3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Gta V Possible Memory Leak, Gta V Uses My Shared System Memory

Lopsoerg

Hi There Is There A Possible Way To Decrease My Shared System Memory Or Decrease My Detected Vram On Gta V ? My Game Will Run Smoothly For 10Minutes, But After That My Game Will Stutters Really Badly. Ive Tried To Change My Dedicated Vram Through Registry Editor But Didnt Work. And Tried To Change It Through Bios But Also Did Not Work, Please Anyone Who Can Solve This Problem Answer This Thread. My Specification Is Intel HD 520 2x4 DDR4 And I3 6006U

Gta V

• excuseme 1
  • 4 weeks later...

hello, i have the same problem, and have similar specs, i have tried alot of different things but it seems there is no solution yet, what worked for me for me for a while was system restore, after that, my video memory was showing 865/1024 BUT, after like 5 days, it was again 865/4058... i dont know how.

il keep searching and let you know if i find something.

• 1 month later...

I am having this exact same problem. This is literally the only post I saw talking about this issue. GTA V was running fine, using my Dedicated Video Memory, and after the recent Summer Update it began using the Shared System Memory all of a sudden, and the game began freezing and stuttering more and more, until it became unplayable. There has been no fix to this yet.

Edited by CyroV

I thought I am the only one having this issue. My vram is supposedly 1024mb. I've been searching all the time but no one can help. Btw I already submitted a support ticket in Rockstar Games customer support, and they asked me to upload some of my system files. Hopefully they might fix the issue asap.

Same I am having the same issue it runs smoothly for a few minutes but starts to shutter .. I think shared memory is used instead of dedicated memory .. Let me know if someone found the solution .. I've also tried every possible solution to this but couldn't find any. This is the only solution I found on Internet .. it happens after the latest update .. 

old_speed_demon

Yeah same problem....it came when the summer special update came.....R* Support said they are working to fix this but who knows when they will "fix" it......they fix all money related glitches in hours while take months to fix issue that dont affect their shark cards income

Hey bro i have the same problem i tried any possible solution i even thought it might be a virus i formatted my pc but it didn't solve sh*t.
Edited by HaTsEl

i thought i was the only one experiencing this problem. it was reading my dedicated vram (which is 1024), then all of a sudden it reads my shared memory (which is 3820). the game starts to lag like sh*t after 10-15 mins, especially in dense areas like the city. it then became unplayable.

this has been happening to me for the last year

what I used to do to temporarily fix it was go into GeForce Experience and re-install my current graphics driver

it would make the stuttering go away for a few days(only a few days not permanently)

then it would start to stutter again after say 2 or 3 days so I would re-install the current graphics driver and it would fix it for the following days aswell

but this method just stopped working a few months ago so I don't really know now...

you can try doing this maybe it will work for some of yous

Edited by Tanur
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Update!!!!!!!!!! Right now on 9 September 2020, Rocksatar has released a Small update of 169 MB and I am very happy to inform that it has solved the Leak issue for me. I would love to hear if u guys have had it solved. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:52 PM, old_speed_demon said:

Latest Update!!!!!!!!!! Right now on 9 September 2020, Rocksatar has released a Small update of 169 MB and I am very happy to inform that it has solved the Leak issue for me. I would love to hear if u guys have had it solved. 

mine is still problem i have 2048 vram but it using something from 4000 but i dont even i have that much vram gta 5 is using my shared system memory not using my dedicated memory 

• 2 weeks later...

been suffering from this for almost a year now, finally fixed it

first uninstall GeForce Experience \ Shadowplay \ OBS Studio or any recording program you have

restart your computer, then go here:

Start--Settings--Update & security--Windows Update, click on Advanced options

(for Windows 10)

switch the first option from Off to On

grVfI9l.png

close the window, go to Updates and click 'Check for updates'

then it should show something along the lines of 'Show additional updates'' or 'Show optional updates' (I don't remember exactly)

then it would say you have an update to your Graphics Driver. complete the update, restart the computer and run the game

if it doesn't give you any additional updates or Graphics Driver update, just restart the computer and run he game

an important reminder is to uninstall any recording software you have before doing these steps (GeForce, Shadowplay, OBS)

Both GTA5 and RDR2 suffered from low performance and stuttering, and doing this fixed it (after week long support from Rockstar Supprt and NVIDIA support)

goodluck, let me know if this fixes your issues

Edited by Tanur