1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

will gta 6 be a disappointment?

lofu_agfy

will gta 6 be a disappointment?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. will gta 6 be a disappointment?

Than we're all commiting mass suicide.. jk it may disappoint in some ways, it may not..but hey, we're getting a new game. Even if it's a flop think of all the fun we'll have along the way.. cyber punk anyone? 

27 minutes ago, Zello said:

You really can't though Cyberpunk style vehicles were influenced by 80s cars and movies dog...

9uqsdFR.jpg?1

9cHFZsp.jpg

wsGs142.jpg?1

f6iR1i1.jpg?1

Can't have one without the other. They both feed into each other.

Ikdxocy.gif

Edited by MrBreak16

I think it depends on what you expect.

I expect Vice City, set in the 80s, with another island or at least major city.

If that's not what we get I'll be disappointed and I'll have to get used to whatever we do get. But I wouldn't be nearly as hyped for the new game.

If it has such a poor and short story as GTA V, characters as underdeveloped and caricatured as GTA V and Rockstar have the same mentality of abandoning the SP over the MP as in GTA V, yes.

Hopefully Rockstar's way of working is more like what they have had with RDR2 than GTA V (although their online is so poor currently)

• Like 1
Carl Theft Auto

People in 2004: CJ is one whiny motherf*cker while Tommy is the king.

People in 2008: GTA IV sucks, SA is better.

People in 2013: f*ck GTA V, GTA IV is the game.

People in whatever the year GTA VI will be released: f*ck GTA VI, GTA V isn't that bad as we think.

Edited by Carl Theft Auto

Depends on your expectations, of course. I personally expect it to be a better experience than GTA IV and V and at least on par with RDR 2 in terms of scale, detail and gameplay opportunities. I don't expect something extremely mind-blowing or revolutionary. I just want a well-made crime piece with bits of love and care sprinkled on top, so I'm sure Rockstar will be able to deliver.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

People in whatever the year GTA VI will be released: f*ck GTA VI, GTA V isn't that bad as we think.

Nah, man. People were and are still overrating the sh*t out of V.

1 hour ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

BASED RDR fans:

2010: RDR is a masterpiece!

2018: RDR 2 is a masterpiece!

5 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

I've said this many times, on here, that's not the way it went.

III-SA were loved on here with very little criticism. I was a criticiser of VC's map but I was in the minority. Most loved SA. The SA bashing didn't start until IV created such a different GTA.

IV divided the fans into "IV fans" and "SA fans". V came along and failed to please either group and doesn't have a core fanbase of its own. It is not inevitable that each GTA is seen as a disappointment. Its a more recent thing with the HD era.

For me, if VI is one city in the modern era, it'll get stale fast and if they continue with decades between games, the GTA series will start a steady decline.

• Like 2

I believe there are different kinds of disappointment.

1) Due to a different expectation. The game is good enough to a lot of people but you're left disappointed because you expected something different or better.

2) Due to poor quality. The game is just not good enough, underdeveloped, poor written etc.

Number 1 is certainly going to happen and it's absolutely normal IMO.

It's unlikely that number 2 will occur but there's always a chance. You just can never guess until the game is out and played & reviewd by a significant amount of people.

23 hours ago, Patrizio said:

Most loved SA. The SA bashing didn't start until IV created such a different GTA.

IV divided the fans into "IV fans" and "SA fans". V came along and failed to please either group and doesn't have a core fanbase of its own.

GTA IV fans bashing San Andreas? I don't get it, for me it doesn't make any sense, those games are drastically different from each other, literally from different eras and personally I like both of them. By the way I wouldn't blame GTA IV here, it's way more natural IMO. With hardware getting better and fans itself getting older, many of them expect, that games will get more complex. Let's be honest, GTA VC fans are now already or almost 30 so it's clear as day, that they are looking for deeper experiences than 20 years ago.

Edited by Kris194
On 1/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, Patrizio said:

For me, if VI is one city in the modern era, it'll get stale fast and if they continue with decades between games, the GTA series will start a steady decline.

Agreed. A modern day setting in a mainstream American city thats been done a million times before would be a terrible decision.

SwishiestRock29
4 minutes ago, Western Gunslinger said:

can't be disappointed if you have no expectation in the first place

I mean you must have some hopes and wishlist of what you want from the next gta game

MiamiViceCity1986

I just hope it doesn’t gimp core mechanics like GTA V did.

I also don’t want people to fall into the “console limitations” excuse to defend its flaws like people do with GTA V. The PS5 and Series X are two of the most powerful consoles ever made so I see no reason why R* can’t take full advantage of them.

As for whether it’ll personally disappoint me? I never found GTA IV disappointing and only found GTA V disappointing after the new game hype wore off. Never had any issues with both Red Dead games and MP3 either so my track record with R*’s newer games is pretty good for the most part on first impressions.

In saying that I’ll be a little deflated if Vice City isn’t at least one of the locations though as IMO It’s long overdue for an overhaul whether GTA VI is apart of the HD era or not. I love Vice City as a location so I hope to see it again in some capacity even if it’s a secondary locale this time.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

I mean, I'm sure Grand Theft Auto VI is going to be a good game, but I'm also sure that it will disappoint me, and those who are like me.

What I mean is that I would really like a serious Grand Theft Auto game, just like Grand Theft Auto IV. I would prefer it to be more dramatic. Perhaps... that's what Rockstar is going for this time, but... I doubt it.

Also, I hope the map will include more than Vice City. I'd prefer Liberty City, but okay.

Edited by Americana
29 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I just hope it doesn’t gimp core mechanics like GTA V did.

I also don’t want people to fall into the “console limitations” excuse to defend its flaws like people do with GTA V. The PS5 and Series X are two of the most powerful consoles ever made so I see no reason why R* can’t take full advantage of them.

As for whether it’ll personally disappoint me? I never found GTA IV disappointing and only found GTA V disappointing after the new game hype wore off. Never had any issues with both Red Dead games and MP3 either so my track record with R*’s newer games is pretty good for the most part on first impressions.

In saying that I’ll be a little deflated if Vice City isn’t at least one of the locations though as IMO It’s long overdue for an overhaul whether GTA VI is apart of the HD era or not. I love Vice City as a location so I hope to see it again in some capacity even if it’s a secondary locale this time.

Well said!

As you remember I used to be critical of IV back in the day as I missed the countryside and the variety of weapons etc that increased from III to SA. EFLC fixed a lot of this and I personally had no gripes with the physics. They MUST return (and develop) in VI. No excuses. 

I agree also, while not the perfect location, Vice City needs its makeover the way LC and LS have had. 

The more I think about it there is quite a lot of pressure and expectation on Rockstar for VI. Not that they'll care of course, but they need to get it right.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 4
Western Gunslinger
5 hours ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

I mean you must have some hopes and wishlist of what you want from the next gta game

The hope dies somewhere around the release of GTA Online

I don't think it will, at least not in a sense that it's a bad game. It's just that it will likely release at least 10 years after GTA V and given the long wait many people may have unrealistic expectations, and thus they can be disappointed by the final product no matter how good it will be. Not just on GTAForums but for many people VI is the game they want the most and think about the most. So yeah I think many people are setting up for a disappointment 😛 

• Like 2
On 1/21/2021 at 5:34 PM, EliteGamer_6 said:

I did mention that they could add the oppresors and fast cars, but to them the cars wouldn't be visually appealing. Idk my brain is not like a 10 year old's. Who knows what's up with their imagination these days.

I just wish they brought the car upgrades from GTA 2 back. GTA Online did it on Arena Wars along with different type of proximity mines/emps and spikes and other stuff.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:19 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

I still hate how GTA VC it the least disliked GTA game of all time.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:52 AM, Americana said:

I'd prefer Liberty City, but okay.

This might just be, but if there's only 1 city, then I don't want to ever see LC again reiterated for the next 30-40 years.

On 7/8/2020 at 3:28 PM, DexMacLeod said:

It's kinda hard to say at this point. Currently I have very little hype or expectations for the game. We just know nothing about it and there are so many games coming out before it that GTA VI is pretty low on the list of games to be excited about for me.

Mostly I'm just trying to keep my hopes down though. I'm just expecting the usual from Rockstar. Decent story, great acting, and amazing graphics with very little upgrade in how the game actually plays.

I have a feeling it'll get a bit harder to temper that excitement and those expectations when we start getting actual info about the game. Especially when journalists start over selling the "new" and "innovative" features in the previews.

Out of curiosity, what do you personally want innovation-wise?

1 minute ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Out of curiosity, what do you personally want innovation-wise?

I don't really need for the gameplay to do anything innovative or ahead of the curve, I'd just like to see them catch up. The enemy A.I., and as a result the gun fights, were dated when GTA IV came out and it's hardly changed at all since then.

On 1/23/2021 at 4:48 PM, Kris194 said:

GTA IV fans bashing San Andreas? I don't get it, for me it doesn't make any sense, those games are drastically different from each other, literally from different eras and personally I like both of them. By the way I wouldn't blame GTA IV here, it's way more natural IMO. With hardware getting better and fans itself getting older, many of them expect, that games will get more complex. Let's be honest, GTA VC fans are now already or almost 30 so it's clear as day, that they are looking for deeper experiences than 20 years ago.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here (no offence meant) but if I've understood you right I will try:

It makes perfect sense to understand the divide that IV caused. From III to SA more features were added. SA had three citiies within a state, allowed car and character customization, and added many features (among others). It had a weak storyline but at the time most weren't bothered as the gameplay was fantastic. When IV came out the major critique by a sizeable minority (including me) was:

• No countryside
  • No customization
  • Less features
  • Just one city

However, IV allowed those that disliked SA to have a voice. IV created  a situation where there was (and is) now two types of fan:

• Those that want extensive gameplay and features, that are not as focused on the story
  • Those that want a strong story and are happy to have less features as they tie to that story

I'm not blaming IV for this but that is what happened. Regarding a deeper experience? I agree. But bare in mind IV came out just four years after SA and had been announced only two years after SA. So it was quite a shock for those who were used to the 3D era and saw San Andreas as the peak.

GTA V managed to let down both these groups. It removed the strong story and physics from IV. It failed to provide the variety that San Andreas provided and felt like a half arsed attempt to please those fans. In that sense it failed. I'd imagine most SA fans would still prefer SA > V anyday.

Regarding the age of VC fans, as someone of that age... I agree. And its why people should not be afraid of a new 80s Vice City. It would be completely different and far more grounded - more like IV than V.

Hope my reply makes sense 👍.

Edited by Patrizio
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
dantedenirodeniro
On 1/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, Western Gunslinger said:

GTA V lowered my expectation, what they did with GTA Online lowered it further. RDRII made me regain some hope, but what they eventually did with both RDRII and RDO removes any expectation I had for GTA VI

If GTA VI does manage to end up good, I'll be pleasantly surprised. if it's bad, I've seen it coming

You're saying this like GTA V was somehow a horrible game, it isn't. It is in fact one of the best games from it generation and better than GTA IV in various aspects. So yes, i can easily imagine GTA VI disapointing people, but being a BAD game? Sorry, that's just unrealistic.

At this time, if GTA VI don't manage to be like top 3 games ever. It will be a disappointment

Edited by dantedenirodeniro

Rockstar disappointment is not like other disappointment. Like GTA V it might not be what I expected, or my preference of taste, but it will still deliver as one of the best games ever made. That's just how they do at Rockstar.