Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jason

The Naturalist General Thread

Recommended Posts

Sentinel Driver

I've done two protect legendary animal missions now...

and had intense series of disconnects right after them.......

conclusion: don't do them, they're broken and not worth your time anyway if the legendary f*cker dies in the mission, you get jack sh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ

when I STUDY an animal I get about 50 role xp. but iirc sedating/sampling doesn't give me role xp....is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer
Posted (edited)

Sampling gives xp, like 13 plus ( then 50 whatever when turn in to haarriet.)

 

Didn't know studying did. How do you study it?

Edited by Krommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DM_Tony
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Krommer said:

Sampling gives xp, like 13 plus ( then 50 whatever when turn in to haarriet.)

 

Didn't know studying did. How do you study it?

Aim your weapon at the animal (or use lock on) and you can Study by holding down R1/RB until the circle has been filled - I get 50 exp per study (believe only for animals you haven't already studied before). I think you can use your binoculars as well for the same effect.

Edited by DM_Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORLAG

Are all of the Legendary Animal garments the same? Just a jacket with the animal head for a hat? If so that's pretty lame, I was hoping for the fur cloaks from SP but I haven't seen one yet, just on poacher npcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirsty

Probably already been asked, but am I meant to be saving the samples until I have all of them to trade in, or am I meant to sell them to get these stamps and THEN trade those in? A little bit confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORLAG
1 minute ago, Kirsty said:

Probably already been asked, but am I meant to be saving the samples until I have all of them to trade in, or am I meant to sell them to get these stamps and THEN trade those in? A little bit confused.

Turn in the samples you have to get them stamped, but only one, so if you have 4 whitetail deer samples you should only sell her one of those. The others do NOT count for progress until you complete and sell the stamp collection.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshua969

I haven't even played the update yet and I'm confused...lol.

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JumpingKentFlash

I’m level 6. I can do the legendary animals, but besides that I should only stick to study, track, sedate and sample because only that gives role coverage in free roam.... right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe

I'm confused about the "stamp"....What is it and how do you do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
29 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I'm confused about the "stamp"....What is it and how do you do it?

Sell a sample to Harriet. Once a full set is stamped you can trade it in in the Field Guide for a cash + exp reward.

 

It's sort of like the Collector set trade in except you do not need all the items on you at once, you just need them stamped.

 

As for exp, the legendary animal missions are by far away the best exp, at least without some mindless farm/rabbit grinding. Complete those missions and pick up samples while doing them and then while you're waiting for them to reset do the Poacher missions while again also collecting samples.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sell a sample to Harriet. Once a full set is stamped you can trade it in in the Field Guide for a cash + exp reward.

 

It's sort of like the Collector set trade in except you do not need all the items on you at once, you just need them stamped.

 

 

So collecting and selling samples for all farm animals would get a stamp for that collection??? And then in turn I can then turn the stamp to a reward(kind of like rolling over the gold awards kill 1000 enemies ect.)?

Edited by 4eyedcoupe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
13 minutes ago, Jason said:

do the Poacher missions

How do you access these? I can't recall seeing any option to start a Poacher mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dog Holiday
9 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

How do you access these? I can't recall seeing any option to start a Poacher mission.

Go see Harriet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
12 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

How do you access these? I can't recall seeing any option to start a Poacher mission.

Mission option at Harriet, you square to start. You may have to wait for her to stop yapping until the option stops being greyed out. They don't give a lot of exp, but combine it with some samples and it'll pass the time at least.

 

14 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

So collecting and selling samples for all farm animals would get a stamp for that collection??? And then in turn I can then turn the stamp to a reward(kind of like rolling over the gold awards kill 1000 enemies ect.)?

 

Sell a sample, get a stamp for that animal. You can only have an animal stamped once. Get all animals in a set stamped and you'll get an option in the Animal Field Guide (square) to trade it in for a bonus.

 

Once you trade the set in all the animals will become unstamped allowing you to get them all stamped again and complete the set again to trade in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GEИESIS
8 hours ago, Sentinel Driver said:

I've done two protect legendary animal missions now...

and had intense series of disconnects right after them.......

conclusion: don't do them, they're broken and not worth your time anyway if the legendary f*cker dies in the mission, you get jack sh*t

Had same thing happened to me. I couldn't play the game for hours because of constant disconnects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mission option at Harriet, you square to start. You may have to wait for her to stop yapping until the option stops being greyed out. They don't give a lot of exp, but combine it with some samples and it'll pass the time at least.

That's odd.

 

I've only options for buy, sell and the legendary animal missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

That's odd.

 

I've only options for buy, sell and the legendary animal missions.

Look in the bottom right in the legendary animal missions screen? That's where it is.

 

If it's not there then yea idk, that's odd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
Just now, Jason said:

Look in the bottom right in the legendary animal missions screen? That's where it is.

 

If it's not there then yea idk, that's odd.

I'll give it a closer look later, I've probably just not noticed.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Man, just like all the other role outfits there's stuff I love that's part of the outfit. If only I could handpick the rest of the outfit. :|

 

Can't believe they acknowledged this in a f*cking interview as something players wanted and then continued to repeat the same mistake two updates in a row. Mind boggling.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sell a sample, get a stamp for that animal. You can only have an animal stamped once. Get all animals in a set stamped and you'll get an option in the Animal Field Guide (square) to trade it in for a bonus.

 

Once you trade the set in all the animals will become unstamped allowing you to get them all stamped again and complete the set again to trade in.

Thank you for this.  Thumbs up emoji  happy face emoji

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Man, just like all the other role outfits there's stuff I love that's part of the outfit. If only I could handpick the rest of the outfit. 😐

 

Can't believe they acknowledged this in a f*cking interview as something players wanted and then continued to repeat the same mistake two updates in a row. Mind boggling.

Same with the outlaw pass stuff.  I want to separate the coat on the first outfit you get and you cant.  BS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

So do the Legendary Animals from Harriet yield different Hoods?

 

For example is there only the white wolf hood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tampinha85

Question: Can we just wear the wolf coat you can buy from Gus? without that horrendous hood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
38 minutes ago, Tampinha85 said:

Question: Can we just wear the wolf coat you can buy from Gus? without that horrendous hood.

I havent tried myself but I remember seeing someone post that there was an option to remove the hood. 

 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sell a sample, get a stamp for that animal. You can only have an animal stamped once. Get all animals in a set stamped and you'll get an option in the Animal Field Guide (square) to trade it in for a bonus.

 

Once you trade the set in all the animals will become unstamped allowing you to get them all stamped again and complete the set again to trade in.

Sorry, I'm sure this has been said a thousand times but I want to make sure I'm understanding right. So when we sell the sample after we've completed everything needed for that animal, then we automatically get the stamp? I was afraid to sell all my samples in case I needed to save them for something, so u can just sell one as soon as I get it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuduLima
Posted (edited)

So Protect Legendary animals is a hella good PVE FR mission, the best part is the loot, a lot of enemies to kill, however a lot of players, easy thing ... i got like 5 or 6 collectibles in bodies scattered around, plus the sample. (no joke ... after all this time it is good  to see a proper FR event made by R*).

 

I'm finishing a Role XP farm, so after this i will share my thoughts.

 

7 minutes ago, RaigeGames said:

I havent tried myself but I remember seeing someone post that there was an option to remove the hood. 

 

Sorry, I'm sure this has been said a thousand times but I want to make sure I'm understanding right. So when we sell the sample after we've completed everything needed for that animal, then we automatically get the stamp? I was afraid to sell all my samples in case I needed to save them for something, so u can just sell one as soon as I get it?

Yep, you get the stamp when you sell the animal sample to crazy girl, only this, you don't need to complete the other things in the animal compendium. (keep the others samples around, since you only get one stamp per time, and the stamp is only used when trading the collection).

Edited by DuduLima
Fix typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ

so how do I, a rank 2 naturalist, make some role xp BESIDES studying the animals, which is my only role xp income right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
10 minutes ago, RaigeGames said:

I havent tried myself but I remember seeing someone post that there was an option to remove the hood. 

 

Sorry, I'm sure this has been said a thousand times but I want to make sure I'm understanding right. So when we sell the sample after we've completed everything needed for that animal, then we automatically get the stamp? I was afraid to sell all my samples in case I needed to save them for something, so u can just sell one as soon as I get it?

You don't need to 100% an animal to get the stamp, you only need to sell the sample.

 

Do not hold onto excess samples UNLESS you are trying to collect multiple full sets at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JumpingKentFlash

Best farming method?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuduLima
4 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

so how do I, a rank 2 naturalist, make some role xp BESIDES studying the animals, which is my only role xp income right now

Keep yourself to a specific collection, the farm animals one is working hella good for me, got from level 1 to 7 in like almost 2-3 hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

For exp, I'm doing legendary missions and gathering samples in them and on the way back to Harriet. Couple of rabbits (2 shots per) can get you a few hundred exp ezpz. Currently level 12 my self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • Sepp303
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.