2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

PS5 Reveal Event Topic & Poll

Kirsty

Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?

• GTA VI announcement
    • GTA V re-release
    • RDR 2 re-release
    • RDR 1 re-mastered
    • Older games compatibility (e.g. GTA IV)
    • A new Rockstar title
    • Nothing
    • A sequel Rockstar title (e.g. Bully 2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• marquuard

• Americana

Excalibur Voltaire
Just now, yolobigman said:

I mean yea you can kinda tell they’re just doing it for money. They reused the first gta 5 trailer lol

You would expect them to atleast improve or add something but lmfao

1 minute ago, yolobigman said:

I mean yea you can kinda tell they’re just doing it for money. They reused the first gta 5 trailer lol

Again, its not Rockstar that are solely responsible. Its evident Take Two is twisting their arm to squeeze as much as they can out of GTA 5. The majority of the Rockstar staff that have spoken in the past (before online play became so essential) about re-releases and so on, have said that's not really what they're interested in doing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jamesos said:

Are we seriously boycotting Rockstar right now? If we're gonna boycott anyone it should be Take Two.

Neither party wants that. Rockstar makes them a f*ck ton of money and Take Two make Rockstar a ton of money too. Im not saying its not shady but Rockstar games is still a business. Regardless of a needless GTA 5 port no one asked for, it doesnt mean they're not working on anything better at the moment. 

How exactly would we do that? T2 won't bat an eye until they see a massive drop it revenue from Sharkcards, and there's simply nothing we can do about that thanks to the r*tards that buy them. Review bombing won't do anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Shanki said:

How exactly would we do that? T2 won't bat an eye until they see a massive drop it revenue from Sharkcards, and there's simply nothing we can do about that thanks to the r*tards that buy them. Review bombing won't do anything.

I mean this is a stretch but you could try protesting in front of their headquarters LOL

4 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

You would expect them to atleast improve or add something but lmfao

They just delayed the ps3 expansion for GTA 5 towards the ps5._.

:facedesk:

Excalibur Voltaire

Remember: vote with your wallet, pirate their game

• Like 2

Just now, Legion of Hell said:

This is bullsh*t lol. You all want to damage Rockstar right now, but once GTA 6 gets an announcement you will all be back to sucking their dicks. This has been a problem for more than 5 years, and just now you guys want to sh*t all over Rockstar because you didn't get GTA 6 exactly when you wanted even though the chances of an announcement were slim in the first place. Get real.

I dont have a problem calling some of their business practices shady, but im also aware that when Rockstar delivers, they really f*cking deliver. If having to bare witness to some annoying business practices means getting a great game in the future, I really could care less. 

• Like 2

LittleJesus

It's odd that they didn't showed PS5 footage meaning that they haven't even started working with it, probably the reason why they're releasing it far 2021...

2 minutes ago, TheJesus1996 said:

It's odd that they didn't showed PS5 footage meaning that they haven't even started working with it, probably the reason why they're releasing it far 2021...

There's not much that they can do to that to make it look different. It's the same old game. Same code from 2013.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 3

Bob Loblaw_
13 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

Yep, Why waste your time having a headache trying to downgrade and modify your GTA IV copy just to have all songs in the game, when you can just download a bootleg version of the game that comes complete with all the content in the game?

Edited by Ho Diver
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

"More than a simple backwards compatibility", Yep.

So how was your hype train? 😄

Remember  when Someone Asked u is gta 5 will release to ps5 and you told him no , maybe it will be part of backwards compatibility now its official gta 5 coming to ps5 2021 😂🤣 

Edited by GtaV2020

6 minutes ago, Ho Diver said:

Yep, Why waste your time having a headache trying to downgrade and modify your GTA IV copy just to have all songs in the game, when you can just download a bootleg version of the game that comes complete with all the content in the game?

If you're only here to promote illegally pirating a companies games and to sh*t all over that same company, why are you here? lol

LittleJesus
10 minutes ago, Zello said:

There's not much that they can do to that to make it look different. It's the same old game. Same code from 2013.

Yeah, my point was why they didn't showed in game PS5 footage. 

I highly doubt they will do mayor improvements too... like it will be to much if they add all the Online content into story mode?

So my PS4 copy in the PS5 will get this "enhancements" for free?

Excalibur Voltaire
1 minute ago, jamesos said:

This is bullsh*t lol. You all want to damage Rockstar right now, but once GTA 6 gets an announcement you will all be back to sucking their dicks. This has been a problem for more than 5 years, and just now you guys want to sh*t all over Rockstar because you didn't get GTA 6 exactly when you wanted even though the chances of an announcement were slim in the first place. Get real.

I dont have a problem calling some of their business practices shady, but im also aware that when Rockstar delivers, they really f*cking deliver. If having to bare witness to some annoying business practices means getting a great game in the future, I really could care less. 

People (not me) are mad that instead of fixing RDRII or adding something to RDO, they rerelease GTA V for PS5 without adding new stuff, which is something nobody asked or want

and no, I lost my respect for R* since GTA V, RDRII give me some hope, but even then they still f*ck up

thecoolfattykid

RKioSPJ.jpg

Yes that a big f*cking surprise cockstar, big f*cking surprise. You know what's even more insulting? There's no story mode dlc for this re-re-release. That would have been at least acceptable because its new content. But nope. Thank you rockstar, thank you

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

People (not me) are mad that instead of fixing RDRII or adding something to RDO, they rerelease GTA V for PS5 without adding new stuff, which is something nobody asked or want

and no, I lost my respect for R* since GTA V, RDRII give me some hope, but even then they still f*ck up

They're a business. They do what they can to make as much money as possible. The only way ill totally lose hope over Rockstar is if GTA 6 sucks ass, I could honestly give less of a f*ck about what they do with online as long as the story mode is good.

45 minutes ago, Shanki said:

Well he came up with the idea, sure, but we don't know which f*ckhead came up with sharkcards and it being such a grindy piece of sh*t.

It's simple. If you want to make a long running service game you have to take either one of these approaches - subscription model like MMOs with paid expansions or free updates and grindy economy with microtransactions. Take Two/Rockstar chose the second approach. Mainstream supported it and the kept going on.

I believe it was Take Two's choice. Every first party game from them have MT in them.

But you can't expect any company to churn out updates after update if they aren't getting money out of it. 

Excalibur Voltaire
10 minutes ago, jamesos said:

They're a business. They do what they can to make as much money as possible. The only way ill totally lose hope over Rockstar is if GTA 6 sucks ass, I could honestly give less of a f*ck about what they do with online as long as the story mode is good.

By re-re-releasing a game without adding anything new? doesn't sound like money laundry to me

Thing is, they'll make more money if they release RDR for PC as 10th anniversary, add content to RDO or make GTA V SP DLC but nah, let's re-re-release GTA V without adding new stuff, surely we'll make more money

Edited by Legion of Hell

Just to side note, we're getting 4k60 uploads of stuff shown at the event and it does make a big difference, especially for Gran Turismo 7...

2 minutes ago, dyz said:

But we can all agree GTA 5 is a masterpiece 

No

Edited by yolobigman
  • Like 4

Electric_Spectral
1 minute ago, dyz said:

What GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

Its obvious they’ll do map expansions, im just hoping they’ll add story dlc. Which will be like another GTA anyway 

• KEKW 2

5 minutes ago, dyz said:

Delete this comment

GTA 4 was the most realistic and stimulated GTA ever, almost perfect

6 minutes ago, dyz said:

1 minute ago, dyz said:

Its obvious they’ll do map expansions, im just hoping they’ll add story dlc. Which will be like another GTA anyway 

Its pointless for a expansion cause we already heard the leaked audio files for the dlc

Bob Loblaw_
9 minutes ago, dyz said:

Both GTA V and RDR2 are great games but neither are masterpieces.

4 minutes ago, Ho Diver said:

Both GTA V and RDR2 are great games but neither are masterpieces.

You know that's subjective? For me they are both masterpieces. Doesn't change the fact that I am pissed about them releasing GTA V for the 3rd time.