2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Shadow Blade

Gammoudicj

hey Gammoudicj, Avery Carrington has something to do with Fabio's family is that in chapter 2 he did not appear he is that I am not good at English I am from Colombia

The John David
14 hours ago, Gammoudicj said:

About the chase, it wasn't hard for me, maybe because I know the routepoints though.

Anyways, the rest of the chapter is in progress so stay tuned.

You need to give some small countdown or warning for the player next time so they could fully understand the situation properly in common sense. But that's alright! Just take your time making the rest of the chapters! Patience is your key!

14 hours ago, ZERO34 said:

hey john you already saw that the youtube aznkei1 is playing your MP of RESISTANCE

I already seen them? So what about it?

bananaking13
13 hours ago, Gammoudicj said:

Thank you for you comment. Now I need to explain few things.

Avery Carrington surely died in LC but I only used the same name because it's related to many objects in San Andreas which is gonna add more realism to this MP.. so it's not the same character.

I had to make Garry beat that prisonner for1 minute because I wanted to make him look like a badass. It's called character development.. you're gonna see more scenes like that on this MP.

And based on your comment you've only played chapter 1 so I recommend you to play chapter 2, it might change your opinion.

And btw M3 never said anything about the drug deal. 

I'm already planning a lot of huge things for the future, that's why I said it might take more than a year to finish this mp, it's a lot deeper than it looks. Lets just say that I've only given you about 5% of the whole story.

Anyways, thank you for your feedback 🙂

Edit: before I release the rest of chapter 2, this MP is NOT RELATED to the original game.

Edit 2: About the cocaine bricks, that's something you're gonna understand when it's time.

Oh okay, I see. So it's a different avery. I just found out chapter 2 is out, so I'm gonna play it now.

Also, it'd help if you can include the download in the original post. 

Edited by bananaking13

8 hours ago, The John David said:

I already seen them? So what about it?

no i thought i didn't know sorry

bananaking13
16 hours ago, Gammoudicj said:

Thank you for you comment. Now I need to explain few things.

Avery Carrington surely died in LC but I only used the same name because it's related to many objects in San Andreas which is gonna add more realism to this MP.. so it's not the same character.

I had to make Garry beat that prisonner for1 minute because I wanted to make him look like a badass. It's called character development.. you're gonna see more scenes like that on this MP.

And based on your comment you've only played chapter 1 so I recommend you to play chapter 2, it might change your opinion.

And btw M3 never said anything about the drug deal. 

I'm already planning a lot of huge things for the future, that's why I said it might take more than a year to finish this mp, it's a lot deeper than it looks. Lets just say that I've only given you about 5% of the whole story.

Anyways, thank you for your feedback 🙂

Edit: before I release the rest of chapter 2, this MP is NOT RELATED to the original game.

Edit 2: About the cocaine bricks, that's something you're gonna understand when it's time.

Btw by M3 i meant mission 3, not M316.

Ok, so I'll get to it. Chapter 2 is great, I'm gonna point out the good and the bad, but I'll start with the bad..

The installation is the biggest problem. It's really difficult to get it going, you have to add new mods after each mission, which is common in DYOM but I don't think you had to do that, you could've placed all of them in the same world. Also the file size is a massive downside, its 340MBs. For reference, there are 60000 missions in dyom.gtagames.nl, not counting storylines and whatnot. Lets say each mission is 32KBs, meaning there's 1920 MBs in dyom. So if you download your MP 7 times, you'd have a file bigger than every DYOM mission put together. Let that sink in.

Another flaw I found is that the dream sequence got dragged on for too long. I liked it at first, but after part 2 I just wanted to know what will happen with Fabio and Jessica and all of them. There's way too much backstory at this point.

Now I'll get to the good part. This is a massive improvement on chapter 1, the cutscenes, object placement, animations are all well done and although the dialogue is dragged out it still felt watchable so I'll give you credit. I'd say you did a great job though, i'll rate this chapter an 8.5/10, only thing preventing it from being a 9 is its length.

20 hours ago, The John David said:

20 hours ago, The John David said:

Hello, those who have already finished chapter 2 have noticed that in chapter 3 of part 1 nothing comes out, one falls into emptiness The truth is, I don't know how to remove this, sorry.

Edited by ZERO34

hey Gammoudicj the missing chapters are already after the nightmare and he wakes up in jail or will he still have nightmares?

Finally completed the chapter 2 as well. CH2 is a whole different experience, almost unrecognisable to the CH1. It took me time to remember the CH1 since it was so long since I've played it and finally, here we are.

First chapter is a standard thing Gammoudicj can give you but now with added steroids. Well packed sequences with a lot of action and destruction, visually improved with skin mods. But the real deal begins with chapter 2 which brought this mp to whole different level. Although it was heavily busted with various mods (which is not a bad thing), dyom is used to it's fullest as well. Additional skins, objects, animations and even scripts were used to enhance this mission-pack and expand Gammoudi's creativity while using dyom to it's fullest including most of missions, if not all, peaking on their limits which include, objectives, vehicles, actors and of course objects. Custom map mods filled with bunch of dyom and non-dyom objects made it feel like you are playing a totally different game. And on the top of it you get amazing soundtrack which captures the atmosphere of each mission in it's own way and adds to the immersion. Incredible. This required a lot of work and time but considering GTA SA is an old game and DYOM hasn't been updated since 2014, they left you no choice but to use mods which were desperately needed to make a huge step forward from typical, overused, monotonous and generic stuff that GTA SA and DYOM have to offer. And I've to say that you succeed. This MP feels like playing another game thanks to various mods plus pushing dyom to the limit.

Gameplay in CH2 was a bit different than CH1 by including a lot of slow-placed scenes (contrary to your previous work) to give space for character development as well as story progression. Initially, I thought this method sacrificed the action-driven missions that we all got used to when playing your MPs but thankfully I was wrong because in part 2 of CH2, all the missing action sequences and crazy mission objectives from CH1 were compensated. Missions were pretty varied, included a bunch of different stuff and objectives with awesome placement and use of objects, vehicles, actors and effects. Sometimes missions can get hard and if you get caught off guard you will get killed in an instant but it didn't bother me. Moreover it just made action scenes more challenging which is a good thing for me. Cutscenes are also very well done and the use of shake effect really added up to the immersion the mods, objects, effects and soundtrack already provided us with. Drug deal arc made up for the missing action and in my opinion fitted into the story. It was like a comeback to the action sequences that you usually put in MPs. The only thing I will criticize is the ending. How the hell could you leave things like that in the last mission, the final moment we have all been waiting for? Or was it to make us hyped even more for the next chapter? Clever move.

Story looks promising. You made me want to know what's going to happen next asap (thanks to the CH2's ending). Chapter 1 mainly consisted of large shootouts and action scenes and there was not much you could find out except from some dialogues which seemed irrelevant until CH2. While that may have been the problem initially, CH2 pretty much explained everything and much more. I honestly think getting to play 15+ flashbacks, MC's mind games and dream sequence missions in CH2 was too much. It was a sudden cut from CH1 but after finishing it, I think the only thing left is CH3 to pack it all together and put an end to this amazing story. A whole chapter dedicated to the character development and story progression has so much details, that it really captures everything there is to see. From MC's childhood, adulthood and finally the struggle he overcomes to remain the man he is now. Everything is so detailed that it deserves a shout since I've never seen somebody do it in dyom this long and detailed before. You can really feel the MC's personality and imagine yourself being in his place. Although I still think a whole chapter dedicated to this may be too much, it's still impressive how you made it. Kudos for that. To avoid the confusion, I would recommend everyone to play CH2 immediately after CH1  because if you don't, it may seem out of place initially. I forgot a lot of details from CH1 which made it harder to connect with CH2. Took some time but it was fine afterwards. I can't wait to see how the story will turn out to be in the end. CH3 will tell. Oh and I liked the sex scenes mainly because they weren't unnecessary fan service but contributed to the character development and relationship between the characters instead.

Cons must be mentioned too. Although I enjoyed this masterpiece, the feedback would be incomplete if I didn't mention some trivial stuff that sometimes ruin the amazing immersion and atmosphere you've created. First, like I said, compared to CH2, CH1 lacked character development and story progression so CH2 had to carry all of it. Even though idea was awesome, I will have to agree with bananaking13 on dream sequences being dragged for too long, and bad dialogue contributes to it. Some dialogues were pretty much unnecessary and having to read every damn move MC is about to make felt annoying after short time. Forcing us to know every single detail the MC does/thinks. It's a total waste of objectives thus making the Chapter much longer than it needs to be. In short, this bad method was overused throughout the MP.

Overall CH3 will decide the fate of the storyline and overall MP experience. Although it's already perfect in many aspects, some trivial stuff and bad decisions ruined the impression in certain cases. Now that I've pointed out the stuff which I didn't like / felt unnecessary, it's still nothing compared to the 'pros' you have deservingly received through this feedback. Make sure you don't overdo stuff next time and pack it all together (since that is going to be CH3's main objective, to put it all together) and I will gladly say this is one, if not the best MP I have played. It's hard to compare it to V for Vinegar and such masterpieces but it's up there, among them.

Good luck and keep it up. A lot of time and effort went into this, damn, it's just amazing.

don't mum but if it's AnDReJ98 that such a friend I like your MPs like Episodes From San Fierro when you're going to get a new one hehehehehe

• 1 month later...