1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Question about an interaction between Tommy Vercetti and Mercedes Cortez

Pancake2020

Pancake2020

Mercedes tells Tommy at one point:

Do you mind me resting my hand in your lap?

Is this meant to be a sexually-suggestive question (that is, she's offering him a hand-job while he's driving the car)?

The answer seems "yes" to me; I just want to make sure and see what others think.

Pancake2020 sends his regards.

Edited by Pancake2020

Shred N Slash

It is sexually suggestive but she's not offering a handjob. 

There are also cut phone calls where Mercedes shows affection to Tommy, it seems like she was into him and it was meant to be a larger part of the game but it was left out mostly.

Shred N Slash
On 6/21/2020 at 12:54 PM, Wolff said:

There are also cut phone calls where Mercedes shows affection to Tommy, it seems like she was into him and it was meant to be a larger part of the game but it was left out mostly.

I don't think it was anything more than annoying phone calls you'd receive every so often, similar to the phonecalls Carl receives from Catalina after Farewell My Love... in SA.

• 1 year later...

Most Vice City fans know that the game had a very rushed development with possibly many plot elements left on cutting room floor. My personal biggest complain about Vice City's story is that we didn't really have a lot missions which include Ken, Lance, and Mercedes.

So I have a vision of what eventual Mercedes subplot could be, and I'll explain my theory and changes I would make to the vanilla game:

1.Mission "All hands on deck" would be unlocked after "Supply and demand" and after in the end Colonel Cortez asks Tommy to look after his daugher while he is away

(this mission and the latter would be mandatory to later advance to phone call from Kent Paul and the mission "Death row")

2.After Tommy gets to shore he would get a phone call from Mercedes to keep her company at the party on Starfish Island (it would take place at the mansion on northeast part of the island, where the Comet is parked in the garage and the mission would be partly inspired by "Chaperone" from GTA3). I would name the mission "Self control"  (name would be a reference to both Tommy's and Lance's behavior later in the mission). She even informes him that his "slick friend" would come.

3.The mission starts at the Mercedes's apartment in Vice Point. Tommy arrives in black Stinger picks her up and they see a Lance who is also on his way to the Starfish Island in his signature white Infernus (with line "Tommy's got company!", hommage to PMT's line in Miami Vice episode 5). They agree to have a friendly race across Ocean Drive and go together to the party. Tommy wins the race, cutscene starts (with "Self control" as the musical background). During the party cutscene Lance excuses himself because of some " unfinished business" and leaves Tommy and Mercedes. A few moments later the biker gang interrupts the party (actually searching for Lance, but only those who played VCS would realise that), they start a fight with party guests which escalates into a gunfight. Tommy shoots his way out, escapes to the car with Mercedes, the police arrives and after a car chase with 3 star wanted level they arrive at her place. (In the meantime Lance tryed to attack Diaz and gets captured by his men)

She compliments Tommy, invites him over for some "afterparty" but he declines it (in Tommy's style). And after that mission she gives him several phone calls (all of cut calls can be used) but Tommy would ignore them all and even use her in missions for Love Fist and in Film Studio, but they will never have any relations despite her evident crush for Tommy. He wasn't interested in promiscuos spoiled girl like her and it was just a favor for her father

4.After the "Self control"  mission Tommy would get a call from Kent Paul and the mission "Death row" will follow

What do you think of this idea for plot expansion?

On 10/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, nick323f said:

Tommy arrives in black Stinger picks her up and they see a Lance who is also on his way to the Starfish Island in his signature white Infernus (with line "Tommy's got company!", hommage to PMT's line in Miami Vice episode 5).

It was actually Miami Vice season 1 episode 7 'One-Eyed Jack' that the line was in. If you count pilot episode as one, then it was episode 6. I am too much of a Miami Vice fan to let this go uncorrected. 🤓

3 hours ago, Andreas915 said:

It was actually Miami Vice season 1 episode 7 'One-Eyed Jack' that the line was in. If you count pilot episode as one, then it was episode 6. I am too much of a Miami Vice fan to let this go uncorrected. 🤓

Thanks for correction, I counted pilot as one episode and counted badly until "One-Eyed Jack" :D 

Do you like idea for mission "Self control"? 

As a fan of Miami Vice would you add something to the game to reference the great show?

I have ideas for a couple more missions which could be lore friendly and don't need extreme modifications to the game :D

Edited by nick323f
  • Like 2

Oh, your mission idea is interesting for sure. The race between Tommy and Lance would echo the chase Crockett had with Arroyo junior in 'Bought and Paid For' Season 2 Ep 10. There is a frame of the chase in the opening titles of the game already.

5lV6BLi.png

clPiixn.png

Regarding additional homages to Miami Vice to the game, I think what wasn't in VC ended up in VCS. We get a better Daytona, a character that resembles Crockett more, In the Air Tonight...

But what do you have in mind?

Edited by Andreas915