The Legendary Animals Thread

ALifeOfMisery

MafiaDesigns

Does anyone know of a way to get the Katata Elk to spawn? I still haven't had any luck with it 

XxGreyBushxX

I did it in a solo,  I was trying for the onyx wolf,  and failing,  and decided to ride to the elk,  and that hideout was active. I shot 1 guy and ran off until it cleared off and then ran across that area in the center of the road loop,  and he spawned right up as I got in the middle.

AdamNortonUK

Legendary Mud Runner Buck

This unusual buck has been spotted in the south of The Heartlands, by Flat Iron Lake. Its piebald coat sets it apart from the more common bucks living nearby. With their large antlers, these bucks are known to charge at humans if they feel threatened. They are active during daylight hours and prefer dry weather.

Legendary Mud Runner Buck

Legendary Snow Buck

Grazing near Aurora Basin, this buck has gained a reputation for its bright white coat. Vigilant and fleetfooted, these bucks will flee if they are aware of a human nearby. Bide your time and approach carefully. This buck is most active in the early morning and during dry weather.

Legendary Snow Buck

Edited by AdamNortonUK

2 minutes ago, AdamNortonUK said:

Legendary Mud Runner Buck:

Legendary Snow Buck:

These Bucks are in the Game now ? 

2 hours ago, MafiaDesigns said:

Does anyone know of a way to get the Katata Elk to spawn? I still haven't had any luck with it 

About an hour and a half ago I started a trader delivery once I noticed it was foggy in the Heartlands and cruised up towards Cumberland and finally got it to spawn. It did take awhile though.

FOUND SNOWBUCK IN TALL TREES IT WAS NIGHTTIME AND DRY WHEATER 12PM-1PMVSPVTkD.pngnSMBgUY.png

Edited by ItzMePrime
  • Like 1

ALifeOfMisery

Got the Legendary Mud Runner Buck. 6pm, clear weather 20+ player public lobby.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
Replaced Tweet with YouTube video.
  • Like 3

Shotgun-Pauley

Me and tinkersophie caught the mud runner it spawned at the tree with all the beer bottles 

4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Got the Legendary Mud Runner Buck. 6pm, clear weather 20+ player public lobby.

have u got snow yet when u do where did it spawn for you and time i like to know or if anyone wants to help a follow brother instead of verbal 

ALifeOfMisery

Got the Legendary Snow Buck 2 in game days after the Mud Runner. Same 20+ player public lobby, 5:25am, clear conditions.

llqDoqA.jpg

@Shotgun-Pauley hope this helps.

StandardDonkey

Has anyone been sitting still for a while and had a LA appear? I'm wondering if I can just hang out near a cluster of spawn points, (looking away of course), and get that question mark to pop when their preferred time of day hits. 

Edited by StandardDonkey
Oh no I'm having flashbacks of farming Dubstas now

ALifeOfMisery
5 hours ago, StandardDonkey said:

Has anyone been sitting still for a while and had a LA appear? I'm wondering if I can just hang out near a cluster of spawn points, (looking away of course), and get that question mark to pop when their preferred time of day hits. 

On day one of the update I had just killed a beaver on the shore of Owanjila and the Zizi Beaver spawned directly behind me.

But for all the other Legendary Animals I've killed I've had to travel around the spawn points, just waiting around a spawn location hasn't worked for me, so far at least.

Leftover Pizza

I think I'm suffering from a bug like "if you finished a poison poppy moonshine batch at 23:11, no legendary animals can spawn". 

Haven't seen any since a week or 2.

• Like 1

AdamNortonUK
12 hours ago, StandardDonkey said:

I was fishing in Lagras yesterday trying to catch the Longnose Gar for the Daily Challenge, I must have been there for 10-15 minutes before I got one and as soon as I had reeling it in and calling out my Hunting Wagon to store it, the Sun Gator appeared on the mini map.

Whilst not a guarantee it will happen all the time, it would seem hanging around the area of spawn locations will spawn a Legendary Animal.

It's same as anything else that spawns in, like Hideouts, Moonshiner, Poachers, so I would see no reason why it shouldn't if the conditions are right. 

Edited by AdamNortonUK

On 8/18/2020 at 12:56 PM, Gettin up said:

Got it. 7 PM Middle of Tall Trees.

57057be992.jpg
320e7753a5.jpg

That snow buck garment looks awesome!

Non Funkable Token

Got Tatanka bison and Ota fox recently. LA spawns might be improved a little since the rollback.

Apparently spawning a legendary animal will put a three day cooldown on being able to spawn that same animal again and also the other one of the same type. 

So if you spawn the Maza Cougar you won’t be able to spawn the Iguga for that three day period. 

This does help explain why we were seeing less of them initially at level 20 because some of us had already killed a few of them before. 

AdamNortonUK
13 minutes ago, Wheat said:

Apparently spawning a legendary animal will put a three day cooldown on being able to spawn that same animal again and also the other one of the same type. 

So if you spawn the Maza Cougar you won’t be able to spawn the Iguga for that three day period. 

This does help explain why we were seeing less of them initially at level 20 because some of us had already killed a few of them before. 

It’s most likely 3 in game days as opposed to 3 in real life days of this is true and it probably is since some spawn locations overlap with other Legendary Animals so it’s probably done so that the other animal will have a chance to spawn instead after you’ve already got the other animal within that 3 in game days window.

I will see what I can find about it not spawning the same type of animal though, but if that’s the case, then there must be an overall setting for each legendary animal type instead of one for each variant instead.

Edited by AdamNortonUK

ALifeOfMisery
7 hours ago, Wheat said:

7 hours ago, AdamNortonUK said:

It's most likely 3 in game days as opposed to 3 in real life days of this is true and it probably is since some spawn locations overlap with other Legendary Animals so it’s probably done so that the other animal will have a chance to spawn instead after you’ve already got the other animal within that 3 in game days window.

I will see what I can find about it not spawning the same type of animal though, but if that’s the case, then there must be an overall setting for each legendary animal type instead of one for each variant instead.

I got both Legendary Bucks in the same public lobby around 90 minutes apart, so just less than 2 in game days.

I could have been on the end of a fortuitous bug, who knows.

AdamNortonUK
6 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I got both Legendary Bucks in the same public lobby around 90 minutes apart, so just less than 2 in game days.

I could have been on the end of a fortuitous bug, who knows.

Then no such 3 day in game timer exists, or it's only per Legendary variant and not type... will have to see if anyone debunk this with regards to being able to get the same LAs before 3 in game days, free roam ones only though, since Harriet LAs most shouldn't have this cooldown.

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 1

No chance anyone else could have spawned one of the bucks? I have spawned every legendary animal at least once except the mudrunner. I have spent a ton of hours looking for them and as strange as it seems, the three day things holds up perfectly for me. 

Also it has been three actual days for me, not in game. The Harriet missions obviously have nothing to do with the free roam spawns. 

Edited by Wheat

Shotgun-Pauley

got the snow buck now it spawned at aurora basin next to that cabin (see in the video) 

• Like 1

Leftover Pizza

Ran into the Sun gator about half an hour ago. What a nightmare with all the surrounding gators being unable to lock onto too. Swarming with these f*ckers and, you've guessed it, I died horribly multiple times. Horrible LA and I'm glad I killed it, with dirty guns (water wading constantly) eventually. I hate him so much, I did make the hideous coat!

• Like 2

Been hunting the legendary animals lately.

Mudrunner buck is the latest I got.

Other legendary animals I found earlier:

Iguga cougar
time: afternoon? location: south of Blackwater
Sun gator

time: 6 AM location: east coast, north of Saint Denis
Katata elk
time: 5 AM location: south part of Cumberland Forest
Tanaka bison
time: day? location: next to farmhouse near Emerald Ranch  
Ota fox 
time: 11 AM location: Scarlett meadows
Mudrunner buck
time: day? location: Heartlands, near Flatneck station next to train tracks

Edited by Gettin up

Found Ota Fox earlier. South of Ringneck Creek and North of Mattock Pond. It was around 4:00 am and foggy.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:44 AM, AdamNortonUK said:

Then no such 3 day in game timer exists, or it's only per Legendary variant and not type... will have to see if anyone debunk this with regards to being able to get the same LAs before 3 in game days, free roam ones only though, since Harriet LAs most shouldn't have this cooldown.

I know the the 72 hour thing seems crazy but I was able to get the Mudrunner and 3 others right after that amount of time had passed. 

Strangely, I couldn’t get a bison or cougar and those are the only Harriet missions I had done.

Not trying to state anything as absolute fact, just sharing my experiences.