Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jeansowaty

Relationships between gangs that don't meet each other.

Recommended Posts

Jeansowaty
Posted (edited)

Have you ever wondered about how gangs who never meet each other during the game would react to themselves? Could they have potential alliances or would they be enemies? Join the discussion.

 

Yakuza

They are rivals of the Zaibatsu and the Loonies, quite obviously. But how would they react to gangs in the other districts? I think they could be on good terms with the Rednecks, because both gangs are rabid fans of American culture, they even seem to be depicted as allies in the GTA2 Movie. Alternatively they might be enemies due to the Rednecks being racist. I think they could also have some pretty good relations with the Scientists, seeing as both gangs are rivals of the Zaibatsu and both seem to hate the Zaibatsu the most. With the Russians, I think they would be unfriendly to each other, due to classical tensions between Japanese and Russians. The Yakuza are also capitalists, which the Russians hate. I don't think they would care about the Krishna too much. 

 

Loonies

A bunch of madmen, they're again enemies of the Zaibatsu and the Yakuza. The Rednecks seem to use them as practice targets, which implies an, at least one-sided, rivalry between the two gangs. The Scientists likely wouldn't care about the lunatics, or maybe they could use them for experiments. I think the Russians would either use them for hot-dogs or just ignore them as well. The Hare Krishna though, could be an ally to the Loonies - both gangs are crazy, the Loonies are drug-addicted schizophrenics while the Krishnas are religious nuts. I think it's fair to say that you could be both a member of the Krishna and the Loonies at the same time. The Loonies could be also abducting members of other gangs in their asylum, turning them insane as well, in a similar way to how Krishnas convert Russians.

 

Rednecks

The Rednecks rival the Scientists and the Zaibatsus. As I mentioned, they are also hunting down Loonies, which makes them enemies. The Yakuza could be either a good ally or an enemy. I think the Rednecks would be enemies of the Russians, because the Rednecks are proud patriots whereas the Russians are classical communists, they would surely hunt each other down. They also would seem to be enemies with the Krishna, because the Krishna hate technology, it's fair to assume that they would crush Redneck pickups, steal their weapons or trailers and probably try to reconvert their members.

 

Scientists

They're rivals of the Zaibatsu and the Rednecks. They could be either allies of the Yakuza or be neutral with them, I don't see a reason why they would fight. They probably would ignore Loonies too, or they would use them for experiments. The Loons might also target their laboratories if they would attempt curing mental illnesses. I think the Russians could be a good ally for the Scientists. Both gangs hate the Zaibatsu and they could exchange technology and weapons. The only problem might be that the Russians would be a bit simple-minded for the Scientists. The Krishna could be also a pretty easy prey for Scientist experiments. They might also hate the Scientists for their atheistic outlook and how science does not always work with religion.

 

I described the Russians and Krishnas in the other gang infos already. What do y'all think?

Edited by Jeansowaty
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yutes of Cards

so how bout the yutes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
6 hours ago, Yutes of Cards said:

so how bout the yutes?

I have a feeling that they aren't very known in the city. They likely don't have any ties to any other gang because they are so small. Kinda like the Mad Island Gang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cerium

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, probably 15-18 or so years ago, something like this:

 

Cool gangs

Yakuza, Scientists, Russian Mafia

 

Idiot gangs

Loonies, Rednecks, Krishna

 

And then Zaibatsu separately. Anyway, this was obviously written by a 10 year old or something, but I always thought of the gangs in thay way. The Loonies, Rednecks, and Krishna all seem like semi to full lunatics and their missions often indicate that the leaders have zero planning behind them, just rush straight into the heat. Whereas the "cool gangs" are structural, intelligent, and often include well thought missions.

 

Therefore, I think that the cool gangs would not hate each other, and the idiot gangs would like each other, and they would hate one another.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
10 hours ago, Cerium said:

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, probably 15-18 or so years ago, something like this:

 

Cool gangs

Yakuza, Scientists, Russian Mafia

 

Idiot gangs

Loonies, Rednecks, Krishna

 

And then Zaibatsu separately. Anyway, this was obviously written by a 10 year old or something, but I always thought of the gangs in thay way. The Loonies, Rednecks, and Krishna all seem like semi to full lunatics and their missions often indicate that the leaders have zero planning behind them, just rush straight into the heat. Whereas the "cool gangs" are structural, intelligent, and often include well thought missions.

 

Therefore, I think that the cool gangs would not hate each other, and the idiot gangs would like each other, and they would hate one another.

Most of the time I was also thinking of it this way but then I thought that Rednecks already kill Loonies, so that theory falls a bit short.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusianDream

The Zaibatsu are enemies with everyone. They have the most power and the most turf, and have a hand in every illegal thing in the city.

 

I think the Yakuza are allies with the Rednecks and the Hare Krishna. In the GTA2 movie they hire Claude to rescue a Krishna monk from being kidnapped by the Zaibatsu(?), and the leader seems really happy to have them back. Then they throw a party later on at a bar with the Rednecks and the Krishna monk.

 

The Russians seem to hate the Rednecks as they hired Claude to kill one of their members in the begining of the movie (that's why they all chased after him in the beginning), and later on they arrange an ambush at the Redneck Bar to kill all of them along with the Yakuza. I doubt that they'd be allied with anyone though, they seem like they would keep to themselves.

 

The Scientists would also keep to themselves, but might occasionally employ one of the Russians to do side work for them. They'd probably sell drug components and the like to the Yakuza's J-Lab doctors.

 

The Loonies are too crazy to be friendly to anyone else, but some of them may follow the Krishna cult.

 

The Yutes are small time, everyone probably sees them as just nuisances. Some of them would probably do side work for the Zaibatsu, but I can't see them being allied with anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molotok
On 8/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, VenusianDream said:

I think the Yakuza are allies with the Rednecks and the Hare Krishna. In the GTA2 movie they hire Claude to rescue a Krishna monk from being kidnapped by the Zaibatsu(?), and the leader seems really happy to have them back. Then they throw a party later on at a bar with the Rednecks and the Krishna monk.

 

In the gta2 movie the Yakuza hired Claude to rescue one of their members kidnapped by the Krishna.. you can see in the background they are torturing a Krishna (orange clothes, shaved head). So nope, no one likes the Krishna.

 

Quote

The Russians seem to hate the Rednecks as they hired Claude to kill one of their members in the begining of the movie (that's why they all chased after him in the beginning), and later on they arrange an ambush at the Redneck Bar to kill all of them along with the Yakuza.

He is trying to order a hit on some Redneck member (probably the one that caused the trouble for him at the start). The Russian first waves him away until he shows the stolen Zaibatsu drugs.. earning their respect which makes them agree to make the hit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusianDream
12 hours ago, Molotok said:

In the gta2 movie the Yakuza hired Claude to rescue one of their members kidnapped by the Krishna.. you can see in the background they are torturing a Krishna (orange clothes, shaved head).

Ohh so the Krishna kidnapped him? I thought he was one of their monks because he had a shaved head and had orange clothes as well. I think I might have to watch the movie again lol it's been a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yutes of Cards
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, Molotok said:

In the gta2 movie the Yakuza hired Claude to rescue one of their members kidnapped by the Krishna.. you can see in the background they are torturing a Krishna (orange clothes, shaved head). So nope, no one likes the Krishna.

 

i looked at the movie, i sorta don't agree. Firstly the yakuza torturing, the so called "kirshina" does not look like one of the members, Seconds it doesn't make sense a krishina kindaps another kirshinas. and the kidnapper does not look like kirshina, so its probably just a russain a probably a mission hint at Hotdog Homicide. mostly the playstation 1 version. and also the yakuza's leader welcomes the Kirishina with open arms.

Edited by Yutes of Cards
I forgot a few more points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molotok
1 hour ago, Yutes of Cards said:

i looked at the movie, i sorta don't agree. Firstly the yakuza torturing, the so called "kirshina" does not look like one of the members, Seconds it doesn't make sense a krishina kindaps another kirshinas. and the kidnapper does not look like kirshina, so its probably just a russain a probably a mission hint at Hotdog Homicide. mostly the playstation 1 version. and also the yakuza's leader welcomes the Kirishina with open arms.

1.) Who else in this game wears orange clothes and has a shaved head? -> Krishna

2.) The Krishna do not kidnap Krishna, but they kidnap other gang members and try to convert them. The guy shown was a Yakuza member, who probably was detained with the others to some conversion facility or fresh from a conversion facility to vedic temple. We do not know the details.

3.) The kidnapper (or simply the driver if you mean that) is black. Russians are to my knowledge not black. And he also wears orange clothes which is another hint that these are Krishna.

4.) The saved guy is not wearing any Krishna colors later in the bar or when he is shown first time. Should be pretty obvious that he is a Yakuza imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yutes of Cards
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Molotok said:

1.) Who else in this game wears orange clothes and has a shaved head? -> Krishna

2.) The Krishna do not kidnap Krishna, but they kidnap other gang members and try to convert them. The guy shown was a Yakuza member, who probably was detained with the others to some conversion facility or fresh from a conversion facility to vedic temple. We do not know the details.

3.) The kidnapper (or simply the driver if you mean that) is black. Russians are to my knowledge not black. And he also wears orange clothes which is another hint that these are Krishna.

4.) The saved guy is not wearing any Krishna colors later in the bar or when he is shown first time. Should be pretty obvious that he is a Yakuza imo.

You and your, bad theories i know mine is correct, god you want an argument on the gta 2 movie is the driver is Krishna or not? You want to argue about yakuza and Krishna's relation status?

Edited by Yutes of Cards
Forgot some things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molotok
10 hours ago, Yutes of Cards said:

You and your, bad theories i know mine is correct, god you want an argument on the gta 2 movie is the driver is Krishna or not? You want to argue about yakuza and Krishna's relation status?

Thats what the topic is about, so why not. A clue about their relation status we got from the video.. a bat to the guts and a hammer to the head of the Krishna.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yutes of Cards
1 hour ago, Molotok said:

Thats what the topic is about, so why not. A clue about their relation status we got from the video.. a bat to the guts and a hammer to the head of the Krishna.

Can you shut up, no one cares about it no more. plus im going say this. Gta 2 movie is not canon to gta 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molotok
21 hours ago, Yutes of Cards said:

Can you shut up, no one cares about it no more. plus im going say this. Gta 2 movie is not canon to gta 2

Then why were you linking the kidnapping scene from the movie to the Hotdog mission if you consider them not having anything to do with each other? You need to bring something coherent.. now back to topic.

 

Loonies: We have at the very least proof from the game that Rednecks disrespect them. While I agree with most of Jeansowaty's points, I don't see them allying with the Krishnas because they are described as "hating all forms of social control" (source: game manual) and being a cult like the Krishna is the exact opposite of it. 

 

Yakuza: I personally would not see any reason why they should be on friendly terms with Rednecks, as those probably hate anything coming from outside their trailer park. But in the film we see the opposite, surprise.. As for Scientists, they might be keen for their technology as they are described in the manual as "they want the latest and greatest in weapons, cars..", but nothing obvious. They have conflict potential with the Russians as they have common businesses: prostitution, drugs, gambling (if you read some files from the journal), so I guess they would be enemies. As for the Krishna, also nothing obvious, but the film showed a scenario when things would go south.

 

Rednecks: They are described as "hating anyone that is not like them". Should be pretty telling, but the film showed a different picture as stated in the Yakuza part. As for the rest I would expect them to be enemies, mainly because of (see first sentence). And we have a scene in the film that shows Russians making a hit on them.

 

Scientists: Manual says that they are a "fringe faction of elite and disgruntled Scientists" who have dubious morality and try to impose their technological world view on others. This suggests they don't have any allies and I think they would look at the freak gangs as experiment material while not having any direct confrontation with any other gang, unless good reasons.

 

Krishnas: They hate technology and are a religious sect. So, yeah.. no one likes them and going by the description they would hate Scientists the most. They would hate the Loonies for their inobedience and Rednecks for their "wrong" religion and polluting cars. The Yakuza idk, might be the least hated for them.

 

Russians: They are described as mainly operating by smuggling expensive American cars/weapons, organs and also doing some contract killing. With Yakuza they would compete in some areas as already mentioned above. With the rest idk, no direct clue, but since they are contract killers they wouldn't mind to step in conflict with whoever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.