2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Marking vehicles (temporarily) on the PS2 version

Hello! First post here, it's lovely to meet you all!

So I'm making an ultimate save file here, still in the POC stages but I think it can be done IF I can carry over extra vehicles from portland. I found a topic that mentions how vehicles can be marked temporarily during snuff, dead meat, a volatile situation and stop the press on the phone and PS2 versions of the game. There was almost no additional information on the topic however, and the video I was watching doesn't apply to me since I'm marking bikes and an AP RC car. I'll note again, I am aware this is temporary, and that the garage will remove the marked property. That is what I want though, the marked virus can break saves as I hear tell but not with the garage patch in effect.

My issue here is that there is so much information on the marked virus (PSP only) that information about mission-marked vehicles is hard to come by with all this marked virus information clouding my results. I'm hoping someone here might know something or maybe have a link for me with the info I need. My goal is to mark 5 bikes and 1 RC car before or during A Volatile Situation. Thanks for your time

• Like 1
Mădălinn

Since you play on a non-PSP platform, marking rc cars is possible the same way, cause RC bandit has door animation. As for bikes, have you tried the same thing? The main goal is to interrupt the entering/exiting animation, which should work on bikes the same way. If it doesn`t work, then, most likely, I`m sorry, but there isnt another way

20 hours ago, Mădălinn said:

Since you play on a non-PSP platform, marking rc cars is possible the same way, cause RC bandit has door animation. As for bikes, have you tried the same thing? The main goal is to interrupt the entering/exiting animation, which should work on bikes the same way. If it doesn`t work, then, most likely, I`m sorry, but there isnt another way

You said in your guide that there are 3 other missions that involve this glitch, they all involve the door animation? You see that's the part I am having trouble with. I can mark an RC car or a car, but when I mark a bike until I unmark it I cannot ride it. I can still make this work by pushing the car into my garage (assuming removing the marked property will fix the doors) but all my bikes have the H property, even the Sanchez can't be pushed to the garage without exploding. I will have to add the DP property to one of the bikes and mark it, storing the other 4 in my garage and pushing the marked bike near the garage doors where it can chill until I unlock Staunton. I was gonna skip the DP bike part until I start work on the real save as the glitch is quite difficult (this is just a POC save and the new free-roam DP glitch is already confirmed) but I'll do what I gotta do if this is truly the only way. I finally know da wae lol, I'll just have to test that part about unlocking the doors later once I convert a bike to DP. I might write a guide about this. Carrying extra vehicles over from Portland is a pretty useful glitch ;) there is that one youtube video, but I think that's probably the only place this glitch is recorded.

Mădălinn

Yes, only doors. No other way

Even if the bikes are H and tend to explode, use the firefighter fade thing: activate and cancel the mission once the bikes catches fire, to put it out. Same sh*t which is used to salvatore banshee

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Mădălinn said:

Yes, only doors. No other way

Even if the bikes are H and tend to explode, use the firefighter fade thing: activate and cancel the mission once the bikes catches fire, to put it out. Same sh*t which is used to salvatore banshee

It works O.O thank you! This was the final piece I needed! I have been working on this for years man, but I couldn't get the extra vehicles from Portland lol but that should do it I think. The tricky part will be pushing it in the garage without it exploding or shutting the door on it, considering I will be inside a firetruck but I doubt it will take more than a few tries, timing and placement will be critical, might keep a marked firetruck by the bike and break the door off

Btw I did a few experiments with marking vehicles in this way. Turns out the pay'n'spray does not unmark them, and if your marking many vehicles and aren't worried about extra mission attempts, park the cop car in the marker on the curb but not so far as to stop traffic, BEFORE starting A Volatile Situation. Then you can run to the mission and back, skip pushing a vehicle in the marker as there is already one there assuming you went on foot, then you can grab a Leone Sentinel and mark that using the cop car. At that point the cop car disappears, you complete the marking and before suiciding you can place the vehicle by the curb where the marker goes. This saves much time if your marking many vehicles. I also noticed the smoking wreck of a marked vehicle once exploded will remain marked, and a few other curiosities. I bet I could flood the vehicle pool to such an extent as to stop traffic, that could have all sorts of interesting applications lol, if the game doesn't crash

Mădălinn
57 minutes ago, imkira3 said:

It works O.O thank you! This was the final piece I needed! I have been working on this for years man, but I couldn't get the extra vehicles from Portland lol but that should do it I think. The tricky part will be pushing it in the garage without it exploding or shutting the door on it, considering I will be inside a firetruck but I doubt it will take more than a few tries, timing and placement will be critical, might keep a marked firetruck by the bike and break the door off

Btw I did a few experiments with marking vehicles in this way. Turns out the pay'n'spray does not unmark them, and if your marking many vehicles and aren't worried about extra mission attempts, park the cop car in the marker on the curb but not so far as to stop traffic, BEFORE starting A Volatile Situation. Then you can run to the mission and back, skip pushing a vehicle in the marker as there is already one there assuming you went on foot, then you can grab a Leone Sentinel and mark that using the cop car. At that point the cop car disappears, you complete the marking and before suiciding you can place the vehicle by the curb where the marker goes. This saves much time if your marking many vehicles. I also noticed the smoking wreck of a marked vehicle once exploded will remain marked, and a few other curiosities. I bet I could flood the vehicle pool to such an extent as to stop traffic, that could have all sorts of interesting applications lol, if the game doesn't crash

Make sure the door is open and give the bike a hard hit, it should fly inside. Get away and that's it

As for the marking you said, I assume you talk about marking from passenger door?

If yes, I have video about this too

And yes, marking many vehicles disabled the trafic, but be aware that entering subway leads to a crash. A good thing about disabled trafic is that you have a good chance to get the TP NE taxi

9 minutes ago, Mădălinn said:

Make sure the door is open and give the bike a hard hit, it should fly inside. Get away and that's it

As for the marking you said, I assume you talk about marking from passenger door?

If yes, I have video about this too

And yes, marking many vehicles disabled the trafic, but be aware that entering subway leads to a crash. A good thing about disabled trafic is that you have a good chance to get the TP NE taxi

Yes marking from the passenger door was the idea. I think it works because the game still had scripts prepped for exiting the bike in Bumps and Grinds, but we interrupted those scripts from completing. Apparently the bike was meant to be marked by those scripts, which isn't surprising considering it's a mission vehicle. The script was interrupted before it could conclude, upon fully exiting the vehicle. That is why you need those extra seconds while Tony shifts to the passenger seat, similar to DP conversion. I'm only guessing, but it makes sense.

Mădălinn
6 hours ago, imkira3 said:

Yes marking from the passenger door was the idea. I think it works because the game still had scripts prepped for exiting the bike in Bumps and Grinds, but we interrupted those scripts from completing. Apparently the bike was meant to be marked by those scripts, which isn't surprising considering it's a mission vehicle. The script was interrupted before it could conclude, upon fully exiting the vehicle. That is why you need those extra seconds while Tony shifts to the passenger seat, similar to DP conversion. I'm only guessing, but it makes sense.

Yes. I do have a video for passenger seat as well. However, I did the non-om0 method, which is much harder. It works like, 1/100 times. With course menu, you have 100% chances to succed

Edit: the reason why vehicles got marked is because you interrupt toni exiting/entering animation. Similar thing is done in vcs as well, but much different

Edited by Mădălinn
1 hour ago, Mădălinn said:

Yes. I do have a video for passenger seat as well. However, I did the non-om0 method, which is much harder. It works like, 1/100 times. With course menu, you have 100% chances to succed

Edit: the reason why vehicles got marked is because you interrupt toni exiting/entering animation. Similar thing is done in vcs as well, but much different

Hey this is unrelated but do you have any clue exactly what is happening when the guy enters the RC van in this repeatable H conversion trick?

I have done it before, but that was like a year ago and I can't remember. The dude explained nothing in the description, and I'm not sure why but I can't see the comments anymore. Am I supposed to hold R3 like with the firetruck/RC van glitch? Am I supposed to release R3 at a certain time? This dude releases good videos but leaves no written or vocal instructions of any kind :/ it's beyond frustrating puzzling out what he did just by watching.

Lol nvm, I was overthinking it. Had my wires crossed with another glitch I remembered, but I think I got it now.

Edited by imkira3