Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Los Santos Survivor

Is GTA IV A Good Gta?

Recommended Posts

Los Santos Survivor

When I say good Gta game, I mean compared to what Gta 5, TLAD, TBOGT, SA, VC, III, LCS, VCS did. Sure the story and combat are great, I'll give it that. And the graphics are still amazing. I mean the rampage factor, exploration, side missions, driving ( some people love it, others hate it), and the customization. It feels like such a let down in those departments. Sure you got the friends and random encounters, but I don't feel like that enougn. I feel like Saints Row 2 was a better Gta at the time than IV was. My opinion, just wanna hear other sides.

  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger

Yes

 

Massive improvement over 3D GTA and superior than GTA V

  • Like 9
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yinepi

No it's a clunky waste of time.


Kidding. Though it is a bit clunky, it has a good story and some good characters. Definitely worth a play through. But I would avoid the PC version as the PC game has performance problems.

  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kierolack666

It's better than GTA V.

  • Like 5
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limefong
Posted (edited)

Great game!

 

1000 miles ahead of GTA V.

Edited by Limefong
  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty

The way I see it, there's 3 types of players - classic GTA fans who tend to detest IV and call it boring, die-hard GTA IV fans who detest/ignore other GTAs and only play IV and the majority - people who don't limit themselves to a GTA. I'm somewhere inbetween the 2nd and 3rd category - while IV is definitely my favorite GTA and one of the best games I have ever played, other GTAs have some redeeming qualities too, of course. I play what I want and when I want, although IV will always have a special place in my heart, thanks to its storytelling and it being the first GTA I ever had on my computer when I bought it. And no, rampages in other GTAs suck imo. They feel so fake and boring. In IV you can feel the crunchyness and weight of peds being killed, vehicles being not made of paper or boulders, it's the perfect balance. It's always fun making rampages in GTA IV, whereas in other GTAs I get bored quickly of them.

  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TWIST_OF_HATE

Probably best GTA of them all

  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 5:21 PM, Los Santos Survivor said:

I mean the rampage factor, exploration, side missions, driving ( some people love it, others hate it), and the customization.

Customisation and driving (although I happen to love it I know it isn't to everyone's taste) I'll give you. But there's some great crime based side missions (assassinations, vigilante, most wanted, drug deliveries, two different types of car thefts) which I much prefer to some of the side missions in other GTA games (eg ambulance, fire truck and other tedious vehicle based ones, or the severe lack of criminal side missions in V), plus Random Characters which are awesome. A few other decent side things too eg playing minigames or hanging out with friends/girlfriends with well written and interesting conversations. And of course the swingset glitch alone provides hours of entertainment :D

 

And exploring and going on rampages is the best in IV for me. The city is the most intricately detailed place, it has an amazing alive-feeling atmosphere with entertaining and varied peds, very cool architecture/city design, and a nice amount of interiors including many buildings with multiple exits so you can run through them or up to the roof. The great physics, hand to hand combat, gunplay, details like being able to pick up and throw stuff or shove people or climb/grab ledges/shimmy, complex ped behaviour and well designed wanted system mean you can have so much fun whether just walking or driving around observing stuff, messing with people, or going on a full blown rampage. I don't think it's lacking at all in this department, I have way more fun just messing around in IV than in any other GTA. 

 

Comes down to personal preference of course, but that's my view on it.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 5
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg
Posted (edited)

GTA IV is as GTA as it gets. Apart from San Andreas and V, GTA had non-existent customization, and it's not that important imo. The rampage factor is the best it's ever been.thanks to the improved physics. Ramming into sh*t with vehicles has never been anywhere near as good in other GTAs, let alone blowing sh*t up with explosives. You can use helicopter blades to launch cars away without having to worry about blowing up. You don't have to deal with cops spawning out of nowhere like in older GTAs or them being broken & unfun like in V.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 8
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saad31
16 hours ago, Western Gunslinger said:

Yes

 

Massive improvement over 3D GTA and superior than GTA V

GTA IV and V over 3d gtas anytime 100%.

  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubigz
Posted (edited)

Does the Pope sh*t in the woods?

Edited by Kubigz
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs

It's not a good GTA because you can't beat people with a dildo in only your underwear or destroy everything in sight with an oppressor 2 or whatever it's called, that is the peak of this series. 

 

You should have made this a public yes or no poll so that I can follow whoever voted for no aka the truth

  • KEKW 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limefong
40 minutes ago, Saad31 said:

GTA IV and V over 3d gtas anytime 100%.

I disagree. GTA V is far from being better than any of the 3D GTAs (Even Advance)

  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
51 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

It's not a good GTA because you can't beat people with a dildo in only your underwear or destroy everything in sight with an oppressor 2 or whatever it's called, that is the peak of this series. 

 

You should have made this a public yes or no poll so that I can follow whoever voted for no aka the truth

However you can throw dildos at people while wearing a furry Russian hat and destroy fat cops with a rocket launcher. IV truly has it all!

  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tha_Potato_Gamer

Of course, im not gonna say GTA V is bad and trash because it isnt, but GTA IV is way better in some aspects 

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyber Soldier

I think it’s a awesome game!

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KGBeast
Posted (edited)

It's the best GTA. I feel the exact opposite, let me tackle all these points.

 

"Rampage factor": Best in the series. Euphoria took this stuff to another level. There is no other GTA with gunplay as solid and satisfying as IV. There is no other GTA with better vehicle and enemy reactions to taking damage. You shoot someone in any other GTA and they fall down like a stiff paper doll, even in V. Not to mention how great the AI and dialogue is in IV. There is no other GTA with the same depth and quality of destructive effects in the environment. Look at that IV vs. V video that gets posted around and look at how impressive damage is to environmental objects like benches and lightpoles in IV. Also has the best fire and explosions in the series. This is the thing about IV in a nutshell, your options might be a little limited but everything that is there has so much depth. 

 

Exploration: Still the largest and most detailed single city we've ever gotten. Many more interiors than any other GTA. Much more interactivity and functionality than any other GTA. I'm certainly not tired of exploring it 12 years later. I got tired of exploring in V pretty quickly though because the map is little more than a cardboard backdrop, not a living environment. 

 

Side Missions: Kind of agree, I'm a rare GTA player who actually likes lots of non story side content. To me VCS and its mountain of side missions is heaven. IV isn't really that limited on side missions though, it has taxi fares, it has an expansive vigilante mode, it has assassination contracts, and street races, and car thefts. One of the reasons people love this game is because everything was carefully crafted and curated to fit LC and Niko. Quality > quantity. San Andreas, V, and games like Saints Row don't worry about quality and consistency, they just throw as much low quality sh*t as they can into the pot. 

 

Driving: Best in the series. Real weight and momentum, real collision physics. The driving in this game makes most other open world games look like jokes. The people who don't like it are simplebrains who want instant gratification and can't be bothered to invest themselves in the game, learn the physics, and apply control to the vehicle. They want to take 90 degree turns in supercars without slowing down. The driving in V is so shallow and effortless I get bored quickly, it's the only GTA I dread having to drive because it's so unengaging. In IV I get excited about driving around because it's always engaging and interesting. 

 

Customization: Meh. I didn't miss anything but being able to choose a car color instead of getting them randomly. This is another issue of 'does it fit Niko's story' and it obviously doesn't. What does Niko care about car mods? He's a slav peasent whose village probably had ten horses and a few beat up 70s compacts. To him cars are A. tools, and as long as they do the job he's happy or B. a status/class symbol and the stock sh*t makes him happy as long as its classy and expensive. I can't see Niko in a garage obsessing over rims and wings, it's the last thing in the world he'd care about. Same with guns and anything else. The only protag in IV I can really see caring about that is Johnny, and a bike mod garage might have been cool.

 

As I said up in the side missions paragraph, this game is all about consistency. Making sure everything fits Niko, his story, and the world as he sees it, and making sure everything they put in was top notch. Throwing sh*t in there when it obviously doesn't fit just because the last game had it is not good game design and would have weakened the end product.

 

This is not only a good GTA, it was the peak of the series and the culmination of everything they'd been trying to do with the series up to that point. The people who don't get it, don't get GTA period.

Edited by KGBeast
  • Like 12
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saad31
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Limefong said:

I disagree. GTA V is far from being better than any of the 3D GTAs (Even Advance)

In my opinion hd gtas are better then 3d ones.

Edited by Saad31
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limefong
3 hours ago, Saad31 said:

In my opinion hd gtas are better then 3d ones.

ok. 

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vladistar_895

Of course it's a good GTA. Realist, good story, physics and ambientation. 

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ant_sh

I played V, SA, IV (2nd run-through currently) in that order. While V is a very polished game it does not have much soul and after completing the story I don't really want to play it any more. SA is a very ambitious project that has its vintage charm but has too many dragged out missions. IV is a pinnacle of the series and rarely have I experienced a gameplay so satisfying. It is a technical and narrative masterpiece.

  • Like 3
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

No.

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NewGuybj

what? It's one of the best gta's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niobium
Posted (edited)

yes, in nearly every aspect. driving, shooting, physics, story, AI, game world, DLC, multiplayer, little things like throwing soda cans and climbing, i could go on....

 

but nope, GTA V is better because it has more customization. you can transform michael, franklin or trevor into a virtual barbie doll. hooray.

 

Edited by Niobium
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin

Nope.

 

It's the greatest GTA of them all.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Outlaw Biker Viking

Good? Uh uh. Best my friend. BEST.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

It's okay. Far from the best GTA, but it's GTA at it's core nonetheless. It could've been better with some tweaks and additions, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304

Yes actually.

Edited by KingAJ032304
nvm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
On 8/2/2020 at 1:04 AM, KGBeast said:

It's the best GTA. I feel the exact opposite, let me tackle all these points.

 

"Rampage factor": Best in the series. Euphoria took this stuff to another level. There is no other GTA with gunplay as solid and satisfying as IV. There is no other GTA with better vehicle and enemy reactions to taking damage. You shoot someone in any other GTA and they fall down like a stiff paper doll, even in V. Not to mention how great the AI and dialogue is in IV. There is no other GTA with the same depth and quality of destructive effects in the environment. Look at that IV vs. V video that gets posted around and look at how impressive damage is to environmental objects like benches and lightpoles in IV. Also has the best fire and explosions in the series. This is the thing about IV in a nutshell, your options might be a little limited but everything that is there has so much depth. 

 

Exploration: Still the largest and most detailed single city we've ever gotten. Many more interiors than any other GTA. Much more interactivity and functionality than any other GTA. I'm certainly not tired of exploring it 12 years later. I got tired of exploring in V pretty quickly though because the map is little more than a cardboard backdrop, not a living environment. 

 

Side Missions: Kind of agree, I'm a rare GTA player who actually likes lots of non story side content. To me VCS and its mountain of side missions is heaven. IV isn't really that limited on side missions though, it has taxi fares, it has an expansive vigilante mode, it has assassination contracts, and street races, and car thefts. One of the reasons people love this game is because everything was carefully crafted and curated to fit LC and Niko. Quality > quantity. San Andreas, V, and games like Saints Row don't worry about quality and consistency, they just throw as much low quality sh*t as they can into the pot. 

 

Driving: Best in the series. Real weight and momentum, real collision physics. The driving in this game makes most other open world games look like jokes. The people who don't like it are simplebrains who want instant gratification and can't be bothered to invest themselves in the game, learn the physics, and apply control to the vehicle. They want to take 90 degree turns in supercars without slowing down. The driving in V is so shallow and effortless I get bored quickly, it's the only GTA I dread having to drive because it's so unengaging. In IV I get excited about driving around because it's always engaging and interesting. 

 

Customization: Meh. I didn't miss anything but being able to choose a car color instead of getting them randomly. This is another issue of 'does it fit Niko's story' and it obviously doesn't. What does Niko care about car mods? He's a slav peasent whose village probably had ten horses and a few beat up 70s compacts. To him cars are A. tools, and as long as they do the job he's happy or B. a status/class symbol and the stock sh*t makes him happy as long as its classy and expensive. I can't see Niko in a garage obsessing over rims and wings, it's the last thing in the world he'd care about. Same with guns and anything else. The only protag in IV I can really see caring about that is Johnny, and a bike mod garage might have been cool.

 

As I said up in the side missions paragraph, this game is all about consistency. Making sure everything fits Niko, his story, and the world as he sees it, and making sure everything they put in was top notch. Throwing sh*t in there when it obviously doesn't fit just because the last game had it is not good game design and would have weakened the end product.

 

This is not only a good GTA, it was the peak of the series and the culmination of everything they'd been trying to do with the series up to that point. The people who don't get it, don't get GTA period.

It swear each individual GTA game is more confused of it's identity than first two individual Saints Row games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.