The Naturalist General Thread

Jason

5 hours ago, Big TIme McGill said:

Literally spent 30 minutes chasing this sucker only for him to get away and the timer to end.  Got maybe five sedative rounds into him and it did nothing.  Decided to try a second time a few days later, this time going for the kill.  Even after hitting him six times it did nothing and I wasn't going to bother with the chase after that.  I've toyed with the idea of just throwing dynamite at him to soften him up after he gets out of his cage in the poacher version although that may damage the pelt.  I don't mind a grind but this beast is ridiculous.

I logged back on a few hours later and she gave me it again. I made sure to have my arse firmly planted in the saddle the whole mission so I could at least keep up with it. Sedating and sampling was easy once I could keep up with the bloody thing. More often than not they like to run in a straight line so long as you don’t overtake them on your horse, so it’s not too difficult to free aim them.

Edited by éX-Driver

Does anyone know if some panther spawn locations have a higher chance to spawn regular panthers over florida panthers or vice versa?

DontGetClose1990
2 hours ago, No Homing said:

Does anyone know if some panther spawn locations have a higher chance to spawn regular panthers over florida panthers or vice versa?

I think its random although the field guide says otherwise,met by florida panther just outside Lakay after cleared out Gang Hideout. Just need the regular panther to complete my wetlands animal. Tried to look for panther around Blackbelle but to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...
xmchristopherx

Has anyone had trouble with the mercy kill skill page not working? I’ve read it multiple times and tried different things and it never shows up with a check mark next to it and I can never mercy kill.

has anyone got glitched missions lately? since i got to level 20 its been crazy , 2 out of 3 missions result in a black screen even though i can hear my character moving

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, xmchristopherx said:

Has anyone had trouble with the mercy kill skill page not working? I’ve read it multiple times and tried different things and it never shows up with a check mark next to it and I can never mercy kill.

Nope, had it work right away and always get the option to mercy kill if mob is laying there not dead yet.

The creatures you can mercy kill are the ones that fall down, but are not dead, and are a white paw print or something. Then you walk

right up to them, not mounted on horse, and see the option "mercy kill" (just in case you are not doing it right.) I like it because if the thing

is two stars, it stays two stars with the mercy kill (while shooting it otherwise used to make the stars drop.)

I can't even recall having to read the skill page?

• Like 1

DentureDynamite
On 10/4/2020 at 1:34 PM, xmchristopherx said:

Yeah, I picked up two new skill pages recently, and both continually fail to activate as "read" no matter how many times I read through them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, weird.

The only one I received no notification as "learned" was "incendiary buckshot." So I stood there "reading" it several times,

like a goof, but when I got back to my camp I could craft it (so worked.)

When u kill the legendary panther do u have to skin it to get the coat? I sold a full panther carcass and cant get the coat

DontGetClose1990
25 minutes ago, Bigglo145 said:

When u kill the legendary panther do u have to skin it to get the coat? I sold a full panther carcass and cant get the coat

Yes,you need to skin the animal.

• 2 weeks later...
UnexpectedParole
On 11/9/2020 at 9:24 PM, Bigglo145 said:

You have to check for each animal / outfit.

Some say carcass, some say pelt / hide.

In the specific case of the legendary panther you need to skin it first because he wants the pelt.

• 2 weeks later...

For the poacher missions: Do you get the same amount of XP per mission no matter how long it takes?  Or do you get more XP if you run the clock down?

• 2 months later...
DontGetClose1990
On 2/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, Dr.Rosenthal said:

How do I get Harriet to stop spraying my f*cking face whenever I see her?

Dont kill animals too often or better yet dont visit her at all.

Edited by DontGetClose1990
  • Like 1

@DontGetClose1990 Thanks mate. I've tried killing less but it doesn't seem to cut it. I believe I'll have a real hard time trying to be universally pacifist in this game.. I hope I'm allowed to pick flowers at least.

DontGetClose1990
19 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@DontGetClose1990 Thanks mate. I've tried killing less but it doesn't seem to cut it. I believe I'll have a real hard time trying to be universally pacifist in this game.. I hope I'm allowed to pick flowers at least.

Trust me,that bitch isnt consistent with her spray,sometimes i kill few animal and she sprayed me. Another time i kill more and she just verbally upset. I have my own tactics lol,before my killing spree begins i visit her to buy something i need. Next playing day i dont visit her at all and that seems to reduce the amound of spray i get.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
CosmicBuffalo

Maybe to improve the game, R* can now increase the spawn rate of legendary animals, and since they are no longer worried about making money on RDO.  Increase it to 15 mins or whatever the current timer is on other random events and give them priority.  Oh you killed a panther with our waste of time woke hippy, no more panthers for 2 real life days.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

• 4 weeks later...