The Legendary Animals Thread

ALifeOfMisery

XxGreyBushxX

This is nonsense.   A friend and I did the poker glitch once yesterday and once the day before.  We did separate things except when we had a trader sale,  just so we'd both make more money. Wednesday,  he got 7 LA, and I got 5, plus got screwed twice on the white buffalo up north.   Yesterday I got 4 more and he got 3, plus we hooked up another friend with 6.  

We all 3 got the snow buck.  Thre thing is,  go to different areas at the appropriate times,  and in-between,  do the occasional missions to break things up,  which I firmly believe helps immensely in getting them to spawn.  Don't just keep hitting a couple LA spawns repeatedly,  move around.

Sure,  you might get a sore here or there,  but that's better than nothing nothing because you keep upsetting an area over and over. Leave an animal alone a whole day if he didn't spawn for you. I think for the most part you have a 48 minute cooldown. 

25 minutes ago, XxGreyBushxX said:

This is nonsense.   A friend and I did the poker glitch once yesterday and once the day before.  We did separate things except when we had a trader sale,  just so we'd both make more money. Wednesday,  he got 7 LA, and I got 5, plus got screwed twice on the white buffalo up north.   Yesterday I got 4 more and he got 3, plus we hooked up another friend with 6.  

We all 3 got the snow buck.  Thre thing is,  go to different areas at the appropriate times,  and in-between,  do the occasional missions to break things up,  which I firmly believe helps immensely in getting them to spawn.  Don't just keep hitting a couple LA spawns repeatedly,  move around.

Sure,  you might get a sore here or there,  but that's better than nothing nothing because you keep upsetting an area over and over. Leave an animal alone a whole day if he didn't spawn for you. I think for the most part you have a 48 minute cooldown. 

Just stating my findings. I have killed or sampled 39 in free roam total so I’m not really having issues overall, just seems to be a bit of cooldown to me. 

All three of you finding the snow buck isn’t surprising at all. 

I also have found 5-6 in a day but then I don’t see any others for a few days. 

Edited by Wheat

MafiaDesigns

On PS4, I lobby hopped about 4-5 times. Did 2 laps each time, finally got it to spawn at 8:50 PM while it was raining. There's was 19 people in the session. Currently I feel its only possible to get the animals to spawn if you lobby hop or even in solo lobby

XxGreyBushxX

I'm down to the Winson Bison, Mudrunner Buck, and the Zizi Beaver,  from having all unlocked LA skinned. 

AdamNortonUK
On 8/22/2020 at 2:12 AM, Wheat said:

I know the the 72 hour thing seems crazy but I was able to get the Mudrunner and 3 others right after that amount of time had passed. 

Strangely, I couldn’t get a bison or cougar and those are the only Harriet missions I had done.

Not trying to state anything as absolute fact, just sharing my experiences. 

Yeah I'm leaning to the believe there is a 72 hour (in game hours only by the way) cooldown timer on data I've collected. Such timer would need to exist as when all 28 Free Roam Legendary Animals (42 in total including 14 from Harriet) are all available it will give you more chance of spawning others since a lot of the Legendary Animals spawn locations overlap each other so the timer is to prevent you getting the same Legendary Animal since there isn't any other cooldown timers as you can spawn Legendary Animals by going to a different area if the conditions are right, minutes after you've just got one in a different area.

Edited by AdamNortonUK

Failed Again

Got the L Elk last night in free roam(Cholla Springs)

sold the skin to Gus

and tried to buy the coat..said i was wearing wrong outfit?

I purchased it.

but does it need a complete set to wear. I can't wear it

Bought the Boar coat.jacket too.......same deal

Figured it out

there's new garment set tab

Edited by Failed Again

On 8/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, Wunderlicht20 said:

we need a patch r* do anything nothing spawned on ps4

Remember the last time they tried to patch something? 😄

Big TIme McGill

Hadn't seen a LA in over a week.  Yesterday while cruising through Bluewater Marsh, came across Cogi Board.  Stunned, I sampled and photographed him ASAP.  Didn't see another LA for the next two hours.  So pre-patch, I saw one animal in the last week (I'm level 20 Naturalist).

Today I installed the patch and started around Tumbleweed.  Came across Maza Cougar in the Southern Gaptooth region in the first five minutes.  Failed to get him as I kept getting killed by Cougars, but he was there and I got close.

About 30 minutes later I was in Lagras and came across the Sun Gator just east of Lakay.  Managed to sedate the sucker twice but just as I was about to get the sample I got eaten by another alligator and he got away.

So yes, overall the LA spawn seems to be much better as I came across more animals in 45 minutes then I did for the entire last week.  With that being said, my lack of success today left me in some ways more frustrated than ever!

• Like 1

Got Legendary Maza Cougar today at 7 AM.

e1088dec47.jpg

It was next to the road as you can see that roadblock spawned right after.

• Like 2

Is anyone still using the appearance/train solo lobby method? Are you finding L.A.s with it??? I'm doing it but not a single one has spawned for a while now...

Lemoyne outlaw

so i finally got the mud runner buck. i got him last night and i actually have a video. i was searching for it and i finally got the question mark. then i had to start filming as soon as i saw it. i explain all the other details in the video. the only thing i left out was that i was in a solo lobby. i dont know how. but after i did the gator mission. i spawned in a solo lobby. and i teleported to valentine. and the rest is explained.

• Like 1

AdamNortonUK

I wish there was a confirmation prompt at least for donating items to Cripps if it’s Legendary Pelt especially when the game decided to lag and you end up selecting the wrong pelt because you press donate right when the game bugs out and it sells the pelt two slots down instead, was quite annoyed.

It is my own fault as I should have just went to Gus before refilling Cripps which I usually do, but stupidly forgot and due to game bugs donate the wrong pelt especially as I didn’t get the benefits of it filling up my trader bar since I was nearly full when it happened and the 2 Wolves pelts I was trying to donate would have done the job... 

Big TIme McGill

After having a good day Monday, haven't seen a legendary animal in three days.  Went to the usual spawn points, different times of day, weather etc.  Not once question park shows up on my map.  Not convinced the bug fix has addressed the issue.  I'm lvl 20 Naturalist..

ALifeOfMisery

Legendary Midnight Paw Coyote. Around 18:30, public lobby, 5 other players.

• Like 2

Big TIme McGill

The lack of LA spawns is killing my interest in this game.  It appears to be totally random, regardless of location, day, or weather.  I seem to have no problem spawning Moonshiner activities in free roam, but I'll go days without seeing any LA's anywhere.  I'm already lvl 20 so I'm basically just working on the Animal Field Guide.  I understand that spawns shouldn't necessarily be easy but this is ridiculous.  You'd think there would be methods to use bait or attract the legendary animals.  I assume this was the intention behind the pheromones but they don't seem to work at all.

ALifeOfMisery

Legendary Maza Cougar. 7am, public lobby, 2 players.

Almost f*cked this up, more than once.

Legendary Onyx Wolf. 2am the next in game day, in the same 2 player public lobby as above. 

Legendary Chalk Horn Ram. 4pm the following in game day, same 2 player public lobby as both the above.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 1

docholladay1976
14 hours ago, Big TIme McGill said:

You'd think there would be methods to use bait or attract the legendary animals.  I assume this was the intention behind the pheromones but they don't seem to work at all.

Pheromones only work if the legendary is nearby.  It doesn't attract the LA, only makes them give up their position and show on mini map. 

ALifeOfMisery

Legendary Tatanka Bison. 1pm, public lobby, 3 players.

Legendary Zizi Beaver. Same public lobby, now with 2 players, 9pm on the same in game day as above.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 1

AdamNortonUK

I've found this Animal Field Guide site for tracking your animals which I believe is much better than the one on the Social Club: https://tjakubowski.github.io/rdo-naturalist/

I was working on myself for everyone but since I don't use the role I haven't worked on it lately so lack the motivation but the one I've linked seems to be decent anyway.

• Like 2

ALifeOfMisery

Legendary Ota Fox. 8:45am, solo lobby (no glitch).

• Like 1

Having done a fairly large quantity of testing between myself and a friend (PC only, I can't speak for other platforms), using SOLO lobbies or only the 2 of us in sessions.

1. Legendary Animals of the same species/type i.e. Beaver, Buck, Elk, Cougar, Gator, Wolf, Bison, Coyote, Boar, Fox can ONLY be spawned in free roam by an individual player every 72 REAL LIFE (RL) hours, this includes if you do a Harriet mission of that species. So if you want an Elk in free roam and have done the Harriet mission inside the last 72 RL hours you're not going to get a spawn.

2. It only counts as a spawn if you change the yellow question mark ? to the paw mark if you've got close enough to spot the animal. Tested by deliberately ignoring the ? and then going to the spawn area of another of that species and getting a spawn there (Wakpa and Cogi boar in my test). 

3. If you've changed it to a paw and for some reason lost the animal without killing or sedating it then it DOES invoke the 72 RL hours cooldown so don't expect to see it again until that time is up. I've deliberately tested this on an animal and despite going back every few hours over multiple days it ONLY respawned at the 72 RL hour mark. It did however spawn immediately after the 72 hours was up.

4. Legendary Animals do appear to count as random events like Hideouts, Moonshiner, Ambushes and their spawns are mutually exclusive so if there's another random event at a spawn point for the animal it won't spawn, it often will very shortly after the other random events are cleared.

5. The 72 RL hour cooldown is per person so if you're with someone else (or a bunch of people) that has not had that species in the last 72 RL hours it may spawn while you're together, obviously it's not actually easy to tell who spawned an animal in a group, unless you've kept track of when each person last encountered that species.

6. This one is speculation, but appears to be true. If you want to improve the chances of getting a particular Legendary species to spawn and do not want some of the others then do the Harriet missions for the species you do not want, it seems to help a bit.

7. Also a bit speculative, neither of us has successfully found any Legendary animal spawns within a game day (48 RL minutes) after killing or sedating a different species so there appears to be a global cooldown of 48 RL mins on spawns. As I say speculative as it's a tad tricky to test this accurately with the 72 hour cooldown limiting the options. As before this does NOT apply unless changed the ? to a paw. This I have been able to test as I ignored a Marble Fox ? mark and found Winyan at the 72 hour mark within 10 minutes of ignoring the Marble Fox. 

Both of us have tried quite hard to DISPROVE the 72 RL hour cooldown by going to spawns at the right time of day/weather conditions and routes that others have posted and have worked before and failed to find a spawn, but at the end or after the 72 RL hour cooldown finding a spawn is not difficult.

I hope this helps a bit, personally I think the 72 RL hour cooldown is totally excessive and a rather silly way to extend the content, it just leads to annoyance and not the quantity of content.

@Wheat The testing listed in this post supports your feelings. I'm as certain as I can be (without access to the server game code and pulling it apart) that the 72RL hour species wide cooldown exists, at least on the PC platform. 

Edited by CowboyTyke

@CowboyTyke

Good to know and I really appreciate knowing it only counts as a spawn after turning into the paw. That is really valuable information. Thanks for all your time researching and sharing. 

Failed Again

I gave Gus the Snow Buck, whole(not skinned)

No option to buy a coat..

I must have missed skin first

🙁

ALifeOfMisery

@CowboyTyke

Both posted on the 18th, the same day that the Legendary Bucks were added to the game.

Playing solo, no other players around.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

I'm loving just running into LAs naturally. I haven't really been hunting them, just let myself be surprised by the yellow ? as I'm out selling/moonshining/gold farming. 

• Like 1