2. Support

3. Suggestions

will gta 6 be a disappointment?

lofu_agfy

will gta 6 be a disappointment?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. will gta 6 be a disappointment?

Detective Phelps

I expect the same as their recent titles, a great single player experience, but a sub-par, MTx loaded multiplayer. I just hope that the storyline is better than in V, they need to ditch the multiple protagonist nonsense. I mean, if R* somehow had the time to make 70-80 missions per protagonist, I'd be fine with it since that's enough time for character development (unlike V, with 69 missions for 3 protagonists). 

The graphics will be absolutely amazing, and I'm sure that the gameplay will also be great. It has to be, I expect them to milk VI more than they milked V :lol:

I don't expect the game to be a disappointment from a single player perspective, but I 100% expect a disappointing pay-to-win multiplayer. I voted no, since the game is about the single player experience. 

Edited by Detective Phelps
  • Like 5
steve bambar
On 7/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, B_E_N_1992 said:

Why can’t games be bought on usb sticks instead of blu ray discs?

Just plug in the usb and play lol

Expensive.  Who the f*ck will buy the game ? Lol 

7 hours ago, Detective Phelps said:

I expect the same as their recent titles, a great single player experience, but a sub-par, MTx loaded multiplayer. I just hope that the storyline is better than in V, they need to ditch the multiple protagonist nonsense. I mean, if R* somehow had the time to make 70-80 missions per protagonist, I'd be fine with it since that's enough time for character development (unlike V, with 69 missions for 3 protagonists). 

The graphics will be absolutely amazing, and I'm sure that the gameplay will also be great. It has to be, I expect them to milk VI more than they milked V :lol:

I don't expect the game to be a disappointment from a single player perspective, but I 100% expect a disappointing pay-to-win multiplayer. I voted no, since the game is about the single player experience. 

They need to have a good map to milk the game. Gta 5 was brilliant  for Gta Online

The Time Ranger

I swing both ways on this topic, RDR2 showed that they can still pump out a quality story and map with decent gameplay mechanics. However the fact that Online is a major cash cow worries me, after all R is a business, they go where the money is, so I could see multiplayer taking priority, in fact I guarantee multiplayer will be huge, the question is will single player be created with the care and attention of Rockstar of old? That is yet to be seen.

Will V's average story, linear mission structure, so so combat, and wasted space map become a symbol of what's to come, or will it be a blip on the radar and we're returned back to the glory days. With Rockstars rather sparse release schedule it's hard to say. After all they're a very different company now. We all have different ideas of what makes a good Gta, some people love V, others San Andreas or IV, personally I'd like a Gta in the spirit of IV, that would be my Gta dream.

• Like 7
Winged_Kuriboh

My expectations are really low after V so it shouldn't be too hard to satisfy me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Justin443321

Single Player will for sure be good I don't know about the Multiplayer tho.If they focus on it for sure it'll be good but since GTA V is coming to NG it's really uncertain.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe.

Wont buy it on release. I"ll wait and let others evaluate the game before I even consider to purchase it.

• Like 1
MrBreak16

Many peoples here seems to think this game will disappoint after what we got with GTA V. But Red Dead Redemption II gave me hope that Rockstar can still make another great game with a great story, characters and gameplay

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 1
fleathemighty

The initial launch can't ever be a disappointment. The following updates and cater to the online cancer will definitely be a disappointment as it has been for a couple years now.

• Like 1
José_Sócrates

People say Red Dead Redemption 2 proves that Rockstar can still release good games, but they forget that the game still has some really nasty gameplay mechanics and that the missions manage to be more restrictive than what we got in GTA V.

• 5 months later...
SwishiestRock29

Title

Not being a hater or nun what if rockstar fails to deliver with gta 6, as we know most of rockstar staff from 2013-14 started full development on rdr2 and finished most work in late 2017. So we can “assume” some type of development didn’t start till 2017 early 2018. Also like to add a with all these recent company’s failing to deliver a good product like BioWare, cdpr, cod sucking for years, what if rdr2 was truly their last good game for a while. Now I hope gta 6 is good so I can enjoy it but I like to be optimistic at times seeing current trends 

Kris194

There has to be first time for everything... or maybe not.

Edited by Kris194
  • fir thi bairns 1
SwishiestRock29
9 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

There has to be first time for everything... or maybe not.

True only rockstar game I didn’t like is max payne 3 and manhunt 2

EliteGamer_6

It can't satisfy everyone. RDR 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, but I do know quite a lot of people who found it boring and overrated. One obvious way I can see the next GTA being a "dissapointment" is if the game is set in the past and all the online kids would be upset that you can't drive those fast cars even though you can have those stuff in the 80s but them not being modern would not make it appealing to them.

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 2
SwishiestRock29
2 minutes ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

It can't satisfy everyone. RDR 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, but I do know quite a lot of people who found it boring and overrated. One obvious way I can see the next GTA being a "dissapointment" is if the game is set in the past and all the online kids would be upset that you can't drive those fast cars.

Oh I know it won’t satisfy everyone but most people will agree most gta after 3 met or exceeded expectations but I disagree with your statement that if the game is on the past kids would be mad. If the game is in 80s Miami rockstar can add as much rocket powered cars as they want, the 80s was the start of the who’ll cyberpunk thing

• Like 1
EliteGamer_6
4 minutes ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

Oh I know it won’t satisfy everyone but most people will agree most gta after 3 met or exceeded expectations but I disagree with your statement that if the game is on the past kids would be mad. If the game is in 80s Miami rockstar can add as much rocket powered cars as they want, the 80s was the start of the who’ll cyberpunk thing

I did mention that they could add the oppresors and fast cars, but to them the cars wouldn't be visually appealing. Idk my brain is not like a 10 year old's. Who knows what's up with their imagination these days.

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • KEKW 3
SwishiestRock29
4 minutes ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

I did mention that they could add the oppresors and fast cars, but to them the cars wouldn't be visually appealing. Idk my brain is not like a 10 year old's. Who knows what's up with their imagination these days.

I think the kids would actually love the 80s if you remember kids were the one complaining about gta 4 being too dark and depressing, which is why gta 5 is over the top comedy, rather than grounded, if anything rockstar going to follow suit the 80s they can add so much cyberpunk theme vehicles and the soundtrack is more fun than sad. Believe me kids would love 80s miami again. But I think gta 6 will be modern time since most gta with number always modern time unlike vice city and San Andreas which took place in the past

• Like 1
EliteGamer_6
19 minutes ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

I think the kids would actually love the 80s if you remember kids were the one complaining about gta 4 being too dark and depressing, which is why gta 5 is over the top comedy, rather than grounded, if anything rockstar going to follow suit the 80s they can add so much cyberpunk theme vehicles and the soundtrack is more fun than sad. Believe me kids would love 80s miami again. But I think gta 6 will be modern time since most gta with number always modern time unlike vice city and San Andreas which took place in the past

They only number the titles when there's a change in the engine or a huge jump visually or mechanically. That's why VC and SA weren't numbered because they were essentially the same as III. Even though IV and V run on the same engine, I would assume it was heavily modified, which could be noticed visually. The jump from V to VI would be around a decade and that is more than enough to have a huge difference in terms of its engine and visuals. Also, time period doesn't matter when it comes to naming it. Regardless, they would probably name it GTA VI for marketing purposes. 

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 2
XerostarTG
6 minutes ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

Just because of neon lights and what not does not make it Cyberpunk. It's simply just the 80's, not a whole lot of other descriptors for what the 80's is composed of in regards to its actuality. Glam, synthwave, and other things were 80's and contributed to "Cyberpunk"; you are meaning to say just [glorified] cyber, there is only so much "punk" to the 80s. Kids awhile back might have enjoyed the 80s, but today's 10 years old and brainlets: no. Also R* is wanting to keep things "realistic" so there will likely not be any "rocket powered" cars, if it takes place in the 80s; and that is what makes me think it will not take place in the 80s. I personally do not mind, if I wanted to play in the 80s I would just play VC, but I do want to see 80s elements in VI (assuming it is in VC).

• Like 1
MrBreak16
1 hour ago, SwishiestRock29 said:

I don’t want to see Cyberpunk style vehicles in an 80s setting. Just use regular cars that everyone used back then

• Like 1
Zello
15 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

I don’t want to see Cyberpunk style vehicles in an 80s setting. Just use regular cars that everyone used back then

You really can't though Cyberpunk style vehicles were influenced by 80s cars and movies dog...

9uqsdFR.jpg?1

9cHFZsp.jpg

wsGs142.jpg?1

f6iR1i1.jpg?1

Can't have one without the other. They both feed into each other.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 3
Western Gunslinger

GTA V lowered my expectation, what they did with GTA Online lowered it further. RDRII made me regain some hope, but what they eventually did with both RDRII and RDO removes any expectation I had for GTA VI

If GTA VI does manage to end up good, I'll be pleasantly surprised. if it's bad, I've seen it coming

• Like 2
Len Lfc

It will be. For some. Always is. Happens with each game in a series. Also, the previous entry will be remember better when the next one releases. So when GTA VI releases, you'll find people saying that GTA V was a lot better than VI.

• Like 3