Jump to content

Legendary Animal Spawn-Rates Are Perfect.


djb204

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Yea I've been talking to people sub level 15 and they seem to be getting them at reasonable rates in free roam, where as level 15+ players are not getting them at all, literally.

i can confirm ,no more legendary animals after level 15...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, djb204 said:

That might be the issue. They are not intended to be pursued. Players spending all their time trying to obtain a certain legendary animal is missing the point of their rarity design. They aren’t supposed to be triggered manually but randomly and almost accidentally. Aside from the garments being a cosmetic item, one does not truly miss out on anything though. It has no perk what so ever. I hardly see it as tactic to sell gold bars. If that was the case Rockstar would have done better than that IMO.

The game's just getting started, lol. Look where GTA:O got to to know how tacky it can get regarding R*/T2's tactics to encourage recurring spending. Besides, their entire M.O. is to target gold/card sales over all else to be fair. This online was created purely to drive recurring spending.

 

And though you say they aren't supposed to be triggered manually, everything in game has spawn points and spawn triggers to allow things to pop up, it may take time but eventually folk will figure out any conditions that need to be met, or if they are broken, R* should hopefully fix them too.

 

But I do disagree that players seeking an outfit or whatnot are missing the point. If they've seen something in the trailers or images promoting the DLC that they've set their sights on as something they'd love to enhance their character, it should be obtainable within reason otherwise if too often people learn that the advertised content is unreliable, it can burn bridges and see folk not even try playing next DLC and sales of gold are at risk of dropping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TagoKG said:

i can confirm ,no more legendary animals after level 15...

Yep, me neither.

 

What's the old saying, there's no smoke without fire? All signs point to them being broken at level 15+ lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I think the parameters are intended to be unclear. I don’t believe Rockstar wants us to know how exactly they spawn. I think they want them to feel random and rare, and that’s just it.

Everything in RDR-RDO have a pattern, even after those changes to nerf and randomize the Madam Nazar's collector items as far they can get ... it actually got random after all this time in this update ... but ... they have a x spawn/x possibility per type in x place, so it is not really "random".

 

Saw people complaining about the inconsistent spawns of standard animals .... they aren't a concerning thing for me right now... since this update i saw how some of the old standard animal spawns were changed and how they are actually working is why i'm trying to understand the legendary animals conditions.

 

The standard spawns for 95% of the animals from what i saw when playing are working properly right now, so i ... we have reasons to know what they changed.

The fact we can go full pvp when hunting legendary animals ..... is somewat okay, i'm fine with that ... i saw the same thing with the old tall trees and bearclaw camp spawns of cougars and bears, so this is old news, but in a whole new level.

 

However ... we need to know the possibility/overall rate/conditions of these spawns, because right now .... this is a very inconsistent and problematic thing, they being rare i can't care enough.

 

Also the time is running, the disconnects are a thing and some animals looks are dripfeed.

Edited by DuduLima
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Collector items were very lucrative prior to the last update. The online collector map made players very wealthy in-game. It’s still lucrative but not as effective anymore due to the randomness of the spawning now. So maybe.....

 

....Rockstar made legendary animals so rare and difficult to trigger spawns  in an effort to prevent players from figuring out how they work? Because let’s face it, if the community knew how they spawned, it wouldn’t be long before farming methods are developed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just posting for the "research" and to compare to later on. I've just turned Level 10 now but only done one mission because I've been sample-hoarding.

 

Had three completely random in free roam though so far, Katata Elk, Tatanka Bison, and Cogi Boar, all times it just said "a legendary animal is nearby" suddenly and I could chase the "?" A fourth one, the Zizi Beaver, was completely random as well but not for me, my posse member had the "?" prompt but I didn't see anything, but I was able to take the sample after it was sedated. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, djb204 said:

Collector items were very lucrative prior to the last update. The online collector map made players very wealthy in-game. It’s still lucrative but not as effective anymore due to the randomness of the spawning now. So maybe.....

 

....Rockstar made legendary animals so rare and difficult to trigger spawns  in an effort to prevent players from figuring out how they work? Because let’s face it, if the community knew how they spawned, it wouldn’t be long before farming methods are developed.

Collector was the best money in the game without the map before the metal detector nerf. Today it's still god tier money, the random spawns are only for dig site/metal detector stuff, you can still reliably complete card sets every day.

 

And even then, there are still 100+ collectibles on the map that spawn every single day, they are there to get, there's no RNG to that. Legendary animal spawns for Naturalist level 15+ players are literally non-existent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Officer Friendly

Are you able to remove the hood from the legendary animal coats? Also, is it me or all of the coats just a re-skin with slight color variation? Aside from the different hoods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Officer Friendly said:

Are you able to remove the hood from the legendary animal coats? Also, is it me or all of the coats just a re-skin with slight color variation? Aside from the different hoods.

Yes, in your wardrobe there's a option to lower down, you can also use a hat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kirsty said:

Just posting for the "research" and to compare to later on. I've just turned Level 10 now but only done one mission because I've been sample-hoarding.

 

Had three completely random in free roam though so far, Katata Elk, Tatanka Bison, and Cogi Boar, all times it just said "a legendary animal is nearby" suddenly and I could chase the "?" A fourth one, the Zizi Beaver, was completely random as well but not for me, my posse member had the "?" prompt but I didn't see anything, but I was able to take the sample after it was sedated. 

I think this is some solid proof that the spawn rates break after getting the skill to encounter them more. From a backend perspective, it sounds similar to Civilization's nuclear Ghandi, where declaring peace with him brings the aggression to a negative integer but the game whacks out and sets him to the highest possible aggression.

 

It's the reverse here where once we get that skill at level 15, some rating shoots way up and gives us a high number way past some limit in the code that it just kinda wraps all the way around to the lowest possible rating. 

 

Noted I'm not too savvy with coding and game design, but from what I've read and experienced in game, this is what it sounds like to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ring Dang Do

It’s not really rare or unique when it’s all the same jacket. Would love for these headpieces to be seperate from the jackets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUT THE BENZ
On 8/2/2020 at 12:48 AM, djb204 said:

Like why wear what everyone else is wearing? LOL

yeah, that's why I wear the hunter jacket in RED. nobody else seemingly does. gives me that michael jackson/thriller style. I love it!

GLITTER GLOVES would be perfect btw, can Gus make glitter gloves out of some fish or whatever?! if not, this man is a failure!

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2020 at 3:45 AM, DuduLima said:

Yes, in your wardrobe there's a option to lower down, you can also use a hat.

i think he meant he wants to use the hood without the coat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind LA being rare.

What I've been struggling with is this:

Some of the official instructions regarding conditions are conflicting and vague, when compared to what I and others see in the game. Some players find none at all, others have more luck.
I've found a couple legendaries when only one of the conditions (time of the day) was met. The other (weather) was not.
Other times, I'm at the right place at the right time, during the right weather, and there's no spawn.

There have been many bugs in the game, and Rockstar has been unprecise or confusing with their wording before, when describing promotions / perks, or how certain features are supposed to work.
So it's impossible to know if the animal not spawning is a bug, or there's some hidden countdown timer that's still running, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Recently, there was an official R* post desribing the conditions for each animal.

Zizi Beaver: dusk or dawn.
Moon Beaver: "at either end of the day".  What does that mean?
Wapka Boar: "...in wetter weather". Define "wetter", please, and how is it different to "rainfall" or "stormy weather", as listed for other animals?
Legendary Marble Fox: "...around sunrise/sunset..."   - how is that different from "dusk or dawn" ?
Teca Gator: "sighted in the hours after dark and during rainy or stormy weather". Does that mean at night when it's both rainy and stormy, or does only one of the two conditions have to be met?

If I could only find one legendary / 24 hours: no problem. If all conditions had to be met for one to spawn: no problem.

Am hoping to find some answers from you Rockstar game experts. This is my first post on here, am looking forward to discussing stuff and learning from you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am level 20 and can get the spawns, but only solo, so I think this has a bigger impact than the level 15 bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CaliMeatWagon

I have close to 80 hours spent on this update, no Legendary Animal spawns in freemode. And I actively hunt for them. 
Sh*ts broken. 

Edited by CaliMeatWagon
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

theEwing1979

One legandary found in free roam since the update.... Until today that is. I found three today, just stumbled upon all three, very lucky I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PNShGnA.png

 

yea def balanced when I can find 1 animal per day while playing almost 24x7. 

I completely disagree with your opinion and I think its stupid to think that they're balanced like this. If you want something this rare look into looter shooters and chase god rolls. Stuff like this has no place in red dead. This is not a looter shooter. If you want rare items in the game make us grind for it instead of relying on broken rng.

Edited by rinzu
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CosmicBuffalo

I actually love this idea in theory, but 1)there is an belt buckle that requires turning in 20 sets of Legendary Animals....20 sets the way spawns are designed no player will ever get 1 set.  2)there is another buckle that requires 90 fully researched animals, there are 76 animals in the field guide about 7 at Harriet, so 7 more need to be added to Harriet or hardly any player will complete this buckle.  3) Legendary Animals all have clothing tied to them, should you own 40 different legendary animal hood probably not, but if you want the chance you need this spawn mechanic to work.  4) Legendary Animals are all over the map, yet I have rode the entire map, from Sipder Gorge to Shady Belle and Gaptooth Breach to Vanhorn and seen 2 in a normal free mode.  Thats not right.

 

The spawn rate is similar to as if bounty boards did not work, collectibles did not appear, moonshine had black loading screens, and trader had no animals.  The genius who thought lets tie an entire update to our spawn system should be fired knowing just how bad the spawn system has been with every role.  The only one that hasnt suffer is collector because its not tied to the spawn system.  All the legendary animls should have a harriet mission that is replayable.  That would truley be massive and awesome, but the way it is currently is just a cop out, so they can say well just go to harriet to hunt them.  I think they would tell us if there were, so I dont think there is an instanced mission for each one.

 

 The game is as bad as it ever been.  Once you understand how the game should be versus how it is, its shockingly bad.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've found 2 LA's in free roam so far. Both the same LA. 1st time with a lobby of 12, 2nd time with just myself.

 

I do so want to collect all the sets and be a completionist, but eh... R* didn't design their game or it's content to work so it's not on the table.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AdamNortonUK

I’ve posted this in other threads but will post it here too just in case it’s been missed.

 

Legendary Animals also spawn during Bouny Board missions, Trader Resupply missions, Trader Delivery missions, Moonshiner Delivery missions.

 

You can try and force the game to spawn a Legendary Animal since Moonshiner Free Roam missions, Poacher Free Roam missons and Gang Hideouts won’t spawn instead of Legendary Animal by doing a Bounty Board mission due to the extra 15 minute timer before the mission countdown starts.

 

When Moonshiner Free Roam missions and Hideouts spawn, it lessens the chance for the Legendary Animals to spawn, but since they don’t spawn in any of the missions I’ve noted too.

Edited by AdamNortonUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Hunter
On 8/15/2020 at 8:43 AM, Pocket Fox said:

I've found 2 LA's in free roam so far. Both the same LA. 1st time with a lobby of 12, 2nd time with just myself.

 

I do so want to collect all the sets and be a completionist, but eh... R* didn't design their game or it's content to work so it's not on the table.

I found a legendary fox, which was pretty great. Didn't kill it obviously.

 

Other than that I got a beaver, nothing else. Gave up after the game-crashing update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ALifeOfMisery

I've found the spawn rate to be better since the roll back (couldn't be worse than before to be fair), but it's still not what I think it should be.

 

I'm having some luck without resorting to solo lobbies (no judgement) or running free roam missions, but I'm having to commit large chunks of my game time to spawning some of them.

 

To get the Snow Buck earlier I literally rode laps around the spawn locations for almost 2 in game days before it spawned.

 

I don't think that they should spawn every time you ride past a spawn location, but it shouldn't take almost an hour and a half of hitting each spot, one after another, to get a LA to appear.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I found a legendary fox, which was pretty great. Didn't kill it obviously.

 

Other than that I got a beaver, nothing else. Gave up after the game-crashing update.

I lucked upon the new Coyote... so I killed it and now I'm wearing it as a hat.

I'm more Pocket Fox than ever.

 

But yeah, no killing Foxes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
DontGetClose1990
On 8/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, AltiMetro said:

I don't mind LA being rare.

What I've been struggling with is this:

Some of the official instructions regarding conditions are conflicting and vague, when compared to what I and others see in the game. Some players find none at all, others have more luck.
I've found a couple legendaries when only one of the conditions (time of the day) was met. The other (weather) was not.
Other times, I'm at the right place at the right time, during the right weather, and there's no spawn.

There have been many bugs in the game, and Rockstar has been unprecise or confusing with their wording before, when describing promotions / perks, or how certain features are supposed to work.
So it's impossible to know if the animal not spawning is a bug, or there's some hidden countdown timer that's still running, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Recently, there was an official R* post desribing the conditions for each animal.

Zizi Beaver: dusk or dawn.
Moon Beaver: "at either end of the day".  What does that mean?
Wapka Boar: "...in wetter weather". Define "wetter", please, and how is it different to "rainfall" or "stormy weather", as listed for other animals?
Legendary Marble Fox: "...around sunrise/sunset..."   - how is that different from "dusk or dawn" ?
Teca Gator: "sighted in the hours after dark and during rainy or stormy weather". Does that mean at night when it's both rainy and stormy, or does only one of the two conditions have to be met?

If I could only find one legendary / 24 hours: no problem. If all conditions had to be met for one to spawn: no problem.

Am hoping to find some answers from you Rockstar game experts. This is my first post on here, am looking forward to discussing stuff and learning from you

Got 33 Legendary animals so far and all of them turned into coats. From my experience i can say that most of it didnt match the condition at all in terms of spawning.

 

y80E84M.png

 

GvA9bHI.png

 

uy0SZYu.png

 

dXw9WpY.png

 

Still need to find the Ridgeback Bear and Cogi Boar.

Edited by DontGetClose1990
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:11 AM, DontGetClose1990 said:

Still need to find the Ridgeback Bear and Cogi Boar.

 

For the Ridgeback Bear get your camp location outside Hanging Dog’s Ranch in Big Valley. He spawns every time I log on as that is where my camp is located.
 

Usually when I log on when the dailies reset by the time I posted the image in the Daily Challenge thread he has spawned in one of his locations...

 

I just ignore him now which is why I get him every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.