The Legendary Animals Thread

ALifeOfMisery

Wunderlicht20
58 minutes ago, ItzMePrime said:

Yeah solo session, I only have luck in solo sessions 

on ps4 the animals had godmode hope they fixed very soon make no fun currently

Nonfatcactus327

Are the new legendaries limited time only?  Asking since the game is unplayable and concerned about missing out since Rockstar is pretending nothing is wrong 

ALifeOfMisery
53 minutes ago, Nonfatcactus327 said:

Are the new legendaries limited time only?  

Not as far as I know. R* haven't said that they are either.

5 hours ago, Wunderlicht20 said:

on ps4 the animals had godmode hope they fixed very soon make no fun currently

I play on PC and everything is ok there 

XxGreyBushxX
On 8/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, x_TestsubjecT_x said:

Hello everyone!  Hope your having a great day!   I have a question to ask, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if a Legendary animal only spawns once for a session or a day for players?

Similar to how a collectable only spawns once per 24 hours.

Ty!

Which platform were you on?  I have been trying to confirm (while at work unfortunately)  if the poker table is still working after todays update. 

Sorry,  I missed this post.   Ps4. But, we just tried it 3 times and couldn't get it to work. Damnit.  

x_TestsubjecT_x
12 hours ago, XxGreyBushxX said:

Sorry,  I missed this post.   Ps4. But, we just tried it 3 times and couldn't get it to work. Damnit.  

Np,  I've since been able to confirm that it works np since the great correction lol...    PS4  

Marble fox spawned next to me at Colter and got that nice Marble coat from Gus.

My first legendary animal on free roam btw. Haven't looked for them because they're so rare. I am rank 20 naturalist.

47d447804d.jpg
1d7958b16b.jpg

• Like 2

Found the Iguga Cougar last night right outside of Blackwater, by the windmill if you're heading towards Thieves Landing. It was around 7:30 pm and drizzly. 

XxGreyBushxX

I got it too,  further south,  sunny mid afternoon,  full lobby.   Can't get that stupid teca to save my life,  though! 

Leftover Pizza

With all my impressive 6 ranks in this role, I haven't seen a legendary in freeroam ever since the last one I got last week. Believe me, I tried. And no, I didn't camp the sites where LA's spawn at higher rank only. Nothing, nothing nothing. 

ALifeOfMisery

Finally spawned a LA in free roam.

Just after 11pm in game, public lobby, same lobby for over 2 hours.

Winyan Bison prefers clear nights but spawned during fog, which cleared very quickly once it started fleeing.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 1

Wunderlicht20
5 hours ago, XxGreyBushxX said:

I haven't seen any in days now. 

the same hope they patched the spawnrate i search since days the ceyote on the McFarlane Ranch

14 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Finally spawned a LA in free roam.

Just after 11pm in game, public lobby, same lobby for over 2 hours.

Winyan Bison prefers clear nights but spawned during fog, which cleared very quickly once it started fleeing.

You just stay there and the LA spawns or you need to move arround the zone?

ALifeOfMisery
25 minutes ago, joel15cat said:

You just stay there and the LA spawns or you need to move arround the zone?

I was on my way to Colter and got the "?" and notification as soon as I got to Lake Isabella.

AdamNortonUK

For those mentioning the time of day animal spawns and being able to spawn LAs outside of those times, the time of day is just a condition where it has more of a random chance to spawn in, LAs can spawn in at any time of the day and night, but the conditions just make it more likely to spawn if that makes sense.

Edited by AdamNortonUK

XxGreyBushxX

Ok,  yesterday was great,  I got 3!  Solo lobby,  though.   Did the character change with a friend,  using the train .  As soon as I loaded in from his invite,  the red coyote spawned.  It was afternoon/ evening.  We switched and the same thing for him happened.  I drive off and the elk spawns easy out of his supposed area, right next to the train.  He fast travels to Rhodes as it starts raining (noon) and the teca spawns.  We switch again, I go to Rhodes,  and the teca spawned.   For me,  it was night but clear. 

As long as one person stays near the train,  you can go anywhere and hunt legendaries. 

ALifeOfMisery

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to confirm, one way or the other, a cool down on Legendary Animal spawns?

ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to confirm, one way or the other, a cool down on Legendary Animal spawns?

Think I've either just answered my own question or been on the fortunate end of a bug.

8am, public lobby of 20+, hunting near Colter, get attacked by 2 wolves and the "?" for the Legendary Marble Fox shows up.

Went back to Colter, fast travelled to Manzanita Post, went to Gus in Tall Trees to sell the pelt, got attacked by a Grizzly, had a ride down to MacFarlane Ranch, did a couple of laps around Pike's Basin and the Legendary Red Streak Coyote spawns almost on top of me, with hardly any warning.

Just before 5pm, on the same in game day, same public lobby.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, XxGreyBushxX said:

Ok,  yesterday was great,  I got 3!  Solo lobby,  though.   Did the character change with a friend,  using the train .  As soon as I loaded in from his invite,  the red coyote spawned.  It was afternoon/ evening.  We switched and the same thing for him happened.  I drive off and the elk spawns easy out of his supposed area, right next to the train.  He fast travels to Rhodes as it starts raining (noon) and the teca spawns.  We switch again, I go to Rhodes,  and the teca spawned.   For me,  it was night but clear. 

As long as one person stays near the train,  you can go anywhere and hunt legendaries. 

Where did you see tht solo session method ? Any link for that ? 

Once these animals are added, are they permanent?  Like can you still get the gators this week?

If so, are they eventually added to Harriets’s legendary animal missions or are they still free roam only?

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, HipHopHead said:

Once these animals are added, are they permanent?  Like can you still get the gators this week?

As far as I'm aware Legendary Animals are a permanent fixture in free roam.

1 hour ago, HipHopHead said:

If so, are they eventually added to Harriets’s legendary animal missions or are they still free roam only?

Not as far as I'm aware. The free roam Legendary Animals will remain only available in free roam.

Each animal has 2 free roam variants and 1 mission variant, the Gator and Coyote missions have been held back so far and all upcoming Legendary Animals have a mission variant. 

Obviously we don't know when or how R* will release these missions.

• Like 2

Shotgun-Pauley
On 8/7/2020 at 7:05 AM, AltiMetro said:

thank you for the videos.

Does it seem like there is a cooldown timer?

am so sorry for a late reply i just notice well today in a solo lobby i got the Iguga cougar then 21 mins 23secs i got the marble fox so yh if there is one i would say its 15 mins and its all about being there when the weather is right and unfortunately a lot of luck and to get a solo but fully lobby i think rockstar need to fix that sh*t why i always update with the solo methoeds 

XxGreyBushxX
11 hours ago, ItzMePrime said:

Where did you see tht solo session method ? Any link for that ? 

YouTube,  Google and found it.  A lot of times you have to go through thre character editor multiple times to get it to work, try different amount of wait times, 1.5 to 2.75 minutes before backing out.