Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
fryday

Trinkets

Recommended Posts

fryday

hi all,

 

did anyone already get a trinket? which ones do you prefer? maybe somebody has made some experience to share with us...

 

 - slower weapon degradation sounds good, but I should know, how much slower the effect is

 - better chance of getting perfect pelts sounds even better, but as before, we should know the details about the chances

 - 10% slower horse stamina decrease sounds very good

 - 2 x loot at picking some herbs sounds OK

 - 10% horse bonding seems completely useless

 

 

 

so, i will choose the best trinket for me between the first 3, it will depend on how strong the effects are for the first two

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
25 minutes ago, fryday said:

hi all,

 

did anyone already get a trinket? which ones do you prefer? maybe somebody has made some experience to share with us...

 

 - slower weapon degradation sounds good, but I should know, how much slower the effect is

 - better chance of getting perfect pelts sounds even better, but as before, we should know the details about the chances

 - 10% slower horse stamina decrease sounds very good

 - 2 x loot at picking some herbs sounds OK

 - 10% horse bonding seems completely useless

 

 

 

so, i will choose the best trinket for me between the first 3, it will depend on how strong the effects are for the first two

 

Ooooh. I didn't know trinkets gave you a boost to abilities or stats. I'm not a hunter any more so pelts don't interest me. The horse stamina decrease wouldn't do anything for me because I've got the best horse, saddle and stirrups and means my horse can gallop across the whole map and never get tired. The herb picking one sounds a bit pointless because I already pick more herbs than I know what to do with. Maybe that would be useful for people who craft things. And yeah, the horse bonding one seems completely pointless. If you can afford the trinket then there's a good chance you already have full bonding. So for me it will be slower weapon degradation. That could be quite useful.

  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I have the weapon one at the moment, this is handy because the old Varmint Rifle is getting worn out quick these days.

I had it down to 1 bar last night before cleaning it.

 

The pelts one would be nice for getting 3 star squirrels and chipmunks, if it works.

Using the Varmint Rifle on them (normal rounds) it's hard to get a 3 star.

 

The horse drain one is likely the most useful for me.

 

You're assuming that you can only use one at a time, I was hoping we could use them all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
1 hour ago, fryday said:

did anyone already get a trinket? which ones do you prefer? maybe somebody has made some experience to share with us...

I have to ask the ignorant question--how do you get these?

 

From how petty the initial list is, I fully expect to see R* add something like:

 

"25% reduced chance of your horse taking a dump while you stow a pelt." ;)

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66

Finished naturalist this morning (did it quickly so I can hunt in peace without Harriet having a heart attack or giving me one) then went after Gus' trinkets. I own four of the five right now, only missing Snowy Egret because I can't find the Braxton Amethyst Necklace (the jeanropke map is still being updated/created).

 

Does just owning them activate them? I'm trying to figure out some way to show I'm actually getting the effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Guy Mike
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

I have to ask the ignorant question--how do you get these?

 

From how petty the initial list is, I fully expect to see R* add something like:

 

"25% reduced chance of your horse taking a dump while you stow a pelt." ;)

Visit Gus at one of the trapper locations to buy the trinkets. 

I bought 3 or 4 upon my initial go around with the new update yesterday, but haven't played nearly enough to get a sense of how well they work.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec

I've unlocked them all. Can't say as I've noticed a difference personally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sundevil
4 hours ago, netnow66 said:

Finished naturalist this morning (did it quickly so I can hunt in peace without Harriet having a heart attack or giving me one) then went after Gus' trinkets. I own four of the five right now, only missing Snowy Egret because I can't find the Braxton Amethyst Necklace (the jeanropke map is still being updated/created).

 

Does just owning them activate them? I'm trying to figure out some way to show I'm actually getting the effects.

In the player stats page (from the pause menu) it shows what you have and states the effects. They are also in your satchel under the kit tab. Doesn’t seem like they have to be activated.

 

The only one that seems appealing to me is the deer trinket for better chance at perfect pelts. The one in SP made a big difference when using the varmint rifle on small critters and birds. Hoping that’s the case here too. Of course, I can’t kill anything right now to actually test it out without having Harriet mace me, so I guess I’ll find out down the road.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Maximus Meridius

I bought all trinkets, very easy and fast to get the items. Most useful is the buck antler trinket, that increase your chance to get perfect pelts (often you skin good animals and get perfect pelts)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
7 hours ago, fryday said:

- 10% horse bonding seems completely useless

Might be useless now but if we get a rancher / wrangler update that has us taming horses it might be really useful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
2 hours ago, Sundevil said:

In the player stats page (from the pause menu) it shows what you have and states the effects. They are also in your satchel under the kit tab. Doesn’t seem like they have to be activated.

 

The only one that seems appealing to me is the deer trinket for better chance at perfect pelts. The one in SP made a big difference when using the varmint rifle on small critters and birds. Hoping that’s the case here too. Of course, I can’t kill anything right now to actually test it out without having Harriet mace me, so I guess I’ll find out down the road.

Thanks. I really don't go into that area often but it clearly lists them under an area called Perks. I have four highlighted and the one that I don't have is greyed out.

 

I'll be nosing around in that area for awhile, just looking at stuff--hope I don't get disconnected (I'M UNDERWEIGHT!?!?!). Thanks again!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I have the weapon and the horse trinkets now (took forever to get the last snowy egret plume).

These are the kind of things I was hoping for in this update.

 

If only they'd come up with a decent balancing pro/con system for the saddles, I'm extremely bored with one saddle to rule them all.

 

==========================================================================

 

4 hours ago, netnow66 said:

Thanks. I really don't go into that area often but it clearly lists them under an area called Perks. I have four highlighted and the one that I don't have is greyed out.

 

I'll be nosing around in that area for awhile, just looking at stuff--hope I don't get disconnected (I'M UNDERWEIGHT!?!?!). Thanks again!

Yeah, the weight fluctuates wildly, like a helium balloon in a hurricane depending on how much you eat.

If I need to eat to fill my health core a lot, which means I've been having a lot of combat missions, my weight goes up, if not it goes down.

I always see the notification flash for it whenever I enter my shine shack.

Edited by kcole4001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

I didnt even know, that you can equip them all at once.

great news, so I will go for all of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

Is everyone else able to buy the trinkets. I'v got 8 buck antlers but Gus says I have none and won't let me buy the trinket. I've also got a beaver tooth but Gus doesn't think I have one of those either. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

Is everyone else able to buy the trinkets. I'v got 8 buck antlers but Gus says I have none and won't let me buy the trinket. I've also got a beaver tooth but Gus doesn't think I have one of those either. Am I missing something?

You need to sell the items to Gus then purchase what he makes from them, if that makes sense?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ram_pete67

did anyone buy the saddlebags from Gus ? how do they look like and what do they do ? as one is locked behind 8 gold it would be nice to know if this saddlebag has any purpose (such as more storage space or so). Tks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JumpingKentFlash

Do I need to equip them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

You need to sell the items to Gus then purchase what he makes from them, if that makes sense?

Oh, that explains it then. Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec
2 hours ago, ram_pete67 said:

did anyone buy the saddlebags from Gus ? how do they look like and what do they do ? as one is locked behind 8 gold it would be nice to know if this saddlebag has any purpose (such as more storage space or so). Tks.


Don't waste your money. I got the one that costs gold, and it's purely cosmetic. You don't get any more outfit slots, in fact you only get 5.

Whether that's a bug or not, I don't know, but as it stands right now, the one you unlock with gold only has 5 outfit slots. I haven't bought the one for $$$, but I'm assuming it's the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
30 minutes ago, Surebrec said:


Don't waste your money. I got the one that costs gold, and it's purely cosmetic. You don't get any more outfit slots, in fact you only get 5.

Whether that's a bug or not, I don't know, but as it stands right now, the one you unlock with gold only has 5 outfit slots. I haven't bought the one for $$$, but I'm assuming it's the same.

which one was the best until now? was it the one with 7 outfits (collector?) ? or are there other (better?) bags, which have other perks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec
24 minutes ago, fryday said:

which one was the best until now? was it the one with 7 outfits (collector?) ? or are there other (better?) bags, which have other perks?

Collector.

The only thing saddle bags do, is increase the storage for outfits hats and masks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
22 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

I have to ask the ignorant question--how do you get these?

 

From how petty the initial list is, I fully expect to see R* add something like:

 

"25% reduced chance of your horse taking a dump while you stow a pelt." ;)

Sorry I missed this earlier.

 

When you go to Gus, in the 'buy' menu there is a list of trinkets, and there's an option to view the recipe, it's TAB on PC.

For example, the horse stamina drain trinket used 3 snowy egret plumes and the Blakey necklace if I remember correctly.

They all require animal/bird parts and one collectible.

You have to sell him the animal/bird parts first, and have the collectible in inventory of course, then you get the option to buy the trinket.

Apparently they're viewable in the character screen of the main menu, and are all active automatically.

5 hours ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

Do I need to equip them?

They equip automatically.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
On 7/31/2020 at 1:27 PM, Surebrec said:

Collector.

The only thing saddle bags do, is increase the storage for outfits hats and masks.

Which saddle bags exactly? I'd like to have more clothing slots on my horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

Are they visible? Or just background stat boosters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ring Dang Do
13 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Are they visible? Or just background stat boosters?

Just background stats as far as I can see. I bought my first trinket as soon as the dlc dropped and havnt seen anything visible on my character.

  • Like 1
  • pepoevil 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
5 minutes ago, Ring Dang Do said:

Just background stats as far as I can see. I bought my first trinket as soon as the dlc dropped and havnt seen anything visible on my character.

 

Have you looked in the Gun Belt section with the compass and Mooneshiner flask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
36 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

Have you looked in the Gun Belt section with the compass and Mooneshiner flask?

There's nothing there, they're just background perks.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • pepoevil 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

There's nothing there, they're just background perks.

 

Eh, would have been nice to be able to wear them. Add a little more jewellery/bling.

  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
2 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Which saddle bags exactly? I'd like to have more clothing slots on my horse.

irs really called the collectors saddlebag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec
8 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Which saddle bags exactly? I'd like to have more clothing slots on my horse.

The only one that increases the slots past the standard 5 is the collector (7). Even the new ones don't expand on the standard 5 slots, which is disappointing. New saddle bags bags shouldn't be purely cosmetic at the expense of functionality, even if it means adding only one extra slot, that's the minimum they should be increased.

Edited by Surebrec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 14 Users Currently Viewing
    5 members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests

    • lennymuhboi
    • Zalwig
    • GrungeNinja
    • aaron2997
    • 4eyedcoupe
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.