2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

PS5 Reveal Event Topic & Poll

Kirsty

Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any of the following could be announced at the PS5 reveal event?

• GTA VI announcement
    • GTA V re-release
    • RDR 2 re-release
    • RDR 1 re-mastered
    • Older games compatibility (e.g. GTA IV)
    • A new Rockstar title
    • Nothing
    • A sequel Rockstar title (e.g. Bully 2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• marquuard

• Americana

2 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

It is when that 7 year old game is still incredibly popular and profitable. It's not like the franchise has been lying dormant for 7 years.

man. maybe thats a far fetch. but.

thisis whats wrong with global economy. everybody is keen on making as much money as possible. f*ck innovation. f*ck progress. f*ck nature. f*ck peace. what only cares is money. now. not tomorrow. now.  to make the richest even richer than anyone could even imagine.

maybe im drunk, maybe im dissapointed as hell, maybe it would've been better not to announce anything

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nolimits said:

man. maybe thats a far fetch. but.

thisis whats wrong with global economy. everybody is keen on making as much money as possible. f*ck innovation. f*ck progress. f*ck nature. f*ck peace. what only cares is money. now. not tomorrow. now.  to make the richest even richer than anyone could even imagine.

That's capitalism baby. Keep makin money.

Electric_Spectral
12 minutes ago, CallTheCoroner said:

R* logo appears 

ZI9teR8.jpg

GTAV......... again.......

ygBLLk4.jpg

JNpNCUf.jpg

9luTM07.jpg

And ends with this

Parks And Rec Computer GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Volatollotalov
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Rockstar doesn't have 50 people and it doesn't take a thousand plus to make a new version of an existing game. Don't get the GTA VI fears.

I hear you, but I'm not optimistic. 

Why would anyone trying to forge a career in the games industry, especially those with some experience, want to apply their efforts to re-animating the corpse of a seven year old game, whose online version was already structurally f*cked two years after its release? And which just about the entire gaming community is now rarely united in thinking is absurd?

This remaster isn't just a breezy task that can be carried out in a fortnight by way of a quick improvement project. If there are serious intentions to 'enhance' those deep incremental flaws in the online version, and perhaps to expand the map (although this has not been elaborated upon, for good reason I think) then everything needs rebuilding from the ground up. Layers upon layers of ad-hoc improvisations need to be dismantled, reconstructed and resequenced, tested then improved. 

The more I think about it, the more I can't see any logic in this decision at all. It is astoundingly, exceptionally dumb and technically illiterate. It is miserable. It suggests a quick panic to pull something out of the hat to give to Sony's PS5 launch and no thought whatsoever has been given to the consequences reputationally or managerially. It will impact on Six because I doubt few with self-respect and experience will want to stay there if they can see a way out. And, as many have said, where the hell is RDR2 in all of this PS5 fun and games?

Then just wait until the relaunch of Five is delayed! 

Edited by Volatollotalov

Jesus christ they just reused old trailer footage and didn't even show the PS5 version.

The only good thing that came out of the event. If only they revealed the price.

• Like 2

Me and my brother literally screamed when we saw the rockstar logo. 

then it all went downhill from 'Why did I move here'

11 minutes ago, RJX74 said:

Jesus christ they just reused old trailer footage and didn't even show the PS5 version.

They got me. That f*cking Cockstar boomed me.

They're so f*cking good. They're so f*cking good. They're so f*cking good. They're so f*cking good.

• Like 2

killdrivetheftvehicle

R* surprised us again! It just wasn't a pleasant surprise. They either knew they were going to piss most of their fanbase off, or they are idiots. I don't know which is worse.

• Like 2

Volatollotalov
1 minute ago, killdrivetheftvehicle said:

R* surprised us again! It just wasn't a pleasant surprise. They either knew they were going to piss most of their fanbase off, or they are idiots. I don't know which is worse.

It's T2, not R*.

killdrivetheftvehicle
1 minute ago, Volatollotalov said:

It's T2, not R*.

I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, killdrivetheftvehicle said:

They knew for sure. They even threw that Rockstar logo before the trailer during the livestream to rub salt into the wound. The trailer on their YouTube channel does not have the logo. They just don't care about anyone's opinions because they know that brainlets will buy it anyway.

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

I can now understand why Leslie and Dan jumped ship. 

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

I don't know why people say this is why Leslie jumped the ship. Leslie was the man behind GTAO. Even his new game 'EVERYWHERE' sounds like an MMO. 

Man, this just doesn’t feel right. Rockstar has changed I f*cking hate it. Honestly won’t be surprised if gta 6 turns out sh*t

6 minutes ago, Zapper said:

I don't know why people say this is why Leslie jumped the ship. Leslie was the man behind GTAO. Even his new game 'EVERYWHERE' sounds like an MMO. 

Well he came up with the idea, sure, but we don't know which f*ckhead came up with sharkcards and it being such a grindy piece of sh*t.

Just now, Shanki said:

Well he came up with the idea, sure, but we don't know which f*ckhead came up with sharkcards and it being such a grindy piece of sh*t.

TAKE. TWO. INTERACTIVE. SOFTWARE. 

There’s a reason why dan left. And rockstar didn’t want to make a big scene of him leaving, not because no one needs to know, it’s because rockstar turned to sh*t. Very obvious

Excalibur Voltaire

GTA V is basically a Skyrim ripoff due to the constant re-releases

Even R* themself is a Bethesda ripoff with their broken games

Just now, yolobigman said:

There’s a reason why dan left. And rockstar didn’t want to make a big scene of him leaving, not because no one needs to know, it’s because rockstar turned to sh*t. Very obvious

Look, im pissed at Rockstar too but the blame should not be put solely on them. The majority of this cash cow oriented style of business has to do with Take Two, and because Rockstar is a subsidiary of Take Two they have to play ball and let them do whatever shady tactics they want in order for Take Two to give them freedom to make whatever they plan on doing in the future.   

• Like 1

Electric_Spectral

Just permanently deleted GTA 5 from my steam library, and it feels so good man you guys should do it too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jamesos said:

Look, im pissed at Rockstar too but the blame should not be put solely on them. The majority of this cash cow oriented style of business has to do with Take Two, and because Rockstar is a subsidiary of Take Two they have to play ball and let them do whatever shady tactics they want in order for Take Two to give them freedom to make whatever they plan on doing in the future.   

Rockstar need to f*ck off take two

3 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

GTA V is basically a Skyrim ripoff due to the constant re-releases

Even R* themself is a Bethesda ripoff with their broken games

What it's come to. Can't wait to play GTA V on my shower.

• Like 1

Just now, ArthurMorganRDR said:

Just permanently deleted GTA 5 from my steam library, and it feels so good man you guys should do it too.

Are we seriously boycotting Rockstar right now? If we're gonna boycott anyone it should be Take Two.

Just now, yolobigman said:

Rockstar need to f*ck off take two

Neither party wants that. Rockstar makes them a f*ck ton of money and Take Two make Rockstar a ton of money too. Im not saying its not shady but Rockstar games is still a business. Regardless of a needless GTA 5 port no one asked for, it doesnt mean they're not working on anything better at the moment. 

Excalibur Voltaire
3 minutes ago, ArthurMorganRDR said:

I pirated GTA V without regret. All of this sh*tshow make me even more glad that I never bought this

Edited by Legion of Hell
  • Like 2

I mean yea you can kinda tell they’re just doing it for money. They reused the first gta 5 trailer lol

• Like 1

Electric_Spectral
Just now, Legion of Hell said:

I pirated GTA V without regret. All of this sh*tshow make me even more glad that I pirated this

I should of done the same but the younger me was kissing R* ass so much i even bought it twice