Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Willman249

What ruined online for you?

Recommended Posts

BoDarville
23 minutes ago, computertech82 said:

I wouldn't call the first group 'modders',

 

Well, I was being polite.

 

I doubt if this forum would let me type what I actually call them.  ;)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
16 minutes ago, BoDarville said:

 

Well, I was being polite.

 

I doubt if this forum would let me type what I actually call them.  ;)

 

 

Sons of glitches or pieces of cheat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio

On balance I would say that the two Oppressor bikes and the Deluxo should be removed from the game. I don't feel safe travelling around in anything else, and that has completely killed variety.

 

I am not a person who advocates bans, censorship, restriction, removal or prohibition of things generally, but the negatives of these vehicles in the game far outweigh the positives.

 

Take the Contact Mission "The Los Santos Connection" for example. Once you have the GPS co-ordinates, it's just a quick flight up to the oil-fields, whizz around for a bit on the OP2 and kill everybody with it, then over to the airport on it, same again there, fly out of the hangar on it and kill the courier, fly off to Madrazo's. It's too easy.

 

It stifles game play and makes you lazy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
2 hours ago, Big Molio said:

On balance I would say that the two Oppressor bikes and the Deluxo should be removed from the game.

I wouldn't mind if both the Oppressor and the Deluxo were reworked into regular vehicles or at the very least non-weaponized ones.

 

It would be cool of being able of having just a regular, non flyable, non weaponized Deluxo and reminisce of the Vice City days, blast some "Dance Hall Days" while on the highway, free of the stigma of being the douchebag vehicle of choice some years ago.

 

Sure I could do just that with the Deluxo we currently have, but the hover function will always be there, tempting.

 

Bring back the Auto in Grand Theft Auto.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
37 minutes ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

I wouldn't mind if both the Oppressor and the Deluxo were reworked into regular vehicles or at the very least non-weaponized ones.

 

It would be cool of being able of having just a regular, non flyable, non weaponized Deluxo and reminisce of the Vice City days, blast some "Dance Hall Days" while on the highway, free of the stigma of being the douchebag vehicle of choice some years ago.

 

Sure I could do just that with the Deluxo we currently have, but the hover function will always be there, tempting.

 

Bring back the Auto in Grand Theft Auto.

It would be cool to be able to use drive-by weapons on an Oppressor, but a Mk II throwing sticky bombs would still be kinda OP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

On 7/16/2020 at 7:54 AM, Nutduster said:

 

To me this is a weird hair to split. I see it as both griefing in a sense (people only do it to cause grief to others) and not (because this game is designed around legitimized griefing; it is 100% an endorsed activity).

 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think if you're running businesses in public free roam and getting nuked, the fault lies more with you than the person who blew you up. You could choose not to play a game you know encourages this sh*t, but you do it anyway. Accept some responsibility. The game has been this way for years and you should know better by now.

 

Of course, the ultimate responsibility lies at the feet of the developers who made it this way in the first place.

This has been my argument the whole time and why I suggested solo public lobbies yet many here rejected that and even went as far as to ridicule me for the suggestion.  Its funny to see those same ones now agree with you.  lmao

 

As for griefing,  Im on the fence too.  When people destroy cargo its most likely to troll but I personally deem it as part of the challenge of selling in a public lobby to get the bonus.  It doesnt become griefing for me until they stay around and continue to kill.  Online is built for player confrontation period and as you said if your stuff gets destroyed its part of the game and you should expect it and be better prepared.  Dont blame others for wanting to kill you in a game designed for people to kill each other.  Blame yourself for ignoring suggestions to avoid them and living by these unwritten peaceful selling rules.  R* could definately make some more changes for the better but until then people need to evolve and adapt.

 

3 hours ago, Big Molio said:

On balance I would say that the two Oppressor bikes and the Deluxo should be removed from the game. I don't feel safe travelling around in anything else, and that has completely killed variety.

 

I am not a person who advocates bans, censorship, restriction, removal or prohibition of things generally, but the negatives of these vehicles in the game far outweigh the positives.

 

Take the Contact Mission "The Los Santos Connection" for example. Once you have the GPS co-ordinates, it's just a quick flight up to the oil-fields, whizz around for a bit on the OP2 and kill everybody with it, then over to the airport on it, same again there, fly out of the hangar on it and kill the courier, fly off to Madrazo's. It's too easy.

 

It stifles game play and makes you lazy.

MKII is the only vehicle worthy of removal or major nerfing.  Oppressor 1 and the Deluxo are not troll mobiles imo.  Cant remember but I dont think the Oppressor 1 even has countermeasures plus it cant stay in the air long.  People also die falling off that thing all the time too. lol  The Deluxo is simply a slow easy target.  No excuse to get griefed by this car.  I agree tho the MKii has changed the landscape and made all other vehicles obsolete for most people.

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

MKII is the only vehicle worthy of removal or major nerfing.  Oppressor 1 and the Deluxo are not troll mobiles imo.  Cant remember but I dont think the Oppressor 1 even has countermeasures plus it cant stay in the air long.  People also die falling off that thing all the time too. lol  The Deluxo is simply a slow easy target.  No excuse to get griefed by this car.  I agree tho the MKii has changed the landscape and made all other vehicles obsolete for most people.

Oppressor (1) and Deluxo only lost their reputation as troll mobiles due to the Mk II.

 

Free aiming missiles from a gliding Mk I takes more skill, but it still can destroy special cargo or MC sales very quickly. It has the instant spawn as well.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

Oppressor (1) and Deluxo only lost their reputation as troll mobiles due to the Mk II.

 

Free aiming missiles from a gliding Mk I takes more skill, but it still can destroy special cargo or MC sales very quickly. It has the instant spawn as well.

From my experience they were never true troll mobiles.  People used them a lot and sure you COULD destroy cargo with them but they are much easier to deal with than the MKII.  Might have missed it but I dont recall them ever being nerfed due to abuse.

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

From my experience they were never true troll mobiles.  People used them a lot and sure you COULD destroy cargo with them but they are much easier to deal with than the MKII.  Might have missed it but I dont recall them ever being nerfed due to abuse.

Well, they weren't completely OP to the point where every grinder and PvPer used them and little else.

 

The Mk II also never got nerfed -- unless you consider patching a speed glitch a nerf. The cooldown on calling it through the MC menu didn't change the vehicle itself.

 

And it took Rockstar 1.5 years to introduce that. The Deluxo and Oppressor weren't in the game for that long before the Mk II was added. What's the point in nerfing something that got superseded?

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
8 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

You can do casino heist prep in invite-only sessions.

 

Good to know, thanks! I've been retired since before the casino was added so I genuinely had no idea--just assumed it was locked to public free roam like everything else.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BurntTamale

I got it week 3 of launch and played till 2015 when I forgot my xbox acc password. I gave up on the game after that. I played every once in a while to see how things were unti I got it free on epic games for pc. I tried to be nice to people during those few times I played in 2015-2019 but they would always be hostile and would destroy my product almost always. Things for me have been different on pc. First there are a ton of modders which can be assholes or cool, second I am actually able to interact with other players and mess around. The experience has been way better for me than on console.

2 hours ago, BumpyJohnson said:

MKII is the only vehicle worthy of removal or major nerfing.  Oppressor 1 and the Deluxo are not troll mobiles imo.  Cant remember but I dont think the Oppressor 1 even has countermeasures plus it cant stay in the air long.  People also die falling off that thing all the time too. lol  The Deluxo is simply a slow easy target.  No excuse to get griefed by this car.  I agree tho the MKii has changed the landscape and made all other vehicles obsolete for most people.

They should just remove the rockets and the problem is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

 

Good to know, thanks! I've been retired since before the casino was added so I genuinely had no idea--just assumed it was locked to public free roam like everything else.

Fun fact: When The Casino Heist update dropped you were able to buy supplies, start sourcing/resupply missions or even sales through the Master Center Terminal on Invite sessions.

 

Unsurprisingly, it got patched quickly, in a matter of days actually.

 

Nevermind the fact that you still had to go all the way to your Business to actually pick up the sale vehicle (it didn't spawn you outside said Business nor it didn't spawn the sale vehicles outside your Arcade either) and that R* takes their sweet time to fix other actually gamebreaking bugs and glitches.

 

Really shows where their prioritie$ are, right?

Edited by YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hollis2Hollywood

I wouldn't go as far as saying anything "ruined" the game for me as I still play but I definitely play less. I took a 2 year hiatus and recently decided to get back into it due to COVID slowing things down in terms of work. I have to say, the introduction of the Oppressor was corny in my opinion as was many other unrealistic Saints Row like additions. I could honestly do without weapons like the up n atomizer as well. Wouldn't mind seeing most of the weaponized vehicles go to be honest. Maybe if they were just restricted to missions, I'd would be cool with it. I get the argument that it's a game designed for combat but to me, the griefing aided by OP vehicles makes the game less enjoyable. Sure, I could dog fight with someone on a MKII and defend myself. But every DLC is full of fancy, expensive cars that you cannot drive unless you're in passive or invite only sessions. It's basically gotten to the point where the map is full of mini horses flying around. 

 

Also, the paywalls are a bit dumb. I personally don't mind R* fishing for shark cards. Look. It's a business. They make free DLC. We're lucky to get a game still relevant this long and meaningful DLCs with cool content. That said, at least make the paywalls make sense. I need an arcade to rob a Casino? That's just a lazy story line in my opinion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
Posted (edited)

 

5 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

Well, they weren't completely OP to the point where every grinder and PvPer used them and little else.

 

The Mk II also never got nerfed -- unless you consider patching a speed glitch a nerf. The cooldown on calling it through the MC menu didn't change the vehicle itself.

 

And it took Rockstar 1.5 years to introduce that. The Deluxo and Oppressor weren't in the game for that long before the Mk II was added. What's the point in nerfing something that got superseded?

lol  You answered that question before you even asked it.  lol  They didnt avoid nerfing them because the MKII came.  They didnt because as you admitted,  they werent overpowered like the MKII which is basically what I said.  Not sure what you're arguing or trying to prove wrong here especially after comfirming my point.   Speed thing wasnt a glitch it was an expoit of the flight mechanics.  Also you forgot they change it so you could auto-aim ppl on them.  Not a change to the vehicle itself as you said but thats multiple changes to the use of it while the Oppressor1 and Deluxo didnt get any at all.  I also find it funny you admit they werent overpowered the very next post after you deemed them troll mobiles.  lol

Edited by BumpyJohnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

lol  You answered that question before you even asked it.  lol  They didnt avoid nerfing them because the MKII came.  They didnt because as you admitted,  they werent overpowered like the MKII which is basically what I said.  Not sure what you're arguing or trying to prove wrong here especially after comfirming my point.   I also find it funny you admit they werent overpowered the very next post after you deemed them troll mobiles.  lol

OK, so your definition of troll mobile = OP to the degree of the Mk II?

 

The Oppressor (Mk I) was plenty OP to "troll" people who were driving a garbage truck for a MC sale.

 

If you were actually following my argument from two comments ago, you'd realize that my first and last sentence in what you quoted are not contradictory.

 

Here I'll quote it:

6 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

Oppressor (1) and Deluxo only lost their reputation as troll mobiles due to the Mk II.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SummerFreeze said:

OK, so your definition of troll mobile = OP to the degree of the Mk II?

 

The Oppressor (Mk I) was plenty OP to "troll" people who were driving a garbage truck for a MC sale.

 

If you were actually following my argument from two comments ago, you'd realize that my first and last sentence in what you quoted are not contradictory.

 

Here I'll quote it:

Dont strawman me buddy.  Im saying the Oppressor1 and Deluxo did not have the rep as troll mobiles like the MKII.

 

Dude any weaponized vehicle in the game can troll a garbage truck.  lol  Hell you can troll a garbage truck in a regular car with stickies what are you saying?  lol  You cannot make the Oppressor1 this OP monster.  Just stop it.

 

I followed and responded accordingly.  You misunderstood what Im responding to.  The contradiction wasnt the two colored parts in that one quote.  Its exactly what you posted.  You claimed the Oppressor1 and Deluxo had the rep of troll mobiles but in the next post you admit they werent OP then later say its plenty OP vs a garbage truck.  A garbage truck?  On that note Im out.  You're not disproving anything anyway.  Peace 

Edited by BumpyJohnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
23 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

Dont strawman me buddy.  Im saying the Oppressor1 and Deluxo did not have the rep as troll mobiles like the MKII.

 

Dude any weaponized vehicle in the game can troll a garbage truck.  lol  Hell you can troll a garbage truck in a regular car with stickies what are you saying?  lol  You cannot make the Oppressor1 this OP monster.  Just stop it.

 

I followed and responded accordingly.  You misunderstood what Im responding to.  The contradiction wasnt the two colored parts in that one quote.  Its exactly what you posted.  You claimed the Oppressor1 and Deluxo had the rep of troll mobiles but in the next post you admit they werent OP then later say its plenty OP vs a garbage truck.  A garbage truck?  On that note Im out.  You're not disproving anything anyway.  Peace 

No need to get so dramatic. Just say whether your definition of "troll mobile" is "OP".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
10 hours ago, BumpyJohnson said:

 

 

 

This has been my argument the whole time and why I suggested solo public lobbies yet many here rejected that and even went as far as to ridicule me for the suggestion.  Its funny to see those same ones now agree with you.  lmao

 

As for griefing,  Im on the fence too.  When people destroy cargo its most likely to troll but I personally deem it as part of the challenge of selling in a public lobby to get the bonus.  It doesnt become griefing for me until they stay around and continue to kill.  Online is built for player confrontation period and as you said if your stuff gets destroyed its part of the game and you should expect it and be better prepared.  Dont blame others for wanting to kill you in a game designed for people to kill each other.  Blame yourself for ignoring suggestions to avoid them and living by these unwritten peaceful selling rules.  R* could definately make some more changes for the better but until then people need to evolve and adapt.

I used to get a lot of flak on here a few years ago for having this opinion. I was lumped in with the griefers as a persona non grata, but I was only ever trying to make this point. Thankfully as time has gone on I think most users here, through bitter experience, have wearily resigned themselves to the same notion.
 

We keep playing, and we accept the game for what it is, even if in our hearts we wish it were something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

I used to get a lot of flak on here a few years ago for having this opinion. I was lumped in with the griefers as a persona non grata, but I was only ever trying to make this point. Thankfully as time has gone on I think most users here, through bitter experience, have wearily resigned themselves to the same notion.
 

We keep playing, and we accept the game for what it is, even if in our hearts we wish it were something else.

Agreed, getting griefed trolled/ your cargo destroyed is part of the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

As for getting trolled by Original Oppressors, and the Deluxo, wasn't really a problem for me. Oppressor couldn't reach aircraft high in the air, and deluxo was too slow to chase, and a big enough target to hit.

The Opressor mk2 ruined the game for me for good, because of how OP it is, and it has no reliable counter. Getting your own mk2 to fight back is not a counter. The thing should be nerfed by removing the countermeasures and giving it Buzzard missiles.

 

 

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede
8 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Fun fact: When The Casino Heist update dropped you were able to buy supplies, start sourcing/resupply missions or even sales through the Master Center Terminal on Invite sessions.

 

Unsurprisingly, it got patched quickly, in a matter of days actually.

 

Nevermind the fact that you still had to go all the way to your Business to actually pick up the sale vehicle (it didn't spawn you outside said Business nor it didn't spawn the sale vehicles outside your Arcade either) and that R* takes their sweet time to fix other actually gamebreaking bugs and glitches.

 

Really shows where their prioritie$ are, right?

Not days.

 

Within 12 hours.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
11 hours ago, BumpyJohnson said:

 

 

 

This has been my argument the whole time and why I suggested solo public lobbies yet many here rejected that and even went as far as to ridicule me for the suggestion.  Its funny to see those same ones now agree with you.  lmao

That shows how little you read/understand about that advice though, lol.

 

People don't reject it, as they often use solo public or get one for their business crew to sell and kick unwanted players. But they reject the premise, they understand that it is an unintended workaround and by needing a workaround to balance their game, it highlights clearly what the issue is with the balance by allowing such noob friendly whacky toys to be so disruptive with their easy auto lock on rockets and such.

 

When someone says 'go solo public' it's both good advice because it is possible and will help, but it is equally bad advice as it's saying 'use this exploit as the game is clearly unbalanced' basically. To need an exploit/workaround to play is a problem, that's what people reject about that advise.

9 hours ago, Nutduster said:

 

Good to know, thanks! I've been retired since before the casino was added so I genuinely had no idea--just assumed it was locked to public free roam like everything else.

Lol, I was the same initially as we had to go public to set the arcade itself up. It was so good to learn this heist is fully PvE optional in any legitimate lobby though, it's since become one of my favourite additions to the game!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Unsurprisingly, it got patched quickly, in a matter of days actually.

If I'm not mistaken, it was patched within a few hours on release day. You're not wrong though, it really does highlight the priorities. (Edit: Ninja'd by @EkaSwede above, lol. My bad, was still catching up and responding on the go).

 

When I read some say 'they can't always patch 'X' because it could mess up the coding etc' but then we see often how easily and swiftly some things are patched, I have to smile and just shrug it off, lol. I know I know little of all this technical stuff, but to me it shows they really could do far more. But of course, priorities$. ;)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
sh*t, sorry. I expected another merging there. Apologies all.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timsalabimbo
8 hours ago, YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE said:

Fun fact: When The Casino Heist update dropped you were able to buy supplies, start sourcing/resupply missions or even sales through the Master Center Terminal on Invite sessions.

 

Unsurprisingly, it got patched quickly, in a matter of days actually.

It gets worse: When this happened, raids were also activated in Invite Only sessions. Where the resupply and sale missions were quickly dealt with, they didn't do anything about the raids.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede
13 minutes ago, Timsalabimbo said:

It gets worse: When this happened, raids were also activated in Invite Only sessions. Where the resupply and sale missions were quickly dealt with, they didn't do anything about the raids.

Wait, haven't business raids always occured in I/O and Crew sessions before? I remember them hapening when Bikers came around. So annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timsalabimbo
4 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

Wait, haven't business raids always occured in I/O and Crew sessions before? I remember them hapening when Bikers came around. So annoying.

I used to do those biker clubhouse contract missions in I/O because I always got raided in public sessions, but never in I/O (until the Terminal came)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

 

People don't reject it, as they often use solo public or get one for their business crew to sell and kick unwanted players. But they reject the premise, they understand that it is an unintended workaround and by needing a workaround to balance their game, it highlights clearly what the issue is with the balance by allowing such noob friendly whacky toys to be so disruptive with their easy auto lock on rockets and such.

 

 

This is exactly right. There are basically two different things being discussed all the time in these threads. One is what the game should or could have been like, if its developers did a better job of caretaking it. The other is what we can do today to make the experience better for ourselves.

 

In GTA Online, there are workarounds for most things. e.g. Solo public sessions, get out of your vehicle anytime a Mk II is nearby, go passive or use a heist invite teleport if you see someone camped in their facility looking to orbital cannon you, etc. Some of these things are exploits and some of them are more like strategies, but most of them point to things in the game that aren't balanced (or should not have ever been added) because they only have a very limited number of counters. And, most tellingly, if you're just trying to play the game in a normal way--driving around non-passively in a regular vehicle in a public lobby--you are exceedingly vulnerable to all of them. Long gone are the days of just outdriving someone, of high-adrenaline chases through the streets. Hardly anyone tries to kill you that way anymore. Why would they, when they have a flying motorcycle that spawns at their feet and fires insane, undodgeable missiles? Or a facility that can nuke anyone anywhere on the map?

 

Not only did these late additions sort of invalidate most of the game's old content for regular use, it also doesn't play nicely with most of the game's business and heist content. All those job vehicles, most of which can be locked onto, almost all of which have little to no armor and are slow as hell. Maybe it's pointing out the obvious to say that a Trashmaster "should" be underpowered compared to a Mk II, but that's exactly the problem, isn't it? What kind of game asks you to drive that thing in the same lobbies that Oppressors are roaming? I can defend a trash truck against a regular car, even a fast one, but not against any of the mememobiles. Almost all of those missions seem to assume that you'll do them in solo public sessions, or with a well-supplied army of friends protecting you, or if you're lucky, with the lobby ignoring you. Almost none of them are actually balanced against the sandbox. And I don't believe Rockstar intended them to be.

 

I'm glad to have workarounds and go-to tricks for getting by. If I didn't, I never would have come back to GTA at all. But despite those things, I still see a game that is close to a disaster in terms of its design.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

@Nutduster. Yep, spot on. I miss those earlier days where I'd have or chase a bounty out there really. I've never been a big PvP guy, but when it comes to car chases and having a few bucks bounty on me to be chased or to chase, it was just fun and often got the blood pumping. Now it's all but gone because if I do go out looking, often they're flying that bike or if you do take one, they'll pull that out and bombard me, lol. (Often with all sorts of funky messages like how I must be a cheat, using glitches or whatever - The perils of a higher rank, sigh).

 

I quite enjoy car related PvP though, things like Sumo or even the arena is fun but public has definitely lost that flavour for me. I find it hilarious that the Wreck It mode in the arena actually has features added to stop players driving backwards to disrupt those rather than regular or stunt races where a player that goes backwards goes ghost in the arena, royally screwed up considering that mode is all about the carnage that plagues proper racing, lol.

 

And had this casino heist required public to do my preps, it would have been DOA without doubt too. Quite glad they got that aspect better, but there's so much they haven't that hurts the game in areas.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Big Molio said:

I used to get a lot of flak on here a few years ago for having this opinion. I was lumped in with the griefers as a persona non grata, but I was only ever trying to make this point. Thankfully as time has gone on I think most users here, through bitter experience, have wearily resigned themselves to the same notion.

 

8 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

Agreed, getting griefed trolled/your cargo destroyed is part of the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

 

Come on guys, we have to be very careful about this sort of attitude because of the game Rockstar originally created through Special Cargo:

  • You have to pay for that cargo, which is not free or stolen.
  • Special Cargo vehicles can be locked onto with missiles.
  • You have to deliver 100% in order to get paid.

After realizing their mistakes, Rockstar moved to a more lenient fetch and delivery model with the Bikers update, in which you steal product instead of buying it, and get paid as a proportion of what you manage to deliver; however, with very slow delivery vehicles and missile lock on still a problem. The damage through these two updates had already been done and still riles many people to this day. In the most base example: you are driving a van back to your warehouse with $18,000 worth of cargo that then gets destroyed, which is annoying but also tolerable from a risk/reward perspective, but imagine delivering $4.4 million worth of cargo when the same thing happens! This could be enough to put you off the game for life.

 

These days, there are far more delivery/payout options. Import/Export cars that are much harder to catch and destroy, which can be stolen in the same way as Airfreight Cargo for profit, and pickup/delivery missions that seem far less painful when things go wrong, plus things like Business Battles where you can split the crates, but it still beggars the question, why would anyone destroy another persons merchandise for an incredibly miserly gain of $2,000 plus minor perks? You can grab a random car off the street and sell it at the modshop for more money than this. 

 

As for the Oppressor Mk II? Well, it's like an old wound from the past that Rockstar decided to open up again by making it easier than ever to disrupt other players, which has split opinion ever since. And the more you analyze Rockstar's gaming structure of donkey, carrot plus Oppressor Mk II, the more it makes sense. Horse, gold plus evil Zorro in RDR2, I suppose (although I don't play that game)?

 

 

Edited by Jenkiiii
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
10 hours ago, Timsalabimbo said:

It gets worse: When this happened, raids were also activated in Invite Only sessions. Where the resupply and sale missions were quickly dealt with, they didn't do anything about the raids.

As I just found out, you can also get a call about a special cargo item:

- while in the arcade

- while in another person's organization

- while in an invite-only session

😂

 

This would have annoyed me if I didn't already have more money than I can spend...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

After realizing their mistakes, Rockstar moved to a more lenient fetch and delivery model with the Bikers update, in which you steal product instead of buying it, and get paid as a proportion of what you manage to deliver; however, with very slow delivery vehicles and missile lock on still a problem. The damage through these two updates had already been done and still riles many people to this day. In the most base example: you are driving a van back to your warehouse with $18,000 worth of cargo that then gets destroyed, which is annoying but also tolerable from a risk/reward perspective, but imagine delivering $4.4 million worth of cargo when the same thing happens! This could be enough to put you off the game for life.

 

These days, there are far more delivery/payout options. Import/Export cars that are much harder to catch and destroy, which can be stolen in the same way as Airfreight Cargo for profit, and pickup/delivery missions that seem far less painful when things go wrong, plus things like Business Battles where you can split the crates, but it still beggars the question, why would anyone destroy another persons merchandise for an incredibly miserly gain of $2,000 plus minor perks? You can grab a random car off the street and sell it at the modshop for more money than this. 

 

 

The other question this begs to me is, why didn't Rockstar ever fix the problems? Or buff their previous businesses to be viable? In a Mk II world, nobody wants to be driving Post Op vans that can be locked onto. It's ludicrous. Imagine if they had seen the obvious issue here--one which countless players must complain about to them nonstop--and then done any, let alone all, of these:

 

- all business mission vehicles can no longer be locked onto

- all mememobiles with ridiculous homing missiles now have Buzzard or homing launcher missiles

- all missions where you are undercover (like Post Op/Trashmaster/box truck) take you off radar as long as you remain inside the vehicle

- partial payouts (call it an insurance claim) for destroyed supplies or deliveries

- all business missions can be done in private lobbies, but with increased AI resistance in private and increased cash bonuses in public

 

The fixes that would make the game much more fun and less painful are so obvious. Naturally, they've done almost none of them. They occasionally tweak a new update to compensate; they almost never fix long-standing problems, even though there's no reason not to.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.