The Legendary Animals Thread

ALifeOfMisery

ShadowlessDevil

Does using the Elephant rifle on a legendary animal bring you a 3 star pelt? 

On 8/6/2020 at 7:23 PM, skyfamster said:

1 go to "change appearence" stay 1 minute

2back out to freeroam,go to the teleport at Mcfarlan ranch.and teleport to your camp

3start trader sell mission.

4Now you have 20~30 minutes solo lobby .search around , legendary animal can spawn during sell mission. as the timer is up.close the game to avoid losing your cargo.

Many thanks to you. Managed to get both gators plus the onyx wolf today after not seeing any legendary animals since the update dropped 

59 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Does using the Elephant rifle on a legendary animal bring you a 3 star pelt? 

Use any gun or any metod but not dynamite or fire that ruin the pelt/skin!

• Like 2

ALifeOfMisery
On 8/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, skyfamster said:

2back out to freeroam,go to the teleport at Mcfarlan ranch.and teleport to your camp

4Now you have 20~30 minutes solo lobby .search around , legendary animal can spawn during sell mission. as the timer is up.close the game to avoid losing your cargo.

Does it have to be the MacFarlane fast travel post?

If so does backing out of the character editor drop you there or do you need to enter the editor while already in that area?

Really didn't want to resort to something as gamey as this, and I only want the Sun Gator for the gloves, but I've given it a fair shot with no results now, it's time to stack the odds in my favour.

1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Does it have to be the MacFarlane fast travel post?

If so does backing out of the character editor drop you there or do you need to enter the editor while already in that area?

Really didn't want to resort to something as gamey as this, and I only want the Sun Gator for the gloves, but I've given it a fair shot with no results now, it's time to stack the odds in my favour.

Most of the time you will spawn at Macfarlane after backing out,it's the game's fixed setting. no matter where you are before that

Edited by skyfamster
  • Like 2

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, skyfamster said:

Most of the time you will spawn at Macfarlane after backing out,it's the game's fixed setting. no matter where you are before that

I'm having a b*tch of a time trying to hit this. There are 20+ players in the lobby as soon as I spawn in at MacFarlane Ranch.

• Like 1

Just had one of the legendary alligators spawn next to Harriet in West Elizabeth...

I'm guessing it was a hacker, but hell I'm not complaining.

Edited by IzzyBlues93

giphy-downsized-large.gif

22 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm having a b*tch of a time trying to hit this. There are 20+ players in the lobby as soon as I spawn in at MacFarlane Ranch.

stay at "change appearence" menu for 1 minute

On 8/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, skyfamster said:

This worked perfect for me the very first time. I went in to the change appearance screen while in my camp. When I exited out of it, I spawned very close to my camp (which was near Lagras). Solo lobby. Started the long distance sell mission and rode to Lagras. I immediately saw the yellow “?” and got a notification of a legendary animal nearby. It was midday and sunny. Tracked the sun gator, bagged it and sold the pelt to Gus in St. Denis. Now on to the Teca...

Thanks for sharing this! It’s pretty sad we have to resort to doing stuff like this, but I had not seen a single legendary animal in free roam my entire time playing, so I don’t feel at all bad about doing it.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

Legendary Animals

Tips and tricks

•If you're struggling to find Legendary Animals in Free Roam, check out the Legendary Animal Map that Harriet gave you, and make sure to visit her often for updates on which animals have been spotted and where.

Does anyone know what are they referring here to?

On 8/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, Shotgun-Pauley said:

your on p.c i swear its better on there with spawns ? am on consoles and its rare to one to spawn in full lobby so i have to do the solo exploit to even get mine ( lucky guy ) i got the teca gator but i need the sun gator  

sadly this aint true. trash spawns over here on pc and level 20 naturalist. :(

Edited by rinzu

Lemoyne outlaw

i just got the ozula elk. i was at fort mercer for the challenge. as i was leaving going south. i saw the yellow question mark. so i went to it and saw it. i shot it and chased it for a bit. it took about 5 bolt action rifle shots. and it died. i skinned it and took it to gus. i am rank 20 naturalist. and it was during sunset. the weather was clear. this is the second legendary animal i got in free roam. the first was the teca. and i was level 20 too. its funny because i was actually on the phone and not even looking for a la. so it was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

same general idea as Lemoyne outlaw above me here - moseyed on down to fort mercer for the daily. as i was leaving i said heck it, came to this thread and looked for the closest legendary animal. turns out it's the Ozula Elk, so i set a waypoint to the closest confirned spawn point for it shown in this thread.

Rank 8 Naturalist at the time, i've been purposely keeping my rank low but this is still only the second legendary i've seen. i'm also fairly sure the first legendary spawn is essentially scripted to shortly after you acquire the map and field guide.. so i'd hardly count that one. not sure how others feel about that theory.

24 player lobby, weather conditions were cloudy but essentially clear, considering the time of day. no fog or inclement weather in sight. time of kill confirmed was 4:04am, so first eyes on were probably 3:30-3:45? i tried to get everything in video form but neglected to check the time of first eyes.. had a bit of a "so anyway, i started blasting" moment due to it being my first legendary in 4.. 5 days.

anyways, here it is in video format, starting from arriving at fort mercer. after i check my daily log i start leaving and that's when i pulled up the map and checked this thread lol, that's why i'm in the map for like 45 seconds.

• Like 2

Ring Dang Do

I have about 19 legendary animal pelts now and sedated 2 more but I still have never been able to get the Sun Gator to appear in Lagras. All my hunting has been at rank 20 in a solo lobby. 

Every time I travel to Lagras theres either a random event, moonshine mission, poacher mission or hideout on. I have lost count how many times I have saved the npc being attacked my gators while in the wagon. Do you think the legendary animals have a reduced rate to spawn if there’s another event going on in it’s area or am I just super unlucky? 

6 hours ago, selassje said:

Does anyone know what are they referring here to?

No idea. I also read that so played around by visiting her and opening the map to see if she would give any additional tips of what animal might be around at the time but got nothing from her. 

CosmicBuffalo

I have not been to mcfarlens ranch spawn in over 20 tries using character change. It seems like may be this is patched.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Wunderlicht20
1 hour ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

I have not been to mcfarlens ranch spawn in over 20 tries using character change. It seems like may be this is patched.

same i think to its patched😔

ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

I tried it 20-25 times and it didn't work once.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:23 PM, skyfamster said:

That really worked wow! thank you so much 

That's the way, but keep in mind idk if its only for me but each time I go solo locate the Legendary Animal,kill it and after selling the pelt there is a cool down I guess so only one animal per solo session

I did it three times and got one animal each time (when the timer reach 1 minute i quit the game and redo the method for the next hunt)

Got the Moon Beaver, Katata Elk and Teca Alligator 

Thank you again

CosmicBuffalo
13 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I tried it 20-25 times and it didn't work once.

I went to my camp, rest at the fire, changed appearance, waited exactly a minute, got a solo, ran to my trader and started a distance sale, and it worked so far...i still need the teca gator.

The above worked 3-4 times in a row.  Its actually the perfect solo lobby for a distant trader sale.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo
  • Like 2

I found the legendary Marble fox today in colter, full session, early night, clear weather.

Naturalist lvl 20.

Didnt show anything, only the yellow paw mark on the map was visible.

It spawned very close to the road right before the beginning of colter, the road that goes between spider gorge and cairn lake.

This is the first spawn i have found after reaching lvl 20.

Edited by raysis

With patch I got the Teca to spawn within a few minutes, midday, sunny. Rode out of the area then back in and it spawned for me.

So far so good with the patch then.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

With patch I got the Teca to spawn within a few minutes, midday, sunny. Rode out of the area then back in and it spawned for me.

So far so good with the patch then.

Im impressed how quick they bringed out a patch, hope it works out now 

Ring Dang Do

I was on for about an hour there and tried for the sun gator, marble fox and emerald wolf but got nothing 

37 minutes ago, raysis said:

Im impressed how quick they bringed out a patch, hope it works out now 

Quick? Ha!

So after the patch on PS4 I found the Katata Elk, Tatanka Bison and Marble Fox very easily at Naturalist Level 20. Tried for both legendary gators but no luck despite the right weather conditions. Still the legendary animal spawn rate has been improved as I only ever found 1 before this patch! 

XxGreyBushxX

So, buddy and I in private lobby (poker glitch) and I got the wolf up by wapiti to spawn,  so excited!  But it spawned under the ground!  WTF Rockstar!?

x_TestsubjecT_x

Hello everyone!  Hope your having a great day!   I have a question to ask, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if a Legendary animal only spawns once for a session or a day for players?

Similar to how a collectable only spawns once per 24 hours.

Ty!

2 hours ago, XxGreyBushxX said:

So, buddy and I in private lobby (poker glitch) and I got the wolf up by wapiti to spawn,  so excited!  But it spawned under the ground!  WTF Rockstar!?

Which platform were you on?  I have been trying to confirm (while at work unfortunately)  if the poker table is still working after todays update. 

25 minutes ago, x_TestsubjecT_x said:

Hello everyone!  Hope your having a great day!   I have a question to ask, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if a Legendary animal only spawns once for a session or a day for players?

Similar to how a collectable only spawns once per 24 hours.

Ty!

Which platform were you on?  I have been trying to confirm (while at work unfortunately)  if the poker table is still working after todays update. 

Have a friend with similar issue and we are on Ps4!