3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rolling Block Rifle?

STNeish

So... I've been using my Bolt Action rifle for most things, but everyone seems to go on and on about the Rolling Block rifle... so I finally relented and bought one.  I figured, it might have a longer range scope, for some real sniping.  To my surprise, I couldn't NOT fire it without the scope.  Is this right, or am I missing something?  Am I forced to use the scope at all times?

Yes, sadly its a scope only rifle, from what I remember. :) it's still a very viable weapon for combat, but long range.

15 hours ago, STNeish said:

So... I've been using my Bolt Action rifle for most things, but everyone seems to go on and on about the Rolling Block rifle... so I finally relented and bought one.  I figured, it might have a longer range scope, for some real sniping.  To my surprise, I couldn't NOT fire it without the scope.  Is this right, or am I missing something?  Am I forced to use the scope at all times?

Yes, it's a sniper rifle and it's scope-only.  I use mine for hunting and for long range combat like clearing revenue agents and bandit camps.  It hits much harder than the bolt action so I used to use it and a bolt action as my two heavy rifles due to being to use the bolt action much more effectively at close range for things like wolves and cougars attacking while I'm riding somewhere.  I swapped out the bolt action for a short-scoped carcano and put the bolt action in my weapons locker since, with a short scope, I have a wide enough field of view with the carcano that it works well for those moments and it hits harder.

rolling block express ammo + level 3 sharpshooter is probably the hardest hitting gun in game except explosive ammo, but I still use carcano because it has larger magazine and damage difference is indistinguishable unless the player you're against is running a defensive setup. in pve damage doesn't matter so carcano is much better.

so I suggest carcano with express ammo + level 3 sharpshooter

11 hours ago, STNeish said:

I notice the Carcano also starts with a scope... is it another sniper only weapon?

Yes, but if you use a short scope (I think the default is medium but I'm not certain I'm recalling that correctly) you get a wide enough field of view to handle short range encounters pretty effectively.

1 minute ago, Hiply said:

Yes, but if you use a short scope (I think the default is medium but I'm not certain I'm recalling that correctly) you get a wide enough field of view to handle short range encounters pretty effectively.

Nah, nevermind.  I'll stick with my bolt action rifle.  The damage difference isn't significant, especially if you're shooting at vital spots.

On another peripheral point... is it possible to get RID of weapons?  I have several I never use now, and would just like to get rid of the bloody clutter.

Edited by STNeish

37 minutes ago, STNeish said:

Nah, nevermind.  I'll stick with my bolt action rifle.  The damage difference isn't significant, especially if you're shooting at vital spots.

On another peripheral point... is it possible to get RID of weapons?  I have several I never use now, and would just like to get rid of the bloody clutter.

You can get the weapons locker for your camp and stash them in it, that's the only solution I know of but it works. :)

9 hours ago, Hiply said:

You can get the weapons locker for your camp and stash them in it, that's the only solution I know of but it works. :)

Ya, I have that... but it's a royal pain scrolling through a billion weapons to find the one I want...