Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Aurora11

Please remove delete file/folder feature of .oiv packages

Recommended Posts

Aurora11

I have made a post here, explains why I am asking this

OpenIV team, I know it's a bit long to read but please bear with me and consider doing this. Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC22
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Aurora11 said:

OpenIV team, I know it's a bit long to read but please bear with me and consider doing this. Thank you.

I have to completely agree... nothing should ever be allowed to delete something it didn't create (in an installation/uninstallation sense anyway)... this is basic file-management protocol. There's certainly no excuse for file-deletion without warning, ever. You should be able to recover the files from the recycle bin though, if you haven't already emptied it... unless OpenIV just outright deletes things completely.

 

I'd love to be able defend the mod author, because QuantV is the only graphics mod I ever use... but in this instance I can't defend them. Whilst it does say in the readme "Install on clean game only", there's no mention that existing files in the game folder will be deleted and that's really bad. ENB and Reshade are optional installs for QuantV, so it shouldn't do anything with ENB or Reshade related files, unless you specifically use that optional installer. I usually manual install it, so I have never checked the assembly.xml.

 

I never use OIV unless it is on an absolutely clean game, simply because I don't trust the package system and I don't trust the people who build the OIV packages. This just proves why... it's truly sad that you had to lose files to expose this flaw, I hope you can recover them.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aurora11
40 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

I have to completely agree... nothing should ever be allowed to delete something it didn't create (in an installation/uninstallation sense anyway)... this is basic file-management protocol. There's certainly no excuse for file-deletion without warning, ever. You should be able to recover the files from the recycle bin though, if you haven't already emptied it... unless OpenIV just outright deletes things completely.

 

I'd love to be able defend the mod author, because QuantV is the only graphics mod I ever use... but in this instance I can't defend them. Whilst it does say in the readme "Install on clean game only", there's no mention that existing files in the game folder will be deleted and that's really bad. ENB and Reshade are optional installs for QuantV, so it shouldn't do anything with ENB or Reshade related files, unless you specifically use that optional installer. I usually manual install it, so I have never checked the assembly.xml.

 

I never use OIV unless it is on an absolutely clean game, simply because I don't trust the package system and I don't trust the people who build the OIV packages. This just proves why... it's truly sad that you had to lose files to expose this flaw, I hope you can recover them.

Thank you so much and so true :( I checked my recycle bin but they are not there unfortunately :( 

 

I mean at least they could simply exclude the configuration files at least. I don't understand why or how nor can agree with but let's say they have a reason with it, maybe people using enb or reshade having issues with that mod but their configuration ini files do nothing without d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll . At least they are still easily obtainable (old versions not always comes easy to find) but losing the .inis I spent countless of hours to tweak to my liking and adapt on the installed graphical mods were truly so so sad :( and honestly judging by they even included an original game dll ( d3dcompiler_46e.dll ), it seemed to me they don't really have much knowledge with these sort of things.. I think OpenIV didn't delete it because it's original game file or something but like you agreed too, there shouldn't be any avaliable delete option given :/ 

 

I will just look at the assembly.xml of the mod if it doesn't come with manual installion and then manually put the files to the locations myself from this moment on :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC22
4 minutes ago, Aurora11 said:

and honestly judging by they even included an original game dll ( d3dcompiler_46e.dll )

That's not an original game dll, that's an ENB dll.. the original game file is called d3dcompiler_46.dll

 

5 minutes ago, Aurora11 said:

I will just look at the assembly.xml of the mod if it doesn't come with manual installion and then manually put the files to the locations myself from this moment on 

That's the safest option to be honest, that's what I always do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OpenIV Team

We will investigate this issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aurora11
1 hour ago, OpenIV Team said:

We will investigate this issue.

 

Thank you so so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.