2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

PS5 Reveal Event Topic & Poll

Kirsty

Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?

• GTA VI announcement
    • GTA V re-release
    • RDR 2 re-release
    • RDR 1 re-mastered
    • Older games compatibility (e.g. GTA IV)
    • A new Rockstar title
    • Nothing
    • A sequel Rockstar title (e.g. Bully 2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• marquuard

• Americana

1 minute ago, yolobigman said:

YO ELON MUSK CAN U BUY ROCKSTAR GAMES AND DELETE GTA ONLINE

No but I can buy them I got $1.69 that should be enough right?

HOW'S ANNIE?
8 minutes ago, dyz said:

Its obvious they’ll do map expansions

Hate to burst your bubble, but seems to me this isn't as "obvious" as it may seem. In the past Rockstar have always tried to make us believe they're holding a bigger hand than they are.

Considering this is a re-release of an eight year old game I can only hope that they do something special with it to make it worth it. But with 2020 Rockstar you're better off expecting nothing and enjoying what little extra they may add to the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArthurMorganRDR said:

I should of done the same but the younger me was kissing R* ass so much i even bought it twice

Try three times. PS3, PS4, and PC.

Man was throwing coins and sh*t lmao.

Wonder if he'd be this excited with today's news.

• KEKW 4

1 hour ago, dyz said:

Its obvious they’ll do map expansions, im just hoping they’ll add story dlc. Which will be like another GTA anyway 

And clap if you believe in tinker bell. What we are looking for at this point is a SP DLC. It's obvious that we won't getting one; waited 7 years only to get none. EFLC for IV came out even earlier. GTA Online is pretty boring and up to a point where are people are not bothered to update their games. This PS5 announcement is maybe the biggest disappointment of all time (when it comes to expecting GTA news). it's almost been 9 years and there's no promise of a new game (yet). RDR2 took it's sweet time but it was sure shot. GTA VI doesn't feel like one.

0rTqlCW.png

Quinn_flower
1 hour ago, MojoGamer said:

Its pointless for a expansion cause we already heard the leaked audio files for the dlc

Link?

1 hour ago, kasaGG said:

Try three times. PS3, PS4, and PC.

Try 4 times ps3 (collectors),ps4,Xbox one, PC

2 hours ago, Ho Diver said:

Yep, Why waste your time having a headache trying to downgrade and modify your GTA IV copy just to have all songs in the game, when you can just download a bootleg version of the game that comes complete with all the content in the game?

Actually r* restored it with the patch that came out this month

Edited by Quinn_flower

Bob Loblaw_
6 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

Actually r* restored it with the patch that came out this month

Really? ACDC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden songs are back? I know they restored the EFLC stations but IDK about the songs they removed like 2 years ago, that's what I was talking about.

• Like 1

ArmenianAssasin77

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day has been ruined ...

Im so dissappointend i never thought rockstar would have sunken so low that they release the same game for 3 f*cking console generations.

I mean there´s gotta be a limit to how long you can milk a game, people are done with this game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheJesus1996 said:

It's odd that they didn't showed PS5 footage meaning that they haven't even started working with it, probably the reason why they're releasing it far 2021...

It will take some intern like 10 minutes to bump up the resolution slightly and shadows from low to medium and bam, done. They're just waiting for bigger install base rather than selling it to a relatively low number of early adopters.

Edited by dimassss

3 hours ago, CyberRock said:

You know what would be even more funny? A delay to 2022 release.

At least a delay to “holidays 2021”.

GOLD!

BTW, I liked the event. I think it was great for Play Station fans. Sucked for Rockstar fans though. A 7 year old game built on 2006 hardware and video captured on last gen for a next gen console reveal.

It’s so bad it’s good😂

Edited by JohnPeter
  • KEKW 1

15 minutes ago, ArmenianAssasin77 said:

I dont understand how this has more likes than dislikes.

Forget it Jake (ArmenianAssasin77), it's Chinatown (Rockstar).

• KEKW 1

As standalone GTAO releases in the second half of 2021, what was the real point of the Preacher? Stop saying it was because of the quarantine-time. And what the f*ck was 25th March, for real?

soooo many questions...

13 minutes ago, Whatsyourname said:

There were those who made fun of me when I shared this in advance 

@marquuard @yolobigman

You had no idea, you informed yourself based on Twittersh*t. Still nobody believes you, you made some clean-cut guesses.

thecoolfattykid
4 minutes ago, marquuard said:

As standalone GTAO releases in the second half of 2021, what was the real point of the Preacher? Stop saying it was because of the quarantine-time. And what the f*ck was 25th March, for real?

soooo many questions...

My gamer theory is that mods and admins here thought of trolling us all. So they made that gonnaenodothat account and trolled us all. 

Whatsyourname
6 minutes ago, marquuard said:

soooo many questions...

You had no idea, you informed yourself based on Twittersh*t. Still nobody believes you, you made some clean-cut guesses.

Okay big boss

4 hours ago, dyz said:

Its obvious they’ll do map expansions, im just hoping they’ll add story dlc. Which will be like another GTA anyway 

obvious from what? from the fact that they used current gen game footage of what is already in the game for the next gen re-release trailer? 

the most that its getting is maybe some new online gamemodes exclusive to the next gen consoles

Hmm. I mean... Eh.

Edited by Americana

Whatsyourname
37 minutes ago, marquuard said:

That twitter account is not mine. Someone in the forum imitates what I wrote. I also know who he is.

ArmenianAssasin77
10 hours ago, McIn Tyler said:

Why did we port this over for the third generation..... I guess it was the money... or that thing.... actually no it was just the money”

• KEKW 2

13 minutes ago, Whatsyourname said:

That twitter account is not mine. Someone in the forum imitates what I wrote. I also know who he is.

If what you say is true what will Rockstar do with GTA 5? Will they expand the single player? Add new maps? 

6 hours ago, MojoGamer said:

They just delayed the ps3 expansion for GTA 5 towards the ps5._.

:facedesk:

f*cking 10D chess move. R*ckstar wins again, baby!

---

Now let's get real. You hate them now, but once GTA 6 is announced everyone will bend over and pre-order it, same way a sh*tload of people who hated R*ckstar in 2017 for milking GTA Online to death were the first ones to get RDR2. Since 2015 it was clear where their mind was. Nothing has changed from that point, so acting like your hero has just failed you is just milking for easy sympathy points. The lesson here is that R*ckstar is just one big dev more who became too successful for its own good, and with GTA V being the most profitable piece of entertainment in history (more than Star Wars and the Avengers) this was going to happen.

This is the only chance you all have to actually learn from the past. If you buy a PS5 and launch day for no other reason than to be the cool kid on the block, you're part of the actual problem. As of now there's literally no reason to even be excited about the new generation of consoles, so why even care about this? Because it shows R*ckstar's true colors? We've known them for at least four years now.

If they had announced GTA VI the forums would have exploded in hype and suddenly we'd have forgiven R*ckstar, and every rational negativity considering the past would be mocked. If you really want to start hurting them, just treat this as it is: nothing, but no one will do that. Everyone wants to be the brave anti-corporate cool kid who will still buy GTA VI on launch day.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Shouldn't this thread be closed since the event is done?

Just now, Pingley said:

Shouldn't this thread be closed since the event is done?

no GTA6, no show

Whatsyourname
8 minutes ago, yolobigman said:

You can have more than 2 accounts on twitter mate. You clearly just logged into your other one to take that picture (JosephTheLeaker)

Spider sorry for going after him again he just pisses me off ever since he accused me of being a leaker on his twitter account. 

I will stop being childish now and ignore the 9 year old.

Sorry

Don't worry, everything will be clear :) 

GhettoJesus
7 hours ago, Zapper said:

I don't know why people say this is why Leslie jumped the ship. Leslie was the man behind GTAO. Even his new game 'EVERYWHERE' sounds like an MMO. 

I think Leslie was way too ambitious for the House brothers. I think there was some conflict because Leslie put himself or wanted to put himself first in the credits before Sam and Dan.

6 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Just to side note, we're getting 4k60 uploads of stuff shown at the event and it does make a big difference, especially for Gran Turismo 7...

Not gonna lie, that game looks pretty good. The lightning, the reflections, it's all there.

K2yjoYK.png

Whatsyourname
54 minutes ago, dyz said:

If what you say is true what will Rockstar do with GTA 5? Will they expand the single player? Add new maps? 

All I knew was that Rockstar would be at the event. I don't know anything else for now.