3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Story Mode 2.0

DragonYisusXD

I have no idea why, but even on a clean game with no mods i am having issues with the map not loading correctly. Everything stays on the LOD form, really struggling to load the maps and everything... Any idea why that may be?

DragonYisusXD
4 hours ago, TakumiR said:

I have no idea why, but even on a clean game with no mods i am having issues with the map not loading correctly. Everything stays on the LOD form, really struggling to load the maps and everything... Any idea why that may be?

do you have another mod that edits the map ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

do you have another mod that edits the map ?

I do not. I have nothing that edits the map. And even then, I use Mod Loader, so I just had to delete the other mods just in case.

I also tried with a clean copy of the game, dropped everything in there and it kept acting weird.

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, TakumiR said:

I do not. I have nothing that edits the map. And even then, I use Mod Loader, so I just had to delete the other mods just in case.

I also tried with a clean copy of the game, dropped everything in there and it kept acting weird.

probably you just have problems to load the game correctly, you need a memory fix mod

Edited by DragonYisusXD

DragonYisusXD

little update:

• fixed bug of the blue hoody in wardrobe
  • fixed bug in the WCTR along with some retouch
  • added many in-game characters models to make them as closest to the cutscenes models
  • added dialogues in Big Smoke when you go ahead from sweet and the others
  • Ballas car will now attack the closest one instead of being random for Sweet and CJ in Big Smoke

https://www.mediafire.com/file/37s8pz0rlc5buay/Story+Mode+2.0.rar/file

I gotta say, this might be the best "Story Enhancement" mod i've seen in here, this makes the game more enjoyable to play and fixes a lot of things that makes the story actually make sense.

There's one thing that makes me wonder, the .rar file takes a lot more space then it needs to be because of the gta3.img file, wouldn't be better of instead downloading the entire gta3.img, you just put the necessary files in a folder and THEN we add those files to the gta3.img or to modloader?

Because from what've seen, there's only 4 files added to gta3.img and it seems kinda unnecessary to put all that extra space for just a handful of files, specially since the gta3.img file it's 70% of the whole mod in terms of space for no good reason at all, my internet sucks and it takes me about a hour or more to download this mod, everyone will definitely save a lot of time if you just remove the gta3.img file and only make us add the necessary files to gta3.img or modloader.

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, iAbokai said:

I gotta say, this might be the best "Story Enhancement" mod i've seen in here, this makes the game more enjoyable to play and fixes a lot of things that makes the story actually make sense.

There's one thing that makes me wonder, the .rar file takes a lot more space then it needs to be because of the gta3.img file, wouldn't be better of instead downloading the entire gta3.img, you just put the necessary files in a folder and THEN we add those files to the gta3.img or to modloader?

Because from what've seen, there's only 4 files added to gta3.img and it seems kinda unnecessary to put all that extra space for just a handful of files, specially since the gta3.img file it's 70% of the whole mod in terms of space for no good reason at all, my internet sucks and it takes me about a hour or more to download this mod, everyone will definitely save a lot of time if you just remove the gta3.img file and only make us add the necessary files to gta3.img or modloader.

only 4 files added, but I've replaced many others, but that's not a problem, you can replace it like any other original gta3.img and then you can place other mods with modloaded or with a tool of IMG, i made it that way so it would be the easiest to download

Edited by DragonYisusXD

Scarpantibus
1 hour ago, DragonYisusXD said:

only 4 files added, but I've replaced many others, but that's not a problem, you can replace it like any other original gta3.img and then you can place other mods with downloaded r with a tool of IMG, i made it that way so it would be the easiest to download

If it could help, these are the changes made to gta3.img file (I did a little bit of research based on what the author said in the first post)

ADDED FILES:
- Guppy (guppy.dff, guppy.txd)
- Kane (kane.dff, kane.txd)

REPLACED FILES:
- Kendl (kendl.dff, kendl.txd)
- Ryder (ryder2.dff, ryder2.txd, ryder3.dff, ryder3.txd and I think also ryder1.dff, ryder1.txd)

The author can obviously confirm, deny or supplement what I said, of course. 😅

DragonYisusXD
3 minutes ago, Scarpantibus said:

If it could help, these are the changes made to gta3.img file (I did a little bit of research based on what the author said in the first post)

ADDED FILES:
- Guppy (guppy.dff, guppy.txd)
- Kane (kane.dff, kane.txd)

REPLACED FILES:
- Kendl (kendl.dff, kendl.txd)
- Ryder (ryder2.dff, ryder2.txd, ryder3.dff, ryder3.txd and I think also ryder1.dff, ryder1.txd)

The author can obviously confirm, deny or supplement what I said, of course. 😅

replaced almost all special characters in-game models (except ryder1.dff which is unused and still have the same old ryder model

3 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

only 4 files added, but I've replaced many others, but that's not a problem, you can replace it like any other original gta3.img and then you can place other mods with modloaded or with a tool of IMG, i made it that way so it would be the easiest to download

2 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

replaced almost all special characters in-game models (except ryder1.dff which is unused and still have the same old ryder model

But the gta3.img file makes the .rar file way more bigger then it needs to be (specially since you've only replaced all the special characters and added a handful more), by taking out gta3.img and only putting the files you've added/replaced so that people can add those files themselves will make things easier, specially since modloader is a thing and it'll be just as easy as clicking & dragging the gta3.img file to the models folder (or using a IMG Tool, idk). 

Besides, there might be some people that have a modded gta3.img file and replacing the entire thing will probably cause some problems, or maybe they'll do the smart thing and take out the files from your gta3.img file to their gta3.img file, but by then, what's even the point of downloading the entire gta3.img file if it's gonna be deleted anyway?

I'm only suggesting this because downloading a 400 MB .rar every time there's a new update is a pain for me because of the reason i said above, and since that problem can be easily fixed by simply doing the thing i suggested, it'll make updating the mod a lot more quicker.

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)

Little Patch:

• fixed a skip cutscene from running dog
  • only added the modded files from gta3.img
  • again fixed bugs from Seville and Temple system, this time will not bring contradiction with the limited recruitments from missions

Edited by DragonYisusXD

The game crashes at the end of "Los Sepulcros" in the latest update, is anyone having the same problem?

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iAbokai said:

The game crashes at the end of "Los Sepulcros" in the latest update, is anyone having the same problem?

lol, i encounter the problem today

Little Patch:

• Crash at Los Sepulcros when you leave the homies behind is fixed
  • no duplicate dialogue in Just Business
  • fixed the softlock in Los Sepulcros (this bug is actually in the original game, if you recruit the homies before Sweet is entered fully in the car the game will softlock with sweet's car getting locked forever)
  • another time touching the Seville and Temple system (and again, this will cause start the game again, however i hope this will be the last time this has to be a choice in every patch)

Edited by DragonYisusXD

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)

Another Update:

• All in-game texture now are set like an In-Game Texture but with detailed like a cutscenes
  • Maccer, Emmet and Ryder now are have their original in-game models
  • Cutscene Ryder, Emmet and Maccer now have their In-Games models in Cutscenes
  • you don't need to start a new game again for this update

https://www.mediafire.com/file/37s8pz0rlc5buay/Story_Mode_2.0.rar/file

Edited by DragonYisusXD

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)

Another Update:

• Fixed the Trip Skip popping out in Interdiction without failing the mission before (this was caused because of the new dialogues in Monster that was made with the same $Var as the Trip Skip in Interdiction) I've redone the Monster new dialogues with new Variables, so Interdiction or any other Desert mission don't get affected
  • this update is NOT necessary to start a new game but If you're already passed Monster before the Update, then the glitch still will pops, if you install the update before doing Monster then the glitch will be fixed

Edited by DragonYisusXD

I got problem with mission "First Date" when mission start I get message I to far from Catalina, no start questions and i can't start any quest for her.

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, betapl said:

I got problem with mission "First Date" when mission start I get message I to far from Catalina, no start questions and i can't start any quest for her.

never got nothing like this, do you have any others mods ?

Edited by DragonYisusXD

3 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

never got nothing like this, do you have any others mods ?

I use LS property, Trailer Park and mod for 1366x768 resolution, and I use modloader, I try play with off other mods but it doesn't change anything.

Edited by betapl
more info

I solved the problem using mission loader, I load first mission for catalina (in my case "tank commander") and it worked.

DragonYisusXD
12 hours ago, betapl said:

I solved the problem using mission loader, I load first mission for catalina (in my case "tank commander") and it worked.

ok, let me see if i find something

DragonYisusXD
On 3/29/2021 at 7:29 AM, betapl said:

i've played First date and i don't have any problem, you didn't replace any of my files do you ?

6 hours ago, DragonYisusXD said:

i've played First date and i don't have any problem, you didn't replace any of my files do you ?

I reinstall gta and install mod on clean game with resolution mod and now work it. Sorry for problems.

DragonYisusXD
2 hours ago, Bergheisen said:

How i install this in ModLoader?

create the folder Story Mode 2.0 inside modloader and place all the files there (or you can also only place the textures from gta3 and cutscene inside modloader), if you have modloader installed correctly then it should work

DragonYisusXD
Posted (edited)

CHAOS MOD

you guys should have heard of the Chaos mod for GTA San Andreas, well now it is possible to play that mod with Story Mode 2.0 without any problems with the PassCurrentMission effect, as you guys know, the PassCurrentMission automatically makes you pass the mission you're playing but since Story Mode modify the Main.scm, the effect of PassCurrentMission will makes the game crash except for some missions but do not worry, thanks that the owner had open the mod source, i was able you modify the PassCurrentMission effect so it can be compatible for the mod and do not make crashes (WARNING: do not recomment to use this link if you're not going to use it with Story Mode 2.0, this was made specifically for Story Mode 2.0, any other mod that changes the Main.scm or use the original one will cause in a crash, also for this to work perfectly, you need the last version of Story Mode 2.0)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ip2ye06jo9h1l8b/Modded_Chaos.zip/file

Update for Main.SCM

• reduced the dealers in ganton at the start of the game
  • delete some unnecessary lines in Doberman

https://www.mediafire.com/file/37s8pz0rlc5buay/Story_Mode_2.0.rar/file

Edited by DragonYisusXD

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/9/2020 at 11:57 PM, DragonYisusXD said:

sadly i don't how how to edit the graffiti thing, and i'm pretty sure the interiors needs also edit the map 

The graffitis are objects you just need add the with MED (map editor)

Also Mod's author how did you edited the turfs gangs?

Edited by Weeamer

zmudziak32

Gang turfs are editable with either main.scm or writing cleo script.

Shadow Spirit
Posted (edited)
  1. Does this mod include all things from Storyline Enhancement (Well except that you deleted some lines that doesn't make much sense) along with many new features and content ? (Just asking , if there's some story-related stuff there and not here , you could probably add them here too)
  2. Also you could consider splitting categories and not mixing non-mission stuff and mission stuff in one category (like Los Santos) , so it's separate categories for missions and easy-to-read changes with it
  3. Version of the mod adapted to "Ryder does not betray" mod would've been interesting , ofc will have to change a lot of things but will make the storyline looked like an alternative to original (Very unsure as this could take a lot of time and there's better things to do/add to the mod)
  4. Blue Hoody should be replaced by "Combat Jacket" or something as shown in the introduction
Edited by Shadow Spirit
Added 4th opinion

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have a modloader installed correctly (I can load other mods), I have a folder named Story Mode 2.0 in the modloader and when I start up a new save I get stuck at the first cutscene. I've also tried installing it without the modloader to no luck, do I need some specific SA version or something?