a $500k fee for a nose cone and possibly a Daytona spoiler if we’re lucky. Watch it get handling flags and be in the bottom half of its class too. 

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

1 hour ago, —TheSquid— said:

You new here or something? The first wave of Benny’s cars amounted to paying for overcambered wheels and the privilege to then go ahead and pay hundreds of thousands to make your interior look like sh*t. 

This will absolutely be a Benny’s car. Nothing more than a $500k fee for a nose cone and possibly a Daytona spoiler if we’re lucky. Watch it get handling flags and be in the bottom half of its class too. 

I want you to take a look a a Bucc and Bucc custom and say that to me again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, —TheSquid— said:

It'll be like the Impaler. $1.2mil to turn it into drag car and then leave the wheelie bars, spoilers, blowers, liveries etc. on the original.

• Like 2

Looking forward to it. As it is based on the Gauntlet Classic I am curious to see which options we get as the LSC tuning options are already dope.

5 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

You have close to 4 times the posts he has and he has the audacity to ask if you're new.. 🤦‍♂️

lol

I know most likely sarcasm but, bruh

Edited by Kushology
  • YEE 1

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

9 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

I want you to take a look a a Bucc and Bucc custom and say that to me again.

I don't know, even that one is pushing it in my opinion. The only major cosmetic difference aside from it being slammed is the option to make it a convertible if I remember correctly. If you want to say that's a big difference then I guess that's fair, but that still means you're paying hundreds of thousands to make your car a convertible with a permanently chopped suspension.

Rather than thinking of this as an official car release, with all of those body lines that obviously don't fit, I'm just going to think of it as a kit car. Someone took a gauntlet classic, popped off the chrome piece and stuck a Daytona front end on it. Only the best from Benny's motorworks. At least the popups aren't bad.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, Thronedcircle9 said:

FiveM lore friendly mod? 

not everything is fivem, there's a thing called singleplayer

• Like 1