Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Buddy Hightower

RDR2 story-mode free-roam at end game is better than RDO.

Recommended Posts

Buddy Hightower

I wish I could invite just 1 friend to my story-mode game. Hanging out at the ranch, going into town, revisiting all the spots from the story....freaking blows RDO away and it's not even close.

That's basically what I want from RDO too, a vibrant world that feels alive that I can do co-op mission in with a friend.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

This is pretty much what I hoped for.

 

Mixing PvP and PvE was the nightmare scenario for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrungeNinja
Posted (edited)

RDO should have various random events happening way more often, at St Denis theres only 2 that I know

Spoiler

( rescue the guy at the alley and the one hogtied at the cemetery).

 There is lots of room for events all over the city, I hope they add more.

 

And if they rework Player Blips on the radar just to be visible at certain circumstances, would feel a lot better for those who wants to avoid agressive players, they already introduced the proximity system, narrow it even more and the only ones who will complain are those who wants to grief.

Edited by GrungeNinja
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STNeish

I might agree... but I really want my OWN character.  Arthur was a great character, but I wanted to play MY character.  John... well, I never really got into John, but again, I'd much rather play my own character.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiply
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, STNeish said:

I might agree... but I really want my OWN character.  Arthur was a great character, but I wanted to play MY character.  John... well, I never really got into John, but again, I'd much rather play my own character.

Yeah, I have a couple of saves before Arthur got sick and from time to time I consider going back to one and simply ignoring the gang and the storyline and free-roaming from there.  The downside is that everything down south is still fully red so no casual roaming down there.

Edited by Hiply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

If you could play as Arthur through a cheat it would be about equal.  When the RDO is working it is much better than the end of story mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LL Cool L

surprised they didnt make PVE lobbies like in the other RDR

 

does PVP sell more micro-transactions?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
4 hours ago, Hiply said:

Yeah, I have a couple of saves before Arthur got sick and from time to time I consider going back to one and simply ignoring the gang and the storyline and free-roaming from there.  The downside is that everything down south is still fully red so no casual roaming down there.

Just go to the very end of the game. There is still of ton of content to do....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiply
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Buddy Hightower said:

Just go to the very end of the game. There is still of ton of content to do....

 

No, I have no interest in playing a wheezing Arthur on his deathbed...which is why I made sure I had saves made before he gets seriously sick. :)

By those saves I had everything I wanted from an equipment/mount/weapon perspective and $4,000 or so in cash, so I was completely self-sufficient.

Edited by Hiply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
17 minutes ago, Hiply said:

No, I have no interest in playing a wheezing Arthur on his deathbed...which is why I made sure I had saves made before he gets seriously sick. :)

By those saves I had everything I wanted from an equipment/mount/weapon perspective and $4,000 or so in cash, so I was completely self-sufficient.

Spoiler below:

 

 

 

 

I mean as John. You get all of Arthur's stuff and all of his money if you do the pig farm method to transfer his wealth. I leave all the collection tasks and all the treasure maps for John as well. Plus hunting all the items for the trapper.

I try to play Arthur as I think he would have played, paying more attention to the story and less about the side quests. Then John comes through and cleans it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiply
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Buddy Hightower said:

Spoiler below:

 

 

 

 

I mean as John. You get all of Arthur's stuff and all of his money if you do the pig farm method to transfer his wealth. I leave all the collection tasks and all the treasure maps for John as well. Plus hunting all the items for the trapper.

I try to play Arthur as I think he would have played, paying more attention to the story and less about the side quests. Then John comes through and cleans it all up.

I have John, I did the Art/John cash transfer, have the farm fully functional, 20k in the bank, etc...

I like Arthur better than John, like the person I was responding to originally.

Edited by Hiply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShape2020

I agree story mode just has more life than RDO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.